Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-20-2019, 10:29 PM   #271  

diana, next time your dh does that ask the server for a to go box and take the left overs home for lunch tomorrow!
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:38 AM   #272  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciecie View Post
diana, next time your dh does that ask the server for a to go box and take the left overs home for lunch tomorrow!
I agree! But neither of us liked it, so it should have been thrown away or DH requested a replacement of a regular salad.

Life, really isn't that difficult, it us who make it that way.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #273  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I mentioned that I have been test driving various sweeteners. I think I have found one that I like. I only use 4 drops in my large mug of coffee. https://www.vitacost.com/now-foods-o...orie-sweetener

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1905 +
Weigh in for the week: 188.6
Down: .4 At least it's down, considering the sodium bomb from yesterday.

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 21

Psalm 91:3
Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

Bert woke up in a cold sweat. He had dreamed that he was lying on a beach, when suddenly the sand began to shift, and he felt himself being sucked downward. Try as he might, he couldn't twist or turn out of the trap. Every way he moved, the sand gave way. He realized that the only reason he was sinking was due to his weight. The more he fought, the deeper he sank. As the sand closed in over his head, he woke up. Quietly, he prayed that the Lord might rescue him from his prison of flesh. Immediately, he was filled with a spirit of sacrifice and commitment equal to the diet that lay before him.

Today's thought: Without a doubt, I'll win this bout!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-21-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #274  

Default September 2019

Good Morning!

Rachel: I watched most of Downton Abbey. I think I missed some of last episodes. I really liked it, but I thought some of the later episodes were a little syrupy and I did not like when they killed off the young father. I watched Masterpiece Theatre for many years and enjoyed the English classics, the Anglo-Indian stories and the American classics. I wish you could see them on Netflix or on On Demand for free. If you watch them when you are young, they can teach a lot about love, money, class.

Diana: I hope you find some sweeteners you like. I have some bottled green tea with lemon and artificial sweetener. I think I am going to give the rest away, because I end up with a headache. I am using little packs of powdered stevia from Aldi's. You can get bottled stevia from TJ's. That reminds me, I need to put a few packs of stevia in my purse. Oh, someone brought me a donut today. I ate half, but then I went back and ate the rest!. I think, if I eat part and then eat the rest a couple of hours later, I am doing really good. Like you, I have a hard time when someone else offers me food. I am training myself to delay.... If I purchase Ghirardelli's squares of chocolate, I need to make a piece last an hour....like that is easy...

DIET: too much toast, otherwise okay.

EXERCISE: biked 30, stability ball, knee, neck, and shoulder exercise. I am REALLY glad to be working out regularly.

TODO:

1) food mover

2) exercise

3) gardening

4) sorting
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #275  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy weekend! Just a quick post today. I stepped on the scale 2 days early. If that number holds, I’ll be at my lowest in 30 years. Official weigh in Monday. This will be good motivation to stay on plan this weekend.
etherbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #276  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
Diana sorry you had a bad dining experience, I too have gone out to eat only to eat food I didn't particularly like and then paid for it the next few days on the scale.

WI up again....so the 2.2lbs I lost on Wednesday and now become only 1.2lbs sheesh...don't know what is going on, I am making more of an effort getting to bed early and actually according to my fitbit getting in 7.5 hours a sleep a night! And I am staying under my points and I am still at the gym giving it 95-110% depending on the day. Ah the mystries
WO none formal today

Going on a shopping spree with my sister today, we both need new blouses for fall, what I had from last year are tired and look worn and .....too big Anyway we are going to hit a smaller mall near her home, then go to the 'supermall' which is nothing more than outlet stores before we make a swing through Trader Joe's for some staples. We are going to have lunch out but since we are both following the weight watchers plans I am sure we will keep each other in check

Muse I love the 1970's LOL That was a fun time for me, so young and (stupid) LOL I still have all my old vinyl records....Elton John, Queen, Journey, Kansas oh dear now I am going way back hahaha
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:05 AM   #277  

good morning ladies! went for two power walks this morning. ran errands both times. had a healthy breakfast. hung up half of the load of laundry i did yesterday on the line to dry. dried the other half in the dryer last night and folded it this morning. have a load in the washing machine now. will hang that up tomorrow morning.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:56 PM   #278  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Default trying to understand my compulsive eating

Morning Ciecie!

Hello eveybody!

I hope you all have a good weekend.
Nancy Yes I have all my vinyl as well but no record player, I could tell you a few good Queen stories, but not really appropriate for this forum. I've known musicians all my life though I am recluse these days and many people have been and gone. I don't know the band 'Journey' I will have to look them up. Sorry to hear that your weight has gone back up. It happens to me all the time and I kind of react to it badly. In the end it's our health and appearance that matters more than a number on a scale. Are those Renpho scales fairly accurate? My scales are just not accurate at all which is very discouraging, but I don't want to spend a fortune on a new scale and the Renpho one looks cheap and fun.
Sorry I don't have time to write to everyone each time.
Hello Terri! So you enjoyed Downton? I might have a look at it if I can find it somewhere.
Diana
that's half a pound down, that's still great.

I met my goals until around 8pm this evening when I compulsively ate an entire 450g pot of low fat fruit yogurt....around 460 calories.....I don't understand why I compulsively eat like this. The more I tell myself I shouldn't do this, the more I want to eat it anyway....I am hoping over time to get better at being able to control this kind of snacking. If I am on my own somehow I believe that no one will find out but I am telling you here, so I must take responsibility for it and find solutions. Yes I am under a lot of pressure, other people smoke or drink or take prescription drugs like anti-depressants, but I eat too much low fat yogurt.
Good luck everyone and hope you all have something good to do this weekend.

Last edited by Muse17; 09-21-2019 at 04:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Muse17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:19 PM   #279  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

Hi friends, back again - third time a charm - I'm working my way through the posts so I can get to know all'y'all better. My name is anniemaxx and I'm Scottish. Living in Florida for 30 plus years. Twice I have been over 300lb and it won't happen a third. Please support me in my quest for health. I am so looking forward to hearing your stories.
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:43 PM   #280  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow is the Old Fashioned day at church. We are also having a dinner. I plan on having salad w/grilled chicken breast. I am providing the salad for the group, but I am bringing the chicken for myself. My plan is to avoid all the food but my salad.

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast ( 240 )
siggi's strawberry yogurt 110 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
cherries/berries fruit 70 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (520 calories)
salad w/grilled chicken w/bhf's ranch 420 calories
later grapes 100 calories

Dinner (650 calories)
rotisserie chicken 400 calories
steamed yellow squash 100 calories
1 bite mashed potatoes 50 calories
butter pecan yasso yogurt pop 100

Exercise
45 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-21-2019 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:46 PM   #281  

welcome annie! went for several power walks tonight. will be going to bed in a few minutes don't have to go to church tomorrow as i went tonight.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:37 AM   #282  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am planning to do my month end stuff at work today, cleaning, etc. Not sure about getting a formal workout in. We'll see.

anniemaxx Hi and Welcome to the check-in.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 22

Mark 11:24
'Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.'

Abby knew that God hadn't lost her weight for her, but He sure helped her be able to lose it. When she felt most like giving up, He encouraged her and gave her the will to go on. When she was most tempted to break her diet, He reminded her of how important it was to stick with it. When the pounds began to fall, He filled her with a deep joy that insured she would continue. She never forgot to pray, whether it was for help, for strength, or for thanksgiving. Abby hadn't lost the weight all by herself. God helped more than she could ever know.

Today's thought: I'm glad that I'm a loser. . .of weight!
Old 09-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #283  

good morning! went for a power walk this morning and ran errands. came home and had breakfast. also hung up a load of laundry that i did yesterday on the line to dry. will go for a power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:42 AM   #284  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all

Well shopping with my sister was a lot of fun but oh my it has been so long and clothes are so expensive!. My goal was to move away from your tee shirt type quick clothes to more uptown blouses and material. I found 4 that I liked and they do not require ironing LOL. But it was so hard to watch myself pay for them Then I impulsed bought not 1 but 2 pair of shoes since the ones I wear on a daily basis are looking beyond tired, then one more impulse purchase I bought a shelf/stand in a brushed nichol look to go over our toilet in our small master bathroom so I would have some shelves to put personal items on instead of using my window sill. So now I will say I am getting on the broke side hehe

WI back down again and praying it holds until Wednesday
WO I did manage to get my 10,000 steps in yesterday but no in a 'workout' type way just a lot of walking while shopping.

muse I really like my renfro scale and I do find it is very accurate it also measure other things on your body like muscle mass, BMI etc. But I did notice when the numbers start to look odd it is time to change the batteries.
welcome anniemaxx
Diana
How was the old fashioned day at church????? I have never seen the liquid monk fruit sweeter, I will have to look for it around here
ether....hoping the scale is good to you in the morning
ciecie so busy busy busy
Rachel where are you?? Jen??? Granny??
Terri how did you do yesterday?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:24 PM   #285  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

Good morning chicks
Spent some time reading your posts and getting to know you.

Yesterday afternoon and this morning I have been working on goals - weight loss and exercise.
Today's plan - swimming
Start to detox from the sugar.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Annie
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote