Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 10:17 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up August 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
Old 07-31-2019, 11:21 PM   #2  

Thanks for getting the August thread started.😁
Old 08-01-2019, 01:06 AM   #3  

Happy August everyone. I hope its a good month.

Diana thank you for starting the August thread. Awesome that your stomach has been pain free for 3 months Great that you have been back on plan. Sorry you had such a frustrating day. But I admire that you got 30 minutes in on the treadmill. What a woman!!

Nancy I will be curious to hear how the food with the bone broth tastes in the instant pot. I have not ventured to use mine except for medicinal yogurt. And that was pretty simple. You really are getting some good feedback from people at the gym.

​Ciecie thinking of you. Lovely that there will be someone playing "Oh what a beautiful morning" on the flute. Glad that you were able to hand the messy music situation over to your brother.

Hi to everyone else.

Tuesday turned out to be a disaster with food. Late at night I ate a lot of shrimp with a T of butter and garlic. That's after eating dinner and a large triple chocolate chip cookie.

Wednesday better. Celebrating that my lower GI is better. Back to eating salads.
Coffee 200
fattening food off the hot food bar at the grocery store. 2 breaded mozzarella sticks 2 small boneless wings (like chicken nugget). 450?
Teryaki turkey jerky 240
Vegetables 100
Watermelon 200
Salad: lettuce, cucumber, carrot, snap peas and onion with low calorie feta cheese and Green Goddess dressing 250
Total: 1440
Goal going forward is to not have food off the hot food bar. Its like I get hangry for it when I am out. Like soothing the beast.

Last edited by flower123; 08-01-2019 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

Ciecie, when is your Dad's funeral?

Zallie, where are you? Miss you!

Jen, miss you!

Well, I enjoyed a large bowl of granola which put me over the edge calorie-wise yesterday. That plus 3-4 ounces cheddar cheese, which I really didn't need. So I took in 2000 calories. Ugh. Moving on...

Today's goals: treadmill, stretching, fiber, veggies, 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:56 AM   #5  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
153.2 this morning

Sorry to have been absent, you’ve been in my thoughts and prayers. I have been in a bit of a funk or something. I feel I am coming out of it. Back to basics.

Ciecie so sorry to read about your dad. Sending a virtual hug and condolences.

Diana Hi! I hope all is well with you and yours. I was thinking of you the other day when I looked at my calendar. It’s been a year so I guess I am in menopause. I am going to make it official at the end of the year. Maybe a party

Flower Hi!

Hope everyone is doing well

Last edited by kelijpa; 08-01-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:26 AM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Welcome back, everyone!

Kelijpa It's good to see you check-in. Have you done any exciting things since we saw you last? I guess I am 2 years out now. But I have noticed an increase in hot flashes recently. So I guess I am dealing with more symptoms. It's always something.

Last night: Full Body Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 1

John 14:18

'I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.'

Joan was such a great friend. Almost every day she would stop by to see how things were going. Joan had been there herself. She had battled her weight for years. It was comforting to have someone around who had made it. Joan looked great. Just knowing it could be done made the whole diet easier, somehow. When we try to lose weight all by ourselves, the struggle is doubly difficult. We all need support in tough times. We can count on God's comfort when we diet. He has promised that He will never leave us comfortless. Believe in that promise. When our diets seem most futile, God will come to us.

Today's thought: With the help of friends, I can lose more pounds!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-01-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Ciecie I am sorry for your loss.

hello to all! I have remained consistent for almost one month! No added sugar for me sure seems to work. I had been on a trend of severe binging every ten days for ... months? I’m glad to have broken the cycle.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Ciecie, so very sorry for your loss of your dad. I know he is in heaven cheering you on. I am glad you got some issues smoothed out.

Diana, thank you again for your faithfulness. So happy about the good report from Connie!! Thankful you have had peace in your digestive system.

Rachel, so proud you are doing so well

Nancy, I have my own problems with chocolate. I recently prayed for a greater measure of grace to be able to forsake food and I was able to fast one day and do OMAD.

Granny, I didn't see a recent post. I know you have surgery scheduled for August right?

Jules, praise God for broken bad cycles.

Terri, so glad to see you are posting more

ok, after getting over my kids being sick, and getting hit with a migraine myself (ovulation hormones). I actually fasted for almost 2 days, I broke second day with OMAD. then I went over my ex house to help him with a need, and I got week and fell into his arms overnight.

We went from no hand holding, no words of affection to kissing and telling each other we loved one another. I don't think it changes anything though...not much. I have a unique set of circumstances. I snuck out of the house like a teenager and I haven't told anyone but my mom and a girlfriend. It's just that I love him so much and told him so. He also told me he hadn't been with anyone either (well almost one time because he was drunk...but too drunk to do anything) since 2013.

my conscience is clear regarding the matter, because the divorce was non biblical so I do not believe God is interested in it. The Word instructs me to remain unmarried or be reconciled to my husband. I have been praying for reconciliation.

a long time ago when my ex and I would fight. I'd cry out to God and ask Him for Wisdom regarding our relationship and a lot of times I would ask for it in a song.

for a while the same song would play and I wouldn't understand it because I never in a million years thought I would find myself in that particular situation.

it went like this

"are you gonna stay with the one who loves you, or are you going back to the one you love"

I didn't understand the words because I would never even try to give my heart to another man, they would not have a chance, and there was no way I'd stay with a man I didn't love, but loved me? I did one time before, it was enough to teach me never to do it again

I wrote about my frustration with the song in my journals and even thought God was not answering me. Which God has revealed details to me in this method before so I trusted in it.

Anyways, my friend has been good to me and is jealous of me and anyone. He also defended me and protected me from my ex. I could only imagine what he would say or do, and I'm not trying to get kicked out right now.

I have gotten to a new range in my weight. I just ovulated so I may not break the 180s. Ex and I were careful so no worries about pregnancy and I remember last time I hit 170s, I got pregnant. So now I'm safe from that and about to breakthrough hopefully in the next week. Barring pms..
if I just remind myself it's normal to gain weight with PMS, I won't get too discouraged. It's shocking that I'm 180.8 today and 2 weeks ago 187 stared at me from my scale.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good afternoon to all!
Jen nice to see you! and great news about the fasting and OMAD you have really embrassed this
Kelijpa....great to see you too again
flower, I have made yogurt in the instant pot and yup it is easy to do. I will let you know how the bone broth turns out, last time I tried I thought the smell was really off so I dumped it out and tossed the silacone ring. This time I am going to go get bones from the local butcher, roast them then make the broth. So unless something crazy happens I will make the broth this weekend.
Jules, great job on your 1 MONTH of being extra sugar free
Rachel, I have granola (1/8C) in my yogurt every morning...nothing wrong with it
Diana, thank you for starting the new thread each month

So this am at the gym ran into an old gym worker who has transfered to another location..have not seen him since last fall???? Not sure, but he gave me a thumbs up on how I am looking compared to last year, another feel good moment even if the scale refuses to play nice.

Oh I was scheduled to do Warrior Dash in September through my sisters work, they found out yesterday that the company has closed it doors!!!! Just like that no warning. Spartan games did step up and say all that had regestered they would honor at thier event so I may or may not being participating more to come.

Food wise yesterday...not great, we went out to dinner and the best I can tell I did OK but still points were up there around 30ish, but did have 7+ activity points to eat so it balanced out
WO this am I could tell I did not eat 'clean' yesterday since I was so sluggish, and the gym was unusally busy this morning. I don't know if it was because it is the first of the month and everyone was making a new start????....Peeve...Gal went into shower this am and was blasting her music! Me and several others had to speak loud to get her to hear to turn her music down! no one wants to listen really....This is not your home that you can blast everyone out, ok rant over

Back later

Last edited by nancylmrn; 08-01-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:45 PM   #10  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 08-02-2019, 05:53 AM   #11  

Good morning! Dad’s funeral is today. Calling hours were last night. My sister-in-law got here yesterday afternoon. She flew in and rented a car at the airport.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Ciecie, thinking about you today and also your family.

Jen, thanks for sharing about what's been going on. So good to hear from you.

Nancy, I had to smile at your 1/8 cup of granola! My idea of a decent serving of granola is at least 8 times that amount ! Or more!! Yikes! Can really hike up the calories for me. I admire your restraint

No granola for me yesterday, but I did go over my calorie goal. Had 1685.

Today's goals:
1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:23 AM   #13  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
153.3 this morning

Pizza for supper, Dunkin frozen coffee on the way home. 25 points for a medium, yikes.

Ciecie you’re in my thoughts and prayers today.

Diana I am having the hot flashes as well. I thought they would go away, I guess not. Oh well. We went on a camping trip out west for almost the whole month of June. It was great. I was pretty good on vacation then lost my focus when we got back. Finally getting back on plan the last couple weeks and working to get off at least 5 pounds. Glad to hear you have had relief from the stomach pain.

Nancy sounds like things are going well. I restarted an exercise plan that worked well for me in the past. Persistence pays off if we only have the patience to stick with it. Congrats!

Jendiet hope all goes well for you

I am reading a couple books, Girl, Wash Your Face, which I highly recommend chapter two, it resonated with me and got me to start journaling again. I am also reading Atomic Habits which is about making small changes to establish habits.

Happy Friday, hope everyone has a good day and weekend

Last edited by kelijpa; 08-02-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:12 AM   #14  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

My friend's husband's birthday is tomorrow. She invited us for pie, but my DH is usually home late from the farm. I didn't think it would work well, so I suggested that me make a small dinner for all of us tonight and then have the pie. Kinda like a little party for him. I suggested pulled pork sandwiches and she loved the idea. I prepped the pork last night and preparing it today.

Ciecie Praying for you today.

Kelijpa Sounds awesome! What has been your favorite place that you have visited?

Last night: Full Body Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 2

Matthew 11:28
'Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

'
Sunday was 'anything goes' day. Carol had decided that if she was good about sticking to her diet through the week, she would allow herself to splurge on Sunday. It made the diet so much more tolerable. Interestingly, she never really went overboard on Sunday. She ate something she really liked, but she ate a moderate amount and found herself totally satisfied. Whenever we attempt something difficult, we need to allow ourselves a respite. It is a good thing to take a break, even from a diet. It requires self-control, but it can help us keep a healthy perspective on why we diet in the first place. Once we have rested from our fast, we can return to it renewed.

Today's thought: I am tired of being heavy-ladened physically!
Old 08-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning to all!
WO was not so great today, my arthritis in my left had was acting crazy and making it hard to grip the weights so not my best effort....my body knows its friday it is just tired LOL
WI fluctuations happen up a bit but that is ok

ciecie, you are in my thoughts today

Ok I am offically registered for Spartan Game Sprint on September 8th. I have no idea what I am getting into but I will get a T-shirt and medal when I am done LOL......back later
Closed Thread