Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 08:29 AM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/182/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Flower Remember, don't worry about doing personals. I don't want you to avoid coming here because you feel you need to respond. I know you are struggling with eating and cravings. It's all a process and you will get there.

Last night: Full Body Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1415
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!
Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 8

John 1:5
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Rusty scared herself. She walked past the mirror in the dim light of dusk and thought there was a stranger in the house. How had she gotten so big? Who was she kidding? She kept telling herself that she wasn't that big, but it was so bad she didn't recognize her-self in the mirror. It was like a revelation: a bright light shining through the darkness. She had to do something about her weight. Determined, she set out to lose the weight she had gained, and with God's help, she was able to do just that.

Today's thought: I want to find out just how good I can look!
Old 08-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #77  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI offical no change....which is really dissheartening since Tue I was down 2.4lbs from last week and now the same at 157.2. So I know this is some kind of revenge for eating a 1/2 of salt bomb sandwich on Sunday and a glass of wine on Tuesday???? those are my only guilty sins but I logged every bite. This has to be sodium. oh well it is only one week
WO Well today is the 2nd day I split my 30 min cardio into 3 intense/hard 10 min intervals. I found that I could lift a litte better and was more comfortable with my ab work. Then after my shower I did not have another 'heat wave' drench me in sweat after I am all dry. So these are the positives....

Negative, well me being me, I purchased some new bluetooth buds to wear at the gym to listen to my books. Then I went on a hunt for soemthing that would hold my water bottle and phone together so I only had to tote around 1 item + towel as I go from station to station.
So yesterday I found a small fanny pack that had a water bottle holder and a pouch that could hold my phone....so I purchased it and went home and cut the fanny pack apart so now I just have the pouch and bottle holder. So this am I am pumped and put my ear buds in before getting in my car, take my phone out of the case and set in my car for my drive to the gym....get inside only to find out I left the phone in the car...ok another day with no book AND I forgot to pack my dry socks.

Happy Thursday LOL
Tonight is my 'treat' night ....I am getting a facial, then my hair cut

back later
Old 08-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Flower, I agree, don't worry about personals but it is good to vent

Nancy, that stinks and sounds like how my days go sometimes. Thanks for the encouragement

Terri, keep at it. Boat races sound like fun!

ciecie, do you hang out with people in the community?

Back up to 182.6 and cheated on my diet yesterday...it's always some small little allowance but I can't let it be, I go all or nothing!!

I am pretty sure it's because I only ate a hotdog and chili sauce for dinner + snowball and coconut water drink..

based on the VERY UNCOMFORTABLE hunger I had the day before, I think I caved...

it started off with a leftover hot dog and green beans which would have been fine if not a little late but then I threw in chocolate, pretzel's and left over sweet potato fries...thankfully I didn't eat too much, and pretty sure the larger bump is due to bulk and salt...

Am stressed out about some situations and ended up working today for coworker...

thinking I will have eggs and a piece of bacon instead of skipping lunch

Old 08-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 168/137/133-138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good afternoon

Just checking in on you chicks. Home for awhile from caregiving for my uncle. He seems to be comfortable; the meds help. I find myself just bursting into tears at odd moments. It's so hard to witness the decline of my precious uncle. Otherwise I seem to be holding it together pretty much emotionally at the important times, like when I'm in "nurse" mode.

My eating is not overboard; just not paying too much attention to calories going in, but I think I have some pretty good habits which are coming into play during this stressful time. Just snacked on a bag of snap peas. Satisfying.

The Lord is my strength. I am grateful for all your prayers!!!
Old 08-08-2019, 04:27 PM   #80  
Trying to live below 200

Rachel Continuing with payers.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:29 PM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

I have think I have figured out the problem with my step app. A little background: I have a Samsung phone and use the Samsung Health App. to track my steps. I was very happy with it until the phone and app had a major update. After the update I noticed that the step tracking wasn't working properly. I actually called Samsung and they walked me through clearing the cache and a couple different things. This did not change a thing. Keep in mind I was easily reaching my 10,000 steps prior to the update. After the update, even with 1 hour of cardio plus additional walking I would only have 7000 steps tops. On the average I was only getting 4000-5000 steps.

I was noticing that some days were higher than others but for no apparent reason. So I decided to be more observant and I noticed that the days I put the phone upside down in my pocket the steps were higher. I tested this today and sure enough, it's true.

Now, does anyone have any idea why after the update, for the step tracker app to be accurate, it has to be kept upside down in my pocket?
Old 08-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #82  

Good afternoon! 2 miles Leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. Power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. Will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes. 😁
Old 08-08-2019, 10:36 PM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1565 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories
couple pieces of pineapple 50 calories

Exercise:
JS Upper Body Circuit walk w/8's, JS Lower Body Circuit Walk w/8's, JS 1 Mile Express Abs Walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 08-08-2019, 11:02 PM   #84  
Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I have think I have figured out the problem with my step app. A little background: I have a Samsung phone and use the Samsung Health App. to track my steps. I was very happy with it until the phone and app had a major update. After the update I noticed that the step tracking wasn't working properly. I actually called Samsung and they walked me through clearing the cache and a couple different things. This did not change a thing. Keep in mind I was easily reaching my 10,000 steps prior to the update. After the update, even with 1 hour of cardio plus additional walking I would only have 7000 steps tops. On the average I was only getting 4000-5000 steps.

I was noticing that some days were higher than others but for no apparent reason. So I decided to be more observant and I noticed that the days I put the phone upside down in my pocket the steps were higher. I tested this today and sure enough, it's true.

Now, does anyone have any idea why after the update, for the step tracker app to be accurate, it has to be kept upside down in my pocket?
ok this is a head scratchier for sure...I can't use the app on my samsung since most of my activity I don't have my phone with me.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:16 AM   #85  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
ok this is a head scratchier for sure...I can't use the app on my samsung since most of my activity I don't have my phone with me.
Strange, for sure. Yesterday I logged the amount of steps that I normally would before the major update. It was a little over 12,000 steps. I kept my phone upside down in my pocket all day. Trying again, today to see if my theory proves correct. I told someone yesterday, that I must have held the phone upside down while the update was taking place.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:21 AM   #86  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Today is my early day. I didn't get enough sleep since I didn't get to bed early enough. There is a lady in church who is in a wheel chair and has a van set up to accommodate her needs. I mentioned her previously. Her van has problems again and it might not be able to be repaired. This weekend I need to get her groceries for her and whatever else she needs. Her name is Aimee. If you get a chance, please pray for her and her situation. She has worked really hard to keep her independence. Also, Ms. Connie needs prayer, too, because she is struggling with continued side effects from the chemo. Thank you.

Last night: Full Body Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1565 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 9

John 8:10-11
When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, 'Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?' She said, 'No man, Lord.' And Jesus said unto her, 'Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

'
The doctor was going to kill her. Kate had been told to lose thirty pounds over six months. For awhile she had done really well. She took off twenty in the first three months, but lately she had gained again, for a net loss of only about twelve pounds. Kate was astonished when the doctor merely encouraged her to try harder. Christ, like the doctor, offers us no condemnation. He wants us to lose weight for our own sakes, not for His. He wants to help us, not hurt us. Take comfort in the acceptance of Jesus Christ.

Today's thought: Even when I give in, I'm still a good person.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-09-2019 at 06:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:54 AM   #87  

Default August 2019

Hi!

I am feeling really tired, so I will make this quick. I have been up a couple of hours...biking, dish washing, playing with my cat. Ate peach and toast and egg white for breakfast. I try to get things done at the start of the day, because I am so low energy. Diet was good yesterday except for a few pretzels, some chocolate covered almonds and a 2 slice BLT. NO FRAPPE. I had 3 cups of golden milk. I gardened a couple of hours and I biked 30 minutes. I am reading a book.

Have a good day!

TODO:
1) food mover
2) exercise
3) sorting
4) gardening.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #88  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/145.3/145

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
154.1 this morning

Going to weigh in today will have to pay for August, too. Weighing in once a month doesn’t work for me (I am a long time weight watcher, off and on, one for the past few years) I easily kept my weight off going to regular meetings. I expected to be down this morning but I’m guessing the pre-made lobster bisque DH wanted was full of sodium. Oh well, onward.

Sorry about missing posting, back to first thing in the morning. We’re moving stuff around in the house so I have a little place of my own, one of the only things I miss about going to work. Having my own little spot. Anyway that’s the latest project, any time I do something like this I get exasperated with myself for the stuff that I hang onto for no apparent reason. Again, oh well. Continuous improvement.

Rachel sending strength and prayers. It’s wonderful that you are able to care for your uncle.

Zallie lovely picture, you look fabulous.

Diana hope you’re having a better week. The struggle is real

Ciecie you’re in my thoughts and an inspiration.

Flower

Jendiet wishing you all the best with your ex. I am constantly saying that part of the extended serenity prayer “Knowing that You will make all things right if I surrender to Your will.” Re: camping, my DH and I bought a small cargo trailer that we outfitted like a small camper, we call it our hard sided tent. We took about a month long trip out west. It was great, PA to Montana and back. We spent time in Michigan, both the mitt and upper peninsula, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, even Dorothy’s house in Liberal, Kansas haha.

Teri

Nancy sounds like you’re doing great. I have always wanted to try one of those obstacle races, sounds fun. How great that your sister’s work pays for it. Have fun.

Well, I better get moving, planning on weighing in at WW at 10 am.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 08-09-2019 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 168/137/133-138

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

Just checking in. So grateful for prayers....thank you.

Doing okay on my eating. Trying to be conscientious in my choices. Hopefully maintaining. If gaining, it's not too severe.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:52 AM   #90  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all
WI saw a drop this morning so I am hoping that the salt bomb is gone...sheesh it seems to take 4-5 days for my body to recover from one, but I have to admit it was sure a nice meal and will probably do it again in my future
WO spliting up my cardio to 10 min of HIIT intensity is going to work for me I think. I did buy a new pair of wireless bluetooth earbuds. They were almost great but I need to change the squissy thingy that goes on the right one it would not stay in my ear when I was on the treadmill. I guess I am just too jaring for it. So I will experiment next week when I go back to the gym. My 2 month measureing date is coming up at the end of next week so I am hoping for some progress considering I am the same weight as I was in the begining of June.

Diana, prayers sent to Ms Connie and Aimee
Kelijpa, I hope the weight in today goes well for you and if not you know you just need to get back to basic's with ww and it will come right off
Teri000, sorry your energy level is so low. Everyone has days like that
Rachel, so glad you are able to check in, will be thinking of you
Jen how are you today??????

Big round of hugs for everyone. It is Friday and time to start winding down ....we may attend a local loggers jamboree LOL I remember going as a child and the place is still going...log rolling, pole climbing, axe throwing you name it..whoop whoop
Closed Thread