Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 08:10 AM   #256  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #257  

Default August 2019

Good Morning!

I got up at 4 am and worked out, but I was so tired, I fell back to sleep before I could make an entry.

Nancy, Diana: Thanks for info about veggie shredders/pasta makers. I just wondered if anyone used them. I am thinking maybe I will grow some squash next year. But I need to figure out away to eat it. One year I gave them all away to a food bank at a garlic festival.

Kelipa: I like when my computer works really smoothly. My first computer came with a manual...and I even changed the power supply by myself. I really liked XP on my second computer. This current computer is cheaper, the mouse doesn't work so well, and there are a lot of things that are annoying....and I get tired of having to learn something new. I get afraid to change search engine...that I might lose my favorites. I use sticky notes and occasionally I lose them, and it's really annoying to figure out how to bring them back...

DIET was okay except for 2 half frappes, some chocolates and 1 1/2 strips of bacon on my BLT plus cucumber. (The bacon stuck together.) I have been getting cukes from the garden and cherry tomatoes. Somebody ate my broccoli, and bigger tomatoes, some cucumber plants, and pepper plants.

EXERCISE: I biked 50 min, knee exercise, neck and shoulder exercises.\

TODO:

1) food mover

2) exercise

3) gardening

4) sorting

Sorry, I am like a broken record, but it is what works the best for me...I am trying to get better habits on auto-pilot so I don't have to make an effort.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:33 AM   #258  

good morning again! had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:53 AM   #259  

Hello to All,

I was on here a very long time ago and I did fantastic! Like a lot of people I thought, once I saw good results, I wouldn't need as much support...so, I stopped coming by. Since I left, my world has turned upside down and I gained all the weight back...getting all the way up to 306lbs. Last November, I fell down a flight of stairs and now am in a wheelchair, so not only am I dealing with a bad diet, I have a little avenue when it comes to exercise. Just last week, I hit my "rock bottom" when I had a panic attack in the shower. I've yet to get a full handicap bathroom, so I'm still climbing stairs and getting into a deep bathtub. The creaking in my assistant chair got me thinking, if I broke it and fell, I wouldn't be able to get up and no one could lift me out. Like I said, I panicked.

In the beginning, I had hope, I'd recover fast. Surgery wasn't an option for many reasons, so if I ever recover from the fall, it will be a long way down the road. I will always need something ie. wheelchair or walker. Right now, I can't hold my own weight and walk more than ten steps. After the panic attack, I decided, I would no longer go upstairs for my shower. That means, certain things need to be done...like a proper working shower and/or the flexibility of sponge baths. I hate confessing how hard things are. I like doing things on my own, but I have to learn I have limits.

One of those limits is, I have little to no support when it comes to diet and exercise. My husband is a feeder. He loves comforting me with food and silly things. I have to learn to put my foot down and keep it down. Just after the fall, I was diagnosed with pre diabetes and given the option of meds or diet and exercise. I took the diet and exercise then proceeded to gain at least twenty pounds. I see my thyroid doctor next month and I've got another confession, I'm afraid to hear what she has to say. Diabetes runs in my family like water in a rushing rapid river. To make matters worse, before the fall, I was already dealing with new handicaps...like losing the use of my right hand. We were getting used to a routine, which oddly has changed since the fall. I can no longer cook for myself, so I rely heavily on others. With all that, up until last week, I stayed positive. Now, I'm not so sure of things.

I can really use support from people who understand the struggle. When I was on here last, I came to this thread the most. It was a comfort. I remember Diana. You were always kind, positive and supportive. If I promise not to be so wordy and depressing will you welcome me back?

My stats as of right now are:
300lbs
30 mins on recumbent bike
Old 08-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #260  

welcome back kat in a hat! went for a power walk this morning. will go for another one this afternoon after lunch. finally going to get a MAJOR REMODELING AND RENOVATION PROJECT started here.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #261  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Welcome (back) Kat! I look forward to learning more about you as time goes on.

WI up .8 this am but that was expected. I was not a good model yesterday. Pizza and beer my nemisis for sure
WO was good this am and I am going to increase my plank times from 30 seconds to 45 starting tomorrow. So that is 2 side planks and 1 on my elbows...its time

MIL has been moved to a rehab facility for 20 days or less depending on her progress.

Teri000 look at you up even earlier than me! by 45 min I am loving it
Rachel, good for you to be able to maintain during the stressful month.
Diana, did you weigh in on Saturday or did you skip because of the peanut addition LOL?
Granny thinking of you as always us Nancy's have to stick together.
kelijpa how are you liking your fitbit? Which one did you purchase? I have the alta
Jen how is the kiddo's first week at school?
ciecie you are as busy as ever

Old 08-26-2019, 04:58 PM   #262  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Kat Welcome back!

Nancylmrn Yes, I avoided the scale. No sense in putting salt in the wound.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:07 PM   #263  

will go for a power walk and run an errand in a few minutes.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #264  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Cardio Pump, workout 2 w/8's

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 08-26-2019, 11:48 PM   #265  

good night all! went for a power walk after supper tonight. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:52 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Kat Ina Hat, Great to have you join us! May you be much encouraged; this is such a supportive group!

Nancy, I think that's really neat that you make soap! Does it lather well?

Yesterday, I took in 1600 calories.

Today's goals: , sit ups & stretching, fiber, veggies, 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:28 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi

449 cal yesterday
One hour pickleball

Totally did NOT meet my 1200 cal avg for the week.

Went wild at the bakery on Sat. So wild I just did not log.
Where is this person who was so dedicated to her diet in the spring? I want her back.

So impressed with Diana, Ciecie, Nancy, Teri and Rachtk for posting regularly.

Rachel- way log and count avg for the week! And do fine your loss.

Ciecie-- what is your renovation project?

Teri- I read somewhere you got up at 4 to exercise. That is dedication! Even if you needed a nap later! You can do favorites in Google too. Bookmarks I think they are called. And you can import them from other browsers. They are under the file menu. If you are interested in more details, let me know.

Nancy- 30 seconds And 45 second planks. Nice! I think it would be interesting to try to make soap.

Hi Flower and Kelijpa!

Grannynancy- how are things going?

Welcome Kat Ina Hat! This is a great group of chicks!

Well, something I did over the weekend hurt my knee a bit. Not sure if it was the jogging and sprinting or playing pickleball or something in bootcamp or just inflammation from bad eating. I have not tried sprinting since. Think it is a little better today.
I know I need the sprinting as it was absolutely awful doing it.
Will monitor.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:59 AM   #268  

Nice
Old 08-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #269  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Harshit Hi and welcome!

Last night: Basic stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 27

Ephesians 2:14-15
For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.

As wrong as it was, Rachel had to admit that being thin helped her fit in. She really wasn't a different person now that she was thin, but people sure treated her that way. It was unbelievable that people were so biased against those who were fat. Rachel sighed a prayer of thankfulness to God that He had helped her lose weight. It was hard, being on the outside. Nobody likes being ostracized. She also prayed that God might make people see how unfair it was to judge others based on their appearance. If God could help Rachel lose weight, perhaps He could change the bigotry of some concern-ing obesity.

Today's thought: Fat or skinny, I'm the same person inside!
Old 08-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #270  

welcome harshit! went for a power walk and ran errands early this morning. had breakfast a few minutes ago. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Closed Thread