Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 06:42 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

Diana so thrilling about Ms Connie. Praise the Lord!

Zallie, I hope things are okay? Miss you!

Flower, frustrating on the coffee bean grinder! What are you doing for coffee in the meantime?

Yesterday I took in 1350 calories. That's more like it!

Today's goals: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, treadmill, situps and stretching, fiber, veggies.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #272  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Flower Where do you get the powdered bone broth? I have been on the search, for years for a bouillon powder, without added MSG and lower sodium.

Last night: Full Body Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh in Saturday

Have a Blessed Day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
July 30

Colossians 3:23
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.

Alice was right: Doug had been doing his diet halfway. His heart hadn't really been in it, and Alice asked him why he was even doing it at all. Now, he felt he was ready. Alice had offered the challenge, and he aimed to take her up on it. No more halfway measures: he was going to throw all his energy and commitment into losing some weight. God wants us to mean what we say. Our yes must mean yes, and our no must mean no. Whatever we choose to do, we ought to do it fully, for God wants children with commitment and resolve, not indecision and insincerity.

Today's thought: My diet is an all-or-nothing proposition!
Old 07-30-2019, 12:38 PM   #273  

Good afternoon! My brother got here last night. His best friend picked him up at the airport. We brought more of dad’s stuff in the house. We went out to breakfast this morning.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:38 PM   #274  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning/afternoon
Well I did peek at the scale this am and it shows a gain of 1.2lb which honestly I really expected given the amount of chocolate I have been eating the past few days. I truly think the sugar is causing the flair up in my hands. I did take alieve last night before bedtime and was ok this am at the gym. Although near 7am (my 12 hour limit) things started going sideways with my thumbs. I am going to see if I can tolorate 'golden milk' there are so many recipes for it. I will be using unsweetned almond milk. I have the ingredients at work and when I get a breather I am going to make some. and if the taste is acceptable I will make it part of my morning for a few weeks and see if it helps the arthritis.

WO was only about 85% Did not do the 2nd round of lifting 1 round = 50 upper body reps + 50 lower body reps. My body was just plain tired today. Did not sleep well, it was very hot last night and nothing is worse than waking up in the middle of the night with a wet head from sweat.

Flower I am too interested in this powdered bone broth!
Rachel, great job on the calorie intake!
Old 07-30-2019, 02:58 PM   #275  

Default July 2019

Hello!

CieCie: So sorry about your loss. I hope you have a lot of good memories of your dad.
Flower: I think garlic is a blood thinner and I think it is good for the immune system.

I am feeling really tired. I don't like that. I weeded today and filled up a basket full of weeds. I also watered. I think I am eating a little too much and I am not drinking enough water. I am not overeating dessert. I had some jelly beans and chocolate today. I mixed up some lemon and water and stevia. I drank golden milk. I ate a half a BLT with garden cucumber. I did knee exercises.

Gosh, I feel like napping.

TODO:
1) food mover
2) exercise
3) sort
4) gardening
Old 07-30-2019, 03:39 PM   #276  

teri, we have a lot of good memories of dad.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:19 PM   #277  

Ciecie still thinking of you.

Today as I was finished with lunch, I wanted another of the same thing. It tasted great. Fortunately there was nothing left. I bought enough for one meal. Does anyone feel un-satiated? And if so, how often? Its something I still grapple with

Diana and Nancy
the only bone broth I will use is Ancient Nutrition Bone broth protein powder "pure". It was developed by the guy who started "Garden of Life" products. Then he sold the company. Dr Axe has something to do with it now. Although I don't pay much attention to him. "Pure" is the flavor I buy. Meaning no chocolate or anything else added. https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Nutrition-Protein-Powder-Servings/dp/B01DOBJ84U/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_121_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=M8TBR K8V7RFEPCWBXBDN&th=1

I get it locally on 20% off Thursdays at the health food store. Plus I get my senior discount. Sometimes Vitamin Shoppe has it on sale. I get 40 servings out of it. 1/2 scoop per serving. I use the powder to enrich sauces. It makes them taste like they were cooking a long time. I also use "better than bouillon Organic chicken". (the non organic version makes me feel sick). The two of these together can make my chicken and vegetables taste rich and delicious. If you get it please know that the powder turns hard when added to hot liquid. It must be dissolved in a bit of cold liquid and then added to the hot food. Great time of year to be talking about hot food....not! But right now I cannot eat uncooked produce.

More personals later.
Not good news about the Barnes and Noble triple chocolate cookie I ate.

Edited in: I forgot I have bought bone broth that has more collagen in it. different formulation of food. I called the company and they explained the differences. But I forgot. The main thing is to get plain. otherwise you will be drinking vanilla or chocolate flavored bones etc.

Last edited by flower123; 07-30-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:42 PM   #278  

Yes I do feel that way especially during stressful times.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:03 PM   #279  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Flower Thank you for the info on the bone broth.

I have had broccoli a couple times now and haven't had a problem with pain. But I have continued with the fiber/stool softener combo. I am almost at the 3 month mark of being pain free (stomach).

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
side salad w/BHF's ranch 200 calories
2 small grilled chicken breasts 400 calories
steamed broccoli 100 calories

Exercise:
10 Minute Solution Rapid Results Fat Burner - 4 sections
Later Added on 50 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-30-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:04 AM   #280  

Default Good morning

Ciecie, I'm so glad you have good memories of your Dad. I treasure the time I have with my Dad (& Mom). They are both elderly. I don't know what I'll do when either of them passes on. Can barely think on it.

Diana, happy to hear that you've been belly-pain-free!

Well, I took in 1545 calories yesterday.

Today's goals:
1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:04 AM   #281  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Rachel Good job on your day and planning. I am almost scared to talk about improvement. I am hoping that I got the situation figured out.

Last night: Full Body Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + <---I am still not using sugar in my coffee, only cream
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed Day!

I love today's devotion.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
July 31

Proverbs 10:25
As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an everlasting foundation.

When the group began, there were sixteen people involved. They all made a contract to lose twenty pounds by spring. Spring was less than two weeks away, and the group was down to seven members. As Jean walked along the sidewalk toward the building where her group met, she noticed some small saplings bending in the stiff March breeze. Some had broken off, but a few determined little plants held on for dear life. 'I'm like that,' Jean thought. 'Most of the others have given up, but I'm going to hang in there, no matter how stiff the challenge.' Perseverance is a huge part of a successful diet. Continually ask God for commitment to your cause. He is good to give it.

Today's thought: I'm determined to make it, no matter what!
Old 07-31-2019, 08:54 AM   #282  

Default Granny-miss you!!!

Sure miss Granny. I hope and pray that all is well. I know she was going to be with her daughter.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:05 PM   #283  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all
WI....yep up 1.8Lbs but I expected it since I ate large amounts of chocolate for 5 nights in a row (confession 2 bags of herseys kisses) 157.2. So I am going to go back to weighing each morning knowing that it really does not count until Wednesdays..I thought I could not be accountable for my fluctuations but I have to have the daily stuff
WO Was a pretty good, got all my cardio in- elliptiacal 20 min + treadmill 10 min. Then my ab's and strength 1 set of upper and lower

Meals are planned today minus the chocolate (bags are empty LOL) right now with what I have planned I have '6' points but I am sure I will bump it up with some more protien.

flower thank you so much for all the information on the bone broth. I am going to try my hand at making some this weekend in my instant pot and see what happens. I purchased what I needed to make golden milk but Ihave never been a fan of warm milk so not sure how I will like this even using almond milk.

I did have an exchange with one of the ladies at the gym and she said I motivated her to show up each day and work hard....I told her I had to show because once I give myself permission to NOT go just because...fill in your own blank, I would start to make that more the behavior rather than the exception.

Ok off to working....lol

Old 07-31-2019, 03:23 PM   #284  

Good afternoon! Went for a power walk this morning. Will go for another in a few minutes.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:59 PM   #285  
Work in Progress

So step goal for the day met, BUT...went out for a burger and adult beverage.....pts today 30....activity pts 7 (on the conservative side) goal 23pts....ok made that

so really btb tomorrow.....sister is doing awesome she is officially down 20.8lbs per weight watchers. She started out slow but now is just roaring down the scale...so proud of her.

I have the tools I just need to use them. and I will dag nabbit LOL

see all the chickies in the am after gym time.
Closed Thread