Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2019, 11:05 PM   #91  

diana, that's one of my favorite bible verses.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:41 PM   #92  

Default June 2019

Hi!

Hope you all are doing great. This is a combo of two entries. My other entry did not go through.

Jen, Glad to hear your toe is doing better. I had a sore on a toe after running around with wet shoes. I put diaper cream on it and it went away! I hate having sores. Occasionally, I get splinters and sometimes they are hard to dig out... Sorry you are having such bad gardening weather.

Zallie, Sorry, I don't have any magic elixir for getting rid of lily of the valley. (I wish it was my problem...I have thistle, crown vetch and a nasty grass that sends roots all over...) I was told that you can put 3 egg yolks in a squirt bottle with water and spray it on plants and it will keep away the deer...I've discovered the deer really like my baby dogwood trees. They do not have too many leaves. ...You could try putting a tarp over it or some bricks or a bucket or something so it (lily of the valley) doesn't get sun...but I thought lily of the valley thrives in shade...maybe cutting down your trees (only kidding). I had this multi-colored ground cover (with stinky leaves growing through my day lilies, etc. at the bottom of the hill. It spread so fast, I started ripping it out...it took a couple of years to get rid of it.

I have been digging out this purple bellflower. I don't know what it is called. But it is a nuisance when you have it in the sun. It grows everywhere and stops other plants from growing. I never get all the roots out, so a couple of years later, it is back....

I saw a coyote in the wood early in the morning. It moved so fast, I only got sight of its tail.

GranNan: Your boat trip sounds wonderful.

I watched a PBS Les Mis concert tonight. It was really good and was followed up by some performances by the original cast and then casts from high schools. Oh, I watched Bohemiain Rhapsody...really good. I did not know the group, but I recognized a lot of the music.

DID-ITs:

1) No food mover. I ate healthy and unhealthy things today.

2) No cardio, but I walked around a commercial farm, and two festivals. I did weeding for about an hour tonight.

TO-DOs:

1) exercise.

2) food mover.

3) gardening.

4) sorting.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 06:19 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 170/144/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Morning

143.4 -1.8 new low
254 cal

Had caffeine and got less than one hour of sleep last night. The caffeine helped my pickleball and really killed my sleep. I am not sure that it is worth it. Do like the caffeine buzz, but can see how it easily could be habit forming.

Know the lower weight is due to the fasting, but I'll take it.

Back to attempting less than 1000 cal today
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:21 AM   #94  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #95  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/182/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

It's going to be a busy weekend.

Zallie Congrats on the new low! I can't have caffeine past noon because it will keep me up at night.

Teri Great job on the functional fitness and getting out moving around.

Last night: Full Body Stretch & few stretches from Dr.
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh in Saturday

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 7

1 John 3:3
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

One of the best side effects of dieting is the purging our bodies receive. Interestingly, our bodies function best when we eat less. We don't overload our systems, and therefore they work better. Our bodies get cleaned out, and we feel better. It is easy to forget that we are helping our bodies operate at peak efficiency, and that our dieting cleans our entire system. Few people would mind feeling great, and God wishes for all of us a healthy, happy life. He created our systems to maintain themselves, but they can only do so if we will respect them and care for them properly.

Today's thought: My body's in need of a good spring cleaning!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:44 AM   #96  

good morning! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:13 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 136.6 (aargh) yesterday was 1466 in 1888 out with 17,520 steps (8.2 miles). BP this am was 111/69
today is planned at 1495 calories and I already have in 8300 steps and will walk more between rain showers. Walked this am in the rain.
I think I am going to have to go back to cutting down some. Feel a bit tired and somewhat lightheaded (not sure why). Tomorrow is team training in the rain. Ick. Probably no kayak day this week.

Momwannabee - glad you went to the doctor and hope you will be on the mend in short order
Nancy - Grrrrr - hang in there as you do. I made melty eggplant last night in my IP. Need to blend with an immresion blender which makes a thick sauce to which I can add other ingredients .... the orange chicken sounds good. Yeah, this kid must have been around 12. We just were all completely blown away by it and his mother's response. I mean the shop had a concrete floor so not only would I have made him clean it up I would have made him spend the day in those soggy pants.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #98  

good morning again! momwannabe, hope the doctor can give you some answers and that you are well soon. just got home from power walking and running errands a few minutes ago. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 168/137/133-138

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

Diana, thanks for sharing the scripture verses from Romans 8:5-8. Hence, the reality of the battle we face!

I took in 1700 calories yesterday. I will try to get closer to 1200 today.

Today's goals: 1200 calories, situps and stretching, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:59 AM   #100  

good morning again! just got home from power walk and running errands. will have lunch in a few minutes.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:56 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Granny, I didn't get the drop I expected after doing OMAD perfectly yesterday. I took in only 1157 calories and put out 2000 with all of the cleaning organizing, laundry...I was 184.0 yesterday and woke up to 184.0 again today...big hugs...remember rest is important too.

Nancy, I worked with people quite a bit, my interactions with others has narrowed down a lot except for ministry work and I still have issues with my tongue. We are human. There is a Bible verse "put a guard over my mouth"
I pray it frequently.

Rachel, I hope today goes better. I also pray for good results with PT for your Uncle.

momwb, every victory is deserved because you are working hard.

Diana, so glad Miss Connie is doing better. I pray there will be no negative effects from treatment at all. Thank God she has such a loving church family.

ciecie, I also am blown away on a daily basis about your consistency.

Terri, those flowers sound pretty if not for being a nuisance. Lol, about the trees. I tried growing Lily of the valley on purpose in the shade...
​​​​
Zallie, great job on the fast and the results!

Jules, hope you are getting in the swing of things again.

ok, so as reported. Been doing OMAD. Didn't do it day before yesterday but ate well anyways.

I woke up and had to work today, but my Lil ones are coming back home today!

my toe is not 100 % and I feel it when I stub it. I haven't been faithful with the stinky stuff so will soak my foot and apply it when I find the time..

I had ovulation signs and a stressful day yesterday...our lawn mower was stolen apparently and everyone played the blame game and I came out the best one to blame ...as usual.

a friend says he has one he can give me after he fixes it, and I hope that is true because I was told I had to replace it and If I try to make my case against that, it will just put more stress on the household...so just pray he follows through with that...yes I feel hurt and betrayed, but my Jesus was too.

Anyways, I'm just glad I got the cleaning and organizing done.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:23 PM   #102  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good afternoon to all! I am late to the party....and I am never late expect when I have to start work and it is a busy morning and this is my first break hehehehe. I leave too early in the morning for the gym to post then.
WI same 155.2 so grrr
W/O elliptical again today but pulled muscle along my left hip bone is feeling better. I will start back on the treadmill on Monday. Today I did do two sets of upper/lower body free weight AND added some ab work. I have mentally decided that I need to get my core strength back to some degree. As I lose weight I want to be able to have a small buldge ....not even sure that is possible but if this will help with overall balance etc. I might as well through it into the mix. There is a device that I can put my forearms on then lift my knees and hold. Not good at it first lift only count to 10 and second to 5...so work in progress. I am going to need to record these numbers somewhere so I can track improvement. I may just put it in my food journal.

diana thank you for the scripture. I was talking with my DS yesterday and at their WW meeting the focus was on one thing you are grateful everyday for. Then share with your buddy so we have decided to share with each other. This I think will also help her and I stay positive on this journey

granny sorry no fun to play in the rain, (except if you live by me then we just don't care hehe)
terri.....I don't have the garden plants that you have that tend to take over...we have ugh blackberry bushes. The suckers pop up to several feet away fromt he main plant and are almost impossible to get rid of, they take over everything....the only solutions to get rid of fields of the stuff are...beleive it or not...goats. They actually rent them out for this purpose.
zallie very impressive with that low girl...I am dreaming of the 140's I hope by August. This weekend I will measure to see if there has been a change in the last few months in leiu of little weight change.

waves and hugs to all

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:06 PM   #103  

good afternoon! will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 170/144/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi

Jen- way to go on the low cal yesterday less than 1200. Impressive!
Enjoy the little ones!

Nancylmrn- I am intrigued about what you were talking about abs and what you are doing. Do you use a device? I am working with a trainer at a small gym at work and he had me to a plank test this week. It is great cause it is free. I just have to get myself to go to it.
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #105  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
G
Nancy, I worked with people quite a bit, my interactions with others has narrowed down a lot except for ministry work and I still have issues with my tongue. We are human. There is a Bible verse "put a guard over my mouth"
I pray it frequently.
Jen your words just put it all back in perspective for me thank you from the bottom of my heart this verse reminded me that yes we are human and to try and look at things from the others point of view
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote