Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-25-2019, 09:48 PM   #331  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/197.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I've been having some neck pain the last few days. I couldn't figure out why I was hurting so bad. I made a homemade herbicide (40% vinegar, salt, and detergent) and I have been spraying weeds. I am a strong person but I have a neck injury from years ago and I have chronic pain from that. Tonight I took some Motrin and a muscle relaxer. Hopefully it will calm down soon. I literally had muscle spasms in my jaw earlier

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS Cardio Core Walk - I also had to go to Sam's Club today so I got some extra walking there

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:10 PM   #332  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:24 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 170/144/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi

Hi Chickies,

I am back to the party.

Was very On Golden Pond-ish in the Adironacks, lake, loons and all. No cell phone or Internet . Played mah jong, lay on the dock and watched the stars.

I did not log and overindulged. It could have been worse, but it was not good.

Ever too scared to weight yourself?
I am, but will do tomorrow morning.

Also played in the jazz fest which was a lot of fun. Had a good crowd.

Rachel- nice job today on the calories! See that you are thinking of buckling down for the last bit in July. We can support each other in what I hope turns out to be the last push before maintenance.

Nancylmrn- did not know that about blackberry bushes, bring so invasive, and picking by water- that is just a cool thing to know about. Way to keep doing those workouts!

Jules- 9 Mike hike . Awesome! Do you have twin 5 year olds? Bless your heart! My middle son was very strong willed. What worked on my first born did not work on number Two. In fact at times it seemed nothing worked . Had to just keep those boundaries, even if he would rbrl against them. Now he is grown and had thanked me for what I did in keeping them, despite it all . And he is now lovely to be with.

Grannynancy- Way to keep on plan! Did you make it today too? Sounded like you were willing yourself through a rough patch. I kayaked a little this weekend and thought of you! It is fun to get exercise with just arms and torso for a change. Is all your yardwork done? Thanks for posting the glove ideas, mine are always wearing out.

Teri- I have to replace a dogwood which is the anchor of the front corner of the house. Likely will get another dogwood, or maybe some other flowering tree. Do you know about trees? Boy do you have a lot of plants to plant!

Diana- saw you did 12000 steps the other day! Awesome! How are you feeling?

Jen- Fabulous job on the intake over do many days! Way to go! Glad your oldest is doing better.

Ciecie- super on all that walking!
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:26 PM   #334  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Diana I am praying that neck pain goes away

Tonight was taco Tuesday, low carb tortillas, ground turkey with taco spices, homemade corn salsa and multiple glasses of water.....weigh in tomorrow yikes!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:09 AM   #335  

good morning! diana hope the neck pain goes away. will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:43 AM   #336  

Default Morning

144 +3
Oh well.
It just shows I can't go off the wagon.
637 cal yesterday.

Hosting a breakfast pizza party thank you at work today. I plan to eat that and nothing else. Dangerous territory.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:09 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 168/145/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

Zallie, Yes, we can buckle down together for the goal/maintenance challenge starting July 1.

Diana, How is your neck doing? I myself am struggling with the same thing, but it is extending into my upper back too. Let's pray for each other.

Nancy, thanks for asking about how things are going with my uncle. I have strained my neck and upper back with the lifting so am taking off a few days to recover. My uncle is doing about the same as far as strength-wise. Physical therapy is still coming so that's good. But he's not making a tremendous amount of progress.

I took in 1145 calories yesterday.

Today's goals: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:58 AM   #338  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/197.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

The neck pain is better this morning from taking the meds, but of course it doesn't fix the problem.

Thank you for prayers for me.

Rachel1234 Yes, prayer is good.

Zallie Sounds very relaxing.

Last night: Nothing for last night, neck pain
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed Day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 26

1 Timothy 4:4
For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving.

Greg tried not to get discouraged, even though he gained back most of the weight he'd lost. This time it would be easier. He'd done it once; he could do it again. The first time had been so hard because he had such a low opinion of himself. His self-image had improved immensely, and he had the confidence he needed to know he could lose weight. Greg knew he was made in God's image, even if that image got hidden a little now and then. Know-ing that he was loved made losing weight much easier. Greg was thankful that God loved him so. He could conquer anything with God's help.

Today's thought: Good things come to those who believe they will!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #339  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Ciecie, awesome on fitness goals being met. I did some knee ups outside. It is hot, but I told myself, ciecie, does her routine everyday!

Nancies, mmmmm, blackberries, but I actually got wrapped up very painfully in a native one it wrapped around my calf in a loop. I thought all I had to do was pull to break loose and succeeded in embedding the thorns pretty deep in my calf...then trying to get it loose was no fun without gloves...it was close to woods at the back of our house...there is some kind of evil thorn thing growing through the front bushes I sort of know how to trim...

Granny, way to go on track.

Nancy, I can not justify investing in an expensive one but read for days on the different ones..I pray for direction in this tough decision.

Jules, I am glad legs are feeling better and 5 year old is settling down

Rachel, awesome on staying on track!

Zallie, how is it going?

Terri, I worked in a green house. We grew tomatoes to sell. Take the stems/leaves off the tomato plant all the way up to the top, you will have two larger ones left...bury 1/3 of this. You want to mix black/cow into some fine growing medium and add your miracle gro or fertilizer to this. Also add fungicide. Tomatoes are susceptible to everything. Get that hole deep. Put your tomato plant in the middle of the hole and fill with treated growing medium...watering ..do NOT wet leaves. Bottom of the plant...you can make a little ditch around the base to the plant, where water will gather (I just gave away my secrets)..also pine straw or something around base for further protection for leaves ..and less evaporation.

Diana, I am hoping for another drop on Saturday but I like the idea of weekly averages to compensate for highs and lows...like the ridiculous 187s that my body decided to throw?

Granny, my flower bed looks hopeless as I have been too hot/tired/busy to mess with it...

so I was 183.4 yesterday. I did not sleep the night before so I really had no appetite until dinner a's I don't think my digestive system woke up??? But then I ate cookies with tea and that undI'd any lower intakes...so ate 1173 total yesterday. Really was hoping for another drop...

but starting at 183...I should be able to get to 181? Maybe 180 before I ovulate...going to focus on strength so not looking to break 180s right now...
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #340  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning to all
WI official 155.6 so a slight loss but until I get below 154.0 I am not celebrating....
WO was tough this am, I finished with my whole routine but it was a struggle and not sure why today. However.....you know how women are in locker rooms? Well of couse when you see the same people every day you tend to say Hi or small talk. I have chatted with a few really nice women. Well one gal I just found out today was/has been doing WW off and on for about 3 years and is down 160lbs, had to bow down to her and admire her the way I do so many on this thread. I need to just quit moaning about my lack of losing be inspired by their journey which I am. So this just re-inspired me to keep going I will reach my goal and if not it won't be for lack of effort (or maybe it will be lack of effort that keeps me in this same place??)

I am going to have to jump back in later to finish up chicks.....sheesh today I feel a bit overwhelmed sorry
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:26 AM   #341  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

zallie thank you for the encouragement with my son. Yesterday was far better with his attitude. My husband and I can be hard on them, and him in particular. He is the typical little bundle of wild that boys are, and we are always trying to find the best way to teach him what he needs to know. He is such a sweetheart, with such a propensity to mouth off... ah, childhood! He is getting the memo that that is not getting him anywhere. (Yahoo!)

Praying for all of you to stay the course and be strong. Apparently I didnít keep my promise to myself and I snacked again last night. Frozen fruit - so not a bad one to go for. I think my main problem in general is snacking between meals, and empty calories like candy, chips, popcorn. Having good stuff like frozen berries I am going to not feel bad about. I feel well overall and I went to bed feeling empty so I donít think any of my taco Tuesday blunders went against me. I had mostly salad and a few tortilla chips, a nibble of an ice cream bar and some various toppings. Otherwise an active day
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #342  

Default Hi

Diana- glad you are feeling better. Like the sentiment that good things come to those who believe they will.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Afternoon 136.8 a .2 bump but I did comply yesterda and am struggling but doing ok today though just a little bit down and feeling overwhelmed. BP was good at 110/69. More yardwork in the back (this is a big project but the back yard got out of control) every day after work a few hours. I think the July 4th weekend will be a staycation to work on the house in general. Woke up so tired I did not walk. I think a day off from that. I am just so frustated that every time I clear a flat surface in my home it becomes a place to deposit "stuff". DH has his own office but the living room and dining room are littered with his business materials. I should be one to talk I have boxes of stuff from work that needs to be moved sitting in the liing room as well but clutter really makes me down and distressed.

The refrigerator came and went. They went to unload it and there was a huge dent on the side. They offered a discount and it would be out of sight but who knows what kind of internal damage was caused by the impact that damaged the unti. So had to reload the fridge and wait again.

Zallie - I really like making july a focus month! WTG and July 4th is typically cookouts so time to be good. Sounds like a great vacation even if you did add a little weight. Yes there is something very peaceful to me about the repetitive action of paddling.

Diana - glad the neck is improving I hope it is fully resolved soon.

Jendiet - there seem to be a lot of thorn things this year. The gloves with the leather cuffs that go to the elbows really do help but it is so wicked. Backing up to a creek before I start working in a new section I take a pole and poke around for snakes.

Nancy - Well I am glad you did not go up! I know you were expecting it. I thought of you. Our ten day forecast is highs in the low 90s, lows in the 70s and humidities in the 60s. I don't have veggies planted this year but whent he night temps don't get below 70, they usually abort and don't set fruit. Tomatoes will but if humidity is too high pollination is off and I have been known to help out with an electric toothbrush.

Jules - my heart goes out to anyone who has to raise little boys. Girls get you when they are teenagers. I remember when we had kids and we thought "it was all how you raised them" and boys were not that different than girls. Boy were we wrong.

Rachel - I hope you get to feeling better soon.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:46 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Diana, and Nancy, when I sleep wrong my neck really hurts. I was being treated for the curvature of my neck going backwards so hopefully things like my phone Holder will help me keep my head positioned correctly..I also figured our a way to use,my body cycle. I put it on highest resistance and pedaled leaning back on storage seat onto the bed and used my one lb weights to work my arms some...I was leaning my head back and watching some videos so hopefully giving my neck a good stretch back...

I transitioned from that holding the bars under the bunk bed and did some v leg raises and was even brave enough to do side to sides in that position...the drop between the storage seats gave me the range I needed to work my abs...I also did this workout that really helps with piriform syndrome (Nancy) ...

https://youtu.be/yivkzxDKx5U. FORGET doing 20 each side though. .I got through 10 of each leg raise and did clamshells, stretching, bridges and even pushed myself up into a gymnastic bridge...really still hard to hold position for very long...

Granny, dang about the fridge..

***1581 calories*** The coconut covered medjool dates are high in calories but delicious...I did eat lunch today too.

not expecting a drop. Expecting to be sore...need to start pushing water...

Last edited by jendiet; 06-26-2019 at 05:52 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:09 PM   #345  

good evening! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands before I punched in. power walked and ran errands a few minutes ago. my fitness goals for today have been attained.