Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2019, 05:55 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 168/137/133-138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Zallie, how are you?

Granny, what an attractive and lush yard!! Wow!

Calorie intake was 1380 yesterday.

Today's goals: 1200 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:10 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 170/144/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge and fast

Well, Monday I said I was in a danger zone and I succumbed. purposely ate ate chocolate cashe clusters in the morning, which was manageable, but at night did a full fledge binge. 3556 cal for the day.

Julesmarion- your post about psychological part about food resonated with me. It is interesting . I felt good at the time eating, but remorse the next day and a real questioning if it was really so satisfying to eat chips and icecream. Have you read any of Brian Wansink's books?
A Cornell food researcher. He gets into the psychological aspects of food. Fascinating.

Jen-. Ughhhhh your toe looks so painful. Took guts to cut that nail. And your migraine and stomach. Wish for you to feel better and quick!

Grannynancy- your yard looks gorgeous! What a lot of work you have done! It looks like it was worth it!. Does your husband do it with you? And as for the 140, you have gotten down from it before and can do it again in no time, through hard work, which I can tell you are not scared of.

Ciecie- super on the posting and exercise!

After binging Monday then fasting Tuesday (0 cal) and playing a lot of pickleball at night, I woke up today at 141.0 a new low. Probably a water deficit, but I will take it!

Nancylmrn- well it is time for both of us to recover! Love those planks for core strength. Years ago in a bootcamp class there was a guy who had just been on that ninja warrior show. He was way fit. I was the slowest runner in the class and one of the worst at pullups, needing heavy assisting bands. Well the instructor had us start with a thirty second plank and then when we thought we were done had us keep going with another thirty second plank without rest and while raising and lowering our legs and then kept going and going changing up different planks like raising alternate arms, not telling us when it would end. If you had to break position you were done. Well I am doggedly determined, and after 6 minutes it was just the ninja left and me! Then instructor said we could stop. It felt good as for so many things in that class I was the slowest and the last one done, but in this case being last was good.

Rachel- a shout out to you. How is your uncle?
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #258  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/182/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Full Body Stretch and some stretches from Dr.
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 19

Isaiah 43:2
'When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.'

Diets are endurance tests. How long can we hope when we feel as if the end of our trial is nowhere in sight? There will be an end to our diets, even though we often can't see it. It is good to know that God is with us and He is there to listen to us and share with us throughout our diet. God will be faithful to turn every kind of bad situation to good use. God is the source of our hope. Even when we can't see an end, God will give us the strength and determination we need to succeed. We cannot be beaten in our diets as long as we place our hope in God.

Today's thought: I can always make it through just one more day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:53 AM   #259  

good morning! power walked and ran errands a few minutes ago. will have breakfast in a few minutes then will go for another power walk and run more errands.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:30 AM   #260  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all.......
Official WI up grrr. so up 2.4lb this month. 157.0. I went back in my journal and yes I see where I was heading and put the brakes on as of Monday but will most likely take another few weeks to get back under 155 and the goal of 145 seems a million miles away at this point. My downfall is the adult beverages and snacking at night, oh how easy it was to slowly ease back into those habits one nibble at a time until they added up over weeks to what I now see as full blown evening binges.

WO today still having mild pain over that left hip bone dispite changing up cardo back and forth from elliptical and treadmill alternating days. Strength training really pushed myself today which left the legs shaking, plus did my 3 set of planks now for 40 sec each. I will keep moving forward and let the negative go. That is a challange with the my mind, letting the negative go and think positive moving forward. It is so easy to spiral for me.

It's funny but even if you are not honest with the journaling.....your body remembers so you really can't lie LOL....wonder if I can find a loophole with that logic?

Ok back later (I hope) with personals ....need to get a bit of work done

Nancy
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #261  

good afternoon! just got home from power walking and running errands in a nearby community a few minutes ago. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:26 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Hiya ladies.

Nancy, I pray that pain goes completely away. I've always had good core strength, balance but not been the best in other areas. I'm also a very quick swimmer. I'm doing two sets of 30 second planks... I could not imagine either 10 seconds more OR another set of 30. I did two beginner ballet workout's and my abs ARE TOAST. it hurts to move any direction...do you still do planks when you are that sore????

ciecie, that is some steps!

zallie, it's over, but interesting you had the high intake, the low intake and a good drop. I always had good results with ADF.
​​​​​​
Granny, your grass (bermuda?) Is so lush!!

Diana, I can see diet Grace when we mess up and then compensate with really low calories (only done by God's grace) and we still see a loss.

so I've been doing some exercises I remember from my favorite cindy crawford workout while I walk the dogs...I'm working on stretches everyday too ..I have always had a dancer like physique with long arms and legs compared to my torso..maybe my arms are so long from all the stretching, I can't believe how hard it is to do the splits or back bends now but I'm going to keep doing it until I get the splits and can do a walk over again

yesterday I was up from 184.6 (2478 daily calories, but ate 2000 and got sick then ate 478 several hours later)...to 187.2 (yes) and today I'm up even more 187.6

my calories yesterday were 1323 and today 1319. I hate it I'm up so much but pretty sure it has to do with how sore I am and pms gain.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:55 PM   #263  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
Nancy, I pray that pain goes completely away. I've always had good core strength, balance but not been the best in other areas. I'm also a very quick swimmer. I'm doing two sets of 30 second planks... I could not imagine either 10 seconds more OR another set of 30. I did two beginner ballet workout's and my abs ARE TOAST. it hurts to move any direction...do you still do planks when you are that sore????
Hi Jen,
I am lucky as far as the core/plank goes I am not really sore at all from it but that has not always been the case!!!! When I get to sore to really move I stop, let myself heal then get go right back to the same exercise and this seems to work for me. The second round I am rarely sore. I too am a strong swimer always have been. this is something I do miss around here. Just not many public pools and we do not get enough warm weather to heat an outdoor pool let alone swim in one lol
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:25 PM   #264  

jendiet, thanks! power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:32 PM   #265  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Update on Ms. Connie: She has gained a bit more weight and today was her last treatment.

Total Approx 1485 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (670 Calories)
Chick-fil-a market salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 550 calories
small ice cream cone 120 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits, full workout w/8's

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 06-19-2019, 09:29 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Driving on through. Another busy day I WANT TO RETIRE! 138.8 so a drop and I was good today .............getting back into the swing of planning and just accepting being hungry.

Thanks for all the compliments on the yard. Yes Bermuda I don't have a service and we don't use a lot of chemicals (milorganite and I am using some weed sprays for broadleaf weeds as I am rehabbing the yard but once I get it back it should be good with hand weeding again. The garden beds are all hand weeded and the berries and figs are all organic. Right now I am filling in spots so watering it a good bit but once I get it back I will back off and not baby it because it is stronger if it has to work a little. I think fescue here is just too much work!

Nancy I hear you about logging. It is still in your system even if you did not take credit for eating. I get that one and not logging has derailed plenty a weight loss attempt for me. I am working on being back on track along with you.

Jendiet - I agree that if you overwork and get sore it does seem to add some inflammation weight.

Diana - I think they missed hte mark on the devotional today. There is no "end" to our diet. It is changing our relationship with food. I think God is just with us during all this at our side. Glad to see Ms Connie is gaining weight.

Zallie - congrats on the new low even if you got there an odd sort of way! Looks like we all need to be buckled down.

Well try to catch up with you all tomorrow.

Last edited by grannynancy; 06-20-2019 at 04:24 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:14 PM   #267  

diana, thanks for the update on ms connie! glad that she's gained more weight and had her last treatment.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:20 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 168/137/133-138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Diana, encouraging news about Ms. Connie! So nice to hear of her putting on some weight.

Zallie, Wow....141!! That would be so good to see on my own scale Thanks for asking about my uncle. He is about the same. Very slow on trying to regain some strength. We try to encourage him to do his exercises to maintain what strength he does have so he won't be completely bedridden. Physical therapy is working with him.

To make salad, do any of you ever use a vegetable chopper ( or some type of food processor) to cut up all the veggies to make a big salad to last awhile in the frig? I'm talking about an electrical device. I'm thinking about purchasing something to do that. Right now I buy the prepackaged salads.

I took in 1680 calories yesterday. I can do better....

Today's goals:
1200 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #269  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Grannynancy I agree about the devotion. I think when I posted it last year that I commented about that. But at the same time, I think the intention is that it will no longer be a diet, you will be living a healthy lifestyle in maintenance or that's what I hope the intention is.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and some stretches from Dr.
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1485 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 20

Jeremiah 31:16-17
Thus saith the Lord; 'Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded,' saith the Lord; 'and they shall come again from the land of the enemy. And there is hope in thine end,' saith the Lord, 'that thy children shall come again to their own border.'Stephanie looked at the pictures from her wedding day. Had she really ever been that thin? How had the pounds found their way onto her body in such a few short years? She determined that she was going to return to her former figure by the end of the year. As a Christmas present to herself and her family, she was going to be able to wear her wedding dress once again. With a great sense of hope, Stephanie worked toward her goal, and as subtly as the pounds had accumulated, they began to melt away. With the help of the Lord, we can always escape the enemy of fat and return to the land of fitness.

Today's thought: God helps me beat the fat foe!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-20-2019 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:13 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 137.8 and I am sure some of the bump up was sodium/muscle/ etc weight BP was good this am at 105/65.
Another frrustrating day in work world Soo.... I figured out that I am only burning about 62 calories a mile these days
And I am just having to tell myself all I have to do is make it to the next planned meal. Evening is hardest for sure.

Yesterday was 1503 in and 1489 out

Today is currently 1358 planned and already 1491 out and if I cam going to get this back down........that is what I need to do. Figure 1lbs a week would be about a 500 calorie a day deficit so that is what I need to shoot for.....well lets try that AND comply with my plan by not eating added bread or sugar and the appropriate foods. And, yes, that means being hungry. So I figure about a month to get back to 134 and shorter if I have more discipline.

Rachel - you know by cooking so many vegetables I have gotten amazingly fast at chopping them. It seems precutting just makes them spoil more quickly. I do use a vidalia chop wizard if I am doing large quantiites for recipe though....

https://www.amazon.com/Vidalia-Chop-.../dp/B000I6JZWA

Last edited by grannynancy; 06-20-2019 at 10:14 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote