Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-16-2019, 09:32 PM   #226  

Default June 2018

Hi!

Hope you are getting a lot of gardening done. I have been stalling on putting plants in the ground, but I did put up two bushels of weeds today. Yeah!

TODO:
1) Food mover
2) Exercise
3) Gardening
4) Sorting
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:32 PM   #227  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all!
Well we made it how just fine the 3 hour drive going north took 4 hours ...ugh....guess The U of W was having graduation this weekend......5,000 students....and in case some don't know Seattle is a big long city and it is blocked on the east and west by large bodies of water....this makes going north and south a challenge.

Eating wise was probably some of the worst choices on Saturday I have done in a long long time. But when you are hungry, hot, tired and unfamiliar area you will stop almost anywhere to eat. And I did. Today was much better but still will see a gain (sheesh I ate 3 big slices of thin crust veggie pizza from the nastiest Pizza Hut ever)

Ok was it worth it??? Well lets say I won't be in a rush to do that experiment again. The cars going in circles (haha left left left left) the small ones were fun but the big semi trucks....ah let me say if this offends anyone, sorry....they were like watching the grass grow..big, slow, no excitement value at all.

Driving home...poof 2 hours tops at 70 mph.

back tomorrow for personals....looks like those that posted had a great outdoorsy weekend
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:28 AM   #228  

good morning! went for several power walks yesterday. also got some things I needed to do done.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:19 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Not even weighing this am. Was so embarrased about eating the pretzel chocolate caramel things that over the couse of the weekend I ate the whole bag (2720 calories) because I did not want a partial bag sitting here to admit to my husband what I had done (today is garbage day)..I know that is bad behavior so I am 'fessin up here and maybe I will tell him when he gets back (I probably wil) .t. Lack of control noted. WOW. I will weigh in tomorrow. The salt and the sore muscles from yard work is enough to cause a real bump I am sure. And the calories.

I will have to share some yard pictures later. This am I am getting outside and hope to get in the last of the plants before work. Drinking cup 1 of coffee now....we have this stuff called RED CLAY and it makes digging sheer joy. (not) and some of the areas will also be in the vicinity of tree roots .to add more fun... to plant anything here takes a good size hole and backfilling with good dirt and drainage. I am just doing enough to spot test areas for good growth for next year by putting in small plants. Even if they grow and bloom a little I know it is all good and I can get a jump on the holes for next season this fall. 18 lantana and 5 dusy millers. Got to get cracking.

DH is spending another day with DD2 and will be back tomorrow evening.

Last edited by grannynancy; 06-17-2019 at 05:27 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:28 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 168/137/133-138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Zallie, i had to chuckle at your rescheduling your doctor appointments or neglecting to go to the doctor due to the Big Bad Scale at the office. Been there, done that. Aren't we something?

My weekly average was 1530. Still looking to make the average closer to 1200 for weight loss. New week ahead!

Today's goals: , fiber, 1200 calories, 2 liters water.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:08 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 170/144/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Week 14 results

Week 14 results.
1486 cal yesterday
1238 avg for the week.
-0.4 for the week. Could easily be water
Yuck.
26.4 pounds lost in 14 weeks.
Things are slow going
I did not fast last week.
Looking to try that at least once this week.

Ate a whole bag of popcorn yesterday.
Think the sodium bomb may catch up with me tomorrow

Grannynancy- Those evil delicious chocolate caramel pretzels! I have eaten the whole bag of sweets like that more times than I can remember. You are human and today is another day! Sounds like you exercised hugely, so you have probably burned half if it off already . And I have clay too. Digging is very hard going. At least it burns cslories.

Nancylmrn- so it was you who went up to watch vehicle going around in circles! Whose idea was this?

Rachel- I thought I was alone in postponing Dr appts. Glad to see I had good company! Start of a new week and a new opportunity to make those 1200.

Teri - hi and two bushels of weeds is what I need to do too!

That popcorn has made me crave sweets. I am out of kilter in a danger zone. I am trying to talk myself out of jjust eating sweets today, but it is not going well.
I am like a toddler who just wants what they want.
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:46 AM   #232  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/182/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Full Body Stretch and some stretches from Dr.
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
I tried to eat in moderation yesterday. I did better than I have in the past, but still not good. Today is a new day for all of us.

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Today's devotion addresses what we discussed recently. We are very hard on ourselves.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 17

Psalm 42:11
Why are thou cast down, O my soul? and why are thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Our society would have us believe that the person who tries to do something is a failure unless he or she succeeds. Very little honor is awarded the person who gives it her best shot but falls short of the goal. How sad, for it is the person who does her very best who pleases God the most. When we decide to diet and we try to be as faithful to it as we can be, then we are victors in the eyes of the Lord. We need never grow discouraged when we don't lose weight, as long as we are doing the best job we can.

Today's thought: I judge myself harder than God does!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:16 AM   #233  

good morning again! went for a power walk before breakfast this morning. also ran an errand at the same time. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 170/144/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi

Diana- I so agree with your devotional today. It turns me off how in the Olympics the broadcasters act like the only thing that matters is gold when interviewing athletes, when it is amazing they made it to the Olympics and got to compete. This culture is over focused on winning. It interesting to me to read and learn about more cooperative cultures
Growing up as a girl it was important to me to have all of my friends be happy, and not to have one upmanship. I was not part of the mean girl crowd, where I guess that was more prevalent.
When I watched my firstborn - grow up - I found it was very different for him. A distinct pecking order.
Do think things are changing for the better where I work, but slowly.
Anyway that not quite making it but trying hard struck a chord with me. Thanks!
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:03 PM   #235  

good afternoon! have to agree with zallie! today's devotional was great!
Old 06-17-2019, 02:58 PM   #236  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good afteroon to al the wonderful Chickies today
Well as I expected WI up 156.0 even, but given the poor choices (granny I am sure I one upped you) I am not surprised. Not only did I eat that pizza on saturday along with chicken curry and multiple adult beverages, sunday we went out and I had 2 beers and potato skins ( no cheese) for lunch then took a 2+ hour nap to wake at 7pm.....sheesh so now wobling by on 5 hours sleep.
Workout today was good and I am putting/keeping in those 3 rounds of 30 sec planks...uggg but it is necessary I feel to continue to strength train all of me not just the bits and pieces.

Re-focused today though, if I follow plan I will have only 10 points gone today and that leaves me with a lot more I could eat but won't....need to average out this week a bit...after all weigh in is on Wednesday morming.

Zallie you should be congratulating yourself on the loss of 26+lb in 14 weeks...sheesh I am on week 17 or 18 and still at the 15lb mark... AND as for who's crazy idea it was to watch cars go in a circle?? well that would be my ahem...blonde sister

back later

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:32 PM   #237  

good afternoon! power walked and ran an errand about an hour ago. picked up my prescription at rite aid. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:02 PM   #238  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/182/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1415 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled sirloin 400 calories
2 servings steamed carrots 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits full workout w/8's

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:16 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

​​​​​​

I finally got up the nerve, mostly because of the constant pain and cut that nail from the middle to the cuticle...I already removed below that...yes it was terrible it had two thorny spikes and that is why it hurt so much...it ALSO hurt to remove it and I could only do it with nail scissors that were very sharp....

after that it was sore but most of the searing pain gone.

then last night I started with a terrible migraine , I was so nauseous I ate crackers all day, then I attempted to eat a big meal and got very very sick and threw up so hard...now i just have a dull ache and a happy empty stomach...

I have been eating horribly but basically maintenance as i have been super busy chasing after kids and working and cleaning messes although I did weigh 184.6 yesterday and jumped to 186.6 today....

I did a good workout about 3 days ago with 2, 30 minute planks and am formulating a plan to increase my flexibility and core strength...

I'm either 2-3 days away from TOM. I will come back for personals. Thinking about you all
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:36 PM   #240  

jendiet, great pics! power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.