Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 10:57 PM   #436  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I'm not sure if I mentioned it yesterday (too tired to go back and look) DH slipped again and fell against a truck. He thinks he cracked a rib(s) again. He's in pain but won't go to the Dr. It's a lot on me when we travel because I am the driver. He falls asleep if he tries to drive on a trip. But it's really a lot of work when he's sick or hurt. Please say a prayer for him.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
No official workout since getting ready to go out of town, but I got my steps in.

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-23-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:40 PM   #437  

good night all! power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:41 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 207/199/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Yeah for 4 day weekends!

Hi everyone! My work week has come to an end and I have 4 days off to rest my tired foot with the Planters Fasciitis! I actually only normally work a 4 days work week so I usually have 3 day weekends anyway but Monday is a holiday! It was a tough week because I had some kind of stomach bug all day Tuesday and did not go to work. I also did not eat for over 24 hours because of whatever it was. I had water and a half glass of milk. Both yesterday and today I made it to work but food sounded awful and tasted just as bad. I had toast and a cup of noodles yesterday and a few crackers and cheese today. Of course we all know this is not the proper way to lose any weight but hey, 5 pounds is 5 pounds!

I finally noticed in the title of this thread it is "Daily Accountability" so don't be mad when I don't show up here on a daily basis. We come and go all the time as the kids and other family members all live out of town. And then, I spend about 8 hours a day in front of the computer at work so my computer at home gathers dust when my eyes have turned into little rectangle shapes from my workload.

You are all so diligent and focused on your task to keep the food and the weight in line. You are inspirational!! I'll just keep trying! Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents and thoughts out there. I'll take all the prayers any might have to offer! God Bless you all!
Old 05-24-2019, 05:19 AM   #439  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

nancy, I think you will, indeed, "age gracefully" ( I love that choice of words ) with the exercise regime you have!

Diana, Ewwwww, your poor DH. I bet he really hurts.

dkr102030, thanks again for joining us. Don't worry if you can't post every day. You can still use us for accountability and fellowship. We'll be here! God bless you.

Yesterday I took in 1180 calories.

Today's goals: 1200 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:22 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

I thought I had posted this last night , but guess I didn't. So here it is.

Ciecie way to keep going on all that exercise. Fabulous!

Rachel- glad you keep checking in on maintenance. Hope you are getting time to take care of yourself in between taking care of others.

GrannyNancy- I am a mesomorph as are all my kids- the pediatrician use to laugh at how he wished he had their muscle tone. Probably have looked my best at 135, though I haven't been there since my wedding. And I have not stayed below 140 for any real length of time in 40 plus years. Typically in my teens and 20's I was in the 140's, and wanted to be in in the 130's. So we will see. It is so hard to eat little! I still have love handles and and endless thighs, so there is a way to go.

Grannynancy and Lamegoth- now I wish I had not said I would share what has helped me in binging. For one I still can succumb as evidenced by Sunday. And for the other it is really nothing special, just the old common sense.

But here goes.

Until March I was somebody who dealt daily with terrible cravings. Often I would wake up craving, crave all day long and then go to bed craving. And it would stronger the next day. Would rarely go away. Eventually I would given in and eat a lot of whatever it was that I craved and then it would set off something else. Like if I craved sweet then ate it, then I would find myself craving salty after it or vice versa. And then since I blew it I would eat until I was full.

Before March, I had really strong cravings say 85% of my waking life. Recently maybe I feel the really strong urge maybe one day a week. That is a big change for me.

1. The first change was recognizing in the evening when I am tired and going to bed then- instead of eating to keep going. That was a real danger zone for me. Eating at night. I could forage and even with my house full of only fruits and veggies I would then actually bake something for myself - and eat half or the whole recipe!
This was hard to change at first. But I started to treat myself to hot herbal tea laced with splenda at night and to look forward to that treat. And go to bed!
Now this has become a habit and I now say- oh I have that feeling- I must be sleepy. Get out of the kitchen. And go to bed.
Getting more sleep makes me less prone to binge the next day as well.

2. The second change is to avoid diet soda or sparkling water during the day as I found that I would get in a cycle where I would have a diet drink or sparkling water then later want something bready then something sweet then later something salty and then I would want a diet drink again. Actually I had cut most of the soda out a year ago and substituted sparkling water. I still have them once in a while, and would actually totally like to cut them out. Not there yet.

3. The third change is to not eat in the car. This was hard as I had gotten used to it. Instead I started bringing hot tea and that did help a bit. I cleaned my car out to make it less likely as I would not want to dirty a clean car. But mostly what helped here was just not doing it, and not doing it and getting out of the habit. But once again I am not perfect here, and I ate on the way back from NJ this weekend.

4. I have known for years that although I love bread, it gives me inflammation and also it is a trigger food in that if I eat a little I want more and more of it and then other things. I have actually gained 9 pounds in one day due to eating bread. That is how much it helps me absorb water. The biggest change has been getting out of the bad habit of going to a very good bakery in town right after going to the Saturday morning bootcamp class I attend. Actually even writing about this makes me realize, I am still in love with that bakery and the less said about it the better. So I will move on.

5. I allowed myself to fail and get back on the horse. And I am not hiding any calories and lying to myself and others. When I have binged since March I have counted every single calorie that I ate. That is a real change for me.
Looking it right in the eye. If I did not do that, I would be more prone to keep on eating and then give up, like I have been doing all my life.
By setting weekly goal of 1200 calories average per day (thanks to Rachel), even when I go over, as long as it is not on Sunday- the last day of the week for me, I have a chance to recover.

6. Eating fruits and vegetables and eggs for breakfast as opposed to grains. I have mostly stopped eating oatmeal, though I love it, and I have stopped eating typical boxed breakfast cereal. I find that these things make me hungry sooner and start me on that cycle. Instead I will eat a whole egg with as many as three egg whites for breakfast or I will eat left over dinner or a salad. Or I will eat grapes and perhaps some cottage cheese. Or half the time I skip breakfast.

7. Having this wonderful group of chickies really has made all the difference to me . The support has been wonderful plus the accountability I feel to not wanting to fail. Plus Grannynancy- has been a huge role model. Just getting to know somebody who has been successful and is a real person that still has to work at it has made the whole thing seem more possible. This is the closest I have been to my goal in about 25 years. All thanks to you all.

My diet pretty much consists of fruits and veggies and beans with some eggs and dairy and occasional rice and potato or small amount of pasta. And once a week veggie sushi with rice. It is almost all real food. That probably helps me be more full with what I do eat. I do once in a while have a veggie burger without a bun and I also still eat the occasional bagel or thing from the bakery or bread that I make- though it is really dangerous for me. I want to eat more protein and more veggies and lean less on the fruit but those are secondary goals as right now it is enough to just try to keep within the calories.

I don't worry about water intake. Just drink when thirsty and keep my urine a relatively light color. I have always naturally liked to be hydrated, and am fortunate so far not to usually have digestive problems. I drink mostly water and herbal teas. Strategically use caffeine to improve athletic performance or if required to stay awake. (I am not perfect on the getting enough sleep) Have it more like one or two days a week rather than every day.

So there you have it.

The good news is right now I am tired. Need to go to bed and do not even feel like eating. I feel like sleeping! This is a 100% turn around from February, when I would be raiding the fridge.

Nighty night!
Old 05-24-2019, 05:28 AM   #441  

146.0 -1.6 pounds
1158 cal yesterday
Played pickleball yesterday. Not very well.

Finally got off of 147.6 at least for this morning. That and the fact that when I got dressed this morning I struggled to find pants that were not too baggy, made me feel good.

Nancylmrn- getting really close to your trip! Hope is is fantastic!

Lkr- 5 pounds lost! Awesome!!!!!
Old 05-24-2019, 05:50 AM   #442  

good morning! thanks dkr! I use MyFitnessPal.com's app to log my food, water and exercise. will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:18 AM   #443  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I am going to be out of town for a few days. I will still post my activities. My goal is to keep food in moderation.

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 187.8
Down: 1 pound

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 24

Hebrews 10:38
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Helen lamented that she couldn't lose weight, but she hardly ever tried. Oh, she would spend time with her friends talking about diets, and she would go to exercise class and sit on the side of the gym while her friends exercised, and she would buy diet sodas and TV dinners, but she would also buy coffee cakes and ice cream. The saddest thing about Helen was that she couldn't understand why her friends weren't sympathetic to her. Everyone, including God, will sympathize with us when we are giving it our best efforts. However, if we deal with losing weight like Helen, even God will have little patience with us.

Today's thought: Only fools think they fool God!
Old 05-24-2019, 08:28 AM   #444  

Default Hi

Diana- Your post resonated with me. Have fun and I hope your husband is OK.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #445  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all the chickies who grace this forum!
WI I am doing better back down to 155.2 but still not under the 154.0 mark and totally missed the 150 before my trip LOL. But had a good workout this am and those extra 5-10 minutes getting up earlier and to the gym a few minutes earlier has taken a bit of pressure off myself to complete everything in a hurry.
NSV--sort of. Last night as I was changing my clothes I looked in the mirror and I could see definition on the top of my shoulders...no real stuff on the bicept/tricept area just the top of my shoulders. It was kinda cool. Which just makes me think I need to get the rest of this weight off to find the rest of the muscle that is hiding (I hope I hope with fingers crossed)

Zallie, I have to give you a big hands down for the soul searching you did to identify all the things that trigger you and habits you want to break. I know what my triggers are and do try to avoid them but that little devil on my shoulder is sometimes very very persistant and I give in to 'moderation' too many times in one day/week/month. The important thing is you are honest with yourself (so much easier to say than do IMHO) Congrats on the impressive loss girl

Diana I hope DH did not break a rib and do enjoy your time away, I only wish we could have met up along the way

Jen Thinking of you and your poor toe and all that extra work you have had to take on

Rachel, you are doing so well with the calories! I find if I have those types of numbers in front of me I tend to get really freaked out. I know weight watchers is the same principal but I don't get so stressed.

dkr sorry you have been sick and I do know what you mean about being front of a computer all day, and it is like when I get home the last thing I want to do is keyboard anymore ( I am sneaking in here inbetween phone calls LOL as usual)

mama are you feeling any better???

ciecie any big plans for the holday weekend?

So we fly out early Sunday morning, I will only have my phone and tablet. I am sure I will be able to read posts to keep up but not sure about responding. So bare with me.....I have tomorrow to do a few last posts then I am off to fun times and hope that my eating and exercise will be enough to not gain a large amount while I am gone.

Old 05-24-2019, 05:01 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Nancylm: Thanks so much for asking!

I spent this morning in bed as I was feeling pretty yuck. I never take off work, but just really couldn't face talking this morning. If I talk my chest gets tight and I start to cough. I did a report on my laptop from bed, so I was still technically working, but no client contact. Went in to the office a bit this afternoon. Just trying to keep warm and drink lots of hot tea which seems to help. Thank goodness for weekend. My eating has been horrendous. Too embarrassed to write it here. Let's say there were chips. Anyway, back on track as soon as I'm better. I know I am using being sick and feeling yuck as an excuse.

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 05-24-2019, 05:49 PM   #447  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Afternoon. I was up in the am to 136.4 but I went off the rails again last night - nothing horrid but small amounts add up--BP was good again at 113/79 I keep good records because it always goes up in the doctors office and my guage matches theirs so they are ok with it.

Currently I am at about 1100 calories for the day and it will be 1434 when I eat supper and I am holding off.

Did dog training and that was good, if hot. May get out later this evening and wash and treat kayaks with protectant / going to work on kayak platform for dogs. Looking forward to a 3 day weekend but need to set aside some time to remember WHY we are having this weekend and honor those who gave their lives in service of this country -since *most* are US [I don't think that counts as a political post]

Momwannabe - take care and see the doctor if it lingers for more than a week!

Nancy - Have a GREAT visit with DD and SIL and the grandkids. Yay for the drop - Yay for the muscle definition!

Zallie - nice drop! I read every word of your post and it has been inspirational and rings VERY TRUE to me and reflects a lot of my observations as well. #1 is where I am struggling right now and I like the idea - maybe if you are hungry you are really needing sleep. The problem with summer is going to bed when the sun is still out - I do get up and 430-5AM so it really is not dark when I should be going to bed and have yet to find GOOD room darkening shades and hate those eye covers. You know 135 is what a weighed just out of high school but 150 was good with a lot of muscle from bike riding (I had killer quads with serious definition)

DKR we all post when we can. I also work 8 hours a day then about 20 hours a week doing search and rescue stuff with my dogs. I am very very busy so it seems but am blessed with the fact that I telecommute and can swing over to the computer which is why I often start a post then edit it later. It seems for me that daily accountability DOES help with compliance but certainly that is not any kind of rule here.....Definitely looking forward to end of August 2020 when I retire. YAY

Last edited by grannynancy; 05-24-2019 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:44 PM   #448  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post

set aside some time to remember WHY we are having this weekend and honor those who gave their lives in service of this country -since *most* are US [I don't think that counts as a political
Thank you granny
Old 05-25-2019, 12:28 AM   #449  

good morning! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands before I punched in at work today. power walked and ran errands before I went to supper last night. yesterday was the only day I could arrange to have my mail held for a few days next week. power walked to and home from supper last night. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:15 AM   #450  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Looks like several of you will be out of town this weekend &/or early next week. May you all be safe and blessed.

I gave in at the store and bought some 7-layer bars: two large ones at 600 calories each. I've eaten one so far, but sure hiked up my calories. Still maintaining, though, as of yesterday according to the scale. Took in 1800 calories yesterday.

Today's goals: 1200 calories, fiber, veggies, 2 liters water.
Closed Thread