Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 05:40 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Granny, thank you! I will try to take care of myself too

Yesterday I took in 1060 calories.

Today's goals:
treadmill, situps and stretching, fiber, veggies, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:39 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning

147.8 -.6lb Yay!
A new low.

I didn't make the 500 cal yesterday . Ate 743 cal. Have upped the excercise so far this week.Yesterdsy went to boot camp and pickleball, but sadly I couldn't do a lot of the boot camp due to knee and arm.

Had the MRI . No results yet

Have been very concerned about my daughter. Yesterday went to a counselor who recommended a group home for her. I think that actually would be good for her, though I know very little about them, and navigating the system, and she would need to be reassessed to qualify.

I know you all don't live here, but if any of you have experience in this area, I am open to suggestions.

It would be a real long shot.

Ciecie-,- way to keep trucking quietly meeting your goals.

Rachel- awesome on meeting the cal goal

Lamegoth- saw a video commentary of yours on a commentary. You are one smart cookie.

Grannynancy- good luck with the plastic surgeon. Interested in hearing how it goes.

I am wearing the first new pair of pants in a size down from where I was. Feels good.

Want to keep low cal today and during day tomorrow to save up for my quick weekend trip to NYC and NJ.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:54 AM   #333  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri View Post
Oh Diana.....I am so sorry. I had not completely read all the particulars. I hope the medical community is able to help with a solution.
No problem. The only solution is to take the Synthroid. It brings your numbers back into range and helps with the symptoms. But you can still have symptoms since the body isn't functioning properly. I was diagnosed in approx 1993 but had symptoms long before that.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:55 AM   #334  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Nothing. Watched the Survivor finale
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1405 +
Weigh in on Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 16

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

The group began every week by admitting all their transgressions. Having to admit all the wrongs that were done really helped act as a deterrent during the week. It was embarrassing to tell people about the things you shouldn't have eaten, even though they were all friends. What really made a difference was the period of prayer that ended each session. What a source of strength and courage! The group was the best thing Janet had ever gotten into. Dieting was almost a joy when it was done with such good friends. Sharing the experience helped Janet make her diet a success.

Today's thought: Confession is good for the soul and for the diet!
Old 05-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #335  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Ola! to all the great chickies here!
WI up again today 154.8 so really not sure what was going on with me but I will just keep going the course. Yes I over did points yesterday by 3 which does not sound like a lot but when I am usually in a deficit well.......WO today did 10 min on treadmill than ..poof PF LOL I know TMI so had to come back and resume for another 20ish. Then instead of weights I did more stretching today. It is helping with the lower back/glut/hamstring pain I am having down my right side. I actually hurt my back about 5 years ago and it has not bothered me in a long time. Now it has flaired up and if I sit for more than 45-60 min the pain is really intorlorble. My fear is getting on the plane for 4 hours and can't get up to walk around.

Diana & Granny your suggestions have been priceless. I know I will only be in Charleston for a day but wow who knew there was so much going on! All I can say if you ever head west to my side of the earth please let me know! I am so curious now aboaut she crab soup....at first it did not sound so appealing then I thought....Nancy quit sticking your nose in the air you haven't tasted it...sheesh put your big girl pants on and give it a go! I think what kinda put me off was the thought of the roe. Now I need my 'first time' to be at the perfect restaurant LOL

Zallie congrats on that new low! I hope the MRI comes back with a solution from you Dr.
Rachel just wanted to say good for you for bringing in help for your uncle. care giving for family is emotionally and physically exhasting and you have to take care of yourself
Jen...???
ciecie Glad you had a good visit with dad
Old 05-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 155/135/115

Height: 5' 6"

Zallie, that's very kind; thank you. 743 is darn good if you can function on that.

Diana, your devotional is interesting. I'm a firm believer that shame still has value; it's probably something I could use more of.

Well done, Rachel. I'm really impressed with low intake. I can either eat or not eat; restriction has always been tough.

So yesterday I had a cheat day from IF based on recommendations from other long term IFers. It honestly didn't feel as good as I hoped and I think my digestive system is just used to 11-7 16:8. Eating a lot of sugar was nice, as was having pasta for dinner. I probably took in around 3000 kcal. Not worth it. I can't say I really enjoyed it, and getting back on the diet.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #337  

Default Belated post

I found a post that did not get submitted yesterday! Found it in another tab pending submission.

Rachel- it is wonderful your uncle is getting lots of care. Sounds like all that can be done is being done and that can be a small blessing.

Lamegoth- thanks for the video link. Awesome! And you are so photogenic Glad to know that others also have to work really hard to fast. I watched part of it. You look really comfortable in front of the camera. Are you,?
Old 05-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #338  

good afternoon! I got up late this morning but still had time to do 2 miles leslie Sansone. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Evening. 136.2 no change. Which is odd since yesterday ms PF had a darned party at my house. Ah well I digress
Was good today and getting ready to go to Sprouts to buy some groceries

The doctor visit gave me some choices - Option 1 = Abdomiplasty (tummy tuck) and concurrent brachioplasty (arm lift) with a later surgery for upper thigh lift.
Option 2 = Whole body lift with a later option for brachioplasty and upper thigh lift. I am leaning towards option 1 as option 2 would keep me out of work for 4 weeks, not 2 and have a longer recovery with some more risks. Option 2 does an all the way around the torso cut and has higher risk/rate of complications but lifts the butt and the hips more for a smoother finish. I could do option 1 then come back for more on the hips and butt if needed.

I am thinking I am not going for perfection here and option 1 takes care of the major issues (hanging belly, and muffin top along with flapping arms)........so they are working on estimates........the combined surgery would probaly run about 6 hours as would the whole body lift. He is also going to send me to a hernia repair guy to see if my small incisional hernia from a hysterectomy might qualify for some insurance help on the abdomiplasty is sure is worth pursuing... don't have nore do I intend to pursue skin infections....And before we work on the legs it would be best if I had some varicose veins repaired. A lot to think on. It is ealser to cover up my legs all the time than my arms.............

Nancy - well I LIKE crabmeat and bisque soups and that would be a major consideration as to whether or not you might like she crab soup . Shrimp and grits is certainly also a lowcountry thing. Well you can walk some on the plane - that is a long flight for sure drink a lot of water hahaha

Zallie - congrats on that new low!

Capri - Boston is on our list. We would love to take the grankids there. We only have another 2 years befoer the older one is off to college. Yikes. I know their parents plan on doing the same New York trip we did with our kids when they were teens and take them to a Broadway play (they still talk about that one...they got to meet John Ritter and Henry WInkler and got a picture taken with Henry Winkler afterwards (he was raising money for an actors charity)

Last edited by grannynancy; 05-16-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:36 PM   #340  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS Metabolism Booster Upper Body Circuit walk w/5's, JS 1 Mile Express Walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Old 05-16-2019, 10:30 PM   #341  

good night all! power walked and ran errands before and after supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:08 PM   #342  

Default Hi

Nancylmrn- hope you feel good for your trip!

Grannynancy- that surgery sounds really rough to go through. But I can see how it in the end could make somebody feel better. Would tell myself the suffering is temporary. I have so far been untouched by botox or plastic surgery, not that I am taking any stand on it. This is a more of a structural thing. If the first estimate seems high, could potentially get a second opinion/estimate. If you go for it, hope you have a very good doctor who has done lots of them.

Planning to see a play in NYC this weekend with my oldest son. Will do TKTS, so will see what we end up with!
Old 05-16-2019, 11:46 PM   #343  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick comment
Granny your consultation seemed very thorough and not to be something to jump into right away, considering the options. the risks the benefits sheesh makes my head spin. what is a priority in your life or what will add to the quality/happiness in your life... so glad I am not the one who make that decision

my head is reeling. xx granny decide what you need and want and I am behind you 110%

Last edited by nancylmrn; 05-17-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:55 AM   #344  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Today is my early day and I'm trying to get the house cleaned up. I get as much done as I can on Friday so I'm not working all day Saturday.

This has been a nonstop week! I am glad for the weekend!

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh in on Saturday (I have felt less stress this week since I haven't had to weigh in from the off plan eating on Sunday. That may or may not be good, but I have stuck to my plan and got my exercise in. Even today, being my early day and lack of sleep, I usually show a gain. But I didn't "worry" about that since I'm not weighing until tomorrow. Another good is that I usually feel stressed upon waking due to daily weighing. I have not felt like that since weighing once a week. )

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Today's devotion really speaks to me. I always feel a need to "fix" things and take care of everything. I have been trying to let some of that go.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 17

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.

Jerry was so confident. He knew he could lose weight if he would only knuckle down and try. But it seemed that no matter how determined he got, something came up to thwart him. Whenever friends tried to help him, he told them to leave him alone; he was going to make it on his own. How sad that some people try to do everything by themselves. It is good to believe in yourself, but not when that self-belief causes you to be less than you can be. Believe in God. Put your faith there. Whatever you find you cannot do, remember that God can do it.

Today's thought: Thank God for the gift of determination!
Old 05-17-2019, 07:46 AM   #345  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Zallie, Awesome on your new low!! You go, girl

I did not get my exercise in yesterday. Caloric intake was 1500. I think my focus right now is kind of maintaining, til I can get back into routine. I'm not going to be hard on myself. I will keep plugging along.

Today's goals:
treadmill, situps & stretching, fiber, veggies, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.
Closed Thread