Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2019, 04:11 PM   #481  

zallie, so sorry about your knee pain. diana, maybe ms. connie should try eating some greek yogurt. I have one greek yogurt a day. it's delicious! did 2 miles leslie Sansone this morning before I left for work. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:28 PM   #482  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
small sirloin steak 300 calories
1/2 baked potato w/small amt butter 300 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories

Exercise:
no workout, I had a busy day

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:09 PM   #483  

S/C/G: 170/148/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Evening

Hi all,

Good news is the bread I made this weekend will no longer tempt me.

Bad news is that it is in my stomach.

I binged on bread after I ate a full breakfast.

I did not need it!! Want to learn from this and treat myself better.

Well tomorrow is another day.

Ciecie- excellent on the exercise!

Boopchick- looks like you are doing well keeping your rating under control

Nancylmrn-.Glad that pesky pound is off! Seems like you are improving quickly on the running. That must feel good.

I know it is kind of silly, but I am very happy I was able to play pickleball tonight! And what is more, I felt the ball on the paddle better than usual, so was able to make some soft shots more consistently. Could not run well but it did not hurt me as much as I thought it would.

Jen- how's the head?

Rachel- thinking of you and your uncle

Flower- thinking about you too.

Syckgirl- hope you had a good day.

Realiser- shout out to you!

Momwannabe- hi! Hope to hear from you.

All- do you have any good books to recommend?

Will be back to fight the fight tomorrow.
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:33 PM   #484  

good evening! power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:25 AM   #485  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Haven't had much to report. Have been having more treats than usual - those Easter eggs call to me. But my calories have been around 900 to 1000 a day even with those. Finally lost a bit today. Down to 165.7. I have found it a bit harder to stay motivated when the weight comes off so slowly, but I'm trying. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:39 AM   #486  

Default Good morning

Momwannabe-Good to hear from you! Way to go on the low cal and the weight loss!

151.4 up.8
1415 cal plan had been 1200 cal.
Sigh.
It was the bread. Did it to myself.

If 1415 cal makes me gain weight, will I need to stick with 1200 cal per day for the rest of my life?
It seems like at 1200 I am holding constant. So I have been trying to use intermittent fasting to help jog the weight down.

Today's goal 1200 cal. Fingers crossed I will stick to it today.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:21 AM   #487  

good to hear from momwannabe! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:11 AM   #488  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Zallie Today is a new day to keep trying.

I reported that I did not get a workout in yesterday. But last night I noticed that my steps were really low. I decided to put some music on my phone and dance to get my steps in. I didn't think about the fitness tracker part of the phone. I got the notice this morning on my phone that I danced for 39.04 minutes. I was thrilled to see this. It was really an encouragement to see this small last minute decision amounted to something.

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
N*W*I

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 26

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

It's easy to be thankful when we have everything we want or need. It's when we're forced to do without that thankfulness be-comes difficult. Giving thanks for the opportunity to do without our daily bread is sometimes very, very hard. Yet, God is sure to help us when we need help the most. When we feel weak or hungry or unhappy, He will stand beside us and give us comfort. We're blessed to have God to rely on. Be thankful for the love and care of our Lord. In all things praise Him. When we learn to be thankful in our need, we are all the more thankful in our abundance.

Today's thought: If it is my heart's desire to be thin, God will help me!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #489  

good morning! just had breakfast. will work out in a few minutes.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #490  

S/C/G: 168/147.5/138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Zallie, you raised a question I have about my own situation as far as caloric intake: Will I have to stay around 1200 calories the rest of my life if I want to be slim? You and I are similar in our height and our current weight and goal weight and our caloric intake. You have a higher activity level than I do, though. But, yes, I am wondering the same thing about myself. I am trying to learn what is going to work for me. I seem to be stuck on a plateau at this time. Let's stick with it to learn what's going to work for us, especially for maintenance. You also asked about good book possibilities. What kind of literature do you favor? I like fiction.....especially historical fiction.

nancy, I appreciate your warning about burnout, especially when it comes to family care-giving. I will be cautious about that.

Yesterday, caloric intake was 1455. Kind of ate what was around as I was not at home and was at my uncle's taking care of him. No exercise, except a lot of lifting him and working with him. I will maybe have more time today to attend to better goals.

Today's goals: walking or veggies, fiber, 1200 calories, 2 liters water.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:45 AM   #491  

Rachel and nancylmrn, I know about burn out. I went through it four years ago when my mom was dying from cancer.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:35 AM   #492  

Rachel- thanks for the words on getting stuck at 1200 cal. We are in similar situations- in it together so to speak. Let's do what we can to learn from each other. My gut says if I keep at 1200 cal I should lose weight. I hope you make sure to take care of yourself too - with all the caregiving, you need relief too..
Old 04-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #493  

good morning again! just got home from power walking. zallie, if you use MyFitnessPal.com that will help you stick around the 1200 calorie range. my calorie range is 1550 calories a day. it's usually around that range at the end of the day.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:22 PM   #494  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning/afternoon to all
It looks like eveyone is doing well and if not well then accountable for your actions (hehe, oh Zallie I have visions of this giant loaf of bread screaming eat me eat me). And the age old questions how many calories can I eat for the rest of my life and stay slim??? Just want to throw it out there that in my case it has varied from year to year on so many levels it seems. The types of food choices I make seems to be the deciding factor because a calorie is not just a calorie. I started lifting free weights for an 'end game' of being able to eat more because I would have more muscle mass to feed. I am finding now that as I am older this is true on one level but it is so much harder to maintain than I bargined for. From what I keep reading the older we get the faster we lose muscle mass. So another uphill battle. <sigh> It just so happens I do enjoy the challenge of lifting (it is not that heavy really, total 50lbs for lower body and 20lbs for upper is about all I want/push for right now. I know I can do more if I really want to push).

Zallie what type of books do you enjoy, I am an avid reader both in print and listen to audio while I work out. I tend to like suspense, mystery etc.

WI was down a touch more but still struggling to get to my low weight of 2 weeks ago.. Maybe by next weigh in. I truly had/have my hopes to be down to 150 by the time we leave for vacation on May 26th. This is only 4 weeks away and a big order at this point.
WO was good this am the running on the treadmill is going well. I have talked myself into the first 2 min walking fast warm up then run for 3 min, walk fast for 1-2 min then run for 8-10+ this is the longest part of the run then fast walk to recover for a min or two then run until I hit the 25 min mark before I start my cool down. It seemed to work today...but heck that can change next time I go on Monday. I know my workouts have to be boring to read but they help me sort things out in my head.

Tonight's dinner is planned
Saturday we have to attend a funeral out of town so I only hope I will be able to make good choices since I am not sure what the day will bring.
Sunday hopefully a good long hike/walk since my steps will be lacking on Saturday

Back sometime this afternoon
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:15 PM   #495  

Default Evening

Hi Everybody,

Well so far I am a little below 1200 the goal for today.
Had fasted for about 28 hours before I ate anything.

Nancylmrn- I think you are smart to do the weight-lifting. Think that and body weight work like and situps, pushups, pullups , dips, squats and jumping and running are useful for fitness and helpful in weightloss. The trick is to actually do it! Your doing it is helping me be more motivated. So keep it up!

As for books- I am an avid reader and book listener. I like non-fiction - loved Thinking Fast and Slow by Danny Kahneman. Like books that help me learn about why we do things the way we do. And I am always trying to read layman's books that relate to the brain, to better understand my daughter who is missing part of hers. Also like memoirs and history particularly if it is from original sources and written like a story. Like to experience through reading what it is like to live someplace else or be somebody else, have a different life than mine. Also like authors like Doris Kearns Goodwin Also like authors like Bill Bryson, Malcolm Gladwell. Like to read humor too. Also like fiction. My brother jokes that I like books where the protagonist is a woman in a small town in the middle of nowhere where nothing exciting happens. And there is some truth to that. Fast car scenes are not something I get too interested reading. When I was a kid I read every Agatha Christie, and some historical fiction also got into Ludlum and other thrillers. I like Jan Karon. Would love to read more like that. Like main characters who are not showy- more unassuming. Also like fiction that takes me to a place I haven't been. But I can be picky. Even when I pick books to read, I don't actually read about half of them- as for whatever reason they don't draw me in

Probably too much information; I could go on an on about books. I have not read a ton of historical fiction but I am open too it.
Would love recommendations- and it would be fun to get them from across the country or world.