Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2019, 04:35 PM   #391  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
I too live in the Pacific NW.​​​​​​ are you in Oregon or washington? I love veggies they used to call me the vegetable Queen at work. I know longer cook, due to health reasons. I was moved to cashiers position. Now I get to talk to people all day long. I don't mind less stressful.
Hey Michelle, then you know what I am taking about when it comes to fruits and veggies....I see on your profile you are in Camas---we are north, in Puyallup. (for those that wonder how to say this city I can make it easy....pew - as in church pew, all - as in all the people and up---just say it fast LOL) We drive south all the time and are even thinking of retiring in Vancouver or there abouts.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #392  

good afternoon again! have everything I need to do in the house for today done. called my nephew to wish him a happy 13th birthday! will have supper in about an hour.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:40 PM   #393  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Nancy that sounds great!! I live on the northern east coat so the farmers markets are only available part of the year.

The finished sugar free/low carb carrot cake cheesecake

Last edited by boopchick; 04-20-2019 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Photo resize
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #394  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Michelle1210 Hi and welcome to the check-in.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:31 PM   #395  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I am making a sausage casserole and mini ham and cheese quiches for our Easter breakfast tomorrow. I think I bit off too much to do that early in the morning. LOL

Total Approx 1275 calories +

Breakfast ( 260 + )
2 siggi's vanilla yogurt 220 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (430 calories)
Chick-fil-a Market salad w/BHF's ranch 430 calories
iced coffee from home 50 calories

Dinner (585 calories)
Vegetable soup 160 calories
Added chicken to soup 125 calories
added extra celery, carrots, okra 100 calories
yogurt w/berries 200 calories

Exercise
30 minute outdoor walk, I had a busy day and I have over 10,000 steps

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-20-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:14 PM   #396  

Hi ladies, I hope you are all well. I feel so bad I have not been in. I wanted to come in and touch base. I just saw some things but by no means all! I have been afk a long time. I just want to say ty so much for your love and support! It means a lot to me! I honestly feel bad being gone so long. Update, Dh eyes have not worsened and they don't expect them to. Things are coming together. He is in good spirits. We rented the apartment and found some wonderful people! Now we are so busy building the rest of the house and moving (we have 5 weeks to do so), that's why it's been so busy. I have to finish painting the whole place upstairs and I have been very busy every day but I was a total slacker before as I hate the cold! lol

Lot's going on here, I am in the middle of a move and all, as for Dh he is fine and we are okay! Nothing has hit again and we don't expect it to. Things are coming together, we rented the unit and are very happy about it but dear lord I have to paint our place upstairs! lol. I have been working on that and Dh is busy as ever getting the other things together. Things are coming together though so we are happy.

As for my schedule and weight, I kept all that I lost off and started losing more weight, I have been very active. I am very conscience of it still and have not given up and well when things settle down I hope to type more but I can tell you that I am still working hard.
As I said, I have this very big event taking place May 11 and it is quite an incentive! At this point, we are so busy with the move and all, i's hard to focus on anything else but we are making things happen, slowly but surely! I miss you all and I hope that you are doing great. Keep together and keep shining! Much love, Boater!

Last edited by Weekend Boater; 04-20-2019 at 11:16 PM.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:53 PM   #397  

boopchick, that low carb carrot cake looks delicious! went to church tonight. got a ride home with a neighbor. watched the remainder of the ten commandments. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:01 AM   #398  

Default April 2019

Hello!

Zallie: Boot camp...that sounds really rigorous.
Diana: I hope your thyroid meds are working good. I could use something to pep me up.
Wkend Boater: Are you moving to a different state?
Michelle, Nan: I just a pic of Crater Lake. It is really pretty.
Boopchick: carrot cake dessert yum. It is easier for me if I just buy one serving of a dessert rather than make something...
CieCie: I meant to do more walking here...but we had a thundershower. I was glad that I got the plants in before the "deluge".

I have not entered in a couple of days, so I thought I'd report in.

I am a little off track. I need to get back working on goals. Diet was okay except for a frappe. Oh, pizza, soda, and cookies. See, my mind plays tricks on me with food recall. (I stopped at a fund raiser for a pet rescue group. I have been eating chicken sandwiches with veggies and almond milk. Today, I walked for 15 minutes in the park. It is nice to see the flowering trees which have exploded with color. I really should have walked the loop of the park twice...

TODO:
1) food mover
2) exercise
3) seedlings
4) health insurance
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:28 AM   #399  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Easter Happy Resurrection Day

I woke in a fog and forgot to weigh in before drinking water and taking my medicine. I am currently doing the Oxycise.

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 21

Luke 6:25
'Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.'

As Christians, we need to keep in mind that we live in a world of terrible inequality. While we have the opportunities to overeat and overindulge, many people have no such chances. So many people starve. It is surely humbling to realize that much of our obesity comes from living in a culture where we can have pretty much all we want. The Lord Jesus Christ chastised the people of His day who were filled with the good things of life, because they ignored their brothers and sisters who had nothing. As we diet and feel the hunger in our stomachs, we are more aware of the feelings of our neighbors around the world who do not have enough to eat.

Today's thought: Make me less, Lord: less body, less selfishness, less ego!
Old 04-21-2019, 06:42 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Easter, everyone. Have been a little of plan and out of routine this weekend, but will get back to it on Tuesday. Not bad bad, but bad enough since I ate 2 marshmallow eggs last night. Okay, okay, it was three. Okay, okay, it may have been four. It was four. But today has been fine so far. Just a bit of left over roast chicken for lunch. Taking the 4-year old for a walk at the park later. Not great exercise because we have to stop to pick up leaves and look at butterflies and watch the water. But a bit of fresh air at least.
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:42 AM   #401  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Off plan, not of plan.
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:48 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Jesus is risen!! Blessed Easter to all!

Boopchick, That carrot cake looks amazing! You should work in a bakery.

Weekend Boater, thanks for checking in & updating us on what has been going on in your life. You are SO busy. Sounds hectic! Good to hear from you.

I enjoyed a bonfire with my family last night. S'mores were also involved . I allowed myself one and relished it. I had planned for it so stayed with my calorie limit yesterday. Alas, I did not get in any exercise yesterday.

Today's goals:
veggies, fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:31 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning

Happy Easter!

150.8 level
On plan went yesterday 1011 cal <1200 goal.
Goal today <1200 cal

Three small wins yesterday.
- went to the bakery and as planned ate just one sticky bun
- gave blood and surprised myself afterwards not to even want the cookies and salty things they give out afterward.
- got some compliments at bootcamp on my body/weightloss.

Traditionally there is a lot of candy around today and I indulge. This year I bought just a tiny amount, due to my daughter's weight. And I did not buy it until yesterday as to not to have the temptation around. The temptation is there now though, and I am tempted, but want to resist.

And I purposely saved some bakery treats for today. Want to stick to just one. Am tempted to eat more.

Made greens and beans last night. Each time I make that I think, why don't I make it more often as it is healthy and delicious!

Boopchick- the carrot cake cheesecake looks fantastic! Let me know how it tastes! I'm in upstate NY, so we too have local farmers markets just during the season. The city's market though runs all year and imports from all over.

Weekendboater-Hi! So glad you checked in! You are busy with all this moving and painting, but it sounds like you are also keeping things in check and and even losing! Way to go!

Teri- love your sense of humor. Today is another day! Hope you get a walk with those nice flowering trees. Was in the 40's here yesterday. We are just beginning to get blooms on the trees that bloom before leaves. Still no leaves to speak of. But then there will be period of time of intense green and flowering trees and it will just be lovely. Looking forward to that.

Rachel- nice job with eating just one smore. Yum!

Nancylmrn- the name of your town made me smile.

Momwannabe- just looked up Cape Town weather as I was thinking about it being fall there to our spring. Looks warm and moderate all year long. Lovely.

Ciecie- I love that you actually have things all done. I never have felt that! But I am striving.

Diana- I am making quiche today too. Good luck with it all.

I haven't dated since I was divorced three plus years ago, except for one date that I really didn't mean to say yes to.
I feel a little more ready now and so when a friend wanted to introduce me to somebody and shared pics of him this week, I said I would be interested. But that meant I had to send pictures to him. Ugh! Well, I didn't have a decent full body shot, so I tried to take one yesterday. Out on the deck in the cold with a no sleave shirt. How foolish I felt. And now, what I did not think of is that I am waiting for his verdict on what I look like. If I pass muster. Being a person that cares a lot about the inner person- not the outer person, this makes me feel a little like a piece of meat. Guess this is what I will be in for, if I eventually do online dating. It has been more than thirty years since I dated, so I am a bit out of practice.
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:35 AM   #404  

good morning! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:41 AM   #405  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Happy Easter!

Teri this dessert will be going to a family gathering. I would have a hard time not overindulging if it stayed at my house.

Thanks Rachel. It was my first attempt at a cheesecake. I’m happy with the way it came out. I hope my family enjoys it. I love a good bonfire. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

Hi weekend boater and everyone else!

199.3 this morning. So happy to be back in the 100's. Hope it sticks after today!

boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote