Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-04-2019, 03:55 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I made Turkey Pumpkin Chili in my Instant pot for lunch. Delicious, I was surprised that I did not taste pumpkin as there was a whole 15oz can added to the recipe. It was listed as Keto Low Carb but when I entered the recipe into MFP the net carbs were higher than I like. Oh well I need to follow my doctor's diet advice "If it tastes good, spit it out".
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #92  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Kdmay5 I am always tweaking thing and what works for me for 3 months will suddenly just stop...go figure
dream710 it rarely happens to me that my calories are too low but I do tend to go too low I feel at time on my carbs.
Rachel1234 I love your positive attitude, and yes it is a new day so if there is an 'oops' you just move forward and look ahead, you can't go back
Diana I miss the part about the alarm this morning when I was reading the posts....I know we will sometimes get alerts too with my DH business and yes GRR is the right expression some of the time but sometimes I have a few other sounds too
JulesMarion If you are able put a bit of grapeseed oil with a few drops of lavender in a small container with a lid, I use a little empty plastic one that use to hold a spice at one time. Anyway when I have a moment and don't need my hands for just a few minutes I take a drop or two and rub it on my fingers and cuticles this seems to help
FullSteamAhead ....oooh go for the chicken with peppers and onions....one of my favorites LOL I can enjoy through osmosis
ciecie with all the power walking you do, is your work nearby?
Larry I am loving my instant pot too. Last night was red chicken curry again....but had a small hiccup. I just used the coconut milk and no broth. Then set the trivet inside and put rice in a glass measuring cup for DH then a foil packet with the veggies snuggled next to that. ...Well needless to say the coconut milk sorta exploded over the glass measuring cup and the foil packet making a bit of a mess but edible
granny, I think once you take the time to make one batch of soap you will feel the difference so much on your skin you will never look back. I also make my own liquid soap which is even easier than bars...once the base (this is almost like squishy clay but transparent and gold in color depending on what oil you use) is made in a crock pot no less, and when you are ready to use you just measure equal parts base an water by weight and put back in the crock pot to marry together and poof ...shampoo, body wash...however you want to use it.
teri000, kelijpa where are you????

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:12 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Granny: I had horrendously dry, cracked, bleeding hands a couple years ago. Cerave bar soap and their body lotion is the only thing that completely healed and transformed my skin. I haven’t used anything since.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:29 PM   #94  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Granny: I had horrendously dry, cracked, bleeding hands a couple years ago. Cerave bar soap and their body lotion is the only thing that completely healed and transformed my skin. I haven’t used anything since.
I alternate with their face lotion. Good stuff.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:43 PM   #95  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

I'm tired. Anyone else tired? I think I need to go back to the mountains for vacation again. I have a busy day tomorrow, too. We are taking down the Christmas decorations at church and we need to set up for a luncheon we are having on Sunday. I also need to go grocery shopping and need to do office work. (I doubt I will get to the office work, I went back there tonight after dinner) I should be able to get my steps in but not sure about a formal workout.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits, Hi-Lo, Upper Body, & Lower Body w.5's, Jessica Smith's 1 mile Express Ab Walk, & I got my 10,000 steps in.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:23 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Hi everyone!

Ate too much at supper and now I’m feeling miserable.

1511 calories
87 carbs
4.10 miles
40 kB swings

Last edited by dream710; 01-05-2019 at 08:28 AM.
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:48 AM   #97  

good morning! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:36 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 138.0 bump up but not surprised as no poo fairy visits since Wednesday. Thankfully she arrived BEFORE I had to get dressed to go trolloping in the woods for about 5 hours . Peeing in the woods is one thing but......I digress.

Yesterday was 1542 in 1739 out.

Food is NOT planned with dog training today but shooting for yogurt, chia cereal for breakfast and taking a cliff protein bar in the car for after training and on the way home. Supper......? we do have healthy food to choose from. May use some left over ground beef and make a black bean pasta dish. Something quick and easy.

Just bought an instant pot cookbook for my plan and looking forward to using it. Right now a batch of yogurt is a brewing. Anyway her site has good sugar free flour free recipes on it.

https://katiesbrightkitchen.com/

Rachel - I will say continuing to post daily is really helping with the maintenance - sounds like you have a good plan going

Dream - It is amazing how bad overeating feels when you are used to not overeating. Does not look like you could have overeaten very badly though.

Diana - Oh yes - I can relate and feeling overwhelmed. We are taking down our decorations tomorrow but just at home. At least we should have some nice weather for a change. Work was "hit the ground running"

Jules, Diana, IdealProtein, Nancy - When I did my research the Cera-V product line seemed to be the best commercial and had ingredients (ceramides) that I could not easily put into my own lotion. Yet another thing to research; they are available . When this calms down I do think making my own body wash can be done in short order (there are numerous liquid recipes and, goodness, I make dog shampoo with dawn and glycerin and vinegar. Some of what I have found has castille soap (Bronner) and glycerin and honey and oil. Castille soap alone is too drying. But I am going to work my way through this bottle of Cera-V. I was very happy it has NO ODOR and limited ingredients. Oh gosh then I started looking up sphingolipids as I had a flashback to biochemistry classes way back LOL. So Now to look into lotion making. LOL. Dr Axe has some interesting recipes as well. Anyway, I have been lotioning up all winter but. .......... Who knows..........maybe this is some sort of allergy the way it is itching though I am very careful with soaps and lotions and even laundry soap "free" stuff.

Larry, sorry about the carbs - WOW. Canned pumpkin is pretty darned low. Well I think you need to be looking for greens recipes! My daughter made fajitas the other day that had kale in them and they were GREAT. [we did not use the tortilla wraps].
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:58 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

hello all of you [B]Nancylmrn & grannynancy:[B] I appreciate your comments and feedback!

Have to leave early today to go rescue a great horned owl (I'm a wildlife rehabilitator) so won't do treadmill this morning, as I normally would try to do.Will try to do later in the day but seems to work best for me to get done right away in the morning.

Will continue on plan today for 1200 calories, some veggies, two liters of water and hopefully the treadmill later on!

May you all have a good day. God bless!
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:11 AM   #100  

good morning again! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. Rachel, good luck in rescuing that owl!
Old 01-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I have a lot to do today and I'm already late. I went to bed late, still trying to get things done. I woke at 8:45 which was a blessing that I was able to get much needed rest but I'm late.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 186.4
Down: 1 pound (I had to look at the scale a couple of times because I didn't believe it. Praise!)

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 5

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Once we decide for ourselves that being overweight is wrong, then it is vital that we put ourselves in God's hands. Though being overweight is not a sin, few people would say it is good. We should avoid everything that is not good. God will help us whenever we turn from things that are bad. Prayer is an important part of our attempts to lose weight. We can trust God to bless all our efforts to do what we feel is right. There is no reason to feel guilty for being overweight, for God forgives us our weakness and offers His own strength as our own. We can start our diets with a clear conscience and an assurance that God is with us every step of the way.

Today's thought: We have nothing to feel guilty about!
Old 01-05-2019, 11:18 AM   #102  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning to all
WI down .2 166.2 body water % 44.3 up .1 hopefully some of the the holiday weight will now start to come off. I did ok this week easing my way back into OMAD when I did eat in the middle of the day it was low calorie low carb. Still my carbs are a bit too high for me.

Today DH and I are meeting my sister she has free passes for us to get into the local home and garden show at the fair grounds. She works for a plumbing company and had to work their booth yesterday so this should be fun. Then I want to take a few of my rings (including wedding rings) down to a family owned jeweler to resize them. I can not longer get them over my knuckle joints due to arthritis from psoriasis The dermatologist has upped my medication to see if it will help slow down the progression and I am only taking alieve about 1x every few weeks instead of several time in a week. But the damage has been done all I can do now is to try and keep it at bay for as long as I can.

granny thanks for the link I am going to go explore the recipes...today we are going to make mongolian beef, but I need to go get some broccoli sometime today

back later to say my hello's and personals
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #103  

went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. will power walk and run errands on the way to and home from lunch today. larryh, there is a great article on van miller's sports/buffalo bills memorabilia in today's buffalo news.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Still fighting this cold thing. I did have scary reaction to taking claritin. Don't freak out on me....but I was cooking dinner and I felt my heart for lack of better words "going nuts" I also had been fighting some upper shoulder pain and my hands bilaterally going numb because of pinched nerves in my neck...I guess (chiro scan showed)...so when my chest was hurting I figured it was from all the other pain...but my heart was beating out my chest...

I didn't feel worried or fearful as in a panic attack but you never know. .so I used my friends BP wrist cuff...

hr 125
BP 219/162

that was a little scary.

I decided I really didn't have time for that mess so I monitored my vitals until they came down...but my hr was still 115...

I felt pretty good otherwise so I finished the chicken pot pie I was making and sat down and ate but I didn't feel any other wierdness..

I had taken claritin earlier so I FULLY attribute it to claritin.

it did not dry me up at all...my nose is running constant clear thin liquid. I have to put a tissue up there to function ...it just pours out no matter what im doing. ..

anyways, calories ended at 1367, I did track and I found my wristband tracker again!!

rachel, so cool about your line of work. I love owls. I was attacked by a momma owl (possibly barn) in upstate new York while living in a military style tent ..her baby had flown in on top of the rafters..and we'll I heard her outside and tried to "show" her where her baby was and we'll when I was outside she flew down at me and I had to throw myself on the ground. ..I remember the wing span above my 12 year old head...then all my bunk mates went screaming out of our tent as the baby flew around crazily...cherish the experience though...it could have been dad though that swooped down...

granny, I actually tried some lotion with ceramides in it just to test the difference and it was bland but refreshing to my skin. I think walgreens has its own brand

dream, as a former binger...I think that looks reasonable

Diana, that sounds like a lot of work and I bet your church is as thankful for you as we are

ideal protein, hi!!!

Larry, turkey pumpkin chilli sounds very adventurous

Nancy, hope the aquamassage was wonderful

ok, so I went for a 1.32 mile walk with the boys which is always an adventure....the first part **getting them to go for the walk and trying not to visualize tired tantrums** is the first hurdle and then making them wear helmets....you got to get past their "you'll pinch my skin heeby jeebies" I never pinched them...then the technique due to the hills....ds3 rode his little inertia car on flat land and downhill bUT ds2 used his scother to tow him up hills.

so it worked out pretty well because I had to constantly "catch up" to them which gave me a great HIIT workout...

finished the day at 1401 calories.

been at 180.4 for 3 days...since I'm pms territory...so if I STAY HERE I might be able to gain ground after TOM again

Took me 4x to finish this post!!!

​​​​​

Last edited by jendiet; 01-05-2019 at 07:02 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:33 PM   #105  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Jen Feel better soon.

I ate too much for dinner. There was no junk food just too much. I made lemon chicken leg quarters and I ate two! They were so good.

Total Approx 1450 calories +
Breakfast ( 250 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (500 calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 500 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
2 lemon pepper chicken leg quarters 500 calories
stemed veggies 100 calories
yasso fudge brownie pop 100 calories

Exercise
2 mile outdoor walk and so far 12,176 steps and 5.86 miles, I'm still moving because I need to clean the kitchen from dinner