Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-03-2019, 06:49 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 265/133/140

Height: 5'6" - 63 YO

Good Morning - 137.0 AGAIN? [not upset just unusual]

Ok the scale is moving for my husband so it is working. 1416 in / 1389 out. BP 115/80. Got in NO walking but did do resistance training and stretches.

Yesterday was extreme stress with work. Today should not be much better but need to walk/move. I think I am having some issues with dry skin (certainly thin skin) and am working on upping protein AND fat. Taking collagen. Micronutrients are in line but some dry itchy patches and I don't normally have skin issues. But getting older is a new frontier. Going to more moisturizing soap and looking at different body lotions (currently using jojoba after using shea). Also less time in hot shower (sigh) ... I have been using a bar soap to avoid the plastic waste of body washes.

Today is planned at 1383 Calories and trying to up protein and good fat while not compromising nutrition. 72 protein, 94 carb, 74 fat.
It is supposed to rain a good bit today and getting in some steps will be a challenge. Yikes. All this rain and not enough cold bugs next year will be delighted. We NEED some long hard freezes!
  • Breakfast = potatoes, onions, peppers, carrot, tofurkey, mushrooms, chili powder, ketchup
  • Lunch = greek yogurt, kefir, blueberries
  • Dinner= Beet, walnut, goat cheese dish
EDIT - I forgot to add gratitude:
  • For Diana's ongoing thread and the supportive people here
  • For a group called Brightest Rockstars on FB that gives much support in my specific program
  • For having access to quality fruits and vegetables at an affordable price; something we should not take for granted
Larry - congrats on the 7lb loss! I know keto diets recommend a LOT of leafy greens etc ...... How are you getting adequate potassium, etc.? Biologically we are omnivores......the diet has some attractions in that we know it works the biggest concern I have heard is for long term health. Mind you my own diet, as designed by the originator, is designed also for weight loss and not optimal nutrition and I have had to tweak it going along as well. One reason I choose to eat potatoes is they are a good source of potassium (as are the dark leafy greens I need to eat more of) .... In my own quest I am looking at adding more appropriate dietary fats .. the lack of processed foods in my diet means my omega 6s can actually be too low without enough nuts for example! I do use small amounts of grapeseed oil as it has a high smoke point and omega 6s but could replace that with eating more walnuts and cooking with coconut oil or ghee [lord knows we make enough grass fed butter]

https://perfectketo.com/keto-micronutrients/

Jendiet - Hope you find your logger. Definitely always having a place to put it each time you take it off helps but I have had to use my "find it" feature for my own when I don't. Looking at buying one of those things that has several "finders" on it. LOL. My husband put a big piece of red duct tape on the TV remote. That is the worst and our TV won't work without the darned thing. I hate that your ex and his mother "took advantage" of your kindness. You are trying to do the best for your kids and it shows. Very frustrating.

Dream - my kids were on swim team when they were younger. Definitely active.

Fashinjunkie - hoping you get your steps in; it is definitely a challenge with bad weather.

Kelijpa - while WW did not work for me until I cut out the foods that caused cravings, there are a lot of similarities between it and my plan. I think the structure and the focus on ensuring you get food from various healthy groups is a good thing. Definitely a lifetime plan which is my own goal. You have done well and seeing a deviation getting back on course!

Jules - glad your husband is in sync now. That helps SO MUCH!

Last edited by grannynancy; 01-03-2019 at 10:26 AM.
grannynancy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:55 AM   #62  

good morning! just finished doing 2 miles leslie Sansone. will get ready to go to work and have breakfast in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:57 AM   #63  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Great job checking in, everyone!

Grannynancy I do use body wash and recycle everything that I can. With that said, I have found the best thing for me is to avoid over stripping my skin. I use a dish washing liquid and body wash that does not contain SLS, etc. At church, when I wash the dishes for the group, it just sucks all the moisture out of my hands and they are a mess for a week.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 188
Down: .8 I truly thought there would be a gain from the french fries. Praise the Lord for the loss.

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 3

1 Thessalonians 4:7

For God hath not called us unto uncleaness, but unto holiness.

When we try to figure out what it means to be holy, we think of many things that we do which we shouldn't. Our minds fill with 'thou shalt nots' and we promise ourselves that we will do better. Our minds should not be so filled by the bad things we have done; we should focus on the good things we can do. Certainly, dieting requires sacrifice, but the benefits involved far outweigh the costs. Our focus must be on what we receive rather than what we must do without. Dieting is not turning from what we shouldn't do. Dieting is doing what God calls us to do.

Today's thought: God will not leave us when we respond to His call!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:23 AM   #64  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/lost my ticker/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all! Happy Thursday
WI down 1.2 166.4 and body water % up 44.2.....The yoyo days look like they are back.
Today's meals are planned, I didn not manage OMAD yesterday, I am easing back into it since the holidays threw me off so bad. So breakfast/lunch/snack consist of raw celery, cherry tomatoes and 1/2 cup homemade yogurt with 1/8 C grandola. Then tonight will be red chicken curry in the instant pot over cauliflower rice. Time is short this morning I hope to be back on here during my work hours to shout out to everyone.

Granny, for soap I make my own bars using 100% olive oil and I do not have much dry skin just the normal from the cold weather. It is really very simple to make and when I make a batch I usually have 9 to 10 bars which last us about 6 months. The soap rinses off the skin very easy and no residue feeling. You can also mix a combo of shea butter and coconut oil with beaters to make a fluffy lotion to put on while you are still wet from the shower.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:31 AM   #65  

Nancy - would love to know your soap recipe. Right now I am using this -https://shop.sprouts.com/search?search_term=soap&page=1&brand_name=SPROUTS and just moved to a bar of NEEM soap from the Indian Grocer- I know olive oil is soothing though and not likely to clog pores.

I am looking at making a shea and safflower oil lotion as coconut can clog pores. I can add tea tea and lavender essential oils and Vitamin e. I love cocoa butter but think it may not be as good for my skin as I had hoped.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:00 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 317/271/200

Height: 5' 6"

GrannyNancy I joke around a lot but I do eat greens occasionally. I am a member of the ZIPPER club (open heart bypass surgery 11 years ago) and since then I have been taking a huge prescription potassium pill. When I say huge it looks the size of the pills we used to give the cows on the dairy farm I grew up on. My cardiologist checks my potassium levels with routine blood work. I take a daily Centrum Silver for men over 50. In addition to that I take Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamin D3. Also for my mild anemia my Hematologist has me taking Iron twice a day and Vitamin B-12. ----- Better living though chemistry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:13 AM   #67  

Larry. Good to know as vitamins and minerals can be a serious limitation of the keto plan people who don't take prescription potassium pills should be aware of. The lethal (though critical) nature of potassium requires over the counter supplements to be weak and it would take about 50 of them to make one RDA dose. I sometimes use nosalt to bring up my numbers (tolerable with 50% salt + 50% no salt) but track that mg. 1/8tsp of nosalt is 290mg of potassium. ... of course the whole thing is tricky for those who take diuretics etc. If you take calcium, I would look into vitamin K2. My husbands cardio is ok with it but (and I agree) the research on its ability to keep calcium in bones and out of arteries is not yet solid. K2 is not in standard vitamins. [he has had two minor heart attacks, fortunately with no long term damage, and has stents]
Old 01-03-2019, 11:32 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Granny, I actually started giving kids k2 for their teeth...but then I started taking it off and on
The tracker I had had the 2 buttons that pushed into the band...it didn't have a brace in case they popped out...I started putting thin rubber bands on...and we'll THAT obviously didn't work. It came off while getting friend ready for hunting. I'm wearing a PRIMITIVE clip on today because the precious watch ones are duds now??? Tried new batteries nothing...

Nancy yay on the bump down now! that is awesome about the soap. I moisturize my face hands body with coconut oil.

180.4 today...180.6 before pf...lol...scale is VERY ACCURATE...

I woke up hungry....don't like that...think I'm going to stick with xylo and cream and put just a tad of coconut oil in my coffee, hopefully I can skip lunch ..even if my fat metabolism is sluggish, my brain will stay comfortable with the coconut oil (fight off hypoglycemic symptoms)
I am definitely fighting a cold or something so wI'll take emerg C
​​​​​​
Larry, oh my.

Diana, I wash 2 sink full of dishes everyday...I try to moisturize with coconut oil when they feel rough...

good morning everyone else
jendiet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:36 AM   #69  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/lost my ticker/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Nancy - would love to know your soap recipe. Right now I am using this -https://shop.sprouts.com/search?search_term=soap&page=1&brand_name=SPROUTS and just moved to a bar of NEEM soap from the Indian Grocer- I know olive oil is soothing though and not likely to clog pores.

I am looking at making a shea and safflower oil lotion as coconut can clog pores. I can add tea tea and lavender essential oils and Vitamin e. I love cocoa butter but think it may not be as good for my skin as I had hoped.
Granny this is the site I use to calculate my oil and lye for soap making https://www.brambleberry.com/pages/lye-calculator.aspx
just use the drop down menu's I usually use about 30 oz of olive oil to make the 9+ bars. You will need a digital scale, measure the water by weight, then the lye in disposable dixie cups and plastic spoon. Pour lye into water and stir with a plastic or wooden spoon (I bought all my soap type containers from goodwill as they will never be used for food) You need to wait for the lye/water to cool down to 110-115 degrees which can take 30-60 minutes. Then warm the oil to same temp or close to water/solution. Put in oil in bowl, add water/lye solution then using an stick blender mix until mixture resembles pudding (this is called trace). You now can add your essential oil then pour into any type molds you have, tap molds against something hard (counter) like you would do with cake batter to release bubbles place a piece of cardboard over the top of the mold and wrap everything in a blanket and let sit for 24 hours. Next day take the soap out of the molds and place on any ole racks and leave for a few weeks flipping them over when you happen to remember LOL The longer they 'cure' the longer the bar will last.

Last edited by nancylmrn; 01-03-2019 at 01:18 PM.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 168/151.5/138

Height: 5'8"

Did my treadmill this morning and ate a salad for lunch. Starting out well.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:58 PM   #71  

Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome back! Nancy, Diana, ceicie etc. I hope that it's a great New Year for us all!

Nancy, ty so much! hugs! Oh, as far as a readers digest ..lolllll, so much has happened it almost seems like a blur! I will write more in the coming weeks. I am glad the exterior is done and we can focus on the interior and with our time, not rush rush! I am SO glad you guys are still here! I , again, wish you all a Happy New year and may it bring all good things to us......health and happiness foremost!

Yesterday went well but I did have 2 pieces wheat bread (last of it in the house). I went to the market today and got all my ingredients for my planned meals for at least the next 3 nights (a major must for me).

Tonight , I am having roast chicken breast, a vegetable (brocc. or squash, and a salad). I made my h.b eggs the other day and will also finish making my other snack packs as I did in the past to have them handy in zip lock baggies for a quick snack if I feel hunger coming on.

I hope that you all had a great day and I look forward to catching up more soon!
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:22 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Done with dinner, very satisfied...ate a little bit of junk, but that's allowed on the diet. I did break the salad rule though. 1314 calories for day

Last edited by jendiet; 01-03-2019 at 05:23 PM.
jendiet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:54 PM   #73  

welcome rachel1234! power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. still didn't hear from my eye doctor today. am thinking he's on vacation.

Last edited by ciecie; 01-03-2019 at 06:54 PM.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 168/151.5/138

Height: 5'8"

thank you, Ciecie!!
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Jendiet- it was pretty fun getting it set up and using it for the first time today. I hope you find your tracker.

grannynancy- It is definitely not easy getting steps in when the weather is bad. Hoping all this frozen rain and snow goes away soon. Your food looks so yummy and healthy!

Hello to everyone else!

Today did not go as planned at all. The weather is terrible, got to work at 9am and was sent home at 10. Not very happy, wish they had just decided to work with short staff and called me before I busted my butt to get there but oh well. I used my Apple watch to track steps today (among other things) and from the time I woke up until I left work I already had almost 3,000 steps. On a normal 8 hour work day I should be able to easily get my 10,000 steps. As it stands I will probably get 8,000 today and probably not all of my water, but I was mindful of eating today. Hope you all had a good day!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 01-03-2019 at 07:56 PM.
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote