Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2019, 10:32 AM   #556  

good morning! the sun is out but it is cold out!
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:05 AM   #557  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all!!!!!
Diana I have thinking of you all morning, prayers and thoughts going your way
WI down 1.0 so now I am back in the 160's at 169.0
My meals are planned today so that is good??
Ok so I got up at 5am, the night before I had packed a gym bag with all the things I thought I would need and laid out my gym clothes to put on when I got up. So once up I just brushed my teeth, combed my hair, weighed myself then headed off to the gym. So I did 22 min on the elliptical then did 10 strengthing exercises with weights 2 sets of 10. I did not want to push myself to 3 sets that had been my usual norm but I had to keep an eye on the time. Then all went well with the shower stuff too and was done and out the gym in plenty of time to get to work.
Back later for personals
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:31 AM   #558  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you for the prayers.

I got word this morning that our Pastor's wife does have pancreatic cancer. Prayers for Connie are appreciated.

I got the scan done. Now I am back home getting ready for my coffee and trying to start my day. Did I ever mention that I am not a morning person? LOL We have some road construction stuff going on right now. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get somewhere that only normally takes 20 minutes. Geesh.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 186.4
Down: 1.2 pounds (I am rid of my gain from the off plan eating. IF I hadn't done that I probably could have met my goal for January. )

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 30

Psalm 46:1

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

My grandmother had a favorite picture that showed Jesus stretching out His hand to Peter while they were walking on the sea. It gave my grandmother great comfort to know that if she ever failed in her faith, Christ would stretch out His loving hand to lift her up. Whenever she dieted, she kept that picture close at hand. When the diet got too hard for her to cope with, she looked at her picture and felt God present with her. When we attempt to sacrifice anything, it is good for us to admit that we will have a hard time doing it on our own. When we stretch forth our hand to God, He will always reach back.

Today's thought: When my diet gets toughest, God will be closest.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:42 AM   #559  

diana, will be happy to pray for your pastor's wife. my uncle had pancreatic and liver cancer. he asked the tech a lot of questions while he was being treated for cancer, one of the things he found out is that how a tumor responds to treatment depends on the shape of the tumor. tumors that are shaped like eggs respond very well to treatment. tumors shaped like rods don't respond very well.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #560  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciecie View Post
diana, will be happy to pray for your pastor's wife. my uncle had pancreatic and liver cancer. he asked the tech a lot of questions while he was being treated for cancer, one of the things he found out is that how a tumor responds to treatment depends on the shape of the tumor. tumors that are shaped like eggs respond very well to treatment. tumors shaped like rods don't respond very well.
That's very interesting. I didn't know that.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:54 PM   #561  

Hi everyone, a quick fly by for now but I read all the posts and will be back to address them all later tonight or tomorrow.

Diana, regarding your pastors wife Connie, I am sorry to hear that news and I did go send a prayer for her and for you too that your results are okay. I didn't realize your scan was today, I thought it was next Wednesday! I am glad they got you in so soon. How long before you get the results back? Is it approx. 24 hours? Idn, somehow I think it will be okay, we will await to hear your news. This has to be surely a tought day for you Diana, keep busy and I hope that you have DH with you tonight and you sleep ok. Oh, I am not a morning person at all! It doesn't matter what time I get up! I really admire nancy for that early morning workout, I couldn't even fathom that! lol Take care of yourself Diana and please try and get some rest and of course keep us posted. Thank you again for all that you do for everyone here!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:55 PM   #562  

ceicei, that was an interesting fact indeed! Thanks for sharing, I hope that your back safe and sound and this crazy cold let up soon.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:19 PM   #563  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Wow ciecie that is cool about tumors, that bit of trivia I will tuck away for the future and hope I never have to pull it from my memory bank
Diana prayers for the pastors wife Connie, sending all the positive energy I can
weekend I have always gotten up early and since DH gets up at 5am with my phone alarm and I would just dose then get up at 5:30 and get ready slow then go to the gym for my either tanning or total body followed by aqua massage....then the light bulb goes off ...duh....after work you are too tired and yes before work I am pretty slow but why not workout ....this morning I even had time for my aqua massage and stopped for coffee so it is a win win for me.
flower I have had the same problem for years and staying within the same range and can't seem to break the 163 barrier. I am at the high end of my spectrum right now and it is so frustrating....all my devices and apps say if you have days like today in 4 weeks you would weight ### ....well that has not happened. But you are so close I am thinking of you
Jen your tummy better? I was thinking of you and it made me smile to think you 'blew' it with just a little stuff...for me when I 'blow it' it is huge huge huge and takes days and close to a week of mindful eating to get back to 'normal'
Jules, Rachael, kelijpa, and that darn elusive larry
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:28 PM   #564  

the furthest I travelled today was to my front door to check to see if I had any mail. did 2 miles leslie Sansone this afternoon. won't be going to work tomorrow. have plenty to do here tomorrow!
Old 01-30-2019, 10:04 PM   #565  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Ms. Connie will be having surgery next month to remove the tumor. They will have to reconnect stuff so it will be an intense/long surgery. Then she will have 6 months of chemo after. Thank you for the prayers for her.

I got into my the patient portal and read the previous CT report from December. It looked like a pretty complete CT scan of the abdomen. I thought it didn't cover the upper abdomen (gallbladder, pancreas, etc) but it did. I know the US covers blood flow, etc. I discussed that with the tech today. Then I tried to go back in to see if there was anything about the new report and I have gotten myself locked out because I forgot the password. So I will just have to get the info tomorrow. I guess I will have to call the radiology place to get me back in the portal, LOL. But like I said it seems like the CT scan covered more than I thought. So I felt comfortable with that.

I only have a little over 4500 steps today. I'm Ok with that since I had a lot going on.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner ( Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS Stepping Strength w/5's
I don't have many steps, so far today. Tonight is church so I won't be doing much extra. It will be a lower step count day. ETA: I only have a little over 4500 steps but I had a lot going on.

Have a Blessed evening!

Have a Blessed evening.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:43 PM   #566  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Omg, Diana prayers for Connie. Cancer be cut off at the root and bear no more fruit. I pray the report of the Lord is good for you dear lady. Diana, yay on making goal!!

ciecie, that's interesting...cute synopsis of your non travel day.

flower, I agree with your nurse friend. Refeeds are important to stimulate the metabolism.

nancy, 5am, blah!!! I can get up and pee, but that's it...lol. yeah tu.my is somewhat better though I ate A LOT of steamed kale for dinner...not sure I'd that is causing the gas and bloat, the wasabi peas or the pms!

I ate high again, but I logged 15,083 steps. I've been cleaning organizing moving furniture and putting up curtains (which caused me to sweat badly.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:21 AM   #567  

Good evening

Diana I will pray for your friend Connie. I am sure she will have many people praying for her, sending her healing as well.
Relieved to read that you had an U.S. in December that covered the area in question. That's great news. Hope getting a new Patient portal password will be simple. Re your steps etc not being as high as you would like today, yes indeed you do have "a lot going on" On the much less important spectrum of things, great that you lost 1.2 lbs. Tomorrow there will be more to celebrate. A clear ultrasound.

Jen GREAT re all the steps you did. Plus the work sounds strenuous. I bet it will offset the extra calories you ate. Thanks for the words of agreement about stimulating the metabolism. My body is 67 years old. And I do not metabolize nutrients well. So I do think these are all reasons for dieting in a reasonable way. The days of rigid dieting may be over.

Ciecie I am glad you are staying inside during this weather.

Nancylmrn I am so glad things worked out well at the gym. Including an aqua massage. I am among those who do not function well in the morning so I stand in admiration. Sorry that you too have trouble losing. Or losing after a certain point. I guess making peace with not having total control over these bodies is a good lesson to work with. doing one's best. And then making peace with the outcome. I have a feeling you are doing that.

Weekend Boater I too am not a morning person. Not even close to that I hope you had a good Wednesday

Hi to everyone else.

Today I stayed inside. Right at the time I would have gone out, there was a snow squall. Previously we had snow on the road. So I decided to stay in. No cheese bites from the store today. Tomorrow the wind chill is predicted to be brutally cold. But I do plan to go out. Thursdays supplements, including Stevia are 20% off. I also need to get more cucumbers. Good thing I like them. I am finding that the cravings for high carb foods have calmed way down, as would be expected.

Weight same as yesterday
Coffee 150
B salad with power greens, spring mix, sugar snap peas, onion, carrot, low fat feta and BHF blue cheese dressing 180
L Chicken with mustard, cucumber and a cooked cabbage and small salad 330
D chicken with mustard, cucumber and cabbage. 180
Total for day 840.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday.

Last edited by flower123; 01-31-2019 at 12:48 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:19 AM   #568  

good morning! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:03 AM   #569  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

I'm back from my trip in which I had taken a cousin to a medical procedure (which went well) and totally thankful to the Lord for protection during -40 degree wind chills. Never have experienced such bone-chilling cold......just not fit for living creatures to survive in.

Thank you to all those who wished me well on my trip.

Diana, looking to hear about the results of your ultrasound.

During my trip, I went over my goal of 1200 calories per day. 1300 one day and 1440 the next day. It was controlled; I'm fine with it. No exercise, unless shivering in the cold counts??

Back to my routine today: , sit-ups and stretching; fiber; 2 liters water; 1200 calories.

Am grateful to you gals for being there! Where's Larry???
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:49 AM   #570  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Rachel Praise the Lord the procedure went well.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 186
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 31

Proverbs 11:18
The wicked worketh a deceitful work: but to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward.

It seems too easy to cheat on a diet. There are so many good things to eat, and it doesn't seem like it could hurt to cheat just a little. The problem is, when we try to convince ourselves that a little cheating is okay, then we never seem to draw the line, and a little cheating becomes a lot of cheating. When we are deceitful with ourselves, we find ourselves in big trouble. It is much better for us to do what we know is right, avoiding the things we know will give us trouble. When we stick to our diets, then we can expect nothing but reward.

Today's thought: There's no such thing as cheating just a little!