Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-29-2019, 06:00 AM   #541  

thanks Rachel!
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:56 AM   #542  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I forgot to mention from yesterday: I got the appointment set up. I thought I had gotten lost in the shuffle of the Christmas holiday but I didn't. The Dr's office had sent the request last Friday. I thought it was a CT scan of the upper abdomen but it's a ultrasound of the entire abdomen. My appointment is on Wednesday morning.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 187.6
Down: 1 pound

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 29

Job 11:14-15
If iniquity be in thine hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in thy tabernacles. For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear.

A vegetarian friend of mine went to a party and was handed a plate filled with wonderful appetizers. He selected one, took a bite, and then-to everyone's surprise-he threw the remainder across the room with all his might. He stood with a stunned and bewildered look on his face. The appetizer had been filled with meat, and his immediate reaction was to throw it as far away as possible. I think of that whenever I am tempted to grab something to eat that I shouldn't have. In my mind, I have to throw it far away, acting like it is something terrible, so I won't give in to the temptation.

Today's thought: I will put far away anything that tempts me this day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:52 AM   #543  

will be getting ready to go see dad in a few minutes. don't want to go but there's urgent business that needs to be taken care of today.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:58 AM   #544  

Good morning everyone

Flower, thank you! That soup you made sounds yummy! I like cabbage. That's great that you have enough to last you and you can avoid the inclement weather if you need too. It's snowing out there and we are due for some very cold weather the next few days, I am so glad I went and got my things yesterday! lol Have a super day.

Diana, that is wonderful news that you got your appt. all set up. Thanks for keeping us posted and wtg on your workouts.

Thank you ladies for the support and encouragement. Jen, I still love the WII step and I modify the arm movements etc. to work more muscle groups. I was up quite early this morning but if I can get my tail on there again today that would be golden.
I wish you all a great new day, catch up soon.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:24 AM   #545  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Ladies (where is Larry our only Gent right now?)
WI downs .4 and right at that 170 even mark...so some of last weekend is leaving. I did go for a walk last night at the local park and hid some of my rocks, saw lots of other rocks but left them for others to gather.
Today I will work hard to get my steps in since the weather is promising to be mild (hahaha). My lunch and dinner are planned but it is going to be a bit later than normal since I have to scoot to Costco after work (boo).
weekend, I wish I had a WII sometimes I think it would be fun, I enjoy aerobics but there are no classes at my gym. I know I can boot up one on my computer but it is just not the same <sigh>
flower those calories are so low! please snack on something LOL make me feel better
jen I love love love when I can get a nap in on the weekends that is my No. 2 favorite hobby

back later to finish up
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #546  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default going out of town

I have to be out of town tonight and most of tomorrow so won't be posting tomorrow morning. No emergency or anything. No computer will be available.

I will try hard to stay at 1200 calories today and tomorrow.

Until Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.......
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:08 PM   #547  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Rachel, we will be thinking about you especially with DD surgery coming up on the 1st.

Flower, I like hot soup on cold days, is it a cabbage soup diet soup???

weekend, I actually strapped the wii remote to my legs...to get the steps...

ciecie, I hope visit with your dad goes well, I hope there is a peaceful completion of your business.

Diana. Will be praying about your scan. Yay on the lb doen!!!

Nancy, I think your rock painting and hiding is so special!!

I agree Larry, we miss you.

well, I have not followed diet rules bit I have defaulted to fast 5. My window will be 1pm to 6pm.

I snacked on nuts, seaweed, wasabi peas, mackerel, 1 mini cookie ,1 pretzel bite and tea with honey.

so I'm just trying not to blow up on calories...
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:14 PM   #548  
Trying to live below 200

I forgot:

Grannynancy Have a great trip!
Old 01-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #549  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default clarification

Jen, I believe it is JulesMarion's DD who is having surgery coming up Bless you!
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:40 PM   #550  

Good afternoon all
Diana. Glad they could schedule you on Wednesday
wilo do personals later

today was a drop of 1.6 which I expected,... plus more since I cut out the smoked turkey sodium and
drank caffeinated coffee on Monday.
I have never seen my body this stuck. I am back down to last Thursday's weight.
Totally abnormal for me. I was losing fine, then bam. I will not meet the goal.
Hoping to be able to go out this evening to buy power Greens and more cucumber.

Hope everyone is having an an awesome day!
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:27 PM   #551  

my cousin, sister and I are working on getting it straightened out. my meeting is cancelled tonight because of the weather. won't be going shopping and running errands in a nearby community tomorrow or going to work on Thursday. school here is closed tomorrow and Thursday.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #552  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Well I am just now able to get back here today.
So I am trying to commit to going to the gym at 5:30am....yes that is right AM. My biggest problem is I am pretty stiff in the am and I truly do not like taking showers in a 'public' place. Yes there are curtins but still.....and I know nobody cares but my head is still very body shy. Since I wake everyday at 5am for DH and do not go back to sleep so I am going to give it a whirl. I will pack a gym bag with my daytime clothes, shoes and make up. The gym has a hair dryer..oh and I guess I will need a towel, soap and shampoo....darn I better go look for a big bag.

flower congradulations on the big drop!
ciecie sorry your meeting is cancelled and you are not able to walk to the other community like you normally do. Stay warm!
jen good for you for keeping that eating window small, I am always struggling it seems, and some weeks I do better than others.
Rachael have a great trip see you when you get back
weekend did you get your "WII" on?
jules how are you holding up? Friday is almost here
Diana I hope tomorrow morning you get great news or at least some answers.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:10 PM   #553  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

nancylmrn Good luck getting to the gym in the morning.

Total Approx calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner ( Calories)
salad w/grilled shrimp & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS Walk On 15 Minute Fast Fat Blasts (all 4 sections)
I have almost 14,500 steps today.

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 01-29-2019, 10:59 PM   #554  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

GranNY and Rachel have blessed trips

ciecie, I pray it goes smoothly

Nancy, I blew it 1 hr ago...should have known better to put anything on my mouth especially while watching news

flower, yay on the drop plateaus sick

jules, praying for DD.

ok, so I did fine with dinner would have ended day at 1600 calories total BUT I got into reeses and smarties I found in a bin on my room...

I've had diarrhea since dinner too...
thinking a bug? I finally slowed it down with prayer and pepto...still a bit gurgle now though....going to try to sleep.

I did do a light jog session for 17 minutes as well.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:26 AM   #555  

Diana I am thinking of you on Wednesday with the ultrasound. Sending light and prayer that things work out well on all levels.

Jen Really sorry to hear about the stomach virus. I hope you feel better on Wednesday. Jen the cabbage is not in soup. Its just boiled cabbage that I eat with chicken and mustard. And now Cucumber. I use too much sodium in soup. So I have to stay away from it when I am dieting.

Nancylmrn I hope you do okay with showering at the gym. I love what you are doing with the rocks. My "kid" does that where she lives in England. Or she used to do it. There was a fb page for people in her area who were doing it. I didnt know it was happening in other places. I do love the idea.

Ciecie sorry your meeting was cancelled. Sounds good that schools are closed for 2 days. Wind chills are supposed to be crazy low.

Grannynancy sorry I did not see your post saying you were leaving. I did go back and read it. And you are not going to see this message. But I write it anyway

Rachel I hope you have a good short trip.

Weekend Boater actually the cabbage is not in soup. Just boiled cabbage. I have it with chicken and cucumbers. It really is good. Because I cook the chicken in Dijon mustard or curry paste. I hope you stay warm on Thursday and Friday. Do you live in that area of MA that is a snow belt? I seem to remember that western areas got more nasty weather than eastern areas where I lived.

I called my friend who is a retired nurse and an alternative health practitioner. She is great at remote muscle testing. I asked her why for the first time I cannot really lose weight. I told her I am eating only a thousand calories and have reduced my carbs to 30 She told me that is unacceptable for good health. And this is why I am not losing. My body is in survival mode. TBH I know my body and it has never responded that way to a thousand calories. I tried to explain to her that I just lowered the carbs. After I was gaining instead of losing. But in all honesty, I feel like I am doing myself a disservice by going too low carb. I do not feel healthy when I do. So I increased the carbs back almost to where they were. Probably around 40g. And I also added another protein meal. The good news is she tested that there is nothing seriously wrong that is causing this. She also thinks there is another layer to why this is happening. Emotional and energetic. She worked on that with me.

Coffee 200
Baked cheese bites 340
salad 180
Chicken with curry sauce and 2 oz of cooked cabbage 200
Chicken cooked with dijon mustard, 1 oz of cabbage. And sliced cucumber 200
frozen lemon protein thing 30
Total for day: 1150 I do question if thats too high.
Tomorrow may be lower if I do not go out to buy the baked cheese thingys.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Last edited by flower123; 01-30-2019 at 01:27 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote