Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Daily Food: 2 oz cream in my coffee, 2 oz sunflower seeds, 80 grams peanuts, and supper is chicken soup with loads of celery.
Exercise: Walking at lunch and stairs at work.

JulesMarion: thank you for your prayers and congrats on the small victory!!

Feeling quite irritable today. I work in an open office concept with low cubicles ... so ... beneath me. And this morning people are loud and annoying. I'm on Champix for quitting smoking ... which really messes with getting enough sleep. Some nights I sleep 9-10 hours, but mostly 4-5 hours. Just a grumbly old soul, am I. What makes me happy is knowing soon I'll have a whole week off to enjoy sweet quiet, visit a couple friends, time with family. And my beloved Little Cat. My tenant gave me a Starbucks gift card, so sweet. When we have supper this Saturday, I'm giving him a Hickory Farms box and a couple books for his 10 year old that struggles with reading. See? Grumbly but kind-hearted LOL
Old 12-20-2018, 01:02 PM   #302  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Granny, I am looking forward to the day I can cruise along in maintenance, that is kinda where I have been this past year and weight started creeping up so in September I have been trying different approaches since. I am not having much trouble just doing OMAD during the week it is the weekends that throw me off. While working I sit with a cup of celery (<50 cal) then if really can't lose that hunger pang with lemon/lime water I have homemade chicken broth, no sodium to heat up and a cup of that will do me until I am home and can make the dinner I do have 1.5 cups of coffee with a steiva and tbl of half & half for breakfast type hours. The hardest hours are about 1-4pm as this is getting close to 24 hours without a meal.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #303  

Default Dec 2018

Hi!

It's been 3,4 days since I made an entry...weight is about the same.

Nancy, (regarding the health talk), I went back and reread the promo. They did describe it as economic differences in health. Health care was not mentioned, but it was subsumed under a series of talks on health care. I think I was hoping to find resources in health care that I could trust who sincerely want to make health care better, for patients.

Diana, hope your colonoscopy goes well. I am sure you will glad when you can eat again.

DIET: I ate a tiny burger with veggies for breakfast and a BLT with veggies for lunch. I think it has been ten years since I bought bacon. Yum. I tried to buy the leanest I could find. I think the last time I had bacon, it was turkey bacon, but it is not the same. I froze the bacon in two strip packages, but I think the next time I will do it in one strip packages. I think the salt is effecting me.

EXERCISE: I only walked once the past few days, but I did go shopping one day and I am doing my knee exercises everyday.

WEIGHT: about the same...
Old 12-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #304  

Just another post to correct my Daily Food: 2 oz cream in my coffee, 2 oz sunflower seeds, Cobb Salad without corn, and supper was Greek wings.
My mood improved considerably as the day wore on. I went for lunch with a dear friend at work and nothing like a meowing cat to greet me at the door when I got home. Have a nice evening everyone.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:19 PM   #305  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

Well, I'm not sure what is going on. I did my mammogram today and came home a little after 3. Nothing has happened. I am now drinking the Miralax/Gatorade combo. I bet it's going to be a long night. I even did a workout while I waited. LOL And I got my 10,000 steps in. I had green jello for breakfast, lunch and when I got home. I also had some Sprite and Ginger Ale. I'm not used to that type of stuff. Could jello cause me not to go? I've got enough toxic chemicals in me right now to kill me, I'm sure.

Exercise: Chris Freytag Ultimate Walking Workout all 3 sections. I didn't use weights like they did in one section. I continued with cardio.

ETA: I finished off 1/2 of the Miralax/gatorade stuff and took the additional Dulcolax. Now we wait. I'm thinking I am going to blow up so there won't be any need for the colonoscopy. Where is that poop fairy when you need her?

Waving Hi all around.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-20-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:02 PM   #306  

good evening! did 2 miles leslie Sansone this morning before I left for work. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:17 PM   #307  

Diana: if your stuff is anything like the Pico Salax I took before my colonoscopy ... I promise you ... you will run out of toilet paper!!
Old 12-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #308  

diana, have extra toilet paper handy in all bathrooms! hope the colonoscopy turns out well.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Diana - it works. it really works though it does seem to take its time. Don't expect a good nights sleep though.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:17 PM   #310  

diana, let us know how things go tomorrow!
Old 12-21-2018, 05:36 AM   #311  

good morning! welcome to the group littlefleek! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:54 AM   #312  

Good Morning 136.2 Holding. Yesterday wound up with a last minute change from the fennel au gratin (which I am making for Saturday night with my daughter here) to a subway sub. I did make a better choice than the meatball sub I originally wanted.............and, yes, bread is not something I am supposed to eat but as long as it is not in the house and once in awhile I have made peace with that. She also wants a quiche while I am here and is cool with me making it without the crust. I may try a cauliflower crust? May see what I can find - I may just go traditional. I make mine with a blend of cheeses and nutmeg is the secret ingredient.

Yesterday 1454 in 1796 out - got in 14,888 steps but did not do resistance training -
Today is work as usual. I have decided to set a goal of retiring in September 2021; hopefully the stock market will not be destroyed at that point in time .
Car is at shop getting mainteance - this is a big one - husband took it in. Dreading the bill. They also said I need new tires but I am going to do that in January after I shop around. One thing about a Tundra with 18" wheels. Tires are NOT cheap and you want to ride on good ones.

Today is planned at 1399 calories
  • Breakfast = yogurt, chia, kefir, blueberries, uncle sam cereal
  • Lunch = melty eggplant with eggplant, onions, celery, garlic, goat cheese
  • Dinner = Beef and Cabbage stir fry with carrots
Littlefleek - welcome - the diet approach I am using called 'bright line eating" does NOT require exercise and actually discourages adding additional until after weight loss is achieved and has some good arguments for that. It is honestly a lifestyle change that requires you to ditch sugar and flour and plan your meals. Pretty common sense and healthy. First thing that has worked for me and now I am in maintenance..................but there are many ways that work for different people. Any diet that cost me a lot of money........nah...........I think whatever you do has to be something you can see living with for the rest of your life and sticking with it.

Diana - hope the prep was ok and you are having a safe colonoscopy right now. May any issues be minor.

Teri - welcome back - that is what I do with bacon. I buy the best natural applewood thick sliced I can find and then freeze it for 1 strip at a time. LOL and I wrap with paper towel and cook to perfection in microwave.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:11 AM   #313  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Diana I hope you slept well last night and I pray that today goes fast for you.

WI bump up .8 for no reason I can determine other than the you know who has not been around for a few days (PF where are you????) Yesterdays meal, Hamburger with bun, air fired french fries with sugar free ketchup 2 adult beverages. <1,000 calories. I have not been walking and getting my steps in, the weather is a big factor here not so much cold but the wind and rain make it hard to walk the yard at work, I am covered for the jacket/hood portion but nothing to protect my legs and sitting around in wet pants is just not fun LOL
I am hoping today we will shut the office down early and I can do some last minute window shopping before the weekend.

Larry tell me how the instapot is doing for you...I am trying to justify one, but we don't eat a lot of meat. I have a pressure cooker and a crock pot and never found the need for a rice cooker. But they just look so dog gone cool.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:40 AM   #314  

Nancy - if you eat much yogurt. OMG you can make Amazing yogurt in the instant pot.............We eat a lot vegetarian and don't find we use ours for much else...........I had thought of beans and may try that though pressure cooking and beans always makes me a bit nervous. Yes PF can easily make that big a difference! Seen it enough times to know that for sure.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #315  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Hello all!

welcome little fleet

Larry I just sat down to my cup of coffee with cream and xylitol...and I drooled over that prime rib description.

syck? Are you in vegas????

Diana, geez, you have a lot going on. Pray both have good reports and I hope the clean out gives you a new found edge on weightloss.

Nancy, so you are following the don't break 50 calorie rule...I might try a cup of celery ...usually turn to iceberg lettuce or cucumbers.. celery is easy and more portable

Granny, yay! You are maintaining great...will always be hiccups and slip ups.. hope the emergency wasn't too terrible.

ciecie, I hope your dad had a good birthday with you.

jules, staying on plan is the biggest thing

follena, praying for your sister. Cool that she's a RN.

ok, WI has been 180.6, 180.4, 180.0, 179.8 and 179.6 today so gaining back ground from TOM...but think I lost overall weight loss to the slip ups.

​​​​​​I was not feeling ok and my throat and ear was hurting so I looked on my throat and saw a suspicious white patch at the back of my throat...I rinsed and went about my day it came back...so I started taking the augmentin I had been on when I was switched to Levaquin.. throat feels better but I have a raging yeast infection...yeast MAKE you crave sugar so that is another battle...I have been following rules again but eating more sugar at my one meal than I need to...for example I had a refill of my dr. Pepper at Pizza Inn and I PAID for it dearly...I had to go get the 7 day treatment.

boys are leaving to their dad's today so I will most likely do OMAD, I tried yesterday but hunger got the best of me.

we are going to make our gingerbread nativity set today

Closed Thread