Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #16  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
H

Nancy that poor kid, hopefully that’ll make him think before putting something up his snoot.

Hi Terri, my grandson is just 2 1/2 and autistic also a huge climber LOL so he is a handful to say the least, but he has an older sister (9) and there is a service dog in the home but he is like greased lightning LOL I know he runs his mom and dad ragged just trying to keep him safe. This was I believe his third trip to the ER? other two times were for something in his ear and a fall off the outside of the stair banister that he climbed before he could be stopped. They have put up all types of barriers but he seems to be able to maneuver around all of them. At one point in the Kitchen they had to remove all the drawer because he figured out how to open them all to make steps.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:17 PM   #17  

good evening ladies! got lots of power walking done today. also got everything I needed to do today done. power walked to supper and power walked home.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:31 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Hello ladies...busy day and I forgot something important. Found out today my car front end is about to fall apart....grrrrrrrr.

ds2 still making a 102 F fever look good. Took him back for a recheck since it was still so high this morning...102.2.

that gave me the school note for the past 2 days though.

So kids are with their dad and I believe I started TOM today....which is weird because I had two periods of ovulation signs and again it seems the 2nd one was the fluke not the first...my body is wierd. They say it's usually the opposite. Anyways so I won't be too dissapointed that my WI was 185.2 this am AND I broke my eating window after a super early dinner at McDonald's ...what did I eat at 930pm?? Marinated artichoke hearts and Nathan hotdogs and saurkraut? Couldn't that have waited??? plus a hot cup of tea sweetened by whip cream...

I know I could do worse ..done, time to get ready for bed...pray, I get my car fixed speedily and my mechanic stays on top of it.

also pray my ds2 kicks this stupid bug.

Terri, I had to giggle about the cat + string story...

granny, awww poor little guy. I saw a YouTube video where mama covers one nostril and blows into toddlers mouth in order to dislodge nasal object (I think that's right) something like it.

ciecie, as always the steady one

keli, looks like water gain to me too.

Nancy, hang in there...I completely understand your line of thinking

Diana, seriously don't know what I'd do without your devotions and commitment. Hope DH is feeling better
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:31 PM   #19  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hey all,
143.7 this morning

Quick check in. Got a walk in and a pre-retirement briefing today. It’s getting real, the end of this month.

Nancy wow, God bless them.

GrannyNancy you’re doing great

Diana still not loving those early days haha

Ciecie walking is your super power.

Jendiet Teri
Good night all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #20  

kelijpa, enjoy your retirement! my mom and dad never regretted retiring when they did. both of them retired in 1987. mom died on December 16, 2015.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:30 PM   #21  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Kelijpa I am excited for you! That is so awesome that you are getting ready to retire!

Jen Praying for you and your car situation.

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
6 ounce sirloin steak & 2 servings steamed veggies 700 calories

Exercise:
45 minutes bike @ gym
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:55 PM   #22  

good night ladies! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:49 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. 142.0 on the new scale this morning and 142.2 on the old one. Going to weigh on both for a few days to see if there are any trends or drift.

Figuring out these numbers. Everything is "green" or in the average range: BMI 23.1, Body fat 28.2, Fat free body weight 102, body water 49.3, Skeletal muscle 41.9, Muscle mas 96, Bone mass 6.2, protein 16.8, BMR 1369, Metabolic age 62 (I am 63) ............. Not actually sure what all this means. Realize values relative. The Omron said 30.8% fat for reference but measures across different part of body and hmmmm. Not sure if the titanium plate on my left ankle makes any difference-bet it does-and I just need to consider the values as "relative" and look for decrease body fat, increase muscle mass and bone mass as the targets.

Yesterday I did not walk in the rain and today is dog training. Yesterday I also ate 1277 calories [pretzels took me over] and have a lot to get done around the house [clean up Halloween, Team Paperwork, Press Release for team donation, writing search reports, getting ready for search on Sunday......Search and Rescue is my second non paying part time job. Aaargh I would like to spin some of this off] FWIW, Beau is 7 and Tilly is 5. After that my next dog will be some sort of small pet dog who can go hiking and kayaking with us and not do search and rescue. I will just offer to help folks with their training ........ after almost 20 years of doing this I am ready to move on because the fitness is taking at least 2 hours a day . If I really get bored I will look into training a bedbug detection dog or something like that.

Kelijpa - So happy for you and envious!!!!. I have 2 years BUT my husband is 3 years younger than me and on my insurance because he is self employed. I could work until I am 66.5 which would put me close enough for him for Cobra (I already checked out cobra when we were having fruit basket upset at work and it was cheaper than ACA) and that would give me full SS if I decided not to wait for it until 70.

Jendiet - Hang in there.Hoping the car issue will be resolved and your son gets better quickly. The other Nancy is the one with the grandson FWIW. Maybe I should change my name on my signature to "Granny Nancy".

EDIT-Mammogram results in the mail. All good.

Last edited by grannynancy; 11-03-2018 at 07:22 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #24  

good morning ladies! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:54 AM   #25  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Something wonky happened with my bookmarks from last night. So, I have to deal with that today.

Grannynancy Yay for the mammo results!

Last night: Full Body Stretch & exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 189
I am still up 1.2 pounds from the Fair and DH's birthday on Monday/Tuesday.

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 3

Psalms 126:6
He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

The groaning was over. The long nights of hunger lay behind. For some strange reason, the diet was getting easier. Finally, Diane's body had gotten the message that snacks and heavy meals were no more. The cravings and cryings of her stomach subsided. It had been a tough war, but Diane felt she had scored a victory at long last. All the weeping was behind, and she felt a wonderful joy. She knew that plenty of tough times lay ahead, but she also knew she could handle them. With God's help, she would make it. The hardest part was behind her.

Today's thought: When I take it one day at a time, the days fall away as fast as the pounds!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #26  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
142.5 this morning
Happy birthday to me!

I was hoping some of that gain was water weight. I did tighten up my eating so I am sure that helped.

Pretty windy today, hopefully that’ll dry some things up.

Will be back later, hope everyone has a great day and weekend
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #27  

good morning again! went for two power walks this morning. one was to the beauty shop to get my hair cut. ran errands both times. will power walk to lunch in a few minutes. will run errands on the way to and home from lunch.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #28  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning to all
WI down from yesterday so some of my over indulgent behavior is gone Today will be somewhat of a challenge since I have just thrown out all the possible de-railiers from my frig and pantry LOL This week I really over did it and can't pin point to the why? And they were not terrible transgressions just enough for the scale to go up instead of down.

granny, I really am liking this new scale since it gives me something to measure (regardless of how truly accurate it is) For example I can watch my muscle mass increase or water etc. My numbers are not all green LOL I have some blue and red......but I am happy with my muscle mass and bone mass....body fat number is so red it could put a clown's nose to shame. I have to work on my body water and skeletal muscle.

Well today will be a day of errands, first in order is we have to drive to Seattle (45min to an hour depending on traffic) I just really don't like driving in that city <sigh> but I have put it off for some time plus my in-laws live there so will drop by to see them.

Jen how is your son today?

hugs to everyone
Diana that 1.2 will be gone by Monday
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:32 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Ds2 fever was 101 at 5 am. I curse the infection at the root. Dry up and get out of my baby now.

Mechanic currently has,my car but I think it was the turn of events that got him to come get my car today....

his car messed up as well and then the wheel fell off his truck in a church parking lot....so he called me to come help him and promised to fix my car first and then fix his car. I went to bed praying for God to help me to get my car fixed speedily because it's very bad and some of it my mechanic had promised to fix before I bought the car from him.

Nancy, I'm SUPER HUNGRY as well . I have been battling it all day. What kind of scale is that? your numbers are decent. Body fat and water are indirectly proportional, just so you know. That's how bioimpedence scales work.

keli, great comeback....wow...I don't even know what I'm going to do about retirement yet ...I really should buckle down and write. I know it's what I'm supposed to do. Gifts are meant to bring income. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

ciecie, do you like the cut? I'm so glad your mammogram is done and clear.

granny, your numbers are awesome, don't change your signature, I know both of you are Nancy ...I just get right and left mixed up.

TERRI, I really want to plant but feel uninspired by the cold and BLAHS.

ok, TIRED TODAY. Yes it's TOM, but I feel in slow motion and I'm starving!!! The hunger is ridiculous today...I actually was going to eat dinner at 2pm but decided to post to drag it out!

so I thought the salt and extra snack last night would show a gain but NO. New Low this AM 182.4. Weird to have new low on TOM....

if I could just get control of my hunger? I ate 1 egg and 2 thin pcs of bacon at 11am, had coffee at 12pm...and I haven't been this hungry in a while???

jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #30  

good afternoon! power walked to lunch. didn't have to run an errand on the way there. my plumber took the box to the new dehumidifier with him. did run errands on the way home. got a slice of pizza for supper tonight. will power walk to church tonight.