Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #226  

Default September 2018

Hi!

Welcome Linewife!

Jen, I planted seeds for Mexican cucumbers a few years ago. They produce these little cukes about an inch long that look like little watermelons and have a slight lime taste. I don't get around to picking many of them, so a lot fall to the ground. So they reseed themselves. I am surprised that the seed survive the winters here. Anyway, they pop up late...like July and have a small vine with small maple like leaves.

DIET: I am eating way too many carbs...

EXERCISE: I am not back at the Y yet, My rash is going away, but I think it will take a long time for the scars to go away. I walked for 30 minutes yesterday and did some stability ball exercises and some knee exercises. I weeded for maybe 30 minutes.

OTHER: I am watching too much Washington news. I hope this woman gets a fair shake by the men in Congress. I find this stuff to be very disturbing. I sorted some clothes today.

TODO: I have to finish/return/pickup library stuff tomorrow. I really need to start planting plants.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Qt, omg...9 miles!!!!

Terri, cool!!! I love German white cucumbers...a guy that owned a body shop a friend worked at used to get these amazing spicy little white cucumbers...I've been wanting a jar so bad ...

today same diet as yesterday...coffee for breakfast, no lunch and MCDONALD'S DON'T CARE for dinner..

I had the buttermilk crispy tenders and was suprised at how good they were...I could only eat half my Sundae and my kids gobbled the fries before I could do damage....no salad, but can't afford and dinner is over. .so I stop eating at 4pm....just like yesterday...really good intermittent fasting schedule...I had coffee at 11:30 and dinner at 4pm
Old 09-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #228  

hello everyone, I just wanted to say hi. I look forward to reading up on everyone's progress as it gives me motivation for my own!
Old 09-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Jen- yeah the trail didn't say it was that long. . But the GPS mapping on my phone did.. Supposedly it's 7 miles lies!!! Lol
Old 09-20-2018, 08:18 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Evening - I was 150.4 this morning..

Not particularly compliant but got in a little bit over 16,000 steps but ate 1436 Calories - I got a cheeseburger at Waffle House minus the bun and hashbrowns, then ate some snacky stuff and it has been downhill since. Tomorrow must be better

Things have been a bit out of kilter though gut health is much better. Tomorrow we will do our 6 miles early and plan on going kayaking IN THE MORNING early. I plan on packing lunch. Thinking about checking out Lake Adger in the WNC mountains..I have been told you can paddle about 2 miles up the Green River under heavy canopy then coast back down to the lake and lots of birds and wildlife.

QTkitty - 9 mile hike. That is awesome!

Linewife - Hi!

Susan - Hi!!

Jendiet-I do intermittent fasting with my plan and only eat between 10am and 6pm and it seems to work well

Nancy - wild. For some reason I always think of Maine when I think of cranberries and not the PNW. Who would have known.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:21 PM   #231  

good evening! 2 miles leslie Sansone this morning before I left for work. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. power walked and ran errands before and after supper. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:39 PM   #232  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Last week, during the emergency evacuation, I slept in and felt better. I am feeling really tired this week. I need to get to bed earlier but it just seems like there isn't enough time.

SusanPowell Hi and welcome to the check-in.

qtkitty Great job on the hike.

jendiet Congrats on the new low! Well, I do feel derailed, but I think I am too hardheaded to give up.

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700

Exercise:
Tamilee Webb's Weigh Loss Walk 3 miles
Old 09-20-2018, 09:44 PM   #233  

welcome susan powell!
Old 09-21-2018, 04:49 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 150.8 bump up.

Getting ready to go walk. Infusing coffee but not much good for anything else right now.

Need to get control of things diet wise.

Jendiet - I missed your new low. CONGRATS!

EDIT 0511 am - Meals are now planned. That one is important to me. Total calories planned is 1161, now to go knock out that 6 miles....

Breakfast is refried bean recipe, potatoes peppers and onions
Lunch is Greek yogurt, kefir, and blue berries
Dinner is tromboncino noodles, vegetables and spaghetti sauce

EDIT 0746 am - 6 miles have been walked. Drinking some more coffee then taking a shower and getting ready for kayaking

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-21-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:37 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 188.4/154.2/135

Good morning everyone!

Welcome Susan!

WI: 176.8!! Whoosh here I go I hope!

Tried to stick to my eating plan and counted calories. I managed to keep it around 1200 give or take a few. I did have a bun with my chicken although I want to stay away from bread.

I think I will count calories again today.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:33 AM   #236  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #237  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Standing stretch, exercises from the Dr. and 2 planks
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
No Weigh In

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 21

Psalm 91:3
Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

Bert woke up in a cold sweat. He had dreamed that he was lying on a beach, when suddenly the sand began to shift, and he felt himself being sucked downward. Try as he might, he couldn't twist or turn out of the trap. Every way he moved, the sand gave way. He realized that the only reason he was sinking was due to his weight. The more he fought, the deeper he sank. As the sand closed in over his head, he woke up. Quietly, he prayed that the Lord might rescue him from his prison of flesh. Immediately, he was filled with a spirit of sacrifice and commitment equal to the diet that lay before him.

Today's thought: Without a doubt, I'll win this bout!
Old 09-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #238  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning to all
WI another jump up 171.6 that is 2lbs in 5 days. I really am going to re-evaluate. I am not sticking to my low carb but my calories are still around 1500-1700. I truly can not go by calories. I am trying to convince myself that I can go back to low carb. I have so given up bread and carbs before and it is only the first few days that I find hard. The challenge is making dinner for m DH The meals he has helped pick out for weeknights all involve either some pasta or bread of one nature or another. So back to my drawing board.

Personals later our group is growing! so yeah I do read all the posts
I should be able to get to the gym tonight then tomorrow we drive 2.5 hours for a wedding and will be staying the night in OR
Old 09-21-2018, 09:23 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Diana, there's something to be said about hard headed people...

hi susan, welcome. Post any time with us.

yay linewife! Whoosh are cool.

Granny, that is life and you did so well with being off your diet plan, plus research shows refeeds stoke your metabolism

Nancy, that is awesome. I wish I was braver, or had a friend that could go do outdoors stuff with me

qtkitty, that's awesome mileage. Hope that hip is feeling better. If you have a small ball like the size of a kickball and put it between your knees and squeeze it will align your hips and help with some pain....it is a PT trick I heard about when I had weird hip pain.

good morning ciecie!

will WI in a few
Old 09-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #240  

good morning again! had breakfast. will work out in a few minutes, have a load of laundry in the machine.
Closed Thread