Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 11:49 PM   #31  
Domestic Engineer

Thanks for all the welcomes I appreciate that. I have been struggling...the "click" seems to come and go and I'm finding it hard to get into a groove- though my desire to succeed is very strong. I will do this!

My oldest ds had his first day of kindergarten today! It will a fun year for him and I'm looking forward to getting into a schedule. I'm trying to fit in exercise somewhere- currently doing the Walk Away the POunds video...this morning I stayed up early after nursing the baby and made a nice "first day of school" breakfast-- thought I would get the exercise in, but didnt' happen! Running around, then company for dinner. I know it just has to be #1 priority.

Well, my early morning has left me pretty tired tonight. I'll be back tomorrow!

Emily
Old 09-10-2003, 08:14 AM   #32  
hangin' in there...

Hey girls.. just a quick note before I get the kids on the bus and hop on my bike.......

Ginny, I use a mix when I make the waffles. Right now, I have some Trader Joe's buttermilk pancake mix in the house, but you can use Bisquick or something like that. I have even used the reduced fat Bisquick, and it is still great! Just follow the recipe on the box for waffles, but omit the oil and add 1/2 can of pumpkin, instead. I also add about 1 Tbs "autumn" spice mix, which is really just a mix of ground cinnamon, nutmed, cloves and ginger. I have a great Belgian waffle maker, and I usually make a double-batch and freeze the extra for quick morning breakfasts. BTW, pumpkin pancakes are delish, too! You can always add less pumpkin if you don't want a real strong pumpkin taste, and use egg substitute instead of whole eggs to cut fat/calories (I usually do this, but was out last night). And, you could make a small batch of regular waffles for ds, in case he doesn't like them.

OK, gotta run.... be back later to get personal with everyone!
Old 09-10-2003, 09:52 AM   #33  
hangin' in there...

Well, I'm back, and talking to myself, it seems! Hopefully, you are all busy being healthy and OP.

Emily, stick with it, hon. When you are ready, you will "click." I just had my click last week. Until then, I had been on again, off again for months. I'm a firm believer that whatever is supposed to happen, will, and you can't force anything. Your back-to-school breakfast sounded great. I hope ds is enjoying kindergarten as much as mine.

Spryng, I am so happy for you that dh will be home next weekend! How terrific! I know the kids will be excited, too! And congrats about those size 12 jeans! I hope to be in that size, myself, by Thanksgiving.

Ginny, I hope your meeting goes well today. And your WI. I'll be thinking of you today and waiting to hear all about it. And you are right.... I am inspired! It's that "click" that Emily talked about. Last night, I was desperately trying to stay up for a favorite tv show... I knew I was low on calories for the day and could have a snack, but I wasn't really all that hungry. In the past, I would have eaten something anyway. But instead, I decided sleep was more important than the tv show, and that I wasn't going to eat something just because I could. I went to bed, instead! So, I guess that's progress.

Karen, Ricci, and Michele..... hope you are doing ok. Drop in when you can. I gotta hit the shower and then take ds out to run some errands. Have a great day!
Old 09-10-2003, 12:37 PM   #34  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
Glad to read your posts.........

Emily- gee, you sound upbeat for the first week of kindegarten! Nice that for both of you- fun for Ds and some stability during the day for you. Your nice breakfast sounded great.....and you'll get the excercise in when you can. As Jen mentioned- it all works out in due time. You will click when you are ready. But- one thing that my WW leader advises us is even if we have not "clicked"yet is to "fake it till you make it". Try to make good food choices and control portion size. Increase your activity- even a 15 minute walk is great. Just doing that and not being totally vigillant and you will lose- and that might inspire you to "click"!

Jen- now I have spared you from talking to yourself!! (something I excell at........ ). Great to hear from you- I know with your schedule it can be tough to get here. Thanks for the info on the pumpkin waffles. Yes, I think I would make a half batch, with my fusspot son. They sound good though. I usually make waffles from scratch/pancakes from a mix- so for the waffles I can really play with the amount of butter I add and replace that with pumpkin. For that matter, applesauce would probably work well too! WTG staying away from the food last nite!! Evenings can be hard when fatigue sets in. But you resisted!!!!!!

Spryng- Great news that Dh will be home on the 19th! And those size 12's getting easier to button. You will be in them in no time! Sounds like you are getting the hang of this points thing.
Pretty easy- right? I would never be able to get away with the Special K bar for breakfast.....those 2 points would fly right thru me. But the oatmeal (same 2 points) holds me for hours. Hope it works for you too! Eat your range- ok? You can go up to 25 points in a day, feel free to use all or some of them.

Got to my meeting (but I am running out of time). So glad to be back to my home meeting, Laura is just so inspiring (and nuts).
Today was about activity. WW is now asking for 7-14 activity points a week - figure one point is 20 minutes of brisk walking.
And they want that increased to 20-28 points a week as you go on. Aughhhhhh!!!!!! guess my walking shoes are gonna get one dilly of a workout. I lost this week- total down is 30.8. Oh, on their scale I was (with clothes) 150.8. So the 150 barrier still eludes me....maybe next week! Spryng there were lots of new folks there today, and all the magazines were sold out. I did get the new eating out/supermarket guides. You can have my old ones, as I had mentioned. Shall I wait till next week to send them with the magazine?
Gotta go balance the check book. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 09-10-2003, 02:09 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Congrats Ginny on your loss!! I bet next week you will break through that 150# barrier! You already have at home without your clothes, so soon your WW meeting scale will show the same. You have done so well. 30.8 lbs lost. That is fantastic. You truly believe in WW and it shows, what an inspiration to me!! And the rest of us no matter what plan we are on. It's up to you when you want to send those materials. I went ahead and ordered the WW magazine subscription but I won't get my first issue for 6-8 weeks. So if you can send me on that would be great too. Oh and I wanted to let you know that I am updated on this new Flexpoint system. Have you switched to it yet? If so how do you like it? I think for now I'm just going to stick with the winning points system you sent me and use my banked points as treat points. When my DH comes home I may try the flexpoint so I can indulge a little while he's here for two days without worrying about blowing my progress. I did have oatmeal for breakfast and you are right... it really stuck with me. I eat breakfast about 9 am and usually by 10 am I am hungry again, but today I actually made it to 11:30 before I had to get some lunch in me! So I think I will stick wit oatmeal for awhile and the kids enjoyed it too since they were getting tired of cereal everyday
Jen that is what I have been trying to do also at night, to distract myself from wanting to munch on something when I'm not really hungry. Good for you for just getting some sleep. another thing that will curb your appetite is exercise. I know it sounds crazy but when I exercise before I go to bed I lose all hunger pains. I drink alot of water afterwards and I feel so satisfied. Weird huh? but it works for me. PLus if I am on my bike peddling and using the hand bars I can't put anything in my mouth but I help trim my waistline. So it's a good trade off.
Emily, having the desire to start is a good thing. Before long you'll feel physically moved to start also. That's how it was for me. I knew in my head I was ready to lose the weight but it took a couple of tries to fall into the swing of things and get serious. But even if you begin and mess up or something... don't feel bad. Losing weight is a process that never ends. Once you get the weight off then it's the process of keeping it off so it really is a lifestyle change for good. So every now and then we are all going to fall off the wagon.. but the difference between falling off and failing is the ability to get back on again. And that's what we are here for! To help you stay on or dust you off when you fall so you can get back on! Anytime you need support we are here for you!
Well my day is going well. I've been watching old home videos of my family and kids... they were so cute and little... they have loved it even more than me. You would have thought I put in Barney or something as excited as they got to see themselves on screen! It's really cute! But now it's nap time and I think I'm going to browse the net for awhile. I'll talk to you ladies later!
Old 09-10-2003, 05:10 PM   #36  
hangin' in there...

Ginny, you are such a LOSER!!!! You know I mean that in only the best way! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!

Spryng, my kids love to watch videos of themselves, too. Sounds like you have a good plan worked out for eating when dh comes home. I'm glad you are really liking the WW. And, WTG on all your peddling.

Well, I am trying something new today......... I have to work tonight, and typically, I would eat regular meals during the day, plus an extra "something" during the night at work. Usually, I eat a bit less the next day, so I've always figured it all evens out. But lately I've been questioning whether I end up over-eating. So, what I did today was have a good breakfast that would fill me up. (cream of wheat with apples) Then, at lunchtime, I had a small 110 cal snack. I ate a late lunch, around 3pm. I will lie down for a nap at 6pm, when dh gets home, so no dinner at that time. I will eat dinner at work, instead. I will probably have a bowl of cereal very early in the morning, too (I keep a box in my locker at work). That will be my breakfast for tomorrow, because I wouldn't normally eat when I get home because I usually lie down til lunchtime. With this schedule, it keeps me on a 3 meal/day track, with 1 or 2 small snacks, even when I'm working.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:20 PM   #37  
burned out bus driver

This is getting long......gonna start a new thread. See you there!!!!
Closed Thread