Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

ciecie- Holy smokes, 20k steps is amazing!! You must be in terrific shape! I have a hard time getting over 7000 steps without feeling wiped out.

Diana- Thank you! I hope that your back feels better very soon! I also have lower back pain that pop up from time to time and it is really painful.

Nancy- I hope that resting your knee does the trick. I would guess that your weight stayed the same because of inflammation in your knee and sodium retention from yesterday's lunch. I bet that in realty you are down a couple lbs. Great job on the long hike!

Kelijpa - It sounds like you have the hang of this maintenance thing!! I can not wait to be there! I was 15 lbs. away but now I am 30 away.

I had a really good day diet wise yesterday. I didn't weigh or measure my food, but a rough approximation put me around 1300 calories. I want to try and drink a full gallon of water today. I have a lot to do around the house today and also have several hours of work to do on the computer. I plan on getting back to daily weigh ins after I have a few on plan days under my belt. I hope that everyone has a fantastic Sunday!

Old 08-19-2018, 01:51 PM   #242  

good afternoon! power walked to and home from lunch. ran an errand on the way home. also took a longer route home.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 161/156/145

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up new to accountability - August 2018, just joined

Highest, 161, now 156, increasing downward past 1-2 weeks, goal 145.
eating carefully, not much but enough to be satisfied. ate pasta/alm. butter/cheese for brunch: 131 calories, plus two brazil nuts - total 178. low cal almond milk in my coffee to equal 30 cal for the day. Not hungry, but will eat again when I am! I'm aiming for low cal all day. Going to gym shortly. I walk 2 miles minimum each day, sometimes adding to the effort by using an elliptical machine at the gym which really gets me sweating (glowing) and I believe helps me burn more calories than my milder saunter of 2 miles on the street. I use my feet as transportation. I also exercise every day w/ weights, usually at home,. One day abs; next day arms; next day legs and feet. I have a few exercises I do daily, i.e. 20 reps each, of one for arm backs; butt; abs. Other exercises mentioned are 20 reps each for a total of 10 per day, i.e. 200 reps altogether.
I feel good and it is working. I had gone from 179 to 145 in November 2016 and evened out at about 153-155, but additional 6 pounds crept up and now I really want to get back to the 145 - for my appearance; feeling healthy and energized AND feeling and learning how to be in control of my appetite. I find that I need to embrace hunger (not extreme hunger) and recognize it and deal with it when it comes up.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:08 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Hiya amaryllis and kfunk, nice to meet you guys.

Nancy, I agree you are going to swell because of injury and salt

Diana, I personally believe my Lord Jesus had 40 stripes rip open his back so yours wouldn't hurt. I rebuke that pain in Jesus name.

ciecie. ..wow...only once or twice my steps got over 15,000 and that was a strenuous day.

granny, hope you had LOTS OF FUN TUBING and not worrying about depressed neighbor

keli, you ate a maintenance inspiration

ok, so I tackled the hills w I th the lawn mower yesterday. ..so much sweat. I hopped in the kiddie pool every time I took a break.

I did wake up to a new low yesterday...189.0 and then today 189.2...not a high bump but a bump...

well see what happens after tonight hibachi too.

the steak was a little too salty but I ate it anyway

Last edited by jendiet; 08-19-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:49 PM   #245  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Today was not a good day for me. I fell of the wagon. As a church family, we go to lunch together after the church service. Someone suggested Five Guys Burgers. I went to one when it first came to town, probably 10+ years ago and have not been back since. I agreed to go because I thought they would have a grilled chicken sandwich but they didn't. So I ordered a small cheese burger, lettuce, tomato, sauteed mushrooms and a cup of water. Everything was going well until someone brought roasted peanuts to the table. I finished eating first since I didn't order fries, so I decided to start eating the peanuts. I knew I made a mistake. I have issues with nuts and nut butters. Once I start on them, it makes me want more and more stuff and I indulged today. At our services, we ask for prayers and we pray for each other and anyone who is having problems or issues. I discussed my problem tonight with and my whole food/weight issue with them. I asked for prayer. I am really tired of fighting this battle. I know I can't do it alone this time. So I have asked for prayer from my church family. It was actually really comforting to talk with them today about this. After the fact, I find this strange, so different than I have felt about this before. My weight and food issues have always been mine alone and what I share here. So, I am taking some time off from weighing since I am full, bloated, and I know I have a lot of water weight I will be dealing with. It so upsetting for me because I have been losing again, although very slowly. But, when I crash, I crash hard. So, I'm picking myself back up again and I will have a fresh start tomorrow.

Also, no workout today due to the back pain. Hopefully I will be better tomorrow.

Have a Blessed evening.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:55 PM   #246  

good night ladies! went for a power walk after supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained. watched yentl on tcm on demand tonight.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:48 AM   #247  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Back at it today. Thanking the Lord for another day and I can continue this journey. My back is still wonky so I have to work around that today.

Last night: gentle lower back stretches
This Morning: Oxycise

NO WEIGH IN

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 20
Luke 10:41-42
And Jesus answered and said unto her, 'Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

'
Angie brought home a new diet book each week. She had a closet full of exercisers guaranteed to take off pounds and inches. She had a cabinet full of pills, powders, and liquids bearing promises of miraculous weight loss. Cindy just shook her head. Why go to all the trouble? Losing weight wasn't going to come from anywhere except from inside the person who wanted to lose it. Desire was the main ingredient. It was too easy to get caught up in fads and fancy claims. A quiet determination to lose weight was what was really important. Angie lost a few pounds, while Cindy lost many.

Today's thought: It's hard to lose weight when you have a fat head!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-20-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:04 AM   #248  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 158.4 so no loss THIS week but am a bit constipated from NOT eating enough veggies last week! Yesterday was a high sodium day even though calories were in balance. It is hard to eat right when you are running around like crazy doing things and I have to figure this out.

Already at 12,689 for the day so 16,000 should be do able. One walk around the neighborhood and walking around the house should take care of that.

Will drink lots of water today. Get back to focusing on QUALITY food. 1122 calories is planned

Will read and catch up on personals later. Looks like some new folks on board.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:53 AM   #250  

grannynancy, 16,000 steps is definitely do-able. will go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:32 AM   #251  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!
WI huge jump up 172.2 have not seen that weight in 2+ years. Has to be sodium and lack of elimination. My eating has not been crazy but did have over my allotted sodium yesterday. I feel a bit bloated.
No w/o tonight getting my hair highlighted and cut. This will give my knee one more day of rest anyway.

Diana I know how easy it is to fall off that wagon and the temptations that led up to it. I am so glad you have the support of your church group and hope you find support here too.

Well I have to run hope to be back on later today
Old 08-20-2018, 11:04 AM   #252  

went for a power walk and ran a couple of errands this morning. will have lunch in a few minutes.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #253  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

ciecie- good morning! I hope you are having a great day!

amaryllis- welcome to 3FC!! It sounds like you are well on your way to success! Great job getting back on track before the 6 lb. creep ended up turning into more.

jendiet - thank you! Last summer I had been doing the 30 day shred which is very difficult. My husband had shoulder surgery so I was mowing the hills with the push mower and I thought I was going to die, I couldn't finish! It was so much harder for me than the 30 day shred!!!

Diana- I am sorry that yesterday was hard for you. I know the feeling of disappointment all too well. Good for you for confiding in your church group, I think having their prayers and support will help immensely. I hope that today is a great day and that your back feels better!

grannynancy- you posted that you had 12,689 steps at 6:44 my time, that is insane!!! All these high step counts make me want to fix my fitbit and see if I can hit the 10k mark!

nancy- even though you know its not real weight, its still hard to see the numbers jump like that. Hopefully the bloating subsides and tomorrow will be back down.

Yesterday was a good day for me diet wise. I ended up eating around 1500 calories, but it was quality foods so I am okay with going over. I was a bum yesterday and barely did anything on my list! I hope that everyone is enjoying their week so far!
Old 08-20-2018, 11:39 AM   #254  

kfunk, i'm having a great day. went for a power walk and to run errands this morning. will go for another power walk and to run errands in a few minutes.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #255  
Warrior Princess

I quit my Zoloft yesterday. It has served it's purpose and worked well for anxiety but the extra weight just wasn't worth it for me anymore. I was on it for a year and a half and I don't want to take it anymore. I've been exercising myself to death (and watching what I ate) for 9 months and I can't even lose an ounce. I wasn't like that before and honestly with my high cholesterol I can't see how having excessive belly fat is healthy. It just isn't and it makes me miserable. So...hopefully now I can actually get some results from Jillian. I've been at it since July 3rd and no change. That is just impossible and I can only attribute it to the Zoloft. I had stellar results in 2013 which was prior to Zoloft. So let's see what happens from here. 🤞🤞

Edit to add: I know how to properly taper and stop SSRI'S so no lectures please. 😊

Last edited by novangel; 08-20-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Closed Thread