Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Ciecie, speaking from experience...long sleeves and I wore long socks on my hands and gloves when grabbing them...

if you are not already feeding them, start feeding..first leave the can (your scent is on the can) Second leave the can but stay at a distance....crouched down in sight...third put the can down but stay crouched down close to the cat or cats while they feed. Then try to stay close enough to pet them....once you gain their trust grab up the cat...if it's really skittish...you might need to cover the head...I used to be known as cat woman as a girl because when I walked to school I visited and petted every cat I saw and I fed strays and a lot of times they would follow me to school...

if you don't want to handle them...set out a cat carrier....with the food in it and make sure the cat goes in all the way...you might have to move the food a little inside the carrier each time until it's at the back...then shut the door...

keep kitty, kitties in a small room with litter box...I tamed 4 of the 5 feral cats this way...they mostly hid behind the toilet, killer tolerated me in the room as long as I didn't try to touch her...she was the last to tame and she still stayed pretty wild (bit without notice, tore stuff up)
​​​
I think it's great you want to foster them!!

Frustrated, hey!! I totally get about prioritizing. I PRAY a lot for help with this. I have also counted calories, done exchanges, studied nutrition my whole life. I was so mixed up as a teenager I actually had anorexia and bulemia. I had a dss caseworker assigned to me to help me get over my fear of eating and gaining weight by teaching me about calories. I totally loved my beautiful Israeli friend...Zelda..I was throwing up everything I ate and my mom complained she didn't have the money to feed us because of that...so I stopped eating and threw up anything I tried to eat....

yes I know....that is terrible. That is how I was introduced to studying nutrition. In my defense, my mom was ALWAYS exercising, always weight training with HEAVY weights, always eating healthy organic food and she was still bigger than most people..with a lot of cellulite (she had undiagnosed liver problem)...so I saw NO HOPE.

I was a size 6, and 125 pounds at this time, and because other skinny girls my size were 105 lbs, I was convinced I was still fat. I was told my ribs were visible through my shirt and my period shut down for 6 months before I was sent to Therapy. I absolutely hated weighing at PE. Everybody would laugh because all the girls were 105 lbs and I was still 125...

Zelda taught me about calories and helped me figure out BMR and all that....so I feel like it was a life saver..I finally felt like I could control something even if it was crunching numbers all day...

They say those first 10 lbs are a huge motivation. I agree. Way to go!!!

Nancy, the flare up may be causing water retention. I pray the pain goes away! Yes, he has made a lot of mistakes, but he is still one of my babies...

Diana, I would keep up NOT using the balm and using the new mouth guard. I hope this fixes mouth problems for good

​​​​​​Granny, sounds interesting, I don't like them things...wore them during pregnancy working as a nurse.. could not even imagine running in them

Nov, are you having problems with med again???

192.2. I am chart crazy. But, as I mentioned above, I find comfort in numbers. I have weight for calories chart, avg weekly weight chart and I am thinking of doing a new pms weight chart because of my wild swings. ..I love excel.

oh I almost got the Ripley vacation package booked after cancelling the other one but my bank computer system went down today!!!

I'm so excited, I have been working out the itinerary in my head all week. Check in is not until 3:00 pm. I figure we can arrive at the motel at 11am, catch a trolley to the aquarium and a trolley back (give me a rest from driving...then we can check in..and tour the motel. The next day, I would like to take the Trolley to the historic nature trail and come back and go swimming (the motel has a waterslide pool)..then I figure we will check out and possibly go on the trolley ride one more time before we head home...there are 2 scenic routes.

Anyways, I will catch up with you ladies later.
​​
Old 08-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #137  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Jen What is the town/city you are going? I hope you can get it all worked out and it's an awesome trip.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #138  

good evening! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran an errand during my lunch break from work today. will power walk and run an errand on my way to supper tonight.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:40 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good evening. Still have some walking to do. We did some walking in a state park but DH got very hot and could not handle the heat. I am used to it but was not going to push him. When this storm goes through we are going to go out and get the remaining 8000 steps I need to meet my goal.

Today was decent - guessing about 1300 calories but more sodium than I would like because we ate out. Tomorrow will also be eating out and I am really going to focus on doing well.

You know the compression socks I got are pretty light and I guess people adjust. Sure beats the heck out of the pain my ankle feels when it swells around the peroneal tendon ......... PT told me I would always have an issue with scar tissues / arthritis / lymphatic drainage in that area. It was a pretty bad fracture about 13 years ago ............

Tomorrow is a trip with a group of freinds to Montgomery Alabama to a Musuem on Slavery. While we are not black we have black friends and think this is an important part of our heritage. So as my kids went to the holocaust museum the grandkids will be going here and I have to see if they went to the holocaust museum when they went to DC. Next Spring we are doing some American History Tripping with Williamsburg etc.

https://museumandmemorial.eji.org/

Last edited by grannynancy; 08-10-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:28 PM   #140  

Default August 2018

Hi!

Hope you are having a good day.

Thanks for your concerns/help regarding support socks. I have trouble with my ankles when I sit for long periods in the car or if I stand for long periods. Your ankles swell and then you start getting a rash... I have always had problems with my legs hurting since I was in the band in high school and had to stand in formation. (And I was skinny.) Oh, I found out I was on meds that make your legs swell. (I wish I had known that before I had knee problems...that started with swelling in the back of the knee...Anyway, I am interested in the socks for traveling and walking. I think I had support hose when I was young and they were hard to get on and not so comfortable... I think swimming really helps with the legs...but sometimes a pool is not available.

One of my cats was from a shelter. I am thinking about getting another purebred "hybrid" and a second cat to be decided upon later. I have an acquaintance who fosters kittens. She says there is a lot of fighting that goes on as to who gets to foster the kittens that come in to the shelter. There's a vet in my town that has a van and goes out and spays/neuters ferals. She also has her own clinic and shelter and lots of volunteers. I thought about volunteering...but you have to have a rabies vaccine. I think all the shelters in my area are no kill unless there is a really serious health problem. Sometimes cats are transported to my state from other states that do not have no kill policies.

Oh, I live in western PA. I think it is pretty nice here...no gators in the water...My brother encountered a bear while biking, but I have never encountered any. A bear wandered into a Sears across the river a number of years ago. It made national news and some relatives in Alaska got a kick out of that. I have never encountered any rattlesnakes or copperhead, but they are supposed to be around. Some people claim cougars may be back. but it is not confirmed. I saw a coyote once in my neighborhood. I think deer come through the backyard every week, if not every day...Today I saw a doe and two fawns. They are not afraid of me...

DIET: Not so great. I need to use that food mover and not eat "other people's food".

EXERCISE: I filled a basket with weeds this am and swam 30 laps this afternoon, and did some knee exercises. I did not get much done today. I really should have gone back out and worked in the yard...I feel a lot better if I get some things accomplished.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #141  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1615 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (770 Calories)
3 coconut fried shrimp 270 calories
small sirloin 300 calories
2 orders steamed veggies steamed plain 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits Hi-Lo, Upper body w/10's, Lower Body w/10's
I am having SI joint pain again. I am going to try to do the workout on Barbara Benaugh's DVD that's for that particular issue.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Diana, Gatlinburg, TN. I got it booked today. A few more kinks to work out bUT hopefully will get them settled.

Terri, no gators in the water is a plus. Relatives in Alaska? Do you get to visit. I saw black bears in upstate NY and I've had one ransack our campsite before...rabies vaccine???? Is it just one shot?

Granny, I'm glad they work for you. They did help with my veiny legs during pregnancy. Poor dh. You are such a trooper. I totally dislike the sun beaming down on me...never have liked the feel of it unless I'm cold...my skin hates it and I get prickly heat so easy. I think history lessons are great.

1606 Cal for today....did not eat my salad with dinner tonight though...oops
Old 08-11-2018, 12:40 AM   #143  
Warrior Princess

Hey ladies, I'm not really having "problems" with Zoloft but it definitely makes weightloss more challenging. I'm down to 25mgs but I didn't know you could take it every other day as someone mentioned, that's probably not something I'd try though since I'm mainly taking them to stop panic attacks. Those are awful but eventually I'm done with pills. I never truly believed SSRI'S could affect weight but guess what. 🙄🙄 *Sigh*

I'm hoping by next year I can stop taking them but right now I just can't. It is what it is, right?

Anywho, I'm still on a Jillian mission and doing my best. Progress is painfully slow.

I have to work in the morning so off to bed. Goodnight.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:18 AM   #144  

good morning! fell asleep watching dateline. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:01 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. 158.0 same
Did not get my steps yesterday - fell short about 150 but that is ok.
DH made the coffee this morning Note to self. Don't do that again. Tastes ike water.
Breakfast and Lunch packed. We are eating supper on the road. Probably won't log until Sunday evening again after my search call.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:15 AM   #146  

good morning again! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #147  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Barbara Benagh for hip, lower back and SI joint
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1615 +
Weigh In: 189.8
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 11
Luke 7:50
And he said to the woman, 'Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

'
God will help us as we diet, but the weight of the responsibility still lies with us. We have to really want to lose weight. God will not do it for us. Faith is the key to unlocking God's power in our lives. When we put our faith in God, He is able to lead us in new ways. He fills us with strength, courage, purpose, and the will to succeed. God has already placed those qualities in each one of us. Faith is our way of allowing God to show us how to use what we've already got. Let us remain open to God so we can succeed in losing the weight that doesn't need to be there.

Today's thought: God has given me everything I need to fight fat!
Old 08-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #148  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, all! Coming at you from my friend's beach cabin in Cape Cod. It's kind of fantastic, even though weather is supposed to be kind of damp today. Drove up last night - got here around 9:30PM, then went for a cocktail afterwards. It was a mixed something called "Summer in a glass" and it was a mix of basil, lemonade, vodka, triple sec and finished off with regular soda. Wish I'd asked for seltzer instead of soda, but that ingredient wasn't listed. Figure all in, it was probably 10 - 15 grams of sugar. It's nagging me, but I'm determined to focus on the things that I can control and look forward.

Food has not been that bad at all - focusing on nutrition and getting in those veggies. Dinner on the road last night was deli turkey, baby peppers, and potato chips. If you look for them, there are tons of healthy options everywhere. Plan for today is fluid and I'm excited to see what comes!

Sending everyone love!!!!
Old 08-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #149  

just had breakfast a few minutes ago. will go for a power walk and run an errand in a few more minutes. update on the stray/feral cat situation underneath my shed. the mother cat has moved on.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #150  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Quick fly by this am
WI I am not going to weigh today, yesterday I drank my usual amount of water all day but had very little 'output' so I am thinking I am retaining a great deal of fluid. I don't want the disappointment of the scale to get me down on a Saturday LOL

Anyway I am off for the day everyone enjoy your weekend!! my treat hehehehehe
Closed Thread