Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 160.2 new low and down an amazing 4.8 lbs for the week. The 6 miles every morning is grueling but between that and sticking with under 1200 calories a day it seems to be working. AND getting good nutrition .

Had a good time with the grandkids. We went out to eat first and they were good, ordering water to drink and I was concerned their meal was too big (it was) but I am not going to give them the "clean your plate" lecture I got. May suggest next time they want the same thing, they could split an entree and get more if still hungry. Dave and Busters was everything I expected. Ick. Chuckee Cheese for older kids and grownups. Well glad we did not eat there and I put $20 on their cards and when it was going it was gone (and it went fast). No complaints on their end though. They would like to go tubing in Helen, GA so I am seeing if there is a day before school starts we can go. There is also a great waterfall near there that is quite a little hike but worth it. I will check into that.

Jen - about the only problem I have is if I eat too much non kefirized or yogurtized dairy, I tend to get stuffed up nose. Otherwise no issues.

Teri - cool about the food mover. I remember those and it is one thing I never tried.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:09 AM   #77  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

grannynancy Have you ever been to Helen, GA? I have never been and I'm wanting to go there in the Fall.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #78  

just got back from power walking and running errands a few minutes ago. will go for another power walk in a few minutes.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:33 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
grannynancy Have you ever been to Helen, GA? I have never been and I'm wanting to go there in the Fall.
I have not been in a number of years but yes. It is a fun place. It was even a tourist thing when I was in college in the 70s. That is how I know about the great waterfall. We used to spend a lot of time in the North GA mountains (I went to UGA and our church group did a lot of camping and hiking with us)
Old 08-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #80  

will be going for a power walk in a few minutes. going to check on some houses for my sister and brother-in-law.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:58 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 288/288/160

Default Introduction

Hi y'all! I'm joining in this August accountability thread a little late, hope that's ok.

I'm fat, and trying to lose weight because finally at 54 I feel bad carrying all this weight around. Never really bothered me until the last year, but now I'm pretty physically miserable. Creeping up on 300 lbs was an eye opener, so here I am.

I'm trying to figure out a sugar free chocolate sauce for my morning coffee. I have to give up the sugar, as I know it triggers binge eating. Those Dunkin Donut mocha iced coffees are my downfall!

I tried Keto, which I loved loved loved, and it was very satisfying and hunger killing. But, it caused colon issues, so had to stop that. I've done the liquid diet too. After the first 3 days, it's very easy, but not a lifestyle I want to continue forever, but I do have a stock pile of the shakes that I will use on a daily basis for lunch or snacks.

More later, thanks for letting me join!
Old 08-06-2018, 12:31 PM   #82  

good afternoon! welcome iced coffee! I track my food, water and exercise on MyFitnessPal.com. it helps considerably. just got back from power walking and running errands a few minutes ago.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 288/288/160

I highly recommend the Happy Scale app for tracking weight loss. It tracks your weight daily, weekly, whatever you wish and then averages it out. I LOVE not getting that crappy feeling when my weight spikes up one day. It has goals you can set and different ways to average your weight loss. Give it a try it's free!

This is my first few days trying to eat better so I've stocked up on fresh broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage along with salad fixings. I'm filling up my plate with the fresh veggies, more than regular servings I'm sure. But I want to be really full so I don't get any crazy ideas about snacking. I always skip breakfast, I don't care what people say, it does not help me lose weight. It simply sets me up to be hungrier all day.

Basically, I'm doing IF, with eating period 12-6pm, which means I'm eating lunch and dinner. Today is a big lunch of steamed veggies and shrimp with lemon juice. Dinner will be the same - tons of veggies, maybe a salad with smoked salmon and a ginger dressing.

Who was asking about Helen Ga? I'm not too far from there. It's a fun weekend or day trip. I'm way too fat to float down the river on tubes, but it's a lot of fun if you are in decent shape.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:34 PM   #84  
Warrior Princess

I'm so frustrated. I'm worried as long as I'm on Zoloft I'm going to have a spare tire. Eventually I can stop taking it but not right now.. Few more months. Hopefully I can prove myself wrong and can beat the bulge while still on it. 🤞🤞 I know I've said it before but it's more like major water retention vs actual fat.

Jillian again tonight. 💪
Old 08-06-2018, 02:17 PM   #85  

iced coffee, I use measuring cups and spoons. helps a lot. will be going for a power walk in a few minutes. will take an umbrella with me.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:44 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

HI all back down to 191.6, I hope that I can keep losing while pm sing but if I bounce around within 3 lbs

Iced coffee, hi, almost the same thing...but I follow the carb addicts diet AND fit it into an IF window. I mostly skip breakfast too as it also tends to make me hungrier. I also avg my weights. Thanks for the app suggestion because I do it myself in excel.

granny CONGRATS ON THE NEW LOW!!!!

ciecie, have fun, glad the umbrella is handy. It's trying to rain here...it missed us but is actually now back building

nov, I understand your frustration, c sections did a number on my tummy

Terri, my Aunt had some kind of slider thing when I was a teenager, I loved playing with it. .cool tool. Terri, your basement and closet banishing makes me chuckle...glad you will enjoy some watermelon, better than strudel.

Diana. What a devotion. I've looked at girl scout cookies that way before...then I ate them all. At least on THIS diet I would just take 3-4 and pUT them towards my reward meal...

hungry today. Much harder to diet with pms.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:49 PM   #87  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all
WI same 170.0 with flashed back to 168 so it will happen again. No workout today is planned I have messed my knee up somehow. Anyway yesterdays Summer-giving meal was terrific everything was light. Large salad with all kinds of veggie toppings, the heaviest thing was the potato salad and I only ate a spoonful.

Iced Coffee welcome. Waldens makes a pretty good 0 calorie/sugar chocolate syrup but it is a bit $$
novangel, hang in there in a few months you will be able to gt off the Zoloft (fingers crossed)
granny congrats on your new low (again lol)
ciecie I have used myfitnesspal in the past and even had over 700 straight days until one year a snowstorm knocked out our power and I did not have access to my phone so I lost that whole long streak after that I just quit logging there.
Terri so glad you got some swimming in, that counters the strudel LOL
Diana congrats on you 1lb down!

Last edited by nancylmrn; 08-06-2018 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:36 PM   #88  

good evening! got a lot accomplished today inspite of the heat and humidity. will go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:59 PM   #89  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Iced Coffee Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken breast, order of steamed mixed veggies, order of steamed broccoli 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits - weights premix w/10's
Old 08-06-2018, 11:09 PM   #90  

good might! went for a power walk after supper. my fitness goals for today have been attained. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Closed Thread