Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 01:23 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies.

Diana, you must like anatto...

granny CONGRATS ON THE NEW LOW!!!

a size 0 is really small. I know people in size 0. At my smallest I was a size 6 and that was super skinny with ribs showing alot.

Nancy I would be in "curvy" too at old navy...when did they start that? So is that a new low for you?
currently in some size 14s but they have some stretch to them...

ciecie...I think you zoomed by. I waved.

hiya chunk, join us!

ok, so today is a NEW LOW!!!

193.0. My app has stopped poopooing my efforts and is giving me little congrats messages...

193.0 today which is .8 down from yesterday.

I'm going to get some coffee in me and go to Walmart and get my tire plugged if I can...

I will most likely just eat dinner earlier today since I have had nothing yet. It will be another OMAD thing

Last edited by jendiet; 07-19-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

I did wind up having to put a belt on the 14s. I have no patootie (will it block patootie?) Trying to get one. Built like a man - long waist, short legs, long arms. When I was younger I would be mistaken for a boy. I like clothes to fit loose and forgot they do stretch out a bit after you wear them a few hours....So a 12 probably would have fit.

Sizes have changed over the years significantly. When I was a 1973 size 10, I thought I was fat. This shows how our waistlines have been expanding over the decades and our sizes have morphed as well

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cec6cd67ec25

Of course because I have lost 100lbs from a place where I was for decades, I have a significant "Pannus" or "apron" that takes up space. Same thing with my "bat wings". Given my age, I doubt it will shrink and surgery may be an option. Going to speak with a plastic surgeon and maybe target next summer. By then, a teammate should have his cadaver dog certified and another her live find dog and I can step back from the team for a bit.

Jendiet Congrats on the new low!

Last edited by grannynancy; 07-19-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #258  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Jen The annatto is the food coloring in cheese and lots of other stuff. I have never used annatto on it's own. In looking through my stuff in the house, it was in a lutein eye supplement I was taking and I have since stopped. It's in crackers, salad dressings, condiments, anything that has a light orange/yellow color. Crazy!
Old 07-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #259  

good afternoon! just got back from power walking and running an errand. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:07 PM   #260  
Warrior Princess

Yesterday I decided would be a rest day so back on with Jillian tonight. 👍

Today I made stuffed bell peppers for dinner. Yummy.

Be back tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #261  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

jen, no that is not a new low for me, if you take another 10lbs off then it would be a new low in the past 7 years. Before that 153.0 would be a low. And if you really want to have a laugh I thought I was fat at 125.0 back in my 20's and 30's. It was not until I hit early 40's stopped smoking and had to take b/p meds that I gained 40lbs in a year. I complained to my Dr. and he kept poo pooing me. I changed Dr.'s. Then came the mid 40's and things slowed down, then the start of menopause, more slowing and poof this is where I ended up.

BTW I was working out yesterday by the free weights as was another much younger, slimmer female. We said hello, you know the polite stuff then she totally surprised me and asked if I had target areas that were hard for me to get rid of because she was struggling with her waist...I just pointed to my own round waist and said of course I do. She surprised me then by saying how good I looked implying that I was strong and toned.

So no workout tonight. Got a call from DH (he works a mile from me) asking what was a good hospital to go to...what????...oh yeah I rushed to his work, he refinishes furniture, well thumb vs. table saw, end of thumb lost. Rushed him to ER there was not much they could do but x-ray and determined he did not hit the bone, then clean it the best they could and bandage him up. It will take months for it to heal well but right now it is the risk of infection. He lost his entire thumb pad....guess that means no finger print either ...ok that was a sick joke.

I will check back in tomorrow morning
Old 07-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #262  

good evening! nancylmrn, so sorry your husband got hurt. I went for a power walk after supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:49 PM   #263  

Diana are you allergic to anatto? I actually need to buy some to make a spanish dish with my grandma, it's like a tamale and we use it to color the corn flour.
I have been doing ok these past days.... I am reading this book someone recommended on this forum, and for some crazy reason it resonated with me (NEVER BINGE AGAIN).... my first goal is to stop snacking.... I actually eat pretty well, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.,,, my problem is eating junk after 4:00 pm and then late at night.... so I am trying to use the technique explain if the book to stop snacking and overeating. It seems to be working.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:04 PM   #264  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Nancy I pray your DH heals quickly.

Carla I'm not sure about the annatto. I am getting food/allergy testing tomorrow. I hope we can get to the bottom of things since I have been dealing with this issue for 10 years.

Total Approx 1315 Calories +

Breakfast (200 calories + )
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Fage 0% 90 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Melon chunks 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
grilled chicken Caesar wrap w/BHF's ranch not Caesar dressing 700 calories

Exercise:
15 minutes of Tae Bo (had to stop because a customer came in and then didn't have time to finish) after 1 mile walk

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-19-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:55 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Omg, Nancy, awesome on the compliment, but I pray DH thumb heals fast. Poor thing.

gran, I have never had a problem with a patootie. I am mostly arms and legs and shorter waisted (I have trouble seeing over steering wheel...I always hated that because so much harder to stay flat stomached...I have a pooch that I'm hoping doesnt become a pannus

I would still recognize your new lows in this time frame.

Diana, omg, so yes take some with you. It is your big day. I hope everything you need answers to is revealed without incident

Carla cooking with gma sounds nice, I hope the book helps...I was a Binger too....

nov, glad you are resting..

great job ciecie..

I had a decent dinner...so weird how I just can't eat some things anymore, without trying....I tried to eat gobs toppers yesterday and it felt sickeningly sweet. Then today I put 1/2 hagen daz back in the freezer. I also bought a small fry but only ate a 1/4 of them...

I'm so glad my taste buds are being healed. I also saw where xylitol kills off candida and it really is horrible how an organism can make you crave sugar but it does....I wonder if that is what is killing my cravings plus my insulin levels are more steady now...

did a little in the flower beds today and my roses are making a come back...healthy enough to fertilize. I think I will do that tomorrow. I also got some neem oil as well...I used neem in Greenwood.

good night

***1121 cals**for the day

Last edited by jendiet; 07-19-2018 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:17 PM   #266  

good evening! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:59 PM   #267  
Warrior Princess

I got Jillian done, I think it's time to move on to the next level. Ugh. More agony.

Nancy, sorry about your hubby but better the pad than the whole thumb.

I think I might be having signs that menopause is coming and I'm both happy and dreading it. Also, I know how pills can affect weight and dealing with Doctors that don't believe anything we say. I know my Zoloft caused me to gain which it's known for but I'm curious as to what my cardiologist is going to say when he finds out I cut my Lipitor in half. Lipitor gave me ridiculous fatigue for years. He probably won't believe me but I'm no longer tired since I cut them back several months ago. 🤷 I'm to the point that I don't want to take anything but some meds are unavoidable.

Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow.

Last edited by novangel; 07-20-2018 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:57 AM   #268  

good morning! novangel, I took estrogen due to a hysterectomy. it did effect my weight and cholesterol. when I went off it, the cholesterol went down but the weight didn't. will work out and have breakfast in a few minutes,
Old 07-20-2018, 07:53 AM   #269  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Today is the big day! I just pray I can get to the bottom of things with the food reactions. It shocked me how my lips blew up with the lip balm. It's been months since I had that happen. I think I will be in a much better place if I can figure out what causes the reactions. It stresses me every day. I have noticed that I haven't had as many hives this week. I still have them but it was better this week over last.

Last night: Full Body Standing Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1315 +
Weigh In: 190
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

I love today's devotion.
Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

July 20
Philippians 3:14
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Stan lived to please people. He served his church, his job, and his family with total devotion. He was continually asking what he could do for others. There was nothing Stan would not do in order to please someone else. Stan had never worried about his weight until one Sunday when the pastor read that his body was the Lord's temple. From that day forward, Stan worked to make it a fit and healthy temple. Not only was God pleased at Stan's desire to improve himself, but He was also pleased by the example Stan set for others.

Today's thought: I can actually glorify God just by losing weight!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-20-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:30 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good morning. Fast swing through. Work Deadlines 165.2 slight bump up. Normal swing

Food planned for the day. Walking started but not complete.
Closed Thread