Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2018, 04:13 AM   #1  

Default What's going on?

I recently decided to cut unhealthy snacks out of my diet on weekdays. I used to be eating at least 2 packets of crisps and 3 chocolate bars on a good day but at the expense of proper meals.
So now I'm having all-bran for breakfast, sandwich or soup for lunch and just a normal meal for tea (not a massive portion or something like pizza). If I want a snack, it'll be raspberries/apple/ pomegranates I also don't go crazy at weekends but will have some chocolate.

I've been doing this for 2 weeks. Energy-wise I feel great. Feeling much healthier overall but I got on the scales and have gained 10lbs in 2 weeks. Why?
Chunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Chunks. Welcome to 3FatChicks. I can't tell you why you would gain 10 lbs in 2 weeks. I suggest you sign up for a free online tracker such as Fitday or My Fitness Pal. Enter all the foods you eat each day being sure to enter the correct portion you are eating, such as cups, ounces, etc. This way you will see exactly how many calories you are eating. Also, try taking a walk each day or some other exercise. It doesn't have to be extreme, just make sure you are moving for 30 minutes or more.

Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:15 PM   #3  
mjf

You didn't give a lot of detail about your diet, so it's hard to give feedback.

I don't think All Bran is the best choice for breakfast. If you look at the ingredients, you'll see that the 2nd ingredient is sugar.
What type of sandwiches do you eat? Is the bread 100% whole grain? If you have meat in your sandwiches, I suggest avoiding processed meat.
What type of soup do you eat?
What type of normal meal do you eat?
Do you eat vegetables? You should be eating a lot of vegetables.
How much chocolate do you eat?
If you gained 10lbs in 2 weeks, some of it may be water weight. Do you eat a lot of salty foods? I suggest aiming for less than 1500mg sodium per day.

Last edited by mjf; 06-06-2018 at 10:17 PM.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:50 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I agree with wannabehealthy about tracking. You don't have to do it forever, but it does help to get some idea of how many calories you're taking in. 10 pounds in 2 weeks seems drastic, so it might be that you are eating more in terms of portion sizes than you realize.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:30 AM   #5  

I gotta agree with the calorie comments, I truly think the first culprit would be those calories getting away from you. Even if you dont get a calories tracker app, you can track them on a physical notepad of some sort. You can always find the calories on the nutrition facts and if not then you can go online for a search on how many calories are in whatever food.
triddler80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #6  

I want to lose wight but its so hard. im lazy and i love candy. help me
Emma123321 is offline   Reply With Quote