Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #46  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!
WI the same 165.4 and I saw a flash of 166 I have been o/p so not sure the why? I am so praying that I will see a drop and go below 165 before Sunday Since this drop I am now more motivated than ever to lose. You know it has only been gain gain gain since September.

Anyway, I was going to start my 4 week weight training yesterday but got derailed (I know I know I am so easily distracted at times) So have it set to start next Monday.

Tonight I am going to try something new for dinner, lentil meatless loaf, using green and red lentils, onion, pepper, carrot and a bit of oats to bind we will see. We try to go meatless a few days a week and I just discovered lentil curry this weekend and now I am embracing them 100%

Well off to the races (LOL the office) hope to be back later hugs all around
Old 04-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #47  
Warrior Princess

Hey everyone I did 40 minutes on the stairmaster last night and then came home and threw out my back. 🙄 No idea how long I'm going to be out of commission for but hopefully only a few days.

I'm going to chime in with a little unsolicited advice so feel free to ignore if you don't like what I have to say, but I feel compelled to say something when I read people using really unhealthy methods when trying to lose weight. You should never eat below 1,200 calories. Your body only needs to be at a 500 calorie deficit per day to lose 1p of fat a week, and eating below that WILL cause yo-yo weight gain and then some because it's not sustainable. Your body your choice but in the long run it's not effective for keeping weight off. This isn't judgment, it's genuine concern.

Have a good one, ladies.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Novangel, I hope your back heals quickly. There is actually a published article about how 5:2 and similar diets are extremely beneficial in the long run for keeping your bmr higher while dieting. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12724520

Nancy, time to focus on non scale victories! I lover lentils.

Gettinfit, I've hiked stone Mountain it is a nice hike and gets your heart rate up for sure

Flower, this is what I'm scared my mom will try to do, she doesn't know how to count calories and once she starts losing she gets afraid to eat...I am convinced with the scientific evidence a's proof that diets such as 5:2 are beneficial and work. I don't get scared to eat on my off days like my mom...but I have experience and control because I know how to count calories

Teri, great on the exercise and I love Aldis

Afm, I got to both A workout and B organize this room

I joined a meet and greet App called Meet Me. I love how people interact with each other. Some of these people however are proving I'm too old for that scene. All crazy.

Not too late for love though, I think this one is the most chill I've been to.

Food wise, I picked some higher calorie options today.

I had a new scale low of 195.8 but I need to see how the salt in the ham will affect me, drinking lots of water, so that will help

Last edited by jendiet; 04-04-2018 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Research article link added
Old 04-04-2018, 08:25 PM   #49  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Jen Congrats on the new low!

Novangel
I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon.

Total Approx 1535 Calories +

Breakfast (420 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
Mango fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)

2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
melon, orange, or other fruit 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled shrimp & BHF's ranch 700

Exercise:

KCM's Plateau Buster - combined workouts - w/3's, 5's, & 8's
Old 04-04-2018, 08:42 PM   #50  
Work in Progress

Good evening
Oh nooo novangle I am so sorry your back went out...stretch slow and deliberate

jendiet it is always good to meet others even for support, friendship and just a different opinion now and again

Diana your meals are always consistent and I love that...I am that gal that you hear the ole saying 'who moved my cheese' I like knowing exacting what I am eating and can pretty much eat the same meal plan over and over and over.

So I have this lentil loaf in the oven cooking, I used lentils I cooked on Sunday so prep time was pretty quick. I diced the onion, pepper, carrots, celery before leaving for work this am so all I had to do was saute and assemble, so far it is smelling delicious. Wish you all could smell it from here

Sad news is today I did not eat on plan for breakfast or lunch....usually I eat breakfast/lunch combo at 1pm today I was too early to go into the office and I went to MCD and ordered a breakfast burrito and ate it at 8am yikes, then I ate a lunch at 1pm of chicken teriyaki bowl...so way off plan. Of course my lentil loaf will have to wait until tomorrow for me to eat since I have passed that 8 hour eating mark...sigh such is life

See you all in the am
Old 04-04-2018, 09:11 PM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

Nancy I usually just rotate with the proteins at dinner. It's just easy and I don't have to think about it. My DH is just the opposite. He gets bored with his foods easily and is always wanting something different. He always pokes fun (not in a bad way) at my food, especially my breakfast and lunch. He says I eat cardboard sandwiches at lunch. Enjoy the lentil loaf tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:19 AM   #52  

hi everyone. I hope you had a good Wednesday

Nancylmrn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
flower I had no idea you had lost 108lbs and here I am whining about 25 sheesh gibbs smack me please!
while having THAT much to lose was daunting for me, I think that any amount of weight is also difficult. you will lose it. Sometimes it is an up and down, discouraging process. But eventually you will get there.

Diana Congrats on the 1.4 loss !!

Doitforme Sounds like you will be fine going off plan for a day. The rest of the time you stayed around 1200 and you did the treadmill. Great that you are going on a cruise with your sister and BIL and niece. Glad you are close, spending each weekend with them. I am thinking of you during this time.

jendiet great that you banished the easter candy to the top of the closet. That would never work for me. I needed to put my cocoa powder where I would need to move things and drag the very heavy step ladder down the stairs to the garage. Your way is so much simpler

Teri you could buy 2 tacos and only have one for dinner? I could NEVER leave an uneaten taco. So I bow at your dicipline. re Trader Joe's, I pretty much save money shopping there. Most of the things I need are cheaper there. Have to get chicken and spring mix at Costco. Cabbage and cashew milk someplace else. Wherever its the cheapest. IDK what Aldi's is. We don't have them in Vermont. I watched Cat vs dog. Its different. But I am a big Jackson Galaxy fan. so thanks for the tip re: that. Also it was followed by a show called "too cute" It was about kittens and a couple of dogs. I was hooked.

GetinFit. Thanks for the congrats on the 108 lbs. Being a maintainer is not easy. Always a threat of gaining. But I seem to do pretty well staying within normal range. Gongrats on staying on plan for 3 days. I bet tomorrow you will experience more of a loss due to the climb you did on Tuesday. Sometimes something strenuous like that can cause a bit of fluid retention.

stlrsgrl yes i cant wait for warmer weather. We are expecting snow on Friday. I hope buying the 50 dollar treadmill works out for you.

I forgot to weigh in this morning before my very large cup of coffee. But I think I lost.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday !!!!

Last edited by flower123; 04-05-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:32 AM   #53  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
143.3 this morning

Well, we adopted a dog yesterday. He needed a home and we needed a dog. His name is Willie. He's older, estimated at 8 or 9, in good shape, likes to walk. He's some kind of beagle/jack Russell/daschund who knows mix. Great disposition for us.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old 04-05-2018, 08:03 AM   #54  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

kelijpa Congrats on the new addition! I hope you have many years of happiness together.

Last night: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1535 +
Weigh In: 191.8
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 5

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Leah was still terribly overweight. She had tried dozens of diets, none of which had made an impact. She attended church regularly, and she prayed continually for God to help her with her problem. She realized that she wasn't ready deep down inside, so she often ignored the voice of her conscience and the comfort of her prayers. Leah lived from day to day asking God's forgiveness and resolving to try harder in the future. She told her friends, 'When I'm ready, I know God will be there, and I know He will help me lose all the weight I need to.'

Today's thought: Lord, make me ready to lose weight!
Old 04-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #55  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

Kelijpa - Congrats on your new doggie. I'm sure you're going to enjoy him.

Diana - Congrats on your loss.

Jen - Yes, I love walking at Stone Mountain and it is a great workout. I live only 10 mins away. I hope your back heals soon.

Flower - Thanks for the motivation and yes, I was down another pound today. It's nice to see my hard work this week pay off.

I am down another pound today to 211. My eating has been good and I've been exercising every day. I also need to work on my patience and take it 1 pounds at a time. I am in such a hurry to get down to 165-170 but I have to keep reminding myself that it will NOT happen over night and focus on losing 1 pound at a time. I also have to work harder to stop the Yoyoing. This time the gain wasn't as bad but I shouldn't have had a gain at all.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

Today's Log

B: 1 pk Quaker instant grits, 3 sl Canadian bacon, coffee
L: Tuna on pumpernickel w/1 sliced tomato, WW Pretzel Blast bar
D: Shrimp, salad, RF dressing, 1 pc Dove dark choc
S: handful of peanuts, orange
Exercise: Walk
Old 04-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #56  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all!
WI up as I suspected it would be 166.0 so I will push my water for the next few days I am really disappointed in myself for the slip up yesterday but then I have to remind myself it was one day and .6 lbs of most likely sodium.

kelijpa what is your new family members name?

Diana yeah the scale is going in the right direction

flower123
thank you for the insight on your weight loss journey

I will get to the rest of the personal later today hugs all around
Old 04-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #57  

Smile APRIL 2018--down a tad, tad, tad!

Hello Everyone!

Novangel: What a bummer messing up your back. Hope it is "nothing"!
GettingFit and Jen: Hiking Stone Mtn sound like a lot of fun. I have never seen that...or Mt. Rushmore...
Flower: I am used to splitting my meal in half when I go to a nice restaurant. It is just a habit. Sometimes I eat the rest two hours later, sometimes the next meal time, and if I am really on top of it...the next day. I used to cut up a piece of chocolate and make it last an hour...I am not so good with the jelly beans. I felt really guilty about buying a fried chicken taco and wondered if the salt/fat was going to make me sick...

I like TooCute, too...
Aldi's and TJ's are owned by a Germ. corp. Aldi's is a small discount regular grocery store and TJ's is small discount health food grocery store. I really like Aldi's for the produce. I can get a bag full of items at Aldi's as the same price for a few items at TJ's. But TJ's has some really nice stuff--like unsalted nuts, unsalted tomato sauce, etc.

Stirs: It is a really unusual cold April for PA. We are having snow flurries right now. I had two sweatshirts and then I got on a winter coat from the car when I went walking.

Keli: I am sending you some puppylove for your new doggy.

Diet was okay yesterday...nothing major off track: some gummies, some marsh mellows, some crackers.
Exercise okay: a 30 min walk and the usual house exercises.

225/210.5/210
Old 04-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Keli, congrats on the new dog and wow what a sweetheart! Most people won't tale home an older dog. I see you had a drop again

Terri, way to go staying on track. I would have had a problem with splitting or saving, but having 500 kcal day is helping with that.

Nancy, yes water weight you can go up so much so easily with water and it's your body's major defense from too much sodium, stress (muscle building), etc. Not to mention the whoosh effect (water fills up where fat used to be and then is expelled in a "whoosh" of weight loss)

Flower, wow. You and Diana are so inspirational! You even fought through a 25 lb yoyo to get where you are. That gives me hope. I worked my way to a very fit 175-180 before I got pregnant with my 6 year old...I worked on losing weight after his birth but 18 months later I was pregnant with my 4 year old ..I didn't gain as much with him...I logged 217 on Jan 2014, shortly after Seth was born.

Hiding in the house ashamed of how my ex and my teen were acting and working night shift and taking care of two in diapers left me with no motivation and worse I started binging...

My worst gain came when I stopped eating vegan/organic and started binging on crap food all the time...before that I was 145 lbs.

I was 135 when I was 17, 165 in my 20s before I switched to vegan organic.

Gettin, that is so cool u live 10 min away. I went to a Braves game a long time ago and that is when we hiked cause it was literally across the way.

Yay Diana for your steadiness! I love your inspirational posts

Doitforme, yes you are still going in the right direction

Ciecie-holler out to you!!!

Stlr, a 50 dollar treadmill? I hope it is working great, that is awesome though. I always tell myself if I got a treadmill I would do it, but I find that exercise boring...unless you can do games with it, speaking of which...I loved the wii because it had workout games! I could also run on my mini rebounder in the middle of the room and I raced for points and prizes...

Granny, I hope testing is going ok, I know it's starting. Please check in

Nancy, I'm losing weight in chunks, so we are doing this thing together...I love the support of 3fc. I'm a senior member because they were there for me pre-6 year old weight loss, post 6 year old birth weight loss and they were here for me through what my ex was putting me through especially Diana.

Ok, now. ..

I went to bed chatting with people on meet me, I shared my faith with some, got grossed out by others...but I realized how little confidence I have as always....

Then I started reading my weight loss trends...and my phone likes to tell me how I have lost 21 lbs since Jan 2014. It also tells me I am losing weight slower than average...blah blah.

I wake up on a hormonal roller coaster of being horny and depressed I have no one to scratch my itch for me...

My phone is dead...my mind is everywhere and I slept in..

So...I get up have a sip of coffee and am like maybe I should weigh myself...

So am so tempted to beat myself when that lovely small voice says "take your measurements"

This ladies is why I hate the scale...

Mar 8. Apr 5

Pooch 44. 42
Belly button. 41.5. 38
Hips. 43. 39.5
Bicep. 13.5. 12
Thigh. 24. 23
Calf. 16. 15.5
Chest (ribs) 36. 35
Neck. 14. 14

Yes, I lose faster on certain areas...but it's been a month and my body is reshaping nicely but that scale is like...nope not much going on. I've lost 13 inches altogether of FAT. it takes much more fat (space wise)to weigh a lb than it does muscle...so the scale is just going to show meager drops when really whole body remodeling of fat stores is going on. That is also why I love 5:2 because it is a proven fat melter....

So carry on weight loss warriors and don't let the scaLe have the last word!!!
Old 04-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Well, the treadmill sold before I could get to it, then I found another one and it sold as well so still looking.
Keli, congrats on the new family member.
Novangel, I know how you feel, it wasn't that long ago, I did something to my back as well, hoping for a speedy recovery.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:01 PM   #60  

Hey everyone.
Weight up this morning. Oh well. Always hope for tomorrow's weigh in

Novangel I don't know how I missed your post when I was doing personals last night. I hope your back recovers soon
Re calories, I agree with you. However, I am almost 67 years old. And not active physically, currently, due to my feet and chronic inflammation condition. So I burn calories much more slowly than younger or active people. In years past, before I joined 3fc I dieted in unhealthy ways. Doing this is always seriously unhealthy thinking. And my body suffered for it. I have question the safety of Zero carb diets. I cannot understand how that's any healthier than a profoundly low calorie diet. When asked, I encourage all dieters to always think of nutrition and health. Please know this!!!

Kelijpa, congrats on your new guy Willie. I hope he is a great family member and Buddy.

I ate my 2 serving size bag of cheese crisps. I am still craving. And it's not quite yet time for my next meal. Trying to hang in there. Skipped the candy sample at Trader Joe's. Yes!!!
IDK if I should say this but honestly I am feeling hangry and sad.

I may step back from this community again for a while. I always eventually return. Eventually. And please know I will be thinking of you all with much caring.
Blessings <3

Last edited by flower123; 04-05-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Closed Thread