Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2018, 08:30 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

So I went for a walk finally. No where near Ciecie''s 5 mph...but I walked 1 mile in 18 min 13 sec. We have hills and I utilized them for HIIT.

I DO NOT think I will exercise on a 500 calorie day because I am STARVING. if I didn't have gum, it would be bad. I chew gum when the cravings get too bad...but tomorrow is a regular day so I can get through this. They are having a brisket dinner at my church. I am going to help some and eat there too.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #227  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1535 Calories +

Breakfast (420 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
Mango fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
melon, orange, or other fruit 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 small/thin grilled pork chops/2 orders steamed broccoli 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Home Gym Intervals workout 1 w/5's & 8's

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-16-2018 at 10:18 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #228  

Hi all
Jendiet I cannot imagine eating 500 calories a day. It must be so difficult. I admire your ability to do that. How many days a week do you do it? Hope you get some well needed sleep tonight. Do you have arch support inserts for your walking shoes? I have fallen arches. But I do not use the arch supports.

GrannyNancy Thank you for the explanation about the dogs. The certification sounds grueling. Sounds like Beau was born to work. Tilly sounds great also. Being bred as a service animal for Autistic people, she must have a different temperament even though it was not the right job for her.
Re clear cutting the treas to build condos, I am so sorry. I live in the only city in Vermont that favors developers and commerce over people. So the city will do all they can to push through developments regardless of what it does to quality of life for other residents. The legal distance required between developments, homes etc is horrifying. I cannot remember exactly what it is. Sigh. When healthy trees are cut down my heart just cries. I need to start doing bentonite again. But timing is key. Because it does impeded absorption of nutrients. Yes, silica is very important. Especially these days.

Diana, I hope you will not judge yourself during this "experiment" journey. I admire what you are doing. Have you ever looked into Ipsab tincture for mouth? It is what Edgar Cayce recommended for oral gum care, in his readings. (not to get all woo on you. But then again, that's me) Great re: the .2 loss

Ciecie, as always I admire your fittness goals. and how you meet them

Nancylrmn happy birthday to your mom!! I hope she has a great birthday

Teri congratulations on the "tad" loss

Today I had a 1lb loss. I will be excited if the loss holds. Could have been a quirk.
Today the samples at Trader Joe's were fattening. Bread with kerry gold butter, corned beef and cheese. But the cheese was teeny. Not more than 10 calories. the 1/2 ounce of corned beef was maybe 40?? And the bread, 1/3 slice. I tried to scrape off the butter. But was partially successful. 60 cal? I compensated by cutting out the chicken for lunch. So I did make up for the calories. Not so much the carbs in the bread.

An artist in Thailand offered to do a trade with me. I really want her cards. But I do not know how much my cards will cost to ship there. I LOVE her art work. So I am hoping the cost will not be too prohibitive for me.

B: coffee with cocoa etc 250
TJ's samples 110
Popchips 360
L Salad 100
D: chicken with vegetables and bone broth powder 270
frozen lemon protein stuff 40
1130 calories for the day
I think that 2 weeks before I have to go to visit family I will begin being much more diligent. Replace popchips with baked cheese crisps. Zero carbs. Same amount or less, calories. Less hot chocolate??? can I do it???

I hope you all have a great Friday! <3
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:52 PM   #229  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick comment and fly by

Diana
please keep a daily journal of the foods and your reactions to them including the mouthwashes....time makes the memory fade..log it daily like you do your food,, hugs to you on this journey

Good choices here today and retail therapy tomorrow.

Now a question that is utterly utterly not related to this forum.....do/does anyone know of a parent who has a 'climber'? My grandson is almost two and as soon as he could walk or before he climbs....up into window sills, outside of stair banners, over baby gates, up the kitchen drawers to the counters...suggestions to keep him safe?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:29 AM   #230  

good morning! power walked to and home from supper last night. folded two dryer loads of laundry and put a second in the washing machine after supper. will be shutting down and going to bed in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #231  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
143.9 this morning

Sorry to be so bad this month about checking in. I think of you everyday. I've been struggling with setting some goals, like journaling, stretching, non scale related. I'm going to go back and read everything here. I see already I've missed a lot. Flower GrannyNancy dropping it like it's hot great job with your plan!

Ok, I'll be back later.

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #232  

good morning again! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run some errands in a few minutes. heard on the radio that THERE WILL BE NO SNOW FOR A WEEK HERE!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:00 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. 188.0 which is back to last week's low. Did not eat all my calories yesterday because it was simply "too much" so I wound up at 1053 calories. Today with dog training coming up (we are starting late because storms were expected) I had a big breakfast. 2 egg omelet, cheese, veggies and 2 slices bacon. it was very filling--gotta go. Catch up later.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #234  

will go for my power walk in a few minutes. will be a busy day here!
Old 03-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #235  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy St. Patrick's Day to all who are celebrating!

Flower I will read up on that product. DH and I have always had good oral health. But things improved even more since we changed from conventional dental products to all natural. I can still use the product I have minus that one mouthwash.

Nancy I hear you on the memory. Have fun shopping!

CieCie Yay for no snow!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1535 +
Weigh In: 187.4
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 17

Deuteronomy 32:10
He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.

It is vital that we remember how pleasing it is to God when we choose to lose weight. No matter how we look or act, God loves us, but just like earthly parents, when we do our best and look our best, we are most pleasing. God is proud of us when we sacrifice and learn self-discipline. He watches our every move, our every struggle, and He loves us. He will be with us continually. Let us follow His teachings and do all in our power to make Him proud of us; not only in our diets, but in every undertaking.

Today's thought: I am the nonfattening apple of God's eye!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #236  

just got back from power walking and running errands. will put away some of the laundry I folded last night in a few minutes. then, i'll go take care of the recycling. heard on the weather report earlier today that THERE WILL BE NO SNOW HERE FOR A WEEK!
Old 03-17-2018, 03:03 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello, I am just going to jump in and start posting. To the folks who posted already today: ciecie, Diana, grannynancy, and kelijpa "Hi".

I will be age 50 by the end of 2018. I am trying to lose about 15-20 lbs (hopefully by end of June, 2018). I started the Dukan Diet this week. So, have made it through "Attack Phase" (3 days of pure lean protein) and now I have 60 days of "Cruise Phase" (alternating days of pure protein, called "PP" days, with protein and veggie, called "PV" days).

I started to work on dropping this weight on Jan. 1, 2018. Saturdays are my weigh-in days.

I lost about 5 lbs in January, but very quickly plateau-ed. I have always felt that HRT is where my FAT came onto my body (about 2 years ago I had to go on HRT and twenty lbs came with it...), so I started tapering off estrogen these last few weeks. And I added in Dukan to address diet issues. Hopefully those 2 things are the reason I had a 3 lb scale loss this week.

I do workout 5 times a week (sometimes 6): 2 x weight-lifting, 2 x cardio, 1 x yoga and 1 x per week I play some (fun!) badminton with my teenage son.

I used to post, for support, on a forum called "JP Fitness Forum", but could not seem to find it to log in. I kind of stumbled on 3FatChicks.

Cheers!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! (I visited Ireland for one week in Sept, 2017 and loved every second I spent there!)
Beeps2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #238  

just got back from power walking and running an errand. will take a shower and get ready for church in a few minutes.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:16 PM   #239  

Talking MARCH 2018--Up--Oops

Hi!

Welcome Beeps...when I think of beep, I think of the road runner (beepbeep).

I messed up a little yesterday. I ate lunch out yesterday: turkey club sandwich/2 sides/carrot cake. I ate only half of the sandwich and nibbled on the salad and broccoli, but I ate the whole piece of cake. (It was a small piece.) I finished the sandwich last night for dinner. I think it would have been better if I had waited until today to finish the sandwich because there was a lot of meat/cheese on the sandwich. And I should have split the cake in half. (I really wanted to take pie home, too, because they were having $2 special!)

It was really hard to choose something to eat at the restaurant. They had soup...but it has a lot of salt. They had side salads, but I don't think I'd feel satisfied. I probably should have ordered grilled chicken salad...

I also bought some Gimbal's jelly beans at Walmart. They are not Jelly Bellies, but they taste pretty good and have a little vitamin C in them. But I did not control myself very well. I need to put them in the basement.

225/212.5/213.4/213.2/210

I did a little walking at the mall yesterday and walked in the neighborhood today. I measured the walk that I usually do. It is 28 minutes, but then I did a little more in the back yard. Ugh! A lot of trees have been chewed on by the deer?

I need to work harder if I want to reach this next goal.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:13 PM   #240  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Well, I read all 16 pages, it was like reading a good book.

Diana I am fascinated by your tannin experiment. It got me thinking about how sometimes my mouth bothers me after eating some things.

Jendiet on the mouth subject, I saw you had a cold sore, I used to have a terrible time with them. I use Abreva, it's kind of expensive but lasts a long time, you only need a little bit. I wish I had corned beef today, church supper sounds great.

GrannyNancy hope the certification is going well!

Ciecie I was reading where you fell asleep watching TCM a couple times, I had to put it on and caught part of Finian's Rainbow. They changed our forecast to no snow as well, I hope it stays. They were talking another 5 inches Tuesday and Wednesday so no snow is great news!

Nancy hope the sleeping is getting better. I zonked out early last night. TTOM hit hard.

Flower those samples are so tempting, I wouldn't be able to scrape off the Kerrygold, I love that stuff

Hi Beeps welcome

Hoe everyone has a good night

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-17-2018 at 10:25 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote