Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-28-2018, 10:28 PM   #406  

Default Hi!

I am doing well busy... Went to youth group prayer meeting tonight. I always pick up my 13 year old niece and take her with me. My weight was still up a couple pounds after my weekend but hopefully back down tom. But occasionally cheating is the only way I will make it, as that is a normal...

Jen- prayers car still working out ok with no more flickering. I agree successful dieters occasionally cheat. Congrats on new low.. awesome!!
Grannynancy- Prayers! for your job and all the stress connected, with the changes... I hated being micromanaged by a new supervisor every time they came along so can sympathize.
Terri- great job getting exercise in... swimming, biking, bouncing... awesome!
Nancylmrn- down 1 lb awesome... every lb counts...
Beeps- wow down 9lbs since Jan. awesome job... prayers for less stress. Enjoy your vacation. I'm going on vacation myself - family vacation cruise to the Caribbean. it will be fun.. Planning to do lots of walking and swimming.
Stlrsgrl43- Wow down 6lbs...keep us posted how its going with the cumin.
Diana- so glad your Dr's apt went well... sounds like an awesome Dr. taking time and really caring.
Flower - awesome job maintaining and preplanning...
Well going to have a cup of tea and then get ready for bed... God bless! have a good day tom.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:28 AM   #407  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
143.9 this morning

Things are getting back to normal, which has its own challenges. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing some regular planks, wall sits and push ups, also added in 5 sun salutations rather than following a specific yoga routine, it's working well.

Thanks for being here for me

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:39 AM   #408  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Diana I think of you everyday we are looking at rescues, since this happened so suddenly we are missing him a lot. We waited about a year after our 16 year old beagle left us, it's so different this time.

Everyone thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-29-2018 at 06:40 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:46 AM   #409  

Default Good Morning!

Kelijpa- Good to hear things are returning to normal... It is hard loosing a pet especially suddenly.

I had a good day yesterday and better today hopefully. I am down 3 lbs which put me 2 lbs lower than I was before my weekend gain. Anyway I am off to work so prayers for all of you to have a blessed on plan day!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:57 AM   #410  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Kelijpa I'm glad you checked in and adjusting to the changes.

Last night I added on: Neck and Shoulder pain premix from Barbara Benagh's Yoga for Stress Relief
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout in the bed

Calories for yesterday: 1535
Will weigh in on Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 29

Hebrews 13:6
So that we may boldly say, 'The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.'

In a prison camp, the people were starved for long periods of time. One man seemed unaffected by the treatment he received. While others complained about how hungry they were, this one man stood by silently. Finally, he was asked why he seemed to be doing so well while the others all suffered so. He replied, 'I will not let my captors get the better of me. No matter what they do, they will not wear me down. I am the Lord's, and no one else has any power over my life. Men may take away my food, but only God can truly sustain me.'

Today's thought: The need for bread is all in the head!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:05 AM   #411  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good morning. 183.8 no change. Have not planned day yet. Was not compliant yesterday and snacked on dried apricots and peanuts. Did eat my planned foods. Today is routine gyno and acupuncture.

More great news from the work front. A coworker talked with HR The "bump down" in our job titles actually could mean less pay despite what we were told, and if we are not willing to take up to a 15% cut in compensation, we do not get to collect severance.

Apparently, from talking with some "early retired" neighbors, this is a standard corporate strategy these days. Of course if we take the cut and then get cut again, new severance would be at the lower pay. We also have to develop resumes to apply to keep our jobs and our jobs will not just be posted internally as we were told; all jobs have to be posted publicly. Being 62, I have not maintained my resume thinking who would hire me anyway and I was planning to work until retirement. I am running the numbers to retire now but the biggest factor for me is health insurance going forward. I know there is age discrimination out there! Who wants the older workers with higher medical bills?

And to add insult to injury, if we take an offered position, we cannot take any other position in the organization for at least 6 months.

Then, of course, while Cobra is good for 18 months, you have to jump into an ACA plan only once a year and options for mid year plans are not ACA compliant. I think SC has only one ACA compliant plan with very limited providers. The thought that decades of doing without and being a good steward of your money so that you could have enough for retirement and the realization that one major illness could wipe it out is very sobering. DH reaches Medicare age August 2023.

Kind of down today. Was snacking some yesterday as a stress response, even though I did walk. Focusing on alternatives. I cannot afford any slide right now! I can forgive myself for slipping but need to nip it in the bud. Planned indulgences have never worked for me.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:06 AM   #412  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Doitforme, great job on keeping your downward trend going despite the uppity weekend. Thanks for your prayers. I hope you have a great day. That is awesome you get your 13 year old niece involved. My friends son has been asking about church....they grew up episcopalian, I grew up Catholic. I'm nondenominational now..I invited them to our church

Keli, I'm glad you are feeling back in the swing of things. I know it's still hard. Rescues just have so much heart.I've always had rescues my whole life.

Granny, hope that training is going well. I pray for focus and the right conditions. I pray for peace for you too.

Sooo...I didn't go to bed until after 3 am...I finally took a melatonin...I tossed and turned.

My back is extremely achey....I don't know if it's the new gel foam topper or if it's just me...I thought not feeling springs would be better but I don't know about this.

I think I will do another 500 kcal day today because the weekend is coming...I have nothing special planned because my babies will be at their dads, but my friends kids will around. They usually cheer me up. Well see how I feel this afternoon...have a good say ladies. I'm laying down again for a bit
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:07 AM   #413  

Unhappy MARCH 2018--Up

Hi there,

Alas, I am up over a pound...I stopped and had a jr. burger and a jr. frosty. I also had a sliver of pie and a butter cookie and some jelly beans and some marshmellows. I gain weight TOO easily!

I did a 35 min hike (no medium or big hills). I also did the usual stability ball exercises and knee exercises.

225/211.6/212.8/210

I found my lost sticky note. And I learned some new things about windows 10.

Diana: I am reading a book called Every Patient Tells a Story. The author Lisa Sanders, was a consultant for the tv show House. I used to watch this show called Mystery Diagnosis. It was on some cable health channel and I thought was later sold to Oprah. I don't know what happened after that. It helps me if I understand how doctors think...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:11 AM   #414  

Granny, we were posting at the same time. I am so sorry about this situation. I can see how disheartening that would be. I think you have an excellent back up plan with your dogs, but I know how it feels to lose your job security or have its existence being threatened looming over you like that. I pray for uncommon favor. I pray for peace and I pray for wisdom for you. I pray the unfairness of it all will not make you bitter either.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:16 AM   #415  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri000 View Post
Hi there,

Alas, I am up over a pound...I stopped and had a jr. burger and a jr. frosty. I also had a sliver of pie and a butter cookie and some jelly beans and some marshmellows. I gain weight TOO easily!

I did a 35 min hike (no medium or big hills). I also did the usual stability ball exercises and knee exercises.

225/211.6/212.8/210

I found my lost sticky note. And I learned some new things about windows 10.

Diana: I am reading a book called Every Patient Tells a Story. The author Lisa Sanders, was a consultant for the tv show House. I used to watch this show called Mystery Diagnosis. It was on some cable health channel and I thought was later sold to Oprah. I don't know what happened after that. It helps me if I understand how doctors think...
Terri, 3500 calories in excess of what you expend= 1 lb. You my dear are probably dealing with getting-ready-to-whoosh water weight. Great job on the exercise and good for you for going Jr. At a fast food place. We ARE going to eat at places like this and we need to know how to successfully incorporate it into our lives.

I love House, Scrubs, anything about biology with comedy.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #416  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning to all, no personals right now but I have read all the posts

WI down a bit more 167.2 so guess that sodium high may be slipping off but still until I get under that 167 mark I know I am not losing.
No W/O yesterday either but I did eat sensibly I guess I am really no longer following a strict low carb diet since I had pasta last night. I know I can not make a habit of that which is fine. I think tonight may be stir fry veggies and some rice? not sure yet

Will be back later for personals
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:42 PM   #417  

Good morning all!
Gained .4. It is becoming painfully clear to me that this 66 year old body will not lose while consuming 360 calories of high carb popchips. And also hot chocolate. So it seems I will have to abstain from both my addictions if I am to lose the remaining 2.6 lbs. I need hypnosis to convince this mind that I like tea. Praying for a good local hypnotist who is covered by insurance. Either that, or a miracle. Either would be greatly appreciated.

I hope everyone has a great day. Yes!!!

Last edited by flower123; 03-29-2018 at 01:45 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:53 PM   #418  

OK guys, upper back is pretty sore. Don't know what is the reason. .a couple I guess. Hands bothered me a lot last night. I went back to sleep around 8 and woke back up at 11. So I got a good nap. All I've had for today is coffee so I think I will be fine with a 500 kcal day. I just got to do some planning. I already stocked supplies in the closet and rearranged some things in the bedroom.but I know extra activity= extra hunger

I have another issue. When my husband first rejected me, I had a newborn and a 2 year old to take care of. I tandem nursed (I believe in child led weaning) and I had NO LIBIDO so I didn't care this after being a raging hormonal mess with an out of control libido while pregnant...so I was fine for 5 years. Could care less about sex.

Now I'm 38 going on 39...and it's like a fire has been lit constantly in that direction. Is this normal??? I'm abstinate. Don't plan on doing anything unless I find myself married again.

Some of you ladies who are older can you please tell me if you went through this. I almost feel as bad as when I was 16 trying to hold out until marriage.

It's just another thing that makes me an emotional mess because of how my ex rejected me and I always thought we would grow old together...and of course my emotions lead me to eat. You get me? Just one more reason to miss having a husband.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #419  

OK guys, upper back is pretty sore. Don't know what is the reason. .a couple I guess. Hands bothered me a lot last night. I went back to sleep around 8 and woke back up at 11. So I got a good nap. All I've had for today is coffee so I think I will be fine with a 500 kcal day. I just got to do some planning. I already stocked supplies in the closet and rearranged some things in the bedroom.but I know extra activity= extra hunger

I have another issue. When my husband first rejected me, I had a newborn and a 2 year old to take care of. I tandem nursed (I believe in child led weaning) and I had NO LIBIDO so I didn't care this after being a raging hormonal mess with an out of control libido while pregnant...so I was fine for 5 years. Could care less about sex.

Now I'm 38 going on 39...and it's like a fire has been lit constantly in that direction. Is this normal??? I'm abstinate. Don't plan on doing anything unless I find myself married again.

Some of you ladies who are older can you please tell me if you went through this. I almost feel as bad as when I was 16 trying to hold out until marriage.

It's just another thing that makes me an emotional mess because of how my ex rejected me and I always thought we would grow old together...and of course my emotions lead me to eat. You get me? Just one more reason to miss having a husband.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:38 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

I think everything is "normal" when it comes to hormones, jendiet!!

It is okay to be curious about why this might be happening for you, right now. I come from the "use it or lose it" thought process and always presumed that, as women age, it really takes concerted effort to keep our sexual selves healthy and happy, along with all the physical pieces, too.

None of what I say might be welcome thoughts to certain religious points-of-view, though.

I did a very weak cardio class last night after work. I did get in a fabulous yoga session this morning, though.

Sigh. My sleep is VERY disrupted right now....down to about 3 hours a night. I am trying to taper down off my HRT and maybe I am tapering down a bit too quickly.
Beeps2011 is offline   Reply With Quote