3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   NEW getting out of the 170's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/315038-new-getting-out-170s.html)

shellofself 10-29-2020 10:03 AM

KStrong I'm just trudging along, slowly but surely! Some days I do better than others. Sounds like you're holding strong to the 160s! Congratulations!! That's huge! Hoping to be in your shoes in December. :D Btw where is the 160s thread?? I'm still over 175 so not going in any time soon, but it'd be good to know! (176.2 this am)

Honestly, I figured it would start getting harder/slowing down around this weight. Ive yet to break out of the 170s in a decade, so for me, that will be a HUGE achievement that I'm trying to push towards and hope that the motivation gets me through the holidays.

KStrong 10-29-2020 11:29 AM

Thanks Shell, you are doing awesome!
I'm having an easier time maintaining 170-something than 160-something. I'll be in this thread for awhile probably and maybe indefinitely. I've never posted in the 160's thread for fear of jinxing and it has been inactive for a couple of months, but I have it saved if you want it:
160's THREAD

jbinsweden 11-02-2020 06:44 PM

Calorie counting feels depressing. I gave that up in favor of just aiming for lower calorie density foods.

Picapiedra 11-02-2020 09:05 PM

Hi,

I am impressed by how many of you are doing great. Congratulations!!

I did very well in 2019, going down from 220 to 188. I got committed to Intermittent fasting, limiting sugar, carbs, and excessive fries. My youngest son was amazing pushing me to the gym, biking, etc. All looked well. However, during 2020, being at home, I have gained 8 pounds. I am at 196 now. My height is 170 cms. I need the courage to re-start!

My personal goal is 175 pounds. 21 pounds away!!!

My new friends: chocolate, sweets, are huge temptations for me. I need to re-take intermittent fasting, and a good friend suggested me to join a forum to be aware that, somehow, I am not alone in this journey.

Together, helping each other, we can make it better!

So, Hi! hope you kindly let me share this journey with you!!

220/188/(196 Covid)/175

Picapiedra 11-02-2020 09:13 PM

Check intermittent Fasting my friend. It has many benefits. It has worked very well for me.

Picapiedra 11-02-2020 09:16 PM

Anybody else has tried intermittent fasting? I have tried 16/8 for a year, and lost 32 pounds. Most importantly, you feel really good!

Kabir 11-06-2020 06:49 PM

That is awesome

shellofself 11-16-2020 01:44 PM

Picapiedra, WOW it sounds like we're on the same journey! I did intermittent fasting in 2019, and I lost A LOT of weight. I got down to 185 in January 2020 (and in the high 170s in March). Then covid happened, and I just fell off the wagon. I got back up into the 190s in the summer. It's been a better journey since August, but I definitely feel like I wasted half the year. But oh well! Better late than never, right?! Good luck!

KStrong, you're doing awesome!! I just keep telling myself slow and steady wins the race. I'm not sure if I believe it, but it's making me feel better about my progress at least :lol: I definitely wish I could snap my fingers and be under 155!

Under 175 for the last 4 days. :cb:

KStrong 11-16-2020 03:51 PM

Way to go, Shell! I'm still battling water weight from my vacation and I'll probably get most of it off before Thanksgiving when I'll put more back on. :lol: I went through the same thing in the 180's. My body just likes to hang out in the decades for months and months giving me just a taste of the lower for a second.

shellofself 12-07-2020 11:05 AM

Just checking in! November flew by and December seems to be doing the same. How are you doing, KStrong? Thanksgiving was brutal for me :lol: I've been sitting at 170.x the last two days though, so we'll see! Maybe by the end of the week. :crossed:

KStrong 12-07-2020 11:20 AM

Hey Shell! I like your new avi shell. Congrats on being close to crossing over the line! I've maintained an average of under 170 for three weeks now, but due to the upcoming preplanned events I'm still scared to move down to the next thread. I may go, if you do...but I am trying not to jinx anything until 2021. :)