Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:54 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up February 2018 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-27-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:43 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Thank you as always Diana for starting the thread that keeps me and a lot of us going each month!

So the early bird might get the worm, but does not have to eat all of it.....not sure if that came off as the awkward joke I meant it to be

I look forward to finishing up January and starting fresh on February
Old 01-31-2018, 08:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274highest/250sept2017/218now

Height: 5 9

My goal today was jumprope. Once when I got home and once again after my last meal.

Only two minutes each time, but then I did jumping jacks at pace that I could breathe for five more minutes.
Food was minimal, lots of work, lots of rest.
Guessing , breakfast was 9g protein, 370 cal/// lunch was medium buffet salad 600//// dinner was 0.
slight headache, but waiting to eat pasta around 12am so it will last till 10:20am
Sorta trying to fit a calorie restriction into a Wednesday night.

My wife passed away in November, it has been a loss, but the romance between had been well more of coexistence , however I stayed faithful .

Ok thing is now for the first time in a very long time I have a crush on woman.
I fear it may be too soon after my wife's passing or perceived as too soon.
Any advice or thoughts.
The crush is definatly making me mindful of my big belly. I know it's not going anywhere fast, but I've never been as strong and motivated as I am right now. If I keep it to myself , it may keep motivating me.
She's half my age, unmarried without children. The age difference may make it highly unlikely to get past a few dates then I'll be much less motivated by a crush being gone.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:29 PM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Synergy Foo I don't have a lot of experience to be giving advice. With that said I would just use a common sense approach to this crush and situation. Go slow, very slow, and have fun.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-31-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:43 AM   #5  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hey all.

I'm at the hospital. My husband has been admitted for sepsis/complications from the flu. He is on 10 liters of oxygen, 2 I.V. antibiotics and one oral antibiotic. Things have been chaotic here. Grannynancy: glad you are recovering without complications.
I'm exhausted and hope I can find my way home. I'm not familiar with this urban area
Old 02-01-2018, 06:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Lurchmama - Oh wow, sepsis is so tough, I will be praying and hoping for your husband to get better as quickly as possible.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good morning. 197.2. Nice drop now but NOT new low.
BP 100/69 ... has not been that low for awhile.

My new routine involves 5 prunes a day added to the stool softeners and it has helped a lot with solid waste removal though the WI was before all that.

Still very tired but am improving slowly. Yesterday ate 946 calories and today is not yet planned . Just hope to make it through the work day with a few naps. I am officially tired of soup and forcing myself to drink the water. Funny how the thing you need most when you are sick is the thing you seem to want the least.

EDIT. Ok today is actually planned - 1079 calories . First day I have felt capable of light food prep though the kitchen is a disaster right now. DH is good at keeping me fed but not so good on cleanup.

Potato and veggie stir fry with cheese for breakfast
Tuna salad for lunch
Chicken and veggie stir fry for dinner

Synergy - no real advice - it has been many many years since I have been in that situation. My advice would be to go with the flow, be a friend first, and if there is a spark it will develop.If not, you have a new friend. No need to rush into anything. The weight loss motivation needs to be internal for YOU, not to make you more attractive JMO. About feeling better, being healthier and enjoying life more.

Last edited by grannynancy; 02-01-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:34 AM   #8  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchMomma View Post
Hey all.

I'm at the hospital. My husband has been admitted for sepsis/complications from the flu. He is on 10 liters of oxygen, 2 I.V. antibiotics and one oral antibiotic. Things have been chaotic here. Grannynancy: glad you are recovering without complications.
I'm exhausted and hope I can find my way home. I'm not familiar with this urban area
I am so sorry. I just prayed for a quick recovery for your husband.

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-01-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:41 AM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1540 or less +
Weigh In: 186.6
Up: .6 <---More sodium than normal

Have a Blessed day!
Philippians 4:13
13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 1

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

'I can't win,' the woman lamented. 'I give in and eat something, and then I feel guilty. When I feel guilty, I eat. The more I eat, the guiltier I feel, and the guiltier I feel, the more I eat!' Sometimes we feel like failures when we break our diets. We can be swept up in a sense of guilt that makes it nearly impossible for us to stick to our diet. The solution to guilt is forgiveness, and forgiveness comes to us through our advocate, Jesus Christ the righteous. Jesus knows that we sometimes give in, and He loves us just the same. Accept His love, accept His forgiveness, and let go of any guilt you may feel.

Today's thought: I am not condemned just because I sometimes slip!
Old 02-01-2018, 10:03 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Synergy Foo as granny said go slow and your weight loss is your journey for you and only you can control it.
Lurchmama you and your DH are in my prayers today

WI 166.4 down .6 from yesterday so not sure if this was because of diuretic or light dinner last night but I will take it. Yesterdays calories 1373, W/O 44 min of body weight HIIT/Cardio with focus on lower body.

Today I get my first set of hearing aids, I am really excited when I tried on the test pair is was like the first time someone put glasses on a child....wow this is what I was missing....type of moment. I have permanent loss in my right ear and left ear is just plain age AND I will be able to adjust the sound from an app on my phone...how funny is that? I do have many questions though, like what is the shelf life of these things? How often do I have to replace them? Will they stay on while I workout? I know how long the batteries last. etc.

Ok I am off to the office

hugs to all
Old 02-01-2018, 06:22 PM   #11  

2 miles leslie sansone this morning before I left work. power walk and running errands during my lunch break. just got back power walking and running errands. unexpected day off from work tomorrow. one of my bosses from old navy called and left a message on my cell phone and said that they were cutting hours because business had been slow this week.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 274highest/250sept2017/218now

Height: 5 9

Today was tough,
Breakfast was 100 calories protein powder and coconut milk.
Lunch was approx 600 calories. No dinner yet, but about to take a nap.
I was nearly out of energy by the time to clock out.

It's so exciting sometimes to skip a meal, even though it's such a simple thing to do.
Every time I talk to her, we seem to get closer giving eachother more details .
Yes slow, but life is short, I have friends , but I don't think about her lime a friend, or simply someone to lust over, I think because with her a possibility of a family , and not just a relationship.

That is great advice though , friendship is very important. And fasting is apart of whom I've become .

I very sorry to hear about the hospital care for the husband, hoping to hear good news.

I found very small amounts of nutrition today in my salad.
Spinach, tomato, onion , butter pickle, beets, carrot, egg, bacon, cheese, sesame , peppers, chicken, broccoli . Instead of noodles at midnight I might just try to sleep through the evening and night . And have 2 eggs and a fruit pie for breakfast. Not the greatest way to start a day, but I get it for 50cents , and then spend $5 on the salad. Friday night will be red bean for antioxidants. Probably a homemade hummus stuffed into red peppers. Which I'm already looking forward to.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:37 PM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

nancylmrn Yay for the new hearing aids! I hope everything is a good fit.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

TJ 20 minute workout
Old 02-01-2018, 10:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Kelijpa, I simply can’t imagine the 140’s. Love reading your posts. Great reminders that we can get there and be just as amazed.

Diana, Thanks for starting the February thread. I’m still so thankful to have found you all.

I did 30 min on elliptical today. 70+oz water.
Had a yummy Dinner with a friend.

Thanks for all of the info on bp meds. I really had no idea.
One more busy day till the weekend! Goodnight all.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:18 PM   #15  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Closed Thread