Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #331  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

pinkpuma14 Hi and welcome to the check-in.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:11 PM   #332  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Diana that was a first experience for me! Can't say I would do it again, only because I don't need several pictures on 'screens' in my house, but it was fun spending time with my sister and now have a chicken painting to look at LOL They made it super simple to follow and since it was two hours long you got to meet some new people (there were only 5 of us) and chat. There was not right or wrong way to do it and all the pictures turned out a bit different but all looked good. They even will do events for groups of 10 or more for a less than full price. We were thinking of getting all of the family together to do a painting this summer.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:13 PM   #333  

good night ladies! will be shutting down in a few minutes. the closing ceremonies will be over with in a few minutes.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:53 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'6"

NancyLmrn, loved hearing about the painting! I’ve done a few of those and only have one painting left to show for them. But they’re usually worth the fun.

I did not get a workout in last night which means I skipped 2 days. Just finished 45 min on elliptical. Lapsed on food but tried to make some smarter moves like steamed broccoli and water with most meals out. But it was a self-indulgent weekend and I hope to define and honor my goals more this week.

We took a tour of one of the gyms with a pool yesterday. It wasn’t as nice as I was hoping for but there’s another I’ll try to check out this next week. We went to REI and I far preferred the garmin bands to the Fitbits but didn’t purchase yet. GrannyNancy, that 935 is really nice! I think I’m comparing the vivo versions for price.

Today was full of house hunting. Went to a couple of open houses and actually saw a couple of things we liked. Things sell so quickly and I don’t know that we’re mentally in a place to put in an offer and move through a sale as quickly as we need to in order to compete in this market. Hopefully, it will all fall into place when it’s meant to be.

Hope everyone has a good night! I’m all cried out from watching The Walking Dead and exhausted. Ha ha Night!
Old 02-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. 194.6 up again. Sigh. And that was after a trip to the bathroom that was like "really that is all you have to show for 3 days?" [sorry if that is TMI]

Well doing everything right. I guess I need to dig in my heels and push harder on the exercise. Still kind of demoralized.

Stlrsgirl - Yes the Garmin bands are much more comfortable. I started with the Vivoactive 3 but it had just come out and had a number of bugs so I moved "up" to the tried and true forerunner platform since I felt the features on it were a better match for me. The VA3 was so comfortable I did not know I was wearing it. There is a new Forerunner 645 that stores and plays music. Neither the VA3 or the 645 would give me the battery life for my search and rescue stuff and kayaking stuff where I am on the trail for 6-8 hours running in GPS mode. I like having that info even though I carry a handheld GPS but if not.......Garmin does have a forum if that helps. Any way you go. Buy a glass screen protector. They are imperceptible on the device but give you protection. There is a learning curve on the controls but they become second nature. I actually like the non touch screen better.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:47 AM   #336  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:03 AM   #337  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1610
Weigh In: 187.8
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 26

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

The greatest enemy we face as we diet is not food, or the gnawing hunger we endure. No, the greatest enemy we face is the lack of faith we have in ourselves. When the going gets tough, our tendency is to throw up our hands in surrender. That cannot be allowed to happen. As faithful people, we are tied to a special power that comes from beyond us. We are recipients of the holy power of God. That same power raised Christ from the dead and enabled Him to overcome every temptation that this world could throw at Him. With that kind of power, how can we fail at anything we do?

Today's thought: To diet means to do it!
Old 02-26-2018, 08:17 AM   #338  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Grannynancy, thanks for the info.
So my weight is still the same this week so hoping for a whoosh soon. I completed 10,000 steps every day so pretty happy with that and my jeans are looser.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:23 AM   #339  

good morning again! just had breakfast a few minutes ago. will go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #340  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all!
WI 167.8, so I did end up taking that second diuretic yesterday and now the water seems to be gone. Love side effects of medication

Todays meals are planned so should be in good shape. Taking all the essentials with me today to the office so they are readily available. LOL went to cash and carry yesterday and wanted to grab some raw almonds....was looking at the price it was so much cheaper to buy in bulk so got a 5lb bag. Then spent about an hour dividing up into 1oz snack bags hahahaha Gonna take a long time to eat all that. Also yesterday I cooked a tri tip roast with the sous vide then sliced it all up and put in fridge for dinner tonight and possibly on a salad tomorrow.

Diana todays devotion spoke to me big time thank you, it is just my frame of mind right now

Got to scoot back later
Old 02-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #341  

nancylmrn, today's meals are planned for me, too. I was shocked today when the mail came this morning! the mail usually doesn't get here until after 3:00.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:46 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Hello my dear friends,
I did not give up or disappear (yay me!) I went away for a weekend break with my two oldest girls (6 years). We had so much fun doing all the things we can't do with the little ones around, mostly reading really exciting books and going for long walks. Unfortunately my phone battery doesn't work when outdoor temperatures drop bellow zero, so I couldn't track my steps, but I'm quite sure I made 10k+ steps every day.

I stuck to my diet, even when travelling, which was hard. It meant basically eating next to nothing on our last day as I run out of keto friendly things and there was no time to go shopping before we had to catch the train back, but I make up for it with a large diner back home.

Unfortunately today was not so good diet wise, as I'm stuck home with a whiney (and very sick) toddler and I find it mentally quite challenging. Now please don't get me wrong, I love my toddlers just as much as I love my older girls, but having to care for a sick child is demanding as it is and this child of mine is really expert in making drama out of everything. So, long story short, I finished off some custard I should not have touched. It wasn't too much, but it certainly put my today's carbs way above keto zone. Tomorrow is a new day (and I did not write today off, quite on the contrary, I made very light and healthy keto dinner). Just going to carry on as if nothing happened.

I will come back later for personals!
Old 02-26-2018, 01:03 PM   #343  

Smile February 2018

Hi!

Hope you are doing well.

I am down a tad. I biked 45 minutes and did the arc trainer 15 min. I did some knee exercises at home and used the stability ball. I am so pleased that my knee "allows" me to use the stability ball.

Slipups were a small ice cream cone and a teeny slice of peach pie.

I have a bad cold.

225/219.4/215
Old 02-26-2018, 01:12 PM   #344  

good afternoon! just got back from power walking and running errands. will go for another power walk and run more errands later on today.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:00 PM   #345  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (Under 700 Calories)
Grilled chicken breast
2 orders steamed veggies

Exercise:
KCM's Your Best Body - workout 1 w/added cardio w/8's & 5's

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-26-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Closed Thread