Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 08:19 AM   #241  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 187.4
Up: 1 pound (There is no apparent reason for this. Maybe sodium that I was not aware of. So it's just a daily fluctuation that I have no control over)

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 17

Psalm 37:18
The Lord knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.

God honestly does know what we suffer through when we try to lose weight. He sympathizes with us in all our suffering, but He can also see the prize that awaits us. He knows the inheritance that is to come. Even when we have difficulty keeping our eyes focused on the goal, we can turn to God, who will strengthen us by His own strength. He always sees us as what we can potentially be: slim, trim, and healthy. It is important for us to try to see ourselves the same way God sees us. Remember, once weight is lost, the struggle is not completely over, but we need not ever return to obesity. The fruits of our labors, our inheritance, can last forever.

Today's thought: God wants to see us achieve our goal!
Old 01-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #242  

just had breakfast a few minutes ago. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good morning. 200.4 No change but no HCTZ yesterday. I will "own" this weight.

Did not sleep will last night and BP is up to 124/86 this morning. I am going to take the losartan but not the HCTZ and spend more time today doing yoga and "de-stressing". I am just too concerned about the sodium lowering effect since my sodium intake has been about 1100mg over the past week and it can make sodium too low. Also HCTZ can raise blood calcium as can D3+HCTZ - so cautions on calcium supplementation with this drug. I see the doctor on Friday and may discuss upping the losartan to 50mg or just giving it more time since it typically takes 3-6 weeks to be fully effective.

You know, in the past few weeks my next door neighbor who is my age had a heart attack then massive stroke during the bypass and is not likely to make it. Another died of pancreatic cancer and I think I am overreacting, probably with the stress from work [we still have been told NOTHING] and seeing people my age starting to die off [another one is in the hospital and his wife is also having problems and they are raising their grandchild-eek]. Normally I don't but I used to use food to relieve stress and am not doing that now.

Yesterday I planned 1117 calories and ate 1145. Did not make supper and substituted something easier.
Today is planned for 1058 and very nutritious.

EDIT - update. My friend's husband had a stroke. I don't know how bad. This woman has lost one son to murder, a step son to an accident, and the mother of the young granddaughter she and her husband adopted and are raising drowned and she is having health problems. Oh please pray for these people.

Diana - the DVDs look interesting -

Last edited by grannynancy; 01-17-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:23 AM   #244  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning
WI still up 169.6, did not sleep well anxiety again. I thought I was over that since I stopped my meds. Oh BTW b/p back up again and I am waiting to hear back from my Dr.

Granny I have read your posts and I agree with what you have to say, balance is a key and right now I am so far out of balance I am not sure how to come back.

Anyway I have today planned and hope to hear back from the Dr. I will pop in later I am running a bit late this am even though I got up an hour earlier than normal.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #245  

grannynancy, you are knocking on the door to onederland! just got back from power walking and running an errand. will take the bus to a neighboring community to run errands there this afternoon.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #246  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning

I think we could all use a today.

I'll be back later. I'm going to see if I can find my disposition. I seem to have misplaced it.

Hang in there!
Old 01-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #247  

good afternoon! I just got back from running errands in a nearby community. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 261/257/150

Hey everyone hope you're all doing fine

Last couple of days have been well, stayed on plan pretty closely. Weighed today and had lost a little more, but I'm just going to wait until Monday again for it to be official. I wanted to start exercising this week but weather hasn't been very friendly. Had a huge ice storm here and our pipes froze so I had to bring in a plumber. Not the best week so far haha.

You're getting really close to >200lb grannynancy, that has to feel good. Keep up the good work you all
Old 01-17-2018, 04:42 PM   #249  

ksguy, that's great that you are staying on plan. keep up the great work!
Old 01-17-2018, 09:11 PM   #250  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

grannynancy
I will pray for them, what are their first names?

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)

2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 #3 w/#5's
Old 01-17-2018, 09:23 PM   #251  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening all!

Well new meds will start in the am, if I can go 4 weeks without a reaction I will classify it as a winner.

Granny I just read you full post, my prayers and thoughts are with your friends family, this makes my heart so heavy.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:45 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

My friends are Jim and Elke. I got word this evening that his stroke was fairly minor and he can go home soon though to a strict regimen. This is good news but she is facing some kind of undiagnosed health problem herself and they are trying to get answers. Thanks for praying. They are such good people and have been through more than their fair share of grief and suffering.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:07 PM   #253  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Evening everyone:

Nancy: Did you hear back from your doctor?

Diana: Thanks for the link! I will check it out.

Granny: Oh! I was scrolling back to look at posts and just saw your update! "The whole creation groans together.." is what popped into my head. So much pain and loss. That poor family. I prayed for them. All of humanity is struggling at any given time. It seems like there would be more love and compassion in the world because we all have so much in common.

Weigh in today was 197. Don't know what I really weigh. All that sodium from the canned soup. No number of quarts of diluted juice can wash out that much salt. DH brought me a McDonalds cheeseburger today which I dutifully ate. Now I REALLY feel sick.... It's back to work tomorrow. I guess that's good. I will have to move more.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:16 PM   #254  

I will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:07 AM   #255  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
149.6 this morning

Sorry I haven’t been on, can’t seem to get back to a normal morning routine. I took the day off yesterday. Also, I hate to tell you Diana TTOM showed up, it was light, but definitely happened, so the count to a year begins again. :/ oh well.

So, have you chicks heard of the 2 ingredient dough? It’s taking WW by storm, since non fat Greek yogurt is zero points. It is equal parts Greek yogurt and self rising flour. It makes a dough you can make bagels, breadsticks, cinnamon rolls, etc. with. I make my own self rising flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt. https://www.bellagetswwaisted.com/in...-dough-bagels/

Ok, so I have 5 pages to get caught up on, so I apologize for not knowing how everyone is doing, I ask God to watch over and protect you in my prayers, so don’t think that I am not thinking of you when I don’t post.

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-18-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Closed Thread