Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #1  

Default Yo Yo Me

Like so many here, I'm sure, I've been doing the Yo-Yo thing my entire life.

2 years ago I weighed 265 and was the lowest I'd been in years. I looked and felt pretty great, compared to "usual." Today I weigh in at 306.

I was one of those people who said "pffft I can lose more than 1-2 pounds a week" and I did and sometimes even felt a little smug about it.

But everyone on Youtube and in forums who said stick with 1-2 pounds is right. I tried to go too drastic and couldn't keep it up for the long term. So this time I'm trying to listen! I'm trying to implement habits (1-2 per month) that are permanent changes.

Here's where I've been so far in 2017:
  • August - stopped and admitted/reaffirmed that my life would be a lot better if I lost weight and was healthier over all.
  • August - asked myself what was getting in the way of having a healthy life
  • August - admitted that video games were taking up hours that could be used for the pursuit of health
  • August - reluctantly gave up most gaming, put my Xbox in storage, got rid of my TV
  • September - Continued the no gaming
  • October - asked myself what the next obstacle was and realized it was lack of sleep due to falling asleep to watching Netflix
  • October - Gave up TV for the month of October only. Started reading a lot more.
  • November - Sleep had improved but not enough. Started "no - snooze November." I'm not allowed to hit the snooze button ever. Must get up, shower, and get dressed first thing.
  • November - Added the 8 hour rule which means I must give myself 8 hours of sleep. So when I go to bed I set the alarm for at least 8 hours later. (my job is pretty flexible).
  • November - Purchased a gym membership and my "rule" is that I must set foot in the gym every day. I do NOT have to do anything once I get there. I can walk in, turn around, and leave and I've met my goal.

I reintroduced TV in November (just in time for Stranger Things season 2, yay!) but I've noticed I'm watching more than I want to so I need to re-visit that.

Anyhow that's where I am. I came here to find support and support others who are doing something to get healthier.
soundgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:03 PM   #2  

Gosh, you sound like me! Honestly, you have the "let's think about this, now take the following step and actually do it" approach. I do the same thing.

My weight loss came many years ago and I've maintained that loss because I never stopped dieting. I changed my habits. This is exactly what you are doing. You are even changing your thoughts - just like I do.

Keep going the way that you are with little changes to your habits and I believe that you will do well.

Good luck to you.
JohnMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote