Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 08:09 AM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1320 + + olive oil
Weigh In: 183.8
Down: .2

Have a great day and start to your week.

I don't understand "Today's thought" but I'm still posting it.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 9

Isaiah 26:4
Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.

Lettuce! Celery! Low-fat cottage cheese! Yeesh! It never got any more interesting. The same old bland foods got tiresome after awhile. Debbie thought she would go crazy before long. She knew what she was doing was a good thing. She really wanted to lose weight. She wanted to look and feel great. Sometimes she didn't know whether it was going to pay off. She believed that God was happy with her desire to lose weight. She trusted that He would help her. Often, it was only the strength she received from trying to please God that kept her going. She was thankful that God gave her that kind of strength.

Today's thought: The only thing I'll give us is being fat!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-09-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #77  

I didn't record my food this weekend. We were prepping for the hurricane, and then a neighbor had a hurricane party. I mostly did okay, but made a big batch of sesame noodles to bring and ended up with a lot of leftovers. They aren't too bad in terms of calories but they have a ton of carbs. Then yesterday my son wanted to bake with me, so we made blueberry muffins and chocoloate chip cookies. But I'm back on track today.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #78  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!
WI up .6 today 162.0 WO completed cardio and strength training, 33 min and I will continue with my walks during work around the compound, about 1 an hour and each take less than 3 minutes.

Today I am starting the increase in EEVO in my diet and track all my foods. I tried using the cron o meter and finding it a bit more difficult for me as far as tracking my carbs, I do much better with the Atkins app. But these are just tools to keep us on track. So today's goal is to log everything.

Oh remember the promise of no adult beverages.....that went out the window this weekend but am back on track again so this bumped up oil will be accurate.

ok off for now, everyone have a wonderful day
Old 10-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 210/205/165

I was walking 10 Miles today. ..

But foodwise, it was a bad day. Had a pizza for lunch
When i have hard days. it is really hard for me to suppress my cravings.
I also read a lot about supplements, and i am thinking about trying out that one.
We will see...

Last edited by pizzamonster; 10-10-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #80  
Trying to live below 200

pizzamonster Hi and welcome to the check-in.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:37 PM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I forgot the olive oil today and used my regular BHF's ranch. I just got it out of the cabinet and put it with my stuff to take to work.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
I ended up eating at a salad bar for dinner. (DH's choice) I tried to calculate things and keep them around my usual 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits - Hi-Lo, upper body, lower body w/12's
Old 10-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #82  
Work in Progress

Good evening to all
So far I am op with the carbs at 17 today, however I scanned some pork skins and my app actually deducted carbs so bazzare, so it is actually showing I only had .1 carb today so wrong. Calories 1478 fat 85 protein 128. I did not get the extra oil in today
Old 10-10-2017, 06:29 AM   #83  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
164.9 this morning

Interesting all the talk of EVOO, I have been using it for cooking for quite a few years, my brother gave me a Rachel Ray cookbook for my birthday one year, she was all about the EVOO, this was back when she was only on PBS. I still use her technique of EVOO and butter when sautéeing veggies. Sometimes that’s the only oil I have in the house, have used it in a cake in a pinch nobody noticed. I have been monitoring it more since WW because of tracking points. Interesting, interesting.

Magistra still doing the planks, they are still hard, but I did 100 seconds yesterday, I discovered playing some music makes the seconds tick by a teeny bit faster

Diana I hope they mean up not us...Hunter’s been getting up at 3 am, little bugger.

GrannyNancy congrats on the new low and 30 off!

Pizzamonster we’ve been making flatbread pizzas, satisfies without all the crust calories, they make up quick, too, http://www.skinnytaste.com/lavash-flatbread-pizzas/

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-10-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:54 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning all. Another new low at 233.0-though yesterday I did not go walking and that, alone can move fluid and cause a drop. Average weight loss still about 2lbs a week with the first week being a big drop.

I have made sure I get enough Omega 6's just with a few walnuts. Am just shooting to make sure I get those 11 grams of O6 but have upped the olive oil -- There are a lot of adulterated EVOO on the market. I have used Bragg's and Costcos because I trust the companies and I think on a recent eval, Costco's store brand came out ok.....

Hi Pizzamonster - yes the pizza is brutal - I make a blend of pizza veggies in spaghetti sauce and reduce the cheese a LOT and put that over sauteed eggplant and that is very good..I use a lot of mushrooms for the potassium. I don't miss the crust one bit and the bread is what gives the cravings. Cutting out bread and sugar altogether has done a world of good for my cravings. I make sure the spaghetti sauce does not have added sugar or HFCS too.

Diana, yesterday's devotion made sense to me. TRUST. We know that if we stick to a sensible plan it WILL work. We have to be honest with ourselves to make sure we are truly sticking with it and seek help if it is not working to see if it is truly a sensible plan

Today.
Calories 1266-----Protein 56-----Carbs 109-----Fat 63
Omega 6: Omega 3 -----1.9:1

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-10-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #85  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

kelijpa See, that's why I don't do well in the morning. I don't think clearly. I couldn't figure that out to save my life. Thank you for letting me know.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

So, I know I did well at the salad bar even though I showed a gain. They didn't have many protein options, except for cottage cheese. I think my gain is from the sodium in the cottage cheese. But, this type of stuff is so frustrating. I am OK with it, but I can see how someone just starting out can give up from this sort of thing.

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 184.4
Up: .6

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 10

James 5:13
Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

Bill kept telling June to ask God for help. June couldn't quite bring herself to do it. Prayer was for weaklings. Only people who couldn't handle life prayed. June would rather struggle by on her own than rely on a crutch. False pride is a sad affliction. People who feel that they are strong enough to handle every situation of life only fool themselves. Everyone is weak at some point in her life. The truly strong person is the one who acknowledges her weakness and has the wisdom to turn to God for help.

Today's thought: More time in prayer means less time to eat!
Old 10-10-2017, 08:53 AM   #86  
Work in Progress

Ok this is so bizarre

WO 33 min strength and cardio with fitness blender
WI up 2.0 from yesterday So this means I have had a gain of 2.6lbs in 1 week. I really am beyond frustrated. But I will push forward. I am hoping this gain is nothing more than water and lack of elimination.

pizzamonster welcome
Granny great job as usual
Kelipa I think we are all getting on this band wagon with EEVO LOl
Diana good choices at the salad bar

Todays focus, stay on point with my low carbs and add some oil where possible
Old 10-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Nancy ... struggling....maybe because you are close to a target weight your body is fighting it. .....
You don't add food when you exercise? I got into trouble doing that.

It is easy to see someone like me losing weight now because, well, I have 100lbs to lose and *should* be dropping but assume that slows way down when you are close.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:35 AM   #88  
Work in Progress

Thanks granny but I am not really close to goal I still have a solid 20lbs to go. I have hovered around the 160-161 mark since last March then just this past 3/4 weeks I have noticed a change with my weight going up. I have gone back to strict low carb at the first of the month but admit thur-sun were not stellar moments for me. I do know when I exercise I tend to gain water and over the weekend that seems to slip back off. So hoping for the best in the next month. I really want to be a solid 153.0 by Christmas ~Nancy
Old 10-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #89  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello you all!

Nancy: I have been popping by from time to time to see how you guys are doing, And I've noticed that no matter how hard you work out or how few carbs you eat, you seem to be either plateaued or bouncing up slightly and this has been going on for months. I saw an article somewhere recently about a gal who was having the same difficulty. She had lost a good amount of weight and then nothing, she had to fight just not to gain. It turned out she had "adrenal fatigue" Which was attributed to her low carb diet and high level of exercise. Something about increased cortisol levels which cause weight gain. I thought of you when I read it, but can't remember exactly where it was. We've been to lots of docs and hospitals lately so it may have been in a random magazine I picked up. I googled it and found something you might like to read if I can make the link work.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:10 PM   #90  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Https://chriskresser.com/is-a-low-carb-diet-ruining-your-health/
Closed Thread