Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

muffins how is your day going so far? It is about 8am here. Do you think that you will break your fast with dinner tonight, or breakfast tomorrow? I am pretty sure that I will end up making it to breakfast tomorrow, but I will eat dinner if I feel sick when I get home. I have a headache today and I am guessing that comes from caffeine withdrawal.

You are doing so well!!! I can't wait to be back in the 160's! Do you notice a pretty drastic difference compared to where you started at?

Not sure if you saw my questions about artificial sweeteners (diet coke)...

Thank you for explaining about Atkins and Keto. I do agree that it seemed odd that the new style of Aitkins included those things! I have a lot to read about, I know nothing!! I love potatoes, beans, oatmeal will all be difficult to give up, but the rest should be okay.
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #32  

ronja we were typing at the same time!! I am glad that your fast is going well so far. I also have a headache. I took some Tylenol this morning and also some IBprofin, so hoping that will help soon! I hope the rest of your day finishes up well, mine is just starting!!
Old 09-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #33  
Keto Warrior

S/C/G: 196/165/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi ronja and kfunk - hope you're both feeling better now. I'm on hour 46 now and feeling great. Pretty sure I'll make it to tomorrow. That should give me some great autophagy benefits. I might be imagining it but my tummy skin definitely felt smoother this morning so I'm willing to stick it out. I can easily see me doing this on a regular basis.
As for sweeteners, I'm not perfect and I do eat them. I like a can of diet coke occasionally and will bake with stevia. I try and avoid them if possible as I find too many sweeteners cause cravings for sweets and it's true they're not the best for you...
MrsMcsMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:46 AM   #34  

muffins You are doing awesome!! I am pretty sure that I will make it until tomorrow morning. I think this has been a bit more challenging because I was a bit stressed out to begin with. I think it would work better for me to do this on the weekends! That is awesome that you can tell a difference in how your stomach feels!! I am actually trying to cut out diet coke, this has been a battle for me though. It is so good and helps me while loosing weight because it feels like a treat.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Oh my, ladies, you are both amazing!!! You are rocking this!! Thank you so much for inspiring me to get back to my fasting routine. It's now 6 pm and I haven't eaten since 8 pm last night. I'm totally going to make it until breakfast tomorrow, but not longer, I'm still worried about my milk supply and stuff. However I find fasting on Whole 30 really easy so I want to repeat a 24 or 36 hours fast twice a week now!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:19 PM   #36  

ronja that is outstanding!!! I am leaning towards starting the whole 30 program myself, I really like hearing about your journey!! Great job!! I love having this support system in place, it makes it much easier!! I will probably be joining you for some of your 24 to 36 hour fasts
Old 09-13-2017, 12:20 PM   #37  

muffins have you been sticking to water, or have you had black coffee or tea?
Old 09-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #38  
Keto Warrior

Go ronja! You can do it.
Kfunk, it's great you want to go for whole30. Anything that reduces starches and sugars will help drastically.
As for me yep I have been water only. I don't even want to consume anything on the off chance it stops my autophagy - even a tiny bit of protein could stop it - because although the weight loss is a lovely benefit the main aim of this fast for me is autophagy.
But the weight loss is a lovely benefit! I got myself a pair of jeans 2 weeks ago knowing they were a size too small and I couldn't zip them up - they zipped up tonight... and I have noticed the edges of my obliques appearing again so I'm very happy. Just hoping to see plenty of autophagy and no loose skin at the end of this! I'm currently on hour 51 and feeling fine
Old 09-14-2017, 02:04 AM   #39  
Keto Warrior

Good morning ladies, hour 61 here and I've just woken for work. The way I'm feeling I might push this to 72 hours (but no longer) and do that once a month. I feel fine. Also ronja my 3 year old is having his morning drink so pleased to report that it's made no difference to my milk supply. It might be because he's older and my supply is well established, I wouldn't fast with a baby, but anyway no difference to my milk at all
Old 09-14-2017, 02:13 AM   #40  

MrsMcsMuffins wow, that's really impressive! And congratlations on zipping up those jeans, it's things lke this that make all the effort worth the wile. You are quite amazing, really! I just finished my 36 hours and no change in milk supply either, I'm not sure why because in past it was always affected by fasting. Maybe the baby is older, as you say, but I still don't feel comfortable with longer fasting while I breastfeed - perhaps it's now more a mental thing than anything else and I may change my decision in future. For now I want to stick to those 24-36 hours fasts once or twice a week and kfunk6113 it would be lovely if you joined me sometimes. I find it so much easier to stick to my plan when I have support on here. My husband is lovely and very supportive, but both him and my mum want me to be happy and healthy and fasting is a little too unorthodox a thing for them so I don't really talk about it with them and just do my thing more or less privately.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:37 AM   #41  
Keto Warrior

Sounds like a plan ronja. And it's always better to have a buddy I feel like I really need the support. There's not much acceptance of ketogenic diets and fasting yet in the UK and I get sick of defending it. It's been great to have you and kfunk on my team. Kfunk - whole 30 and shorter fasts aound like they might just be your thing. You can do it. I feel really good for doing this and not because of the weight loss, I know I've turned on autophagy and pulled fat from my liver by fasting so I've decreased my risk of cancer and diabetes. Fasting is a great tool. If you can commit to shorter fasts more often then go for it.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:30 AM   #42  

MrsMcsMuffins also thank you so much for information on how to do keto without counting carbs all the time I signed up for Cronometer and I intend to just log my food for few days to see how I compare to what is expected, and how many carbs does my current diet actually contain. I have now decided to add 2 extra weeks of whole30 and then try to introduce dairy to see if I can do keto. I have no intention of re-introducing gluten or any other meal group really, but dairy would be nice on keto. I will see. We now seem to have chatting on two or three difrerent threads so I apologize if I am replying to something that had been said elsewhere
Old 09-14-2017, 05:40 AM   #43  
Keto Warrior

Hi ronja, lots of people do keto without dairy but I would really struggle with that! I love my cream and cheese. They make everything taste so good and makes it really easy to get my fat in.
Cronometer will really help - always sorts me out when I feel like I'm going off track..
Hoping kfunk will chime in soon and let us know how she's holding up. Hour 65 for me here...I'm going for 72 and will do this once a month. I've never had so many compliments and people telling me I look great as I have in these last 3 days. I'll be breaking my fast a 6pm with a few walnuts and 2 squares of 85% dark chocolate to avoid any issues then an hour or so later if I'm feeling good I'm going to have chicken and veg swimming in butter
Old 09-14-2017, 08:40 AM   #44  

muffins and ronja I wanted to check in really quick and give an update. I had to break the fast 43 hours in. My headache turned into a migraine and I couldn't work with my nausea. I ended up laying down on my lunch break and when that didn't help I had some trail mix from the vending machine. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to keep that down because my migraine was awful. I came home from work and vomited again. I would have made it if not for that, and I will be trying again. I am upset that it wasn't the hunger that forced me to eat, but I realized late last night that I had neglected to take my anxiety medicine for a couple days and I was likely suffering symptoms of withdrawal from that and my symptoms had little to do with the fast itself.

muffins wow!!! You are amazing!! You must have felt so great zipping up those jeans!! I will likely join you on your next one since I figured out that I was feeling so awful because of my meds and not the fast! I am excited to start whole 30 and then after that I am going to start keto, I think it will be a good Segway to keto!!

ronja I am excited to join you in the future!! I plan on starting whole 30 very soon. I need to go grocery shopping to make sure that I am prepared and today we have a funeral and will be busy with that so I am not sure that I will make it!
Old 09-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #45  
Keto Warrior

Hi kfunk - good to hear from you. I'm glad you worked out what was making you ill. You've got to feel well to fast and I'm sure whole 30 will be a good way in for that. I'm on hour 68 now and will be breaking my fast soon. Looking forward to it now