Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-05-2017, 07:20 PM   #106  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Bandit -- I made a mess of cauliflower pizza once, and now I mostly make the fathead pizza dough, but I'll have to give the cauliflower one another try.

Speaking of cooked cheese, has anyone had Saganaki? It's Greek and it's basically fried cheese, with lemon spritzed on it. It's made with Halloumi cheese and I'm going to try making it this weekend, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Stuck at 247ish for 4 days now...ugh!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:19 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Gail, I never thought about using sliced cheese. I've only heard of people doing it with shredded cheese. Good idea!
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:37 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Well day 5 of keto diet here. I tried Ketostix today and it came out nice and pink, which made me unreasonably excited It means my body is indeed in ketosis - not that it got there in five days, I think it's also the five weeks of eating almost-keto diet before that helped. However, I have also read that ketosis is a tool, not a goal, and I mean to not obsess about numbers. As long as I limit carbs and eat enough fat, I should be ok. Good thing is I am getting adjusted to this way of eating, although I do ocassionally miss fruits to be honest.

Other than that, I feel fantastic!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #109  

Where are you, keto people?

I made a mistake today. I sometimes (like once a week) have a square or two of Lindt 85% chocolate. Today I felt like having one, so I went to the cupboard where we keep it and took two squares. While I was eating them they tasted different, so I checked the label and found out if was Lindt Chilli chocolate instead. "Well," I thought, "it will not make much difference". Boy, did it though!!! I later found out that the Chilli chocolate contains 50 g of carbs in 100 g of chocolate (50%!!!), while 85% cocoa chocolate has like 11 g of carbs in 100 g. Well, there is a mistake I will not make again. I did not even like the chilli taste all that much!
Old 10-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #110  
Multi-tasking is fun

S/C/G: 200/188/150

Height: 5'9

Hi Keto People,

Am I too late to join the party?

About me: 42 years old, PCOS, Celiac, no dairy, grains or sugar; way, way, way too much coffee (I'm working on reducing...baby steps).

When I am ketosis, I feel like a million bucks but never lose any weight (???). I have mostly accepted keto being for my health, rather than for my thighs. But I fully admit that weight loss (around ~40lbs according to my doctor) would be very welcomed.

I love to cook and make the time to do so despite Sandwich Generation obligations. My greatest "need" is a community of likeminded keto people. I just need to know that I'm not alone in this and an occasional reminder that this is a lifestyle, not a diet.

Nice to meet everyone and read your stories in the posts above. Congratulations on some terrific victories!

BBB
BrainBabiesBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:09 PM   #111  

BrainBabiesBe welcome on board, it will be great to have you here I'm fairly new to keto, although quite experienced in paleo/primal way of eating. I'm really surprised you don't tend to lose weight on keto. Are you also tracking calories? I've recently started using Cro-no-meter and I find it very helpful, it's so easy to balance meals when you see how much protein/fat/carbs you have remaining for the day...and it also tracks calories.

Having said that, I have now read that you also have PCOS and I know it may make weightloss tricky. I hope you find your own and unique way to help both your thighs and your health
Old 10-10-2017, 10:05 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone & welcome Brainbabiesbe!

Well I enjoyed my Thanksgiving weekend but I did fall off the Keto wagon for sure. So now that holiday is over, time for me to get back on track today.
At first I was doing fine but I did have 2 get togethers with full Thanksgiving dinner & ended up overdoing it.
On the upside, at both places I got some "weight loss" compliments so was very happy with that. I haven't been doing Keto very long but also to Tops group once a week for weigh ins & am down 14.5# this year. So I am down at least a size in my clothes & it was noticeable to people I don't see all the time.

Anyway, sounds like you are all doing great!
Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #113  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Sorry I have not posted in a bit. Glad you found the Chili recipe "Butter makes your pants fall off" Due to some stressful issues, I am down to 154 for a total of 40lbs lost. I am 5'9" so I don't want to go any lower.

Just throwing this out there, protein shakes make a stall or gain at times. Might want to reconsider them.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #114  

annie175 congratulations on reaching your goal! Amazing achievement!

bandit2 am I too late to wish you Happy Thanksgiving? It's ok to go off plan on holidays...as long as you return right back! Someone on here had a wise thought: It's not what we eat during holidays that makes us fat. It's what we eat for the rest of the year. For me, that's totally true!

Last edited by Ronja; 10-10-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi and thank you Ronja for your wise comment. Makes perfect sense, will keep that in mind.

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:37 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies!! I hope you don't mind me jumping in with a question... do any of you have low carb coffee creamer suggestions? I usually use Coffee Mate creamers but they have 5g of carb in each tablespoon. I have tried using heavy whipping cream and half and half, but I do not enjoy my coffee like that! I have been using 2 tablespoons of my peppermint mocha creamer, but that is 10g right there and I am trying to keep my daily total under 25!

Any suggestions are welcome!! Thank you!
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #117  

kfunk6113 sorry I can't help, I'm not familiar with US/UK market. Either way, I don't use creamers...just milk. Now I'm on keto I sometimes have whipping crteam in my coffee and it's like a desert than, but coffee with milk si my most favourite still. One tablespoon is less than 1 g of carbs and I usually use 3. Good enough. I stay between 20-30 g carbs a day though.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #118  
Multi-tasking is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronja View Post
BrainBabiesBe welcome on board, it will be great to have you here I'm fairly new to keto, although quite experienced in paleo/primal way of eating. I'm really surprised you don't tend to lose weight on keto. Are you also tracking calories? I've recently started using Cro-no-meter and I find it very helpful, it's so easy to balance meals when you see how much protein/fat/carbs you have remaining for the day...and it also tracks calories.

Having said that, I have now read that you also have PCOS and I know it may make weightloss tricky. I hope you find your own and unique way to help both your thighs and your health

Hi Ronja,
Thanks for the welcome! I'm using my Fitbit food log to track my macros; calories are in and around 1200 to 1400 per day, depending. But I can generally tell when I'm in keto because I feel so d*mn good all the time! But yes, I think the PCOS and now peri-menopause really are slowing me down. (ahem, the fun never stops eh?).

My plan is to just keep on because the mental/wellbeing side of keto is worth it....onward!

BBB
Old 10-11-2017, 05:23 PM   #119  
Multi-tasking is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie175 View Post
Sorry I have not posted in a bit. Glad you found the Chili recipe "Butter makes your pants fall off" Due to some stressful issues, I am down to 154 for a total of 40lbs lost. I am 5'9" so I don't want to go any lower.

Just throwing this out there, protein shakes make a stall or gain at times. Might want to reconsider them.
Hi Annie175,

We haven't met (I'm new...) but a huge congratulations on your 40lb loss! (though I hope the stressful issues are resolved for you.)

Best,
BBB

p.s. I'm with you on the protein shakes. They are disaster for me.

Last edited by BrainBabiesBe; 10-11-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #120  
Multi-tasking is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfunk6113 View Post
Good morning ladies!! I hope you don't mind me jumping in with a question... do any of you have low carb coffee creamer suggestions? I usually use Coffee Mate creamers but they have 5g of carb in each tablespoon. I have tried using heavy whipping cream and half and half, but I do not enjoy my coffee like that! I have been using 2 tablespoons of my peppermint mocha creamer, but that is 10g right there and I am trying to keep my daily total under 25!

Any suggestions are welcome!! Thank you!
Hi Kfunk6113,

This isn't a "creamer" per se but... if you soak a few **raw** cashews for an hour or more in hot water, and then throw them (NOT the soaking water, yuck!) in the blender with your hot coffee, you will get both creamy texture AND cappuccino froth on top.

Cheers,
BBB

Last edited by BrainBabiesBe; 10-11-2017 at 05:26 PM.