21-DAY CHALLENGE #4 -- Please join us!!

You're on Page 1 of 15
Go to
  • Hello Dear Readers. I'm taking up where our founder, : Amarantha, has left off and continuing the 21-Day Challenge. This is No. 4!

Please jump aboard and count with us. You pick something you want to do every day for the next 21 days. It can be anything related to your goals of weight loss, better health, better eating habits, anything really. You do it each day and report back here as you count along. If you slip up you have to start counting all over again. It's all up to you what you consider a slipup and if it constitutes starting over.

The numbers help keep you on track and give you a LOT of momentum in the later days. I've done it twice now and I can tell you, it is really GREAT. Knowing you have to start counting over just doesn't make whatever it is you're trying NOT to do as tempting. Well, maybe tempting, but you realize the price is way too high.

PLEASE join us. You can join anytime, there's no specified beginning and ending date with this challenge. We have people just starting out now and some halfway through.

Hope to see you soon!!!
  • I am a new member here and just stumbled on the challenge. I have a quick question. We pick just one thing to do everyday for 21 days? Could that be something like walk around a track or do situps everyday? What types of things do people do?
  • palemoonnight, hello! I sure hope you join. I LOVE your name. I'm sitting here dreaming of a cool night with a pale moon hanging big and high in the sky. . .wow. It's also bringing to mind my favorite piano piece, which I've been trying to learn, Clair de Lune by Debussy. . .oops! getting way off the track here...

Yes, you pick anything you want to do. We've had people doing a walk every day and we had someone doing situps every day. I did that actually as part of a multiple challenge last time. And thanks to these past three weeks I can now knock out 4 sets of 20 without pain (well, barely). In the beginning it was tough. I felt like I was going to spew!! excuse my graphic language!

Others have vowed to stay away from soda pop or have sworn off fast food, eating out. We've had people counting calories and staying under a certain number. I stayed off sugar of any kind, including sweetener, for both my two times and I tell you, there is no way in the world I would have done it if I hadn't had this place to come to. It can be something psychological too, like building your self-worth and esteem, looking in the mirror once a day and saying, "Damn, you are beautiful!" Whatever doesn't come easily to you, that's a good place to start.

So yes, the choice is yours. It may not seem like much to others and it may not even seem like much to you (just the idea of it) but if it's YOUR challenge, which of course it is, you know what's hard for you. Doing something for 21 days straight is NOT easy but it's very, very doable. So come on, give it a try.
    We are all here to support you.

A lot of people try, stumble, get back up, over and over again, but that's what it's all about.

C'mon, take the plunge! I, for one, am waiting for you!
  • ok I think I will choose the walk. I have a large mile track close to my house. I think once around the track everynight is very doable. And if I feel like it I can do more.

Count me in!
  • Welcome aboard!!
    ALL RIGHT, palemoonnight is IN! Once around the mile track every night! Day 1 and counting!

• Hi
    Hi, can I join too? I want to put a twist on mine though. I want to drink 8 cups of water daily, do 30 minutes of exercise daily, and 5 sets of 10 sit ups daily. If I happen to miss one then I will just start recounting the one. The others will continue. It's just 3 separate ones. Does that make sense? I hope you don't mind Well goodnight and good luck
    Diana
  • Hi RedBalloon! Thanks for starting a new thread!

Welcome, palemoonlight and Dewcan! The 21-dayer is very motivating---I'm on my 2nd one, 7th day. I love seeing those days add up!
    I'm doing it the old-fashioned way---counting calories with awareness of fat and fiber grams too. Following a mostly whole foods diet and working out every day--consisting of walking [ususally the treadmill] everyday--supplemented by yoga, weights, Pilates, bellydancing, and the occasional step video, if I'm tired of walking.
    I want to start drinking 10-12 cups of water a day. I do well now, just want to add more.
    I've been on this journey for over 5 years. And now I'm scarily close to my goal weight---just 9 pounds from it!

Good luck, everybody. Accountability is key--let's check in with each other every day, even if it's only briefly!
  • DewCan, welcome! So glad you're joining us. Well, three things, three different things?!?! I think you'll have to sign on as three different people to do that . . . NOT! Of course you can do that. It's your challenge! Maybe you can help us out though by giving us a daily tally on each thing. . . something like Water = Day 3, 30 Min. = Day 1, Situps = Day 6, something like that. Otherwise, we's gonna get mighty confused! Then again, I'm expecting to see them counting down together, right?! Right!!

Hi Eydie, glad to see you. OK, lucky 7. You're doing it! Wow, only 9 lbs from goal weight! You must be excited.

Well, I'm actually between challenges. Taking a day or two off and will report back in with my Day 1 soon. I'll report in anyhow, to see how y'all are doing. I think it's a good idea, Eydie, to say hi, even just a short little heh! That's one thing I really like about this challenge, this thread, is that you can do that. It's not necessary to write a lot. If you want to write a lot though, feel free. Tell us when you cruisin' along just fine, tell us when you're stumblin' and trippin' and fallin' down. We want to hear from you! We are a rollin' tumblin' bunch!

Ciao for now!
  • I'm here!! I'm here!! On day #3 of 21!!! I was a bad girl yesterday and ate tooooo many carbs and am paying for it today! Bloated, groggy, icky. Just had my good breakfast and feel much better. Bloodsugars back to normal. I now know that there is no fooling around on this diet that Doc put me on.

Hello to everyone!
  • DAY 16
    Hello everyone,

Welcome, Palemoonlight and Dewcan!! Good luck to you on this challenge.

I am on day 16!!! When you get this close is when the motivation really kicks in, why would I want to go ALL the way back to Day 1?

to all who are movin' on up to day 21!

Eydie, I can't believe you are so close to your goal, you can do it !!
    Way to go! I think I remember you are planning on maybe by end of daylight savings, I'll have to go and check the other forum.

Redballoon, don't wait too long in between or we will miss you! congrats on completing your block!

Hotsplashes, I have been eating less carbs too and I decided to have pizza. Man oh man was I sick! I couldn't believe it. You are right, there is no messing around. Good luck to you on to day 4!

I'll check in with you guys later,

BoBeena
  • HI Everyone, My name is Sherrie and I am too new. I am just starting a diet. I say I am going to walk for 2 hours all 7 days of the week. What better motivation could I find ???

May I join in also ?

Have a beautiful day, Sherrie (PyePye
  • Hi, I'm new to this site and feel that the 21-day challenge is a wonderful opportunity to succeed. I have difficulty journaling each day. When I journal I usually am successful in my goals. So, one of my choices will be to journal each day. The second is to do my floor exercises daily. I look forward to sharing my successes and encouraging you to achieve yours.
  • Hi everyone-

I've seen your 21 day challenge before and didn't know what it was that I wanted to do. But I would like to join this time. I'm trying to reach a goal by the New Year and this would definately help.
    I pretty much want to do what DewCan want's to do. Without the twist. I want to drink 8 cups of water daily if not more. That has always been my biggest problem: water intake. And in the past, I have found that is the biggest help in my weight loss.
    So if you don't mind me joining......
    So since this would be my first day....I've already had 5 glasses, not to bad for starters. Let's see if I can get the other three....

Marti
  • ok SO today was my first day in the 21 day goal challenge. I did my mile walk, but I ended up having to go to another track cause the one by my house was being mowed. I am very alergetic to fresh cut grass. I saw that and turned right around and went back home. Then I wsa like "I am not staying home!" So I got in my car and drove to the river to walk around the trck there.
  • hi all
    sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm doing good but it's only my first day. Water=day 1, exercise=day 1, situps=day 1. I hope I can the same tomorrow. Wow BoBeena, day 16, don't give it up now. Well it's late, goodnight
    Diana