Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2017, 02:49 AM   #16  

hi all
this is going to be fast. Late at night. Chrome got corrupted. So I had to call Dell tech. It took a while to get the favorites back. But he figured it out. I am SO grateful for "pro support"

Diana I hope Cody had a great birthday. I want for my birthday what he had And again, Congratulations on the sale of the house. I hope you will be celebrating. congrats on the 1 lb loss.

CommaHolly I used to eat asparagus when I had too much sodium. It did help.

LurchMomma ouch. I am sorry you got hurt trying to save fish. I would do the same thing. I am not very good at seeing animals in fear etc. I am SO sorry you were not treated for Lyme when they first found it. I think many people walk around with undiagnosed Lyme. But yours was diagnosed and ignored. Glad the treatment was successful.

Chunkahlunkah I am in great respect of how you changed your thoughts. Knowing that success can be yours. And there is no reason you cannot have exactly what you know is right for you. WTG !!!

Today I went grocery shopping. I did not buy anything bad. Yes, there were 3 samples. But thats okay. I do not believe they have calories. My regular pattern of buying a cookie or chocolate or popchips did NOT prevail.

Still feeling sick. Coughed up a hairball while on the phone with the dell tech. But in my defense, I said excuse me

I bought two food hypnosis MP3s. For 1 day the man had them on sale for a dollar a piece. Normally one of them was quite expensive. Now all I have to do is listen to them I have a long line of things I have to listen to each day.

Today total calories 1130
B Coffee w/ cocoa powder, stevia, cashew milk and coconut cream 300 ??
L: chicken sausage with carrot, onion, green bean and cabbage. 380
D Chicken soup with same veggies as above 250
Samples 200

I hope everyone has a good Friday. ♥
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Lurch: So sorry about your fall. Between myself and my job I know all too well about head injuries. If you're feeling off or not like yourself AT ALL please go see your doctor.

Re: low carb...that's how I lost al my weight. It's the only thing that ever worked for me. The notion of "a calorie is a calorie" doesn't work with my body chemistry. Anyway...to help with induction please hydrate yourself extra and make sure you're using extra salt or eating pickles when you feel crappy. Ketosis flushes sodium out of your body naturally so it's important to add extra, especially at the beginning.

Good luck, you can do it!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:17 AM   #18  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I'm hoping yesterday was my last day of TTOM, we'll see.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 183.6
No Change (I ended up going to bed very late last night, so this is to be expected. )

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 2

1 John 3:2-3
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Sometimes we fool ourselves into believing that to be like Jesus means to act like Him or think like Him or pray like Him, and we ignore that we should try to look like Him, too. We don't know that Jesus was thin, but we can be confident that He was not overweight, because He preached moderation and denounced gluttony. He cared for Himself, and He called others to care for themselves, also. How wonderful it would be to be able to stand face-to-face with our Lord and to mirror Him in both His spiritual and physical perfection!

Today's thought: When people look at me, I want them to see Jesus!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:01 AM   #19  

GOOD MORNING,,,,,I forgot to copy my calories down yesterday,,

Breakfast 350 calories
English muffin
peanut butter
coffee with chocolate creamer

Lunch 590 calories
Chicken Caesar wrap

Dinner 627 calories
Cod fillets (2 servings) with panko parmesan topping
1 ear corn on the cob with spray butter
2/3 cup of cole slaw

Snacks 270 calories
great value ice cream cone (the kind with chocolate and peanuts on top)

TOTAL CALORIES 1837

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

It's Friday, thank the Fairy Godmother!
CommaHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:29 AM   #20  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Lurch - Yes, please get a helmet before cycling lol! Man, that fall sounded painful. I hope you're ok! I love that you were aiming to help the fish, so kind hearted of you.

Diana - Incorporating short activity during the day is a great idea, thank you! I really need to make that a habit. In the past, I'd try but not last long. I don't think I'll ever maintain my preferred weight if I don't fix that.

Flower - lol at coughing up a hairball. Your manners are much better than my cat. The little jerk never says sorry. Cool purchase with the hypnosis recordings.

Holly - Haha I'm a scale masochist too! That's cool that you can mentally take just Mondays seriously.

Happy Friday, all! It's another beautiful day here, so I'm going to get in another long walk.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:53 AM   #21  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Chicks!

Ideal: Thanks for the tip about sodium, I wasn't aware of that! I've done Atkins twice over the years. The first time I lost 30 or 40 pounds, and then foolishly returned to my destructive empty carb stress eating. The second time was just recently when I lost the 15 pounds, then quit, and again started empty carb stress eating. I am determined to lose the weight this time and avoid the slippery slope of processed foods. I think I would be able to keep the weight off by eating healthy carbs in moderation.

Flower: LOL. I did save the fish. DH said I leapt right up and ran straight for the dock. He thought I was disoriented and was going to run right into the lake! Boy am I sore this morning. It's funny how I "know" I'm an overweight, middle aged woman, but when my adrenaline kicks in, I "believe" I'm still that lithe, trim 17 year old. Until gravity and terra firma conspire to remind me otherwise. LOL. How is the strep? Do you have recurrent strep?

Chunkahlunkah: I hate helmets, because they never seem to fit my big old head right. The strap is either choking me, or the helmet is sliding down on my forehead interfering with my vision. I think I just don't know how to adjust them correctly. I will go and buy yet ANOTHER one, LOL, as I seem to buy them and then give up and toss them.

CommaHolly: I think I'm okay. I have a big bruise on my thigh. DH said I hit the trailer on my way down. I don't remember that! It's great that you are posting regularly! Keep it up!

Diana: My DH is disabled and is on many, many meds as well. So far, I'm not taking any. By the grace of God, I hope to keep it that way!

I'm hoping you all have a great day! If I missed anyone, I'm sorry, it's just because I'm old and addled!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 06-02-2017 at 12:23 PM.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:42 PM   #22  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone I did not get chance to post yesterday. The interview I think went well but they are going to interview others too and make a decision at the end of next week.
I am without my laptop so trying get to post with my small tablet lol.
W/o week 2 of 8 finished so yeah, still staying get off the scale until Sunday.
I don't think I will do any long posts until I have a proper keyboard, this two finger peck is awful.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone, I'm new here. I'm looking for some extra accountability and hoping I can hold myself accountable to check in here as often as I can. (I'll be on vacation and away from the internet from the 10th to the 17th, so you may not see me much then.)

I'm 32, a mother of two boys (3 years and 11 months), and I have a huge problem with snacking and binging that I'm trying to get under control. I work as a writer and I'm pretty inactive outside of chasing the kids. I currently weigh 198lbs. I'd like to get under 160 for health reasons.

Part of the problem is that I have high-calorie foods in my house to feed my very active and high-metabolism kids. They eat and burn it off quickly; I eat and it just accumulates. Self-control is my goal.

Yesterday, I logged 2,039 calories. 1,282 of those were snacks.
ForTheLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #24  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Flower Great job, yesterday. Are you still using the ?

CommaHolly Gosh, I'm glad for the weekend, too. But it still seems like so much to do, LOL.

Chunkahlunkah I don't last long with the extra movement, either. Today, I put in a longer workout and I kept getting interrupted. So I guess it was like getting movement throughout the day, LOL.

LurchMomma Our health is a funny thing. You can do all the right things but still have issues. Or, like I have seen other people, do everything wrong, stay healthy and live into their 90's.

ForTheLose Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening and rest well.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:18 PM   #25  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)

2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)

Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55
Old 06-03-2017, 01:23 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Hello all!
My weigh in for the month of May put me at a loss of 5 pounds- 181.6!
I've backed off on the intensity and duration of my elliptical and have been walking more. I'd been overdoing it, and feeling a little butt tired. Feeling good overall. Tomorrow my hubby and I are off to purchase/go into debt to get a minivan (Toyota sienna). We joke that it's my reward for losing 130 pounds, Ill take it!
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesMarion View Post
Hello all!
My weigh in for the month of May put me at a loss of 5 pounds- 181.6!
I've backed off on the intensity and duration of my elliptical and have been walking more. I'd been overdoing it, and feeling a little butt tired. Feeling good overall. Tomorrow my hubby and I are off to purchase/go into debt to get a minivan (Toyota sienna). We joke that it's my reward for losing 130 pounds, Ill take it!
Jules: Way to go! You're killing it!!!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:06 AM   #28  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

JulesMarion Congrats!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 182.2
Down: 1.4 pounds

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 3

Psalm 71:5
For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.

A friend of mine slipped into a well when he was a child, and all he remembers of the experience was praying to God and awaiting rescue. He recounts how he felt no fear because he knew God would get him out of his trouble. He placed his hope in the Lord, and he was not disappointed. Being overweight can sometimes feel like being in the bottom of a deep, dark well, with no way out. But we do have a way out. The Lord is a lifeline and a Savior indeed. If we will place our trust in Him, He will be faithful to lift us out of the dark places and set us fully in the light.

Today's thought: Lift me from my well of obesity!
Old 06-03-2017, 09:27 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Good morning!

I'm home! I was in SC all week for business. My goal was to try to not gain more than 2 lbs, and I gained .8 I have a feeling it's water weight and just not being on my regular program. I did walk an hour each day on the beach which was nice. I don't have to travel again until July, when we're going on vacation.

My goal is 10 lbs in 4 weeks starting on Monday. That really means I have to kick it in high gear. There has been entirely too much travel and eating out in May so I only lost a few pounds. I'll be doing HIIT on my indoor bike on MWF and weights on Tues/Thursday and off on the weekends. But I do want to be sure to get in 10,000 steps a day as well as I do know for me keeping moving all day helps me burn more calories.

Lurch - I hope you only injured your pride. I've fallen off a dock before into the water, not the most fun thing in the world. I'm doing south beach, not atkins. It's high protein, veggies, fruit and "good" carbs like brown rice, etc. For me I have to learn how I'll eat the rest of my life and Atkins to me isn't sustainable forever. But if a quick easy loss is what you need, that's the way to do it. But I'm pretty much just going by calories now, I just use south beach as a guide of how to eat healthy.

Jules - congrats on the car.

Nancy - hope the job hunt is going well. I always say it's a 2 way street and since you spend so much time there, you have to feel good about it. But it's so hard to tell on an interview - on both sides.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #30  
Beginning Lifter

S/C/G: 196/---/135

Height: 5'8" Pear Shape

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

June's started off not that spot-on with food, was the bf's birthday and I took him out for dinner and made a ridiculously sweet cake. Was fun though! Now it's a week of focusing on water intake and choosing healthy for my night shift eating. Macro's were very heavy on the carbs and fat these past 2 days, going to focus on my protein intake this week.

Weighed in at 159 still, my menses week had it bouncing around for a bit but I'm not surprised that it hasn't moved.

I dug my Jillian Michael's DVD's out of storage, I missed these Weight lifting was a bit on halt these past 2 days, the bf and I dropped in on a gym day-pass to bug a trainer and have our form's corrected and tweaked. We work out at home so far, so that was a good thing to do! My deadlifts were so awkward, I feel a lot more confident in doing them now. I definitely have been shy of going my max, a lot of things are being gradual for me because I have had abdominal surgery and I get a bit wussy when I feel my repaired abdominal wall tug on a heavy lift!
graciey is offline   Reply With Quote