Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #1  

Default Is it bad to eat under the calories you're supposed to?

I have a weight loss app. It says i should eat 2200-2500 calories a day to lose 1-2 lbs a week.

I have been eating 1600-1900 calories a day since i am not to active.

Is this ok?

Or will it cause problems in the future?

(I lose about 1-3lbs a week)

Last edited by MyxJourney2xAxNewxMe; 05-20-2017 at 08:42 PM.
MyxJourney2xAxNewxMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Your profile does not say if you are male or female. The minimum calories for a female is 1200 and for a male it is 1600. Either way,I think you are ok at 1600-1900, but that seems a little low for a male, to me. If you are eating healthy foods and that number of calories satisfies your hunger, it should be Ok.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #3  

Thank you! I am a female,sorry didn't see where to fill that out but just found it. I have been eating little meals with mostly chicken, tuna and eggs. However if my family is having something i love. I just fit it into my calories. My diets all used to fail when i deprived myself of my favorite foods. Like I'll have pizza with a side salad or a veggie or fruit instead of two slices of pizza.
I've lost like 80lbs doing this. Then i got depressed and put back on 20lbs which made me more depressed unfortunately. I think i am getting back on track now though. The 20lbs went back on so fast and easy though. I wanted to see if it was cause i was eating to little.
MyxJourney2xAxNewxMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I think it's a good idea to fit the foods you love into your calories, with caution. It's best to eat as many nutrition dense foods as you can and once your body gets used to them, it will crave healthy food. But on the other hand, if you try to eliminate some favorites, it can make you feel deprived and crave them more. Only you know if you are able to eat small amounts without going overboard.

The slice of pizza with a salad or veggie is a great idea! Another thing I have done is take the cheese and topping off the pizza and chop them up into a bowl of greens. Pizza Salad! It give you the taste of pizza without the heavy carbs of the crust.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-26-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #5  

I am doing an experiment to figure this out and would love to share it with the community but am currently restricted from posting until I hit 25.
ionbattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:06 PM   #6  
Staying Positive

S/C/G: 206/185/160

Height: 5'5"

There are a lot of factors that weigh in on what your body needs. It takes practice figuring out what foods and exercises work right for you. In my experience going into something all at once can lead to failure. Motivation is hard to make stick but implementing different eating habits and intakes can help you adjust. This app saying that's what your daily calorie intake should be is irrelevant. It's important to always keep a healthy mindset but overthinking can make it a lot harder than it needs to be.
TristalTheNini is offline   Reply With Quote