Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/181/160

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Lost 65 pounds, gained 25 back ='(

I went through a weight loss clinic and lost 65 pounds. Since I got down to 154, I went through a ton of emotional and negative life events, and once I ate badly for a while, I couldn't stop. I still can't. I'm no longer eating out every meal or eating badly at every meal. I am following a diet book that is truly sustainable and healthy (slow and steady weight loss), but my food addiction is overpowering. I used to have the best willpower, but now, it's totally shot. I feel like, "I've gained 25 back, so what's the point?" I look at myself in complete disgust. Help. Please tell me it's possible to lose the weight again without having to check in to a clinic and pay the ridiculous price of their food supplements.
bagoodyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:30 PM   #2  

Default There is hope

I gained the weight I lost and kept off for a while and am back doing the plan that works best for me to stop food cravings which is the South Beach Diet. But I think no matter what plan we do it takes a couple weeks to adjust. Don't give up at least you are here 🎉🎈
HorseChick50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/235/145

I totally relate. I lost close to 70 lbs and was finally back in onederland last year (December). Then a family crisis happened and I reverted right back to old eating/drinking habits and boom. Regained FORTY.

We really CAN do this. For the first time, this isn't for my kids, for my husband, for anyone else....this is for me. I AM WORTH IT. So are you! Let's put aside shame from our missteps and move forward from THIS point on. I always used to wait until Monday, or the beginning of the next month, or the next morning-NO. The next moment can be a chance for better choices. Every moment is a perfect chance to start fresh.
Sorry for rambling, I'm partly talking to myself here. lol You got this!
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/See Ticker/170

I totally empathize- I've probably lost over 100lbs, it's just that I've lost the same 20 lbs over and over again. It can be so overwhelming but you can do this! You might benefit from either reading, "The Power of Habit" or watching some of the videos from it on youtube- it gives a lot of insight about why we fall back into old habits and how to change it.
KsLittleSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote