Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-12-2017, 05:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195.6/185.2/135.9

Height: 5'4"

Default Quit medifast and now using MyFitnessPal

I did medifast for 2 months and lost 15 lbs. but I got tired of how restrictive it was and bored of the medifast meals. I want more flexibility with the foods I eat while losing weight. I drink 64 oz of water a day and dislike sugary drinks now. I like eating protein and veggies for lunch and dinner.

Has anyone had any success losing weight starting with medifast and switching to a more flexible diet? I used to eat 900 calories a day, 80-100g carbs with medifast. If I switch to 1200 cals should I still stay below 100g?

(I'm a 26 female 5'4")
yazzyfresh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:43 AM   #2  
mjf

900 calories is not enough. You should be eating at least 1200 calories a day (or at least 1400 if you're exercising regularly), and you'll still be able to lose weight.

I think 100g carbs would be ok. Slightly higher or lower should be ok too, but I think the exact percentage isn't really important (although some people find it easier to lose weight on a low carb diet). I think the most important thing is to eat the right carbs. Refined carbs (e.g. white bread) and sweets will make it harder to lose weight. Your carbs should come from foods like whole grains (e.g. brown rice, quinoa), starchy vegetables (e.g. sweet potatoes), and beans.

Last edited by mjf; 05-13-2017 at 01:43 AM.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #3  

You can try (https:"//play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.solinno.recipyapp") this app.Recipes has its nutrition table and calorie counts. I guess it is only available for android.
emiry9797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:32 AM   #4  
Fresh Starter

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazzyfresh22 View Post
Has anyone had any success losing weight starting with medifast and switching to a more flexible diet?
I started with Medifast and lasted about a week - couldn't stomach the food but needed to commit to a radically different program in order to jumpstart my diet. I still keep shakes and soups handy for when I find myself in a pinch. I switched to low carb and now doing keto and tracking my macros closely using a spreadsheet. Keto is absolutely working for me, and I'm having one main meal a day without much hunger.
jeanscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

To know how many calories to eat my fitness pal has a calculator which can guide you with how many calories to eat to lose weight or maintain etc

If you don't eat Enough you can end up putting on weight - body goes into starvation mode and basically shuts down metabolism so whilst initially you lose weight once it shuts down it will see gains

High protein is great too
Oh and suggest every two weeks or so recalculate calories needed keep on top of it to keep on track
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote