Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #91  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hello Everyone!

LKB Angel -- I think it's probably a good idea to discuss your daughter's condition with your doctor once again. I really understand where you are coming from (my son has autism) -- so as a mom -- I know how important it is to have someone with whom you can share feelings. This is a stressful time, but you will find the strength to see it through. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Generally: WHEW! Homecoming is over. Dinner was a smashing success and my daughter and her friends looked beautiful. I managed to get them dressed, madeup, fed, and out the door on time. If I knew how to insert a photo I'd do so -- but I haven't figured out the how yet. If anybody would care to explain the photo posting system...then I'll show you a digital from last night.

Otherwise...I hope everyone is doing well on program. I'd write more -- but I have to straighten everything up from last night. Girls "getting ready" can cause a huge mess. One bathroom looks like a cyclone hit! And although I washed all the dishes, I still have to pack the china back in the protective bags.

Rainbowmyst
Old 09-21-2003, 08:10 PM   #92  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hello Everyone!

I am not sure this link will work -- but here's a link to a photo of my daughter and her friends before they left for the homecoming dance.

My daughter is the blonde wearing the blue dress.

http://community.webshots.com/script...ecurity=FgfUSb

Rainbowmyst
Old 09-21-2003, 09:19 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick post... having computer problems and hubby is trying to install a driver on the computer. I am currently having to use a dila up and let me tell you once you are used to dsl you can never go back..... it has taken him 30 minutes to ownload this driver... UGH!

Anyway, I will post to catch up with everyone hopefully tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:54 PM   #94  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

rainbow, I couldn't access your photo. It seems like you have to be logged in to that site to do so.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:34 AM   #95  

Hello All!

Sorry for the long absence. As you know things are crazy here. We actually have the house sided. Its just the garage now. But there is a lot of little extra projects that need to be done. My bil's also decided now to stay another week. So they are not leaving until the first week in Oct. I pray I can make it. They are not so bad its just a lot to have so many people in your house. Not to mention they eat a lot of food!!

LkbAngel I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I think you are right to push them to do more now. My son had water on his brain when he was a baby and it is very stressful when your kids are not "all right". If you met my son now you probably would not know he had any problems but I still see it. The water on his brain is gone now but they stated he would be caught up by the time he is five. Well that is not the case and I am always concerned for him. So I guess what I am saying is I understand btdt. It is stressful and hard to deal with when it is your child. Hopefully finding out more will ease your anxiety.

Well as far as my diet goes. I had a very suprising 2.5 loss this week. I was very shocked. Everything felt off to me but maybe the stress I feel is what did it. So I am actually below goal now. 133.25. I am trying to taper off now. Because I don't really want to get much smaller. Tone would be nice but I don't want to lose much more.

My TOPS club had there fall rally this weekend. My club picked me to be there club angel. Its supposed to be the person with the most sucess, and who motivates them ect... It brought tears to my eyes. The ladies in my club are very nice.

Well I have to run. It is time to get my son up for school!

Good Luck Ladies!

Beth
Old 09-22-2003, 08:40 AM   #96  

Good Morning Everyone!

Well hubby worked on the computer yesterday from 2:30pm until 1:00am and it still doesnt have eerything back on.... dsl is working though.... THANK GOD!!!!! I will tell you once you have dsl you cant stand dial up....

Well I got the book club up and running this morning. Running behind at work here and cant seem to get motivated to care about it. Just cant stand my job anymore. Been trying to get my boss on the phone since last wednesday to get some special pricing for a customer. Cant get him on the phone. How am I supposed to get aything done when I cant even speak to him!
UGH!!!!!

LKB ANgel- I will continue to pray for you and your daughter. I hope it all works out. I know how concerned you are. When my son was 5 he contracted HSP.... a rare thing that no one really knows about.... it creates a rash all over the lower half of the body where the blood vessels just start releasing the blood, servere arthritic type pain in all the joints, and lots of other things happen.... we took him to the doctor and at first told me it was growing pains and to take him home(at the time the rash wasnt there) by the time I got home the rash was there and called the doctor and he sent me to the emergency room where we say all night.... it is a scary thing when you walk out of your childs er room to see 5 doctors with medical books in front of them flipping pages because they have no clue what he has.... he turned out fine - THANK GOD! - but it is scary. I hope yours turns out as well.

Rainbow- YOU SURVIVED!!!! YEAH!!!! I havent tried to get the pic yet... waiting for my computer to be better!

Well I had best get to work!
Old 09-23-2003, 02:04 AM   #97  
work in progress

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!!

Well, I didn't have PT this morning and it was raining outside, so i did the lazy thing and slept in.. it may not have been the best choice but boy it sure felt good!!
I weighed in yesterday and after a HORRIABLE food weekend I had not gained or lost a lb. I am not exactly sure what my problem is with the food. I was doing so well.
Congratulations to Loosing in IL for PASSING your goal! I know I would love to be 133lbs again.
Reading your post brought to mind a question I have for everyone. I am trying to tone and lose at the smae time (well, I have to tone and loose at the same time) and I know that liftign weights can slow weight loss in one sence that it weighs more than muscle (but it also burns fat better). So, what is everyone else doing??
I have to finish getting ready for work.
Have a great day!

Last edited by Lavender Girl; 09-23-2003 at 02:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:05 AM   #98  

Talking

WAY TO GO BETH!!!!!!!!

You and I must have been posting at the same time yesterday because i didnt catch your note!!!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!

I know you are thrilled and I am happy for you!

You are definetely an inspiration and the TOPS lady picked the right angel!

That is such great news - you made my day!

As for me I got on the scale this morning and am down another 1/2#... I dont really know how because I ate at McD's last night... (BOO!!!!) I dont ever eat at McD's - as in EVER but it was calling my name so bad that I finally said "Let's just get it over so I wont feel like this all week".... I just got the chicken nuggets kids meal and really only ate half of it so I dont feel like I did too bad but still wish I wouldnt have....

Lavender- I do work with weights. I know that muscle weighs more but it also makes you look better and also muscle burns more calories that fat so hat actually once you build the muscle you would lose weight faster.........
Anyway, I am running late for work! Will catch up to you later!
Old 09-23-2003, 08:47 PM   #99  

Hey Everyone!!!!!

How is everything going? Work is a little hectic right now.......

Studying real estate also.... classes start next Wednesday......

Have lost anouther 1/2# which is great since I am not really doing anything significant.... lots of thoughts going on lately.... and just doing some basic common stuff.....

Hope everyone else is doing great....... talk to you soon!
Old 09-24-2003, 02:32 AM   #100  
work in progress

Exclamation

Has anyone gotten sick after excersizing? This morning after P.T. (physical training) I started feeling nauseated towards the end and when we started streching I started getting chills but was still sweating, I got in my car to go home and could smell all of the autoban which made me sicker to my tummy and that I felt like I had to go to the bathroom RIGHT NOW.. I got home - skin was cold to the touch, but i took eveything off because I felt so hot... I just sat on the bathroom floor wishing I would die. It took me about 30 minutes just to be able to stand in the shower and then the smell of my shampoo made me sick. Right now its been a little over an hour and I still feel like crap.
I sounds like a heat injury, but my work out wasn't that hard and it was really cold outside this morning.
I am afraid to eat because I don't want to see it in reverse. And I am supposed to go to the gym at 11.30!
Well, I hope everyone's morning was better than mine!
Has this ever happened to anyone else? What did you do?
Old 09-24-2003, 06:19 AM   #101  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Lavender Girl, I've gotten sick after exercising but I don't think it was due to the exercise, at least, not with the symptoms you describe.

That sounds either like food poisoning or the flu coming on and I'd say more like food poisoning because the smells made you feel sick. I'd rethink going to the gym and take it easy till you see what you've got. The changing seasons can do that if you've gotten a bad chill too but the smells making you nauseous sounds like it's more. This is the season for sudden illnesses so don't get too worried. Just lie low and you should get through it.

Wow, I sure hope you feel better! Here's wishing you well.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:19 AM   #102  

Hi Lavender- I am with red - I dont think it was the work out... it may have brought it on faster because you got everything moving but I think it is probably food poisoning of some kind!

I would take a break from the gym today. You dont want to push too hard when you are sick like that!

I hope ou feel better soon!

How is everyone else doing?

I am doing pretty good. Been looking into the internal stuff alot lately. I guess because I am working through Dr Phil's book.

I am starting to realize that alot of my 'truths' arent true at all.... one of the things he has said in passing on his show yesterday that had a lightbulb go on was

"Everyone has a role in life? What is your role and what would you like your role to be?"

I realize that I have played a role of being this outgoing, happy person. Always doing stuff for everyone else so that I feel that I deserve their love. Like if I didnt bend over backwards to do everything for them then I didnt deserve it. Happy, Happy, Happy!
Always hiding behind the smile. I dont want to be that role anymore.

I want to be the person that really is happy. Happy with her family. Happy with her job. Happy with herself. I want to feel sexy, confident, smart (I feel so stupid at times), funny. I can be this person and that is the person I am going to work on being.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:28 AM   #103  

Hello All!
Well Just dropping in for a minute. I have to take my mil to the doctor this morning.

Angel way to go on the loss! I would not sweat it about the MCd's either. I eat there sometimes and I usually just have a double cheeseburger or that and a few fries. But then I try to eat light the rest of the day. We can't live in a bubble Mcd's is always going to be there and its how we handle it that matters.

How is everyone else? Lavendar I hope you are feeling better. Sounds like the flu. Are you sure its not morning sickness? Dare I even say it!!

Well I have to run. Thanks for the congrads!

Beth
Old 09-25-2003, 09:04 AM   #104  

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope all is well in yalls world!

Well food wise I am not doing so good... not doing terrible just not being supper diligent like I should.....

Been trying to get so much accomplished that I am starting to put myself on the back burner again... (BAD - BAD - BAD)..... what is it about us girls that think everything else and everybody else is more important thatn little ole us???? I get so frustrated with myself!!!!

I have got to my calender back out and start living on a schedule if I plan on getting anything done!

Thanks for the encouragment Beth! I need that!

Lavender- How are you feeling? My daughter came ome from school yesterday with the flu.... was saying all the things you had posted.... did you give her the flu???

Beth- I am glad to hear your house is almost done. I know you will be so happy when it is....

LKB- How are you and your daughter and family doing?

Red- How is your time in the gym going? How is work doing?

Rainbow- How are you recovering from being Super Mom???? Is there any "Me" Time in your schedule?

How is everyone else doing? We miss you guys! Come back soon!

I am bound and determined to get a workout in today.... have to go to Olive Garden for lunch for a baby shower today... UGH!!!!! Save me from pasta!!!!!

Last edited by Angel26519; 09-25-2003 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:27 AM   #105  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hi Everyone!

The past two days have been awful. I am one of the unfortunate people who suffer from seasonal affective disorder. It's been cold, damp and dreary and my mood went straight into the toilet. I spent a lot of time sleeping and feeling sorry for myself Poor me!

I was OP though -- despite the fact that I wanted to drown my sorrows in Kraft macaroni and cheese (which I consider THE comfort food). But I stayed firm and resolute. I am down to 176.5 lbs. as of this morning.

I did manage to walk -- I purposely picked the mall due to all the lights, people and displays. It alleviated some of the more depressive aspects of this syndrome. I MUST get myself a light box. I simply can't spend another fall and winter cringing in dark corners -- SAD is the pits!!!

Congrats to Beth for showing us the way!

Hope your daughter is much better Angel -- keep me posted.

Red -- your enthusiasm is contagious. I've been reading some of your other threads. You kept me going on days this week when I wanted to hide under the covers.

Lavendar-- sorry to hear you've been ill. Don't overdo the exercise until you recover.

Angel -- I am also reading Dr. Phil's book but I don't think I am as far along as you are yet. The man makes a lot of sense, doesn't he?

Today is bright and sunny so I am more myself.

Hope everyone is having a great diet day!!!

Rainbowmyst
Closed Thread