Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 11:08 AM   #16  

Hello All!

Things have been crazy around here. I have time for a quick post. I am going to eat lunch with ds at school today.

Angel do you have anyone helping you this weekend? I sure hope that dh is coming with you!

Rainbow hope you feel better.

LKB Angel seems like we like to travel in the same circles! Glad to see you here!

Mia sounds like you are doing well.

Red you are much braver then I. I have been terrified of lightening since I was a kid. That is one fear I have never gottne over. I mean I used to be afraid of elevators but I out grew that.

Well as far as diet. I am hanging in here. I am TOM this week also. So I am not expecting to much. I would just like to at least meet my goal this month! My 7th anniversary is Sept. 14th. But I don't think it will happen by then.

Good luck to everyone!

Beth
Old 09-03-2003, 12:28 PM   #17  

Question Registered today !

HI, I am new, even to message boards.
I am just starting to diet. Besides wanting to look and feel better, I need to raise the self esteem. I have to lose weight for physical reasons.

I"ve been married for 12 yrs. We don't have any childern. I do have 2 cats that are spoiled rotten. I am originally from MI. I like to do artwork. I work with chalk and oil pastels, charcoals, pen and ink, and some water color. I write alittle, some poems, a little prose and short stories. I don't do either professionally. I'm too critical !!!
I have been on S.S. Disability for 5 yrs. for epilepsy. Now I also have edema (swelling of the legs and feet) which is half my weight trouble. I am showing symptoms of Congestive Heart Failure.

I am 42, 5'3", 183 lbs.
I need to lose at least 65 lbs. I have not set any time goals, other than as soon as possible.

FOOD ROUTINE: I just started Change One. I don't drink water at all so I am setting a goal of 4 glasses a day. At least 5 fruits or vegetables a day.
EXERCISE: There is not much I can do because of my phyical limitations but, I plan on walking for 2 hrs. a day every day of the week.
WEAK POINTS: Coca Cola, ice-cream, The biggest one is just food. Since I was eight years old cooking and baking have been my hobbies. I love anything to do with food, recipes, cooking, the kitchen.
Even after 12 years I still like to impress my husband with great meals and desserts. He says he has never had the same thing twice.
Just eating one big meal a day and late at night.

Sherrie ( PYEPYE or SherPye ) [email protected]
Old 09-03-2003, 08:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi PyePye!!!! Welcome Aboard! We love have new people join us!!!!!

I havent heard of "Change One".... tell us a little about it......

As for exercise.... I know that with some of your disabilities you are at a disadvantage..... but are you able to do exercises sitting down? If so maybe look into some videos for handicapped people.... maybe that is somewhere to start.... if not maybe you can get some light handweights and try to build a little muscle that will help speed up the metabolism.... just some ideas....

I know what you mean as for cooking.... my new hubby and I fight over the kitchen.... we both love to cook.....

Beth- Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!!!! That is wonderful!!!! As for your weight you are so close now it is only a matter of time!!!!

Anyway, I went today and registered for the real estate course. It starts in October and will be 3 nights a week for 4 hours a night... wish me luck!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:52 PM   #19  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Hey Howdy Hey Everyone!!

Beth, we meet again Happy Anniversay!!

Angel, I'm not sure but I think Dallas is about 145 miles from here.

PyePye, Howdy!! Nice to meet you!!

Just wanted to report that I got my bike ride done (with some walking up the hills) and drank my water.

Will post again soon.

LKBAngel

sw: 230
cw: 220
gw: 175 (for now)
Old 09-04-2003, 02:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Well I am off in a few minutes for Texas and will be out of the loop until Monday.....

LKB Way to go on the bike ride.... I wish I could get out there on my bike again....

I hope everyone is doing good!!! Talk to yall soon!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:46 PM   #21  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, but these perimenopausal periods are the pits. The darn thing just doesn't seem to stop.

I'm still fasting (for what good it does me -- can't weigh myself until the TOM from **** ends)... so it's a little discouraging not knowing where I am at with this program.

Glad to see we now have 3 angels!!!!
I still think -- even moreso now -- that's got to have some special metaphysical meaning.

Hello to Pye -- hope to get to know you better soon.

Red and Orange: Hope all is well with you and that you're having success with your respective programs.

Beth: Have you given any thought to what you're going to do to celebrate when you hit goal?

I hope to be back to my usual cheerful self once I feel better. I know this seems unusually terse for a chatterbox like me. Realistically, this TOM has to end eventually. *sigh*

Hope you all have a great diet day! Actually, it seems as if everyone is doing well from what little I've had a chance to read. I have a feeling it might take me a little while to catch up on all the news.

Take care -- and a group hug to you all!

Rainbowmyst
Old 09-05-2003, 08:01 AM   #22  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face ready for some zzzzz's

Hello everyone, I'm trying to catch up on writing before I call it another day. It was so busy at work today. The newspaper I work at is in very bad financial shape and people are quitting like flies, but they're not hiring. It's really insane. But I just paced myself and did what I could. I really need work though!

Financial woes are the main reason I'm feeling pretty down although I think I also have a cold or something coming on. My throat hurts. It could be from overdoing it at the gym and also the weather is very changeable and I tend to get sick then. Oh well, it'll pass!

I have not, however, been doing well on the eating front. Well, I mean, I'm eating well, as in LOTS! but . . . you know! I have not touched sugar though as that's my 21-day-challenge.

Hi LKBAngel , I see you're adding another goal to the month. 5 pushups without straining, OK! Pushups are mostly for the chest but yes they will work your shoulders and arms too. Are you doing them with bent knees now or straight out? Pushups are very hard in the beginning and the reason is that the arms are usually weak and can't support the bigger chest muscles. But women tend to be very weak in the chest. When I started weight training the chest took a long time to build up. If you want to do exercises just for your shoulders let me know what part of your shoulders you'd like to work on and I can tell you some good exercises. When I say, what part of your shoulders, I mean, front, top or back, or sides. The shoulder is really quite a complex part of the body (and easily injured!)

Angel26, How are you? Sounds like you have problems at work too. I got my real estate license when I was 18! Never used it though. My mom was in real estate and I worked in an office doing clerical work but I was really too young. But it was fun studying for it. I took evening classes while I was still in high school and sat for the test. It was a lot of work but, like I said, fun.

Yeah, the thunderstorm was beautiful in a scary way. Three people got hit by lightning though and killed. The Diet building had chunks blasted off the roof. It really was something. Oh, maybe I said all this before. . .

losinginillinois, good to hear from you too. Yes, well, you can see how being scared of lightning is quite sensible really. I know one of the people killed was out jogging and it may have helped if he'd been a bit more frightened of it. What anniversary is this for you? You're very close to goal, aren't you? Do you have anything special planned?

Pyepye9, our new member, how are you doing? I see you've joined us on the 21-day too! I'm so glad to have you there. Yes, now I remember this was where I saw you had cats. I read the posts right away but I can't write back for a while usually. And then I forget where I've seen them. So, you're an artist. Wow. and a writer. I write as well, but mostly newspaper like things. I am so sorry to hear of your health problems. It sounds very serious and it worries me to hear. What do the doctors say you can do for your heart condition? I hope diet and exercise can help you. What is Chicago One?
Well, don't want to bog you down with too many questions but I'd love to hear more about you? Please write often!

Oh Angel26, I see now you're off for a while. Have a good trip and come back and talk to us soon!
rainbowmyst, I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling so blue. I really hope you feel better soon. I miss your cheery and warm words. Here's a hug to you too!

Take care all!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-05-2003 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:41 PM   #23  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hello Everyone!

I think I'm almost "back among the living". TOM is wrapping up (I think) and I'm feeling a little bit more myself.

I weighed myself this morning -- 183.5 lbs. (which is fine with me considering TOM is still here).

I've spent the past couple of days doing a lot of nothing -- so there's not much to talk about. I did cheat one day on the fast because I felt weak and about to collapse.

I know it wasn't the fast itself -- more likely a combination of a prolonged TOM and the fast. The combination might be putting an extraordinary strain on my body.

I'll have to make plans for next month if it happens again. I'm questioning the wisdom of fasting during prolonged menstrual cycles -- might not be the healthiest approach.

Other than that -- I'm getting ready to buckle down on Monday and finish my novel. Since I'm feeling better, I suppose I have no excuse to procrastinate further.

This is still going to be short post because I'm still not quite up to par but I am "getting there".

Hope you all had a good diet week.

How are things going with goals and things? I am looking forward to touching base with everyone and finding out how we are all doing.

Rainbowmyst
Old 09-06-2003, 09:09 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies,
I havent posted in a few days.. Been really busy. I hjust wanted to check in to say Hello. i hope that everyone is doing well,
ALso wanted to say Welcome to the newst member of our group... I will try to post when i have more time..

Mia
Old 09-07-2003, 01:41 AM   #25  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Talking

Hey Howdy Hey Ladies,

Red~~The part of my shoulder that is injured is the rhomboid (I think thats the right spelling, ?) So its my back, right shoulder. Any suggestions for working this area would be greatly appreciated. It does give me fits.

I have to share that I've lost 2lbs this week!! . So I'm down to 218lbs, just 43# to go!!

I didn't do my walk Thursday or Friday, but I did manage to get it done Saturday. I also drank my water so I'm not doing to bad on my goals.

I guess thats about it for now, I sure hope everyone is doing well!!

LKBAngel

sw:230
cw: 218
gw: 175 (for now)
Old 09-07-2003, 03:46 AM   #26  
Never give up

LKBANgel, just a quick note to you. So, is it the part that is injured that you want to train or the OTHER parts? I suppose you'll want to work on your whole shoulder. I'll look into the rhomboid. I have a great book on shoulder injury and the prevention of it.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:29 AM   #27  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Red,

If I can work the whole area, shoulders, back, chest etc..and strengthen that muscle I'll do it. It doesn't have to be just the rhomboid. Hope that makes sense.

LKBAngel
Old 09-07-2003, 12:12 PM   #28  
work in progress

Angry

Hello all...

I am new to this site, and am thrilled that I found it.
Well, I am 24 years old, 180lbs give or take a pound depending on the time of day and 5'7" in bare feet. I am an American (origionally from Wisconsin) living in Europe. I am married and have a three year old son. I also work full time.
I gained a lot of weight since the move, it's been about 9 months now. I have been having a hard time loosing weight partially because of the different food markets and partially because of depression, and partially because my job has a height/weight standard and I feel like I have been being pushed around by them to lose weight. I don't really like my job so that doesn't help.
My goal weight is between 145 and 135 pounds. I think when I get to 145 I will step back and see how I feel about myself and then decide where I want to be.
I need a lot of postive support ( the kind I am NOT getting at work). My husband provides me some, but he really dosn't understand.. having never been out of shape for more than a week of his life. And, I am a Christian so I take comfort in prayer and reflective meditation. But, I could really use some people support, espcially from people who are now or have gone through the same things I am going through.
I like to excersize, but I love to cook and eat. I excersize at least 4 times a week, but usually 8 times a week at verying levels of intensity.
So, you could probably guess that what I really need to work on is the whole FOOD issue. Food is just such a big part of my life... I love all different kinds and I eat when I am happy or sad or to celebrate, and I love cooking or baking when I am bored... and then what do i do.. I eat some of it... or all of it... or I jsut get disgusted with my self and throw it away or feel it to the dog.
Does anyone else feel this way???
How did you all get started? This is the HARDEST thing for me... I just can't get started! Or I do realllly well all week and then the weekend comes and I EAT!!
Please, help me out here... I really need some good advice!
Thanks!
Lavender
P.S. I know that I am a really crappy speller, so - sorry for the mistakes!!
Old 09-07-2003, 12:48 PM   #29  

Hello All!
Just wanted to give a quickHey! I am still here. But dh went to NC on Friday and picked up his two brothers and my nephew to help him side the house. So I will be busy for the next couple of weeks playing hostess, gopher, and clean up girl. I already made my daily run to Menards! I am grateful that they came to help in our time of crisis but 4 grown men in the house. PLEASE PRAY that I survive for three weeks! I better run now before the slave drivers catch me resting! LOL!

Beth
Old 09-07-2003, 07:08 PM   #30  
Never give up

Angry Welcome Lavender Girl!!

LKBAngel, OK, let me find that book on shoulder injury because I want to give you some good preventive exercises too. That's a good place to start if your shoulders are weak. Do you have some light dumbbells? No problem if you don't, books, cans of food and plastic soda or water bottles will work just fine. I'll be back to you!

Lavender Girl, Welcome aboard! I think this place is turning out to be a really caring kind of place. You might want to check some of the old closed threads so you can read up on people a bit and find out where they're coming from. In any case, I think you'll find a lot of support here if you just tell us what's going on. I actually may be in the best position to understand what you're going through as I was in a similar position when I was your age, well, actually younger. I was 20 when I was in Germany, four years, very depressed a lot, about the same weight as you and I'm not even 5' 2"! Where are you in Europe? I didn't have a family though and I think that may have made it easier for me in a way because I was out a lot and had a lot of friends. If you're married and have children, 3!?, wow, at 24! and you're not getting all the support there then it's hard to get out and find out. That's what's great about these Net support boards nowadays. Coming in to you in your home! Well, I can't talk now as I need to get ready for work. It's Monday morning here and I had a late night last night!

Oh, and by the way, I am still about 150 lbs and wanting to get down to at least 130 so our goals are similar AND just plain old overeating is my problem too as I exercise a lot. Ok, I'll get back to you. Hope to see lots of you on this thread! Take care.

And losinginillinois, glad to see you and glad to hear you're getting some help on the house work. I'd been wondering how you were ever going to do that work you'd been talking about. Well, I'm sure it'll be hectic but it can also be fun and great for a lot of memories. Hang in there!

A hello to everyone else. Hope things are going well for you. Bye for now.

Last edited by redballoon; 09-07-2003 at 07:12 PM.
Closed Thread