3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   End of Daylight Savings Challenge 8/31-10/26 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/31302-end-daylight-savings-challenge-8-31-10-26-a.html)

Amarantha2 09-07-2003 07:14 PM

Yowza! Superwalk Sunday is gathering momentum, with more physics checking in from the Farmer's Market and folks setting their sights on Treadmill Trod later in the evening!!! Here's the roster as it stands:

Psychic Ceara, the Sword Bearer

Amarantha, the Halloween Hag

Hotstuff Wildfire, the Chili Eater

Psychic in the Farmer's Market Kaylets, the Future Swim Meet Champ

Kudos to all!!!

:cheers:

Kaylets, my hat is off to ya on the swim lessons!!!! I'm afraid of swimming as well so I KNOW WHAT A LEAP OF FAITH YOU ARE MAKING!!! Congratulations!!! :cp:

Wildfire: Your dinner sounds great!!! Hope you get the shoes of your dreams tomorrow!!!! :dancer:

Kaylets, something you said earlier about a change in direction coming over us all ... I think that's true. Reading all these posts today, I can see that the trend here is for new challenges and positive moves towards health and success for us all.

Re Dr. P, I have seen the bars, too, for several weeks, actually, and yes, I'm asking myself the same questions. Ok, to be blunt, I've just wondered if we really need another weight loss plan. Guess you can't blame the good doc for jumping on the bandwagon, but I'd be more inclined to buy the book if he were addressing the motivational, emotional and psychological issues. That seems to me to be what would be really different and useful coming from him.

But this isn't meant to be offensive or discouraging to anyone who is excited by his program, because whatever helps is good. Just wondering like Kaylets ...

Ok, I gotta finish working sometime today! Just not in the mood but need to file this story tonight or my whole week'll go to the dogs!

:encore:

:comp:

anagram 09-07-2003 08:33 PM

Aah! I feel a "SAVE" in the making. Had debated taking an evening walk, decided against it (allergies and all that), sat down to read posts, saw the Empress' challenge, shut down the computer and DID IT!

Now I'm working on saving the "water" category for the day. Might be there already but plan on another two glasses of H2O before bedtime just to be sure.

Don't think I can save "Food". Not outrageously over but did not keep it down to "lose" mode. More like maintenance mode.

anagram 09-07-2003 08:39 PM

Punkin, have been thinking about you everytime I see something on TV about the fires out your way. Glad you're not closer.

Wildfire, empathize with your horrible retail stories. Hard to believe. Reminds me of an experience I had some years back where I felt compelled to write to prez of store because of some really lackluster (nicest I can think of to express it) service. Kindly suggested some training might be needed. Eventually got a letter from PR people who told me how greatly they trained their people, etc. - not a solitary hint of "gee, sorry you were treated so badly". Needless to say, I've not been back. Seemed like rudeness was company policy.

wsw, still hoping your TDs will let you get back to us soon.

anagram 09-07-2003 08:43 PM

I think I'll be watching the Dr. Phil show. I figure I can probably take something from it. And he doesn't ruffle my feathers like he does some. Probably won't buy book or anything. Just pick what I think will be helpful from what he says and throw away the "showmanship" stuff.

50th anniversary party last night, lunch w/friends today, then DSis, hubby and two people from the land of the Empress stopped in for a while this evening. Sis brought some things down from Mom's house (other two sisters have been sorting out). Enjoyed going through pics and ephemera from my kids' lives, etc. More to come I'm sure.

Amarantha2 09-07-2003 09:50 PM

HOORAY FOR ANAGRAM'S SAVES!!! :cp: :cheers: :cb: Excellent work, Anagramatic!

Wildfire 09-07-2003 09:56 PM

Reporting in for SuperWalk Sunday: 4 miles on ye olde treadmill, one of the preprogrammed walks with varied speeds and hills.

Kaylets, congrats for signing up for swim class and the gym in general!

anagram, I can't believe you got such a patronizing response from that company! Congrats on the save for the day!

I kinda like Dr. Phil. Mind you, I don't see a lot of him because I work and it's on before I get home. I do catch him on long weekends, though.

Have a safe and happy Monday, all! :wave:

Kaylets 09-08-2003 06:05 AM

Marvelous Monday!

Hello all!

Not sure if I'm waking up w/ a horrible sinus headache/ stuffy/ running nose feeling for if I have a headcold.....
Either way... need to get out of here...

DH's woke up remotivated and became even more so when he saw a high blood sugar reading.

Customer service is a pet peeve of mine and one I have to rein in as its such a peeve of mine I admit I take it all too personally.
But when you've done customer service in one shape or another for over 20 + yrs....
BUT WHY OH WHY, does an employee ( seen this w/ all ages) who has "with nothing to do this minute" need to lay down on the counter on top of their arms ?? (There appears to be no physical impairment). Is it too much to ask folks to just stand up on their own??
But I warned you now didnt I?..............

Today's thought is:
"We realize that what we are accomplishing is a drop in the ocean.
But if this drop were not in the ocean, it would be missed."
-- Mother Teresa

Today's question is:
"Do you think your opinions influence your friends/family?"
--Table Topics

Take care all--

Amarantha2 09-08-2003 07:19 AM

Thanks for checking in on Superwalk Sunday, Wildfire!!!! :cp: And to all participants, including:

Psychic Ceara, the Sword Bearer

Amarantha, the Halloween Hag

Hotstuff Wildfire, the Chili Eater

Psychic in the Farmer's Market Kaylets, the Future Swim Meet Champ

Anagramatic, the Shoe :queen:,

and anyone else I missed!!!!

Please stop by the clubhouse and pick up your

BLUE RIBBONS!!!!

:cheers: :cp: :cheers:

Amarantha2 09-08-2003 07:26 AM

Yowza! Clarification of my position on the good Doc P, I like him and sometimes tape his shows! Just kind of bothered by the diet bars ... :chin:

Getting ready to go to gym!!! Yowza! Hoorah and sis boom ba!!!! :cheers:
:s:

ceara 09-08-2003 07:59 AM

Monday Mornin' blues

I am :tired::tired::tired:

Was all set for a nice evening....was perusing Dr Phil, (it is about the behind the scenes stuff so far and I'm over the first 100 pages...am taking notes), and thot I might just view the back of my eyelids before supper, WHEN THE PHONE RANG!!!!!!!!!!!! I worked 5 sessions of bingo last night..5-3 by the time I got to bed and am up already.This was an Optimist thing.....I have to volunteer from9-12 at the church again and then it is my long day at work...'til 8 :tired: However, I did one H*** of lot more walking than I'd planned Lady A.!!!! So much for the yard work!

I don't know if my opinions influence my friends/family. I state 'em and let 'em go.

Gotta go pump some coffee into my system...feel a little draggy for some reason.....How's the soccer :queen: ?

Ceara

:tired::yawn:

frogger 09-08-2003 08:03 AM

Good Morning All! I've been so busy at work I haven't checked in. I even had to work a bit on sunday.

Birthday was fantabulous!!!:p My grandma who I don't think I have ever shared a birthday with in my life came over. Everyone checked out the new digs and I scored quite well on the birthday money jackpot. I think they felt sorry for me since all my clothes practically hang off of me. I was actually wearing one of my mother's shirts because mine are all too big. And my shorts were swimming on me. My brother, who doesn't give money to anyone, slipped me a few dollars and told me to go get me some new clothes because I REALLY needed them.:^:

Well, I've got to catch up with the posts and then it's back to working.

ceara 09-08-2003 08:09 AM

Frogger!

Kudos to the brother! That is too funny!

Ceara

Yo-Yo Dee 09-08-2003 08:18 AM

Is it ok if I join you I find this site very inspiring and having set my goal for September and then promptly broke it I thought maybe posting would help me stick to it. Here goes: my challenge until daylight saving (clocks going back here in England) is to get to the gym at least 4 times a week, to restrict my alcohol intake to special occasions (I'm at a wedding on the 11 october :queen: ) so no drinking just because, to lose a minumum of 7lbs by the 10/26. :drill:

So if you don't mind me nipping in maybe a couple of times a week :^: I'll keep you informed

Stats are Starting weight 215lbs weight now 185lbs goal ? not sure somewhere around 148lb but we'll see :devil:

Thank you

Dee

anagram 09-08-2003 09:03 AM

Yo, welcome, YoYo. Couple of times a week, couple of times a day. Post as much as you feel inclined. Marvelous group here - sometimes wide ranging but all devoted to the journey to health and weight loss.

Bad news came over the weekend - pool at rehab where I do my best exercising is closed for renovation. No word how long or anything. Boo, hiss! Yet another challenge to work around.

I'd keep on wearing the oversize clothes whenever DB is around, Frogger!

Ceara, your stamina amazes me.

yes, I do think my opinions have influenced some in the past. Not so much anymore though.

On to a healthier week........

zadie k 09-08-2003 10:09 AM

Hello,
Looks like everyone had an active and posty weekend. I missed the psychic walk challenge, but does stripping wallpaper count?

This weekend was a bit of a mess. I left my food diary at work and realized how much I count on it to keep me on track. I did not do too badly however. I also got my scale back late last night, but I will not weight myself till Saturday.

My boss is in town for a couple of days. This means that I need to be on my best behaviour :)

I have to dash but congrats on the losses everyone, the soccer Cerise and welcome back Amarantha.