Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 06:33 AM   #31  

Anagram--

Hello my friend! Give that computer a quick kick and try again... we want to hear whatever it is!!

We think you're the best and enjoy every word you type.

PS-- what about all this rain??

Last edited by Kaylets; 09-03-2003 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:55 AM   #32  
Momma Frog

Hello girls!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in for the challenge! Let me post my goals to get that out of the way:

At least a 10 lb loss by the time change
Firm up that flab

Short and sweet for those.

So how is EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? I think you all did so well with the last challenge. Loss or not, everyone stuck it out.

Got a few things going on here. DH is tired of his job. His foreman (he's an electrician) keeps sending him home for being late (aka no pay for the day). Even though he told him right off when he got transfered that he would be about 15-20 minutes late everyday because he has to take the Metro into DC. The metro's first train is at 5:25am. It arrives at 6:05 am. The job starts at 6am, but then DH has to walk 10 or so minutes from the station to the jobsite. He was fine with it then, guess he thought DH was exaggerating. So yesterday he was late and got sent home. Had to go pick him up and drive an hour and a half home (I ended up finishing up my work there). He went out to try to find another job or two. He's finished with this guy. In total it's about 4 days no pay since he keeps sending him home. YIKES I told him to get out before it starts looking bad on his job record. He can always do something else in the mean time. Plus, I think it will be less stressfull and maybe he won't be blacking anymore.

Anyway-
It's rainy here. But kind of humid at the same time. Yuck.

Hope everyone's day goes well!!!

Chow!

Last edited by frogger; 09-03-2003 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:04 AM   #33  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Question Wednesday!

That doesn't match the weather forcasters...although I firmly believe they NEVER look out of their own windows! Supposed to be sunny...pretty dreary now.

On Day 10 (my calendar sorry guys) and am feeling less jiggly but more bloated....???? I think the dreaded TOM may be here and I hope it is a moderate one. I'm at the stage of more quarterly times at times, but occasionally the bod sez "here ya go!" However, consequently, the litres of water that I've drunk in the past two days are right where they went...inside me. Guess I'll pull out a muu-muu or something to wear...a sheet? TOGA!

QOD...that depends on whether I have a riveting book to read! Isn't that terrible? But I work funny shifts....sometimes 'til 5, sometimes 'til 8 and usually starting at 1:30, so I work when I work at home that is. I am a morning person though, so generally I am more productive in the a.m.....especially after a coffee!

Cerise!!!!!!!!!!! If I was waiting until I was thin to do anything, I'd never be thin! What a conundrum. I've become more accepting of myself and others as I gotten more Mature and Matronly. I mean come on! Showing dogs! Everytime I bend over to "stack" my dog, and it is worse with a puppy cause they are closer to the ground, my BIG fat keister is there. I mean there! I'm just glad it is a couple of inches smaller today than 2 years ago! I know I have friends who won't swim in my protected non- spying backyard pool (where I have been known to go nakies recently). That bothers me, but hey!?! When I shop for a skirt that I intend to show dogs in, I check 2 things...pockets (which are nice but I can live without) and then I stand with my back to the mirror, bend over and peek between my knees...to see what exactly is showing.....I'd rather just see the skirt covered beam if you know what I mean. I have seen many strange things in the dog show ring....one statuesque young "woman" in a gorgeous suit, no skivvies and when she bent over, if you were seated...well who NEEDS peep shows? (And I think she was trying to impress the judge...unfortunately for him, he didn't see a thing...he was tall and not sitting at the time!)

So, we are on an active journey on this thread.

Hi Frogger! and Anagram glad you made it! They're a f'llowin' us Zadie K.

A-R-G-H!

Gotta go and get DS on bus.....!!!!!!!!!!!

Later 'gators

Ceara

Last edited by ceara; 09-03-2003 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:20 AM   #34  
caffeine free!

Hello,
At work. Having a good day so far, although I haev only been here about 15 minutes. Technically I do not start work till nine, but my bus gets me here 15 minutes early, which I supose allows me 15 minutes of time that I can goof arround, although I spread it out durring the day

Cerise - Even with the extra weight I am a smart confident person. I wear what I want to wear, do what I want to do and look pretty good going it. I need to lose the weight for my health, and certainly would not mind getting into some smaller sizes and looking foxy, but when it comes right down to it my self esteme is pretty darn good. If my self esteme was low I do not know if I would have the will power to stick to a plan becuase I think you have to really like yourself in order to treat yourself this well. Plus, lets face it, some women would pay thousands of dollars for breasts this size

I just realized that I have been working on this lifestyle change thing for 102 days. Cannot believe it.

QOD: Although I am a reluctant morning person I think I get more done in the morning. Much more.

frogger - It sounds like your DH is making a good decision getting out of there sooner rather than later. Maybe he will find something that is more accomidating to his transportation schedule. Why does no one seem to understand the plight of the public transit user?

Well, I should get back to work now, but I will check in later.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:02 AM   #35  
Is it Friday yet?

Good morning...

Feeling incredibly emotional today - don't know why. Actually been weepy since I woke up. Probably a combination of stress, exhaustion, relief, worry and joy all combined in the centrifuge that is my life right now. Jeez, my stepfather just thanked me for doing the dishes for him while he was with mom at chemo yesterday and, yup, I burst into tears. Criminey.... T'will pass, always does...

Cerise, ya made me laugh girl.... a pink car that smells like apple pie??? LOL! No, beer trucks and pretty shiny things don't blend do they?

Cerise's comment about not waiting brought to mind something I've been saving in my email for over 3 years now. I don't normally post this sort of thing but I wanted to pass it on - you may have seen it before. It was sent to me by my "surrogate grandma" when I was going through my divorce.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Don't Wait

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then another. Then we're frustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll be more content when they are.

After that, we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We'll certainly be happy when they're out of that stage.

We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, are able to go on a nice vacation, when we retire.

The truth is, there's no better time to be happy than right now. If not now, when?

Your life will always be filled with challenges.

It's best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway.
One of my favorite quotes comes from Alfred D. Souse. He said, "For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life.
But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, or a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."

This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness.

Happiness is the way. So, treasure every moment that you have and treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time with...and remember that time waits for no one.

So, stop waiting until you finish school, until you go back to school, until you lose ten pounds, until you gain ten pounds, until you have kids, until your kids leave the house, until you start work, until you retire, until you get married, until you get divorced, until Friday night, until Sunday morning, until you get a new car or home, until your car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until fall, until winter, until you're off welfare, until the first or fifteenth, until your song comes on, until you've had a drink, until you've sobered up, until you die, until you're born again to decide that there is no better time than right now to be happy.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:17 AM   #36  
Spreadin' the luv.

Exclamation Warning: Band Plug

Oooh, Punkin, I've got just the thing for weepy days!

Ramon knew I've been pining for the new Evanescence CD (sort of hard rock with beautiful female vocals on top), and left it for me to find yesterday when I slogged home from work.

It's perfect music to turn way up, lay on the floor and CRY. Very mystical, depressing lyrics, soaring vocals, pounding guitars - just the thing for it. I very much believe that listening to sad music and thinking maudlin thoughts is very, very good for you. Like an enema. I'm not making light of your sorrows because I know they're very, very real. You're doing some good living, though, when most people would be barely functioning. You're an amazing lady.

Anyway, I'm thinking of you specially today. Make the most of your wistful, shaky, watery day. It's another kind of beauty. Love to your Mum.

Thank you for that Don't Wait thingy. I'm going to stick it to my wall somewhere, because I'm full of high talk, but we all feel those sad "fat girl" things sometimes. Even if we're not fat.

Aha, Anagram! The-ah you ah. I was scanning the horizon for you, dah-link.

Love to you all, and thank you for setting my mind at ease about the self-esteem thing.

Last edited by Cerise; 09-03-2003 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:15 PM   #37  
Momma Frog

Cerise-Another Evanescence fan here My fav off the CD is the never played "My Immortal" I think she has a wonderful voice.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:30 PM   #38  
Spreadin' the luv.

Yes, YES!!! I LOVE that song! They're so YOUNG, too!
Old 09-03-2003, 12:33 PM   #39  
Momma Frog

I couldn't believe that either!
Old 09-03-2003, 12:53 PM   #40  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Just had my lunchish snack thing. I spread things out so much I do not know if lunch is the proper word anymore. Anyway, corn chowder. Yum.

Punkinseed - how is you mom doing? was that her last chemo? just think: it only gets better from here on out.

work is being difficult today. good but difficult.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:58 PM   #41  
Spreadin' the luv.

Ah, you forget, Ceara. I have now seen pictures of your keister (from the side, of course) and trust me, it ain't that big.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:43 PM   #42  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Brevity mode for me as well!!! Gotta work tonight; methinks napping be the order o' the afternoon!!!

Anagramatic: When I'm on this forum, I do a constant "select, copy" thingie!!! Dunno why we keep losing posts on here ... seem to be a lot of time outs from the server, at least when I'm on!

OR, MAYBE IT'S A SCAAAAARY FROM THE DARK SCARY FOREST IN THE LAND O' THE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS' ENDZONE!!!! Maybe those scaaary s are gettin' way nervous because we're chasing 'em outta the time zone!!!! So they're sneakin' in here and STEALING off with our highly inspirational and brilliant posts, so they can ... ???? ... there's one NOW!!!

Old 09-03-2003, 03:56 PM   #43  
Is it Friday yet?

You guys are definately the cure for the blues....

I had a long talk with Bo-Beena and got a hefty dose of "you've-been-though-so-much-you-have-every-reason-to-feel-like-you-do-so-just-be-quiet-and-have-a-good-cry-and-quit-apologizing-for-it-dammit-you-should've-been-upset-a-long-time-ago-and-weren't...." etc., etc., and so on.

Ok, so now the world isn't crap, but it does still smell funny. Better??

I have the Evanescence cd (courtesy of Bo's hubby) and I love it too! I've been wearing the grooves out of my new Coldplay cd though. Another sad little band - British, probably all the rain....

Yes Cerise, a good cry is very cathartic! I see it like a steaming teapot - occasionally you've got to blow some off - or explode keeping it all in.

Zadie, indeed, mum's LAST chemo was yesterday! And perhaps that's why the emotion - like a post traumatic stress blow-out. I held it together pretty well since the first treatment, and now that the last chemo is over I've let down the guard I've had up. God knows I was more worried about her reaction to chemo than I was about the cancer.

Anywho, She's doing ok, STILL healing from the gravity lesson taught by her horse. But thankfully this is IT! They said her last blood work looked as if she wasn't even receiving chemo and said it was a good sign that even with the accellorated combined treatment, she's still very healthy (which is another good sign that IF there was any cancer still left it didn't put up much of a fight). They're giving her until the last week of September before they start radiation (which I lovingly call the "nuking" of my mother). She's already planning on what color to dye her hair when it comes back...

Off and away again - thanks for the rally you guys... it must've sunk in.

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 09-03-2003 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:22 PM   #44  

Ah, Punkin, you do indeed deserve to let out some steam. We all do at some point. I also believe in crying but somehow have not really been able to fully get rid of my emotions lately. They come out bit by bit, not when bidden, although I've told myself it's ok. Most of my posts that vanished were on this subject so I do understand your need for release.

Empress, the site will say I'm not logged in, ok I log in, do reply and when I go to send, it tells me again that I'm not and post is lost. Last time I lost it DURING select, copy process. ????? I admit I'm a bit out of it at the moment and should be able to make it more reasonable again.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:32 PM   #45  

Ok, that one got through. I should be ok now. For some reason it only happens first time.

Frogger, so unfair. Esp if dh let them know from the beginning. But might be for the best after the assault and all. Plus with all the transportation problems and your long commute, it might help make life work better if he could find something closer. And then you, too, hopefully. Hard to have a life with all that travel.

Ceara, enjoyed the pics too. Enjoyed your dog show "revelations" as well.

Cerise, just keep loving that old Dad. It's hard when everything you do is painful and maybe he'll be able to be more active once he's had the second replacement. When you've been active and suddenly aren't, it's hard to keep the metabolism etc where it needs to be. Plus, if he's had cortisone shots or certain meds for the pain, they contribute to the wt gain as well.

Used to be a morning person. Now I'm a late morning person and what I don't get done then often doesn't get done.

Self esteem? I think I'm still in good shape there. DH often has said he envies me my comfort level with myself. I really do like me most of the time.

Meeting with attorney tomorrow re Mom's stuff. Wish I didn't have this job. As these things go, it won't be a big one but I think it's keeping me from getting on with it emotionally. I've checked into it all pretty well and could probably handle it properly without an atty but want to be sure I don't mess anything up.

And I can't wait to say Ms. Zady, Esquire.

Got dh's latest numbers today and, while he's still on the tightrope, at least he has not fallen off. So that's today's bright spot. Still trying to get away on a little vacation. Maybe next week....

And, Kaylets - maybe we'll see some sun by then too. Saw my dr. today (basically for arthritis) and told him, considering all - rain, stress, that I'm amazed I'm doing as well as I am. Was two lbs higher on his scale than mine but that's usual. AND since I hadn't seen him in three months - I was down 2 lbs since the last time there. We losers know I'm up but the record there anyway shows me down. I'll take what I can get.

And now that's enough for today.

Last edited by anagram; 09-03-2003 at 05:38 PM.
Closed Thread