Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #1  

Default when should I weigh?

How often should I weigh and does it matter what time of day?
petitemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

First thing in the morning after going to the bathroom, before drinking or eating anything. I prefer once per week, same time every time. Some like to weigh in every day. If you do more frequently just know there's always fluctuations, especially if you weigh in later in the day. Your weight fluctuates by a few pounds in a day.

Now that I'm closer to my goal I weigh in once per month. In the beginning I weighed every week.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

I'd recommend experimenting, actually. For me, it works to weigh every day because it helps me keep tracking of water fluctuations and so on. Weighing only once a week frustrates me. But I've heard a lot of other people swear by once a week, so it depends. And I've always heard it's best to weigh first thing in the morning, but like I said, I'd experiment. I've recently found that I'm actually at my lowest weight late morning. Sometimes I'll drop as much as a pound (!) over the morning, which really shocks me. As long as you're consistent, it shouldn't matter long-term, but if you want to find the lowest weight that you actually are, check a few times throughout a day and see how the scale moves. Having a precise scale is definitely good too.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #4  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

I weigh in the same time every weekday till I reach my weekly goal, as soon as I meet it I stop weighing till the next week. Atypical around here but works for me.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

I weigh in every morning right after I wake up and go to the bathroom. I use the weight more as a running average, I'm not dying over the exact number, but the trend. Once a week isn't enough for me, I want to know if what I'm doing is having a positive or negative impact. Plus the day you choose for your day could be a day you're bloated, or a little constipated, etc. Things can also go haywire for me over a course of a week if I think what I'm doing is good, but it isn't. My husband weighs twice a week, and that works for him.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:50 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by petitemommy View Post
How often should I weigh and does it matter what time of day?
I like to get me clients to weigh-in weekly.

This may seem excessive, but the scales are just a tool to track process, they are not a judgment tool.

I educate my clients on understand that scale weight doesn't just meet fat. Fat is also compiled with bones, muscle, organs, stomach contents, water, (time of the month) --- all compile to weight on the scale.

Using body fat calipers is also a great tool to use to track progress.

Personally i find photos to be the best.

Hope this helps.

~ Coach Wilson
www.coachwilson.co.uk
www.theteamworkout.co.uk

Last edited by coachwilson; 04-16-2017 at 07:40 AM.
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote