Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 04:56 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Just thought I'd pop on here for a sec... Misty sorry to hear about your power going out. Thankfully it came back on. You need our weather today.. it's barely 80 degrees! So wonderful. I took Tanner outside for awhile and he just loved it.
But I was getting online and looking at the WW site and was wondering Ginny, do you subscribe to the WW magazine? I was thinking about ordering it. But I wanted your input first.
Well I have dinner in the oven for the kids and my dinner will be after theirs... laundry is done, the house is clean... hmm... I'm out of things to do. Guess I can go clean the toilet! lol TTYL!
Old 09-04-2003, 11:26 PM   #32  

Good evening all!
Where is everyone tonight? It's so quiet around here....
Well my day has been GREAT!! My eating was right on target... got my exercise in... the weather was gorgeous, the kids were good... a perfect day! Did anyone watch Oprah today?? It was about weight loss success stories. It was very motivating. One man lost 305 lbs WITHOUT surgery. Everyone they highlighted spoke about what plan worked for them... and amazingly not one was on a "specific" diet. The man who lost 305 lbs just ate less food, more veggies, cut down on red meat and junk and started exercising. The others mostly had their own plans. It was neat. That is what got me so close to my goal last time... my own low cal plan.
But anyway, it was a good show. Now I hear that Dr.Phil is coming out with a weight loss book and plan... has anyone heard about this? I'm about to check out his website to see if it says anything about it.
Well, got to get off here. I hope everyone is having a great evening and staying OP!!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:49 AM   #33  

Hi! I'm new here - to 3FC and to this group.

I am SAHM and home schooling mom to one amazing daughter.

It amazes me that as a woman who is home all day I still say I can't "find the time" to exercise. I've come to the conclusion that it isn't a lack of time but lack of motivation and ambition!

I currently weigh 300 pounds (my personal worst) and I'm aiming for somewhere between 150 and 170. Ideally I'd like to be 135 but I know that won't happen in this lifetime, so I'm trying for something a bit more reasonable.

My first goal is to reach 270 by the 12/31/03.

I'm starting to take Tae Kwon Do with my daughter next week (I'm starting the classes before my gi even arrives) since I hate "exercise" but I love martial arts. Seems like if you really enjoy something it doesn't seem so much like exercise.

Anyway - this has turned into a really long introduction. But I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Peace,
Old 09-05-2003, 10:14 AM   #34  
soontobethin

Good morning all.
I have been soooo busy lately. I will be lucky to get on here once a week over the next couple of months. Sounds like evryone is doing well. Welcome to mrs. K.
Spryng, aren't you just loving this weather? it is absoulutely wonderful compared to what we have been having. I have seen two commercials for the Dr. Phil weight loss plan. One is he going to have 12 people living in a house who all want to lose weight, and I think it will be on his show in about a week. The other one Is Dr. Phil and Katie Couric doing a show on it next Friday morning. I did see the Oprah show too. Isn't that amazing how they all lost all that weight?
I have been exercising every day, and have pretty much stayed OP with my eating. I haven't lost weight, but I have lost a couple of inches on my waist. Dh told me the other day my shorts were too baggy and I needed to go buy some new ones. That will have to wait until next summer, since I can't find shorts to buy now.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Ricci
Old 09-05-2003, 10:23 AM   #35  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Welcome MRS. K!! I am glad you could join us!! You will find this group very motivating and supportive! I am Karen, SAHM of 2 kids! DS almost 7 and DD 5. Both go to Parochial school (This was their first week) But I am so active there I may as well teach them myself some days! I am 36 and DH and I will be married 13 years on the 29th! I am currently on the Atkins program as I am insulin resistant and my doctor recommended I try it to help stableize my blood sugar! I have been doing it for 5 weeks now and am thrilled with how far I have come! In my spare time I am also a crochet pattern designer as well! Come by and post with us every day if you can! Posting helps me with my motivation, and besides we have all become like family here too!

Spryng - SHeesh.. I cant wait for next week.. maybe my life will become more settled! THe first week of school is so crazy for me and that is why I wasnt around yesterday. BUt we had curriculum night lastnight and met the teachers. I am thrilled with both of them (Tyler had the same Kindergardent teacher as Cassie has this year so I knew already that I would love her) And I am really excited for the new year.

I dont know if I ever mentioned this, but I also am the webmaster for my kids school. Last night Sister Joanne (The Principal) mentioned at the all parent part of the meeting about what I have done with the website to make it grow in the last couple of years, and I got a standing ovation! I was NEVER so embarrassed in all my life. It is just a little school website... nothing major.. but After losing 10 pounds.. at least I felt a little more comfortable standing in front of 375 families.. UGH!!

Ok.. off to get the kiddos dressed and off to school then I have another date at the gym!

I'll check in later!

HUGS!!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:38 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Mrs K I'm Michele also a SAHM of 2 daughters. I know you will find yourself right at home here. These ladies are the greatest. They are all very kind and supportive. I really hope you will feel really at home here.
And I'm Misty Michele I'm 28 and a SAHM of 2 daughters. I also homeschool. I'm not on a program right now because I'm 7 mo pregnant.
Hope to see you posting often!
Old 09-05-2003, 11:35 AM   #37  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
I feel bad- today is just too rushed for me to get really personal here. If I mess up and forget someone.....well, you all know that I have a bad case of brain dead mother syndrome!

Welcome Mrs K!!!!!! How old is your Dd???? Are you on any specific program to lose- Sugar Busters, Weight Watchers, Atkins....etc..... We have a lot of diversity in how we are all trying to reduce here, but a lot of great companionship and support. (and laughs too........ ). I am a mother of 3- Dd 17, Ds 14 and Dd 7. Formerly a totally SAHM, I am now partime employed as a school bus driver. I'm on WW- and have between 10-20 # to go- depending on how stubborn the last few #'s are. Welcome! We look foward to getting to know you better.

Spryng- sounds like you are doing ok- both being OP and staying upbeat without Dh. Big Hugs!!!!!

Karen- you must be feeling better- teaching a crochet class!!!!
Congrats too on your WL progress and stuff fitting looser.

Ricci- great to hear from you- we love see how you are doing no matter how often it is!

Michele- sorry about those nasty hormones- I used to get really mushy during the last trimester too. I agree with Karen- sometimes you are best serving the Lord from home- of course not on a weekly basis- but there is no sin in missing an occasional church service. He knows where you heart is!

Jen-glad that AAA was able to bail you out!!!!!!! How is the start of school treating you???

Well, it has sure been busy here. My route is starting to level out- and most of the kids are getting into the routine. Hopefully by next week (the end of) the few little ones who are a bit weepy will be fine. Feel sorry for these kids......they have to put up with me as a bus driver!!!!! . Today was Ds's first day of HS. Gosh this is scary. He was a bit nervous, but fine. He knows a lot of kids there already- and some good buddies too. And from being at Dd's sports stuff he is well known by the staff. I pray he does ok- he is a good kid but a very different student than his sister. Other than that I am getting my walks in (5 am ) and having a pretty easy time staying OP or close to it. I did miss the WW meeting this week- but it was a planned miss. I'll get there next week.
Gotta go!!!!! Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 09-05-2003, 12:04 PM   #38  

Good morning all!
Well here I was complaining about the lack of posts last night and I come in here and am bombarded with posts!!! I'm so excited!!
Mrs.K welcome!!! I hope you find yourself right at home here. I am Spryng, mother of 3 and wife of one great DH of 5 years now. Right now though we are apart because he has just become an over the road truck driver... so this is the first time I have been on my own with the kids or myself for that matter--- EVER! but suprisingly I am doing just fine. My kids are 3,2, and 10 weeks. I've been battling my weight for 5 years now, since I got married. And have tried so many plans. Right now though I am doing my own low calorie plan but I'm looking into weight watchers. And I was homeschooled!! through high school anyway... it allowed me to graduate a year early. I think homeschooling is great and I may look into it for my kids in the future. But I want them to try public school first and we'll go from there. I live in a small farming town so the schools are pretty good here. But welcome and I look forward to getting to know you better!!
Ricci that is wonderful that you are losing inches! I plan on getting me a tape measure soon. Maybe today. I'm debating on going to town with the little ones. I have a light recipe book and found a recipe I want to try so I think I'll have to go to the grocery store to buy the ingrediants. But I'm still debating it. But great job on the exercise too. I'm getting better myself.
Karen that is so nice that you got a standing ovation! You are such a talented person! crocheting, webmaster, mother, etc. What can't you do?? lol. No wonder you are doing so well on Atkins... your a very focused person.
Ginny, I'm glad your route is evening out. And one starting HS huh? I don't even want to think about my little ones starting HS or puberty for that matter lol! It saddens me to think they are going to grow up someday... I know it's a good and natural thing but I love them needing me so much right now.
Well my day is going good. Today is a higher calorie day for me so I had two lean pockets for lunch and boy were they good! Every day of the week I have a different amount of cals I can have so that my body doesn't get accoustomed to one set amount... so they range from 1000, 1200, and today it's 1400! But only friday's are that high with extra exercise planned of course. SO I'm going to enjoy it.
But I have to scoot. I'm glad everyone is doing well today and sticking to their plans!! TTYL!
Old 09-05-2003, 03:43 PM   #39  
hangin' in there...

PHEW!!!! I thought I might NEVER get a chance to get back here this week! Life has been busy busy busy. But, busy in a good way.

Welcome Mrs. K. I am Jen, mother of 3....... dd will be 8 next week, ds turned 6 last month, and ds will be 3 in November. I do work part time, but consider myself a SAHM since I work nights, 11p-7a. I also attend nursing school, going for my RN. Stick around.. this is a great group.

Spryng, sounds like things are going very well for you. See, I know you would do just fine on your own. Not to say some days won't be tougher than others. But, you are a strong chickie!

Karen, WTG on your loss, and on being recognized. Even though you don't think it was a big deal, obviously someone did. And, it's so nice to be appreciated!

Ricci, thanks for checking in. Glad you are doing well. I am with you on the "busies"!

Ginny, I'll just bet you are EVERYONE'S favorite bus driver!!!! The teary little ones must just break your heart. I know I felt so badly when ds got home from school yesterday and told me about a little boy that fell sound asleep on his bus...... poor little boober. And, as ds put it, "He didn't even have a pillow!"

Michele, you keep taking care of yourself!

Well, I gotta report to you all that I have found some new encouragement. Last weekend, I bought a new pair of track pants as I was running through a store. I didn't try them on first.... just "eyeballed" them. Well, I got them home and tried them on and lo and behold, they were too snug. I could get them up fine, but they just fit very snuggly around my middle....... enough so that I was not comfortable with them and decided I'd return them. Well, this morning I pulled them out so I could bring them back. I decided to try them on one more time, and voilla!...... they fit ok!!! They don't hang off of me, of course, but I felt comfortable wearing them! So I did! I know I was bloated last week due to impending TOM, so that was part of it. But I also know that they fit better now because I've been staying OP. So, I am so excited to just keep going because I know I have lots of great clothes that don't fit now, but will as I drop more weight.

OK, gotta head out and meet the bus. Hope everyone had a TERRIFIC weekend!!!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 08:59 PM   #40  
burned out bus driver

Hi!

Never thought I would get back here tonite....but I did !

Jen, I had no idea that you were in school too. (I must have missed it at one time or another......) Glad that you have been busy in a good way. All that goodness must have contributed to those track pants fitting better!!!! Woo hoo........that is such a good feeling, isn't it!!? I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work- that is some inspiration, isn't it?

Spryng- sounds as though you are coming into your own there.....and I hope that that book from the library is a good one!
Does your library have storytime for your children? I used to get a few minutes of light browsing thru a magazine with that! I think that the varying of calories per day is a good idea. Kind of takes some of the boredom out of it! I did not know you were homeschooled... (or like Jen's nursing school, me the eternally brain dead one, I forgot).

Well, I do not know if I am anyones favorite bus driver, but this afternoon did go easier. One of my big criers actually got off the bus with a smile on his face.....probably because he was getting rid of me for the weekend!! And the other one was a bit more cheery. Jen, you are so right- it is such a heart breaker when the little ones cry. I do know that in a week or two they will probably like and trust me.....and it is so sad to know that the parents hearts are breaking too. (I am such a mushy person anyway). I feel bad when they fall asleep- but also at that point figure that just maybe they are beginning to trust me too. It is a process.....that is all I can say.

No idea what is on tap for this weekend! The weather is supposed to be nice. I finally got paid for my 4 days of torture, otherwise known as jury duty. So maybe I will go shopping for some clothes for me. Scary thought! Guess I had better sign off and drink some water... Me out of points!!!!!!! I did get 4 excercise points in (1 hr 15 minutes of walking). I really want to get below 150# next meeting........ So, I guess I'd better go drink some more water!!!!!
Dd needs some help with Hw so gotta go. Oh- Ds liked his first day of HS!
Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 09-05-2003, 10:15 PM   #41  

You are doing so great Ginny!! 4 points for all your walking is fantastic! I don't know if our library has a story time... I doubt it. It's such a small town and the library is ANCIENT!! It's two stories but tiny.. the children's section is in the basement and let me tell you... it looks like a basement... kinda creepy down there. And the novel I got is great so far... it's a medical thriller... babies dying in the maternity ward... no one knows what is going on etc. It's very interesting and keeps my mind focused. I haven't got too far into it yet because I don't have much time to read. But I like it so far. Wow! You are almost below 150?? I'm so jealous!! lol. You have worked so very hard, you sure deserve it. My WI is tomorrow... I'm kinda scared... but I've done great the past 4 days so it should be good... not a gain anyway. Unless TOM is affecting me.
Well my evening has been good. I ended up having a great dinner and it didn't require me to go grocery shopping at all! I had lemon pepper fish filets, spinach, and oven roasted potatoe chunks, and I even made egg drop soup for my appetizer! It was so good and only 30 cals!! What a find! So it was all very filling and low cal too.
Well I am off to get some exercise in now and then a shower and then off to bed. Dh is out on the road tonight for the first time... he's on his way to PA. But his trainer lives 50 miles from us and told him that he will try to get him home once or twice during his training period so I may see him in a week or two!! I'm so excited!
But anyway, I am off here for the night. TTYL!
Old 09-06-2003, 09:31 AM   #42  

Good morning all!
Just thought I would pop on to let you know how my WI went... well I am STILL stuck at 169!! Hopefully I am losing inches... but since I don't have a tape measure yet, I don't know. But I'm trying not to be hard on myself... I mean after all monday and tuesday of this past week I did some stress eating because of DH leaving so maybe seeing 169 was a good thing! It could have gone up right? And it didn't, so I'm ok with that. I'll just try really hard this week to eat right and get more exercise in. Last night I did 25 minutes on the bike, 4.9 miles and it said I burned 250 calories, I was proud of that. Well, guess I'll get off here and get my day going! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 02:05 PM   #43  
hangin' in there...

Hello Ladies. Hope this Saturday finds everyone well and enjoying their weekend. We spent the morning on the soccer field. Ds had his first game ever.... it was hysterical! He has been playing hockey for 2 years, and wanted to try soccer this year, too. We had to explain to him that checking is not allowed in soccer! He was not rough.... just playing like he was in the rink! He scored a goal and was happy. Dd also had her first game of the season. She has been playing for a couple of years, and is quite good, if I might brag a bit. She was asked to try out for the travel team this year, but she is just turning 8 and travel teams really don't start til 10 around here. We wanted to give her at least one more year of "fun" soccer before it gets really competitive. I'm sure you can relate, Ginny, with your Dd and softball. My dd also scored a goal.

So, I am about to lie down for a little afternoon snooze. I worked extra last night, 11p-3a, then had to be at the soccer field by 8am. So I am bushed. I got a good walk in last evening and hope to get another in this evening. I have been OP, too, so I am feeling pretty good.

Spryng, that is great news about the possibility of seeing your dh sooner than you expected. I hope it happens for you. And I'm glad yu felt good about your WI, too. I have no idea where my weight is right now....... I don't even own a scale. But, I do know that my clothes are not as tight and I feel really good, so that's what's important to me.

K, I am off to snooze. Take care, all.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:12 PM   #44  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Starting a New Thread!
Closed Thread