Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2017, 01:16 PM   #31  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brd88 View Post
Hi, everyone! I'd like to join in here if I can. I definitely need some type of accountability!

Hi and welcome to the check-in.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #32  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

HI All!!

I am happy to report that things at work have slowed down enough for me to be able to catch my breath. I will be able to check in here (hopefully) daily again!

So in the time I have been gone.....I bought a treadmill! I try to walk on it everyday. I've had a 30 min walk today and plan on going to the gym for a 30min elliptical sesh later tonight.

My weight is still in the same area - 271.8 today. I am ready to get out of the 270s. I have also fallen in LOVE with riced cauliflower! Anyone else eat it? It is amazing. I use it in my chicken friend "rice" Add it to my taco meat and my chili. So amazingly yummy!

Looking forward to connecting with you all again and getting to know all of the new folks.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #33  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
HI All!!
Welcome back!
Old 04-03-2017, 02:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Vixsin welcome back! I will be checking on here every day so I will keep an eye on you And wow, treadmil, I really want one too! It's just not likely to happen here, all things considered. Good luck with your progress!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #35  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Ronja! I am here for you too!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:32 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Thanks Ronja! I am here for you too!
I will need that! I can just feel I am losing my momentum. I am always really good with starts, and I stick to my plans for two or three months, and after that, I begin to slack...and I really, really want this recent weight loss effort to be the last one, reuslting in maintanance. Such a long journey to go, I really need to stay accountable to all of you!

I promised myself to log my food on here. Today was my fast day, but I ate a small piece of gingerbread for dinner. Not planned, but it's really all I had, but for two coffees.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Hi Vixsin! I own a treadmill, hubby bought a lifefitness years ago - thank goodness, it's a life saver. He also has free weights. He's looking at a new contraption that's an all in one type weight/resistance thing. Right now I walk/hike/interval for an hour a day/5 days a week. It took me awhile to get there, once I get a little more fat off, I'm guessing about 175, I'm going to start with the weights.

I love the riced cauliflower as well. I make a fried rice with it that's really yummy. I also like the mashed cauliflower as well.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #38  

msgooch I udnerstand, believe me. It used to be completely impossible for me to skip breakfast, let alone all day of eating! So much that I had to forego some of my pregnancy check ups that required me have blood tests with emtpy stomach. Empty stomach at 10 am??? That just wasn't happening for me! But it seems following paleo/primal diet helped to stabilize my blood sugar and I don't really find it all that difficult to not eat for 24 or 36 hours. Sometimes it feels strangely easier to not eat at all than to eat in moderation (which is certainly not healthy, but if I had a healthy relationship with food, I wouldn't be sitting here weighting 100 kgs!).

Last edited by Ronja; 04-03-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:46 PM   #39  
**Britt**

S/C/G: 167.8/157.8/125-129

Vixsin, I LOVE cauliflower rice! When I used to eat meat, I always had a generous portion with some type of juicy meat on top like a rib roast with gravy or prime rib and au jus. I loved it and didn't miss rice at all! I haven't had it in quite some time - I may pick some up!
brd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Hi Diane,
I'm back after the week break.

Starting the next 12 weeks on IF 4:3

After my first quarter starting week 14 I lost 22lbs since the start.
Making a 12 week goal of 18lbs. Or 40lbs in six months.
I feel confident with my adjusted numbers.
Looking forward to spring foods.

I'm geared for weight loss this quarter .
Next quarter I'll start with more fasting geared for fasting benefits, but right now I need to get closer to healthy weight to help avoid some of the age related diseases.

Nuts and berries on fast days.
2Fish, 1chicken, 1 steak dinners a week.
Breakfasts are protein shakes
Lunches are salads.

I glad to back on plan.

While I was on break I went to the gym alot.
I think the next planned break will be geared for 6 weeks for muscle building. And then back to fasting.

I have so many more goals built in as healthy lifestyle than weight loss only. I find it much easier to navigate the planned break .
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #41  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/smoked chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Strength & Stamina - combined workouts, no swings w/5's & 10's
Old 04-03-2017, 09:45 PM   #42  

Default I'm new here

I'm new to this site I'm definitely interested in weight lose.
Destrow1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:33 PM   #43  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Hello all just checking in...a lot has happened since I was here yesterday.

Shout out to weekend CONGRATS on the new pant size
Shout out to Terri CONGRATS on onederland

WI this am was the same as yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that...you get the picture

So completed day one of week 2 of exercise program and am proud to say last week knee push ups I could only do 2 completely down and up with the rest hardly moving..today did 11 knee push ups all they way down and back up....something is working or I had a better nights sleep

Will check in later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:11 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I started my anti-sugar journey with drinking lots of extra water. In one of the articles I read, it said that sugar actually causes a little dehydration, so you have to drink more water when you eat sweets. I’ve heard that water helps diminish cravings, but I never think to drink it that way. Anyway this article said try drinking 10 to 20 glasses of water per day. I don’t see myself drinking 20 glasses of water in a day, but I will definitely experiment with more than 8. I drank more than 8 today and I have to admit, I already feel better and it did help with the cravings.

B: two slices cheddar cheese, coffee w/ half & half
L: 1/2 slice of costco pepperoni pizza (I was in a hurry or this would not have been my lunch choice)
S: a big plate of baby carrots, sugar snap peas and a little mayo
D: 3 pieces Trader Joes chicken drummellas, a few tater tots, and a big helping of cauliflower w/butter

E: 20 minute walk

Ronja Good luck with your fast! One of the reasons I think it’s hard to stop eating sweets is that there is a grieving process, and I have trouble with that.

Teri Onderland! Congratulations! Sometimes I like having an easy menu that I don’t have to think about. I have a friend who cooks the same thing for dinner every week. I know what the day of the week it is by what she’s making for dinner.

msgooch Yeah! Sugar is in everything! Since I’ve decided to do this, I really started reading labels. Wow! I don’t know if I’ll be able to eliminate it completely. I might have to compromise a bit. Your so close to getting out of the 190’s. You’re going to do it this week!

Weekend Boater Hope you feel better soon!

brd88 I’m trying to eat more whole foods too, mainly because they don’t have added sugar! Good luck with your goals!

Have a great Tuesday everybody!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:19 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Vixsin: I LOVE cauli rice and eat it almost daily. Steamed with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of grated cheese, as chicken "fried rice", under stir-fry, mixed with chili, alongside steak, in stuffed peppers, the possibilities are endless.

I buy it frozen at Trader Joe's. Although it is super simple to make myself, it's actually less expensive to buy it there because of the price of heads of cauliflower where I live.

Experiment, it's delicious!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote