Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-19-2017, 07:52 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Diana one pound down from yesterday, congrats

Vixsin congrats on navigating through Easter without eating off plan, you rock! Can't say the same for me but I'm back on plan, well sort of

I failed my yesterday's fast, I was tired and unable to do what I had to do without eating. So I made it a day of light eating and it worked quite well. Another fast tomorrow and hoping to rock that one (will keep you posted!).
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #182  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI back up to 161.2 so up 1.4 this am. I just keep shaking my head but I am kinda at a place where the number on the scale is not so much the forefront as I near the completion of my 4 week workout program. I decided to repeat the 4 weeks starting Monday and include doing the daily extra credit which I omitted this first round. I am however on this next round start with 'before' pictures and the recommended fitness test.

I am still eating low carb and pretty clean. But I must say I do indulge in adult beverages and I know they should be cut but I enjoy them in moderation. The only flour products I eat are if chicken wings when I am out are coated in some light coating. I still have not eaten any pasta, rice, bread since Oct 17 2016

OK I am off for work now back later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:39 AM   #183  

Hi everyone All is well here, just been a super busy week and staying very active. It is cool and damp again but we had a few nice warm days last week which felt like heaven and it was great to work outdoors a bit.

Hope that your all doing well! We have 12 days to go still!

Diana My thoughts are with you

Ronja waving right back at you! It's always a pleasure to see you and I do think of you. Sometimes things happen and we can't always be here but I am so glad that your daughter is recovered. I hope you got a good nights rest yesterday and caught up with a bit of rest. Congrats on a day of light eating and yes rooting for you to rock the fast! I could use one myself now after Easter.

flower sending a hug your way and glad your doing well : )
nancy WTG on your workouts! keep up the great work girl
Pang Congrats as well. It sounds like your doing wonderful on your plan, wtg on the steps!
Vixsen That is awesome that you did so well over Easter and in general too! Congrats Regarding the fitbit, please feel free to PM me and or I will when I get a chance.
keli waving! smiling about hunter! lol glad you had a nice dinner and hike. Hope you have a great day as well.
Teri Hi there. Hope things are going well for you and that your knee is feeling better. We got the boat out but it's cool again, at least we are getting a jump on things around here and I want to go out in May as soon as weather permits.....and time! lol
msgooch I am glad that you had a wonderful time over the Easter weekend and whilst away, wtg on being active and doing your hike, treadmill, etc!

A big hello to anyone I missed and to all of you! Wishing you all a great new day. As for my news, busyyyyyyyyyy but everything is coming along nicely and I am looking forward to a bit of a slowdown soon. I was planning to take a bit of a rest today for a while but not sure I can sit for too long, this is my rest and a wonderful one at that! lol Hope to chat soon, have a great day!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:51 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Busy morning at work, and had to pop out to take my kiddos to the dentist. Figured I could check in quick while I'm waiting.
[B]Nancy [B] I started the livstrong workout program with Nicky Hollander. It's an 8 week program and it's absolutely free. There are 5 different workouts a week and you work out 6 times a week. First 4 weeks is all the same and then it appears the second 4 weeks amps it up. I might have to repeat the first half again as I'm still making some modifications. What I love is it doesn't take up too much room, ( I work out in my bedroom cause the rest of the house is tile) it's free, no weights required, it's all body weight training, and it's a combo of different types of exercises. One day is HITT, one day is Plyo, one is a combination of them, one is strength, and one is active recovery. Oh and they don't take very long, no more than 45 min. and I work up a sweat.

Will write more tomorrow, as I'm using my phone right now and it's a pain in the tushy.
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #185  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Today didn't go completely as planned. I had my normal breakfast and lunch. For dinner, I went with my friends family out. They wanted Mexican. I was able to eat in moderation but that's still not completely good. I also couldn't get a workout in.

Calories: Unknown

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)

Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner
Mexican

Exercise:
None
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #186  
Work in Progress

Mmm Diana ... We have a Mexican restaurant near me where they make their own corn tortilla. You can watch this woman roll the ball, press them out and cook them on a huge flat stove top. The food there is so good and cheap. But since I am no longer doing flour, and have yet to reintroduce beans my time there will have to wait

tacos I will look into those workouts, right now I do fitness blender and just purchased a set of power blocks and am really enjoying my workouts. And boy do I sweat, huff and puff. Like what you do it is a variety of styles and they mix it up everyday

back tomorrow!
Old 04-20-2017, 01:56 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

nancylmrn I have to say you're my inspiration! I love eating paleo, without bread, pasta or rice. It makes me feel good and really healthy (it has also cured me from my Crohn's disease which I had suffered for years). But for some reason I've been really slipping lately, bread and cakes and gingerbread on almost daily basis...I need to get back to my no-flour lifestyle! My weight loss is still coming on nicely but for health reasons I need to stop deceiving myself and really get back to my healthy ways...

Diana I've never had Mexican food but it sounds lovely, congrats on being able to eat in moderation

Fast day today for me, I mean to not fail this time around!

Edit: So, not a fast day. 4 of my kids are out of house (for the first time) and my husband is at home, so we are using the opportunity to go out for lunch. This never really happens, the circumstances are extraordinary, so I am going to enjoy every second of it! Plan B, one-meal-a-day today.

Last edited by Ronja; 04-20-2017 at 02:55 AM.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:28 AM   #188  

Default April 2017

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing real well.

I weighed in yesterday at 197, but now I am at 198. I am not complaining. I have been doing some stress eating with sourdough bread and butter. Ate a taco and an ice cream cone among other food yesterday. I did not do anything excessive.

I worked out at a Y rehab pool yesterday. The jets were on. It was nice. I let the jets pound my knee. The jets there must be similar to those home swimming pools that are like a Jacuzzi, but you can swim in place. I found that I could do breast stroke in the front of the jet. I don't know if it would work for freestyle or backstroke because you might get water in your face or you might swim too close to the wall. Some jets are lower on the wall. I will have to try other strokes another time. I thought maybe my leg would swell up because the water is warmer, but I think it was helpful and my knee is less stiff. I am still in rehab and am working on steps. I do exercise for my knee 2x/day. It is like having another career, it takes up so much time. Oh, I found my free weights, so I am doing some upper body stuff.

Wkend Boater: It took a year to recover on my own, the last time I injured this leg. I did 6 months in the pool and 6 months of weight bearing. When I was young, I had an elbow injury and did whirl pool in physical therapy, and it helped really fast. But it is not done now. I wonder if it is not done to drag out therapy...

Glad to hear you are back in the boat...love hearing your stories.

I'm struggling with some other medical stuff/the medical system. I can't talk about and I feel very stupid about it. I'm afraid I may need multiple surgeries... I think things could get a lot worse for me. I could use your prayers.

Ronja: Glad to hear that your child is doing better...

Flower123: love that picture of your blue butterfly. My mom used to have a plate covered in blue butterflies under glass. I have been to a butterfly room at the conservatory, but I have never seen blue butterflies...and I wonder why...Maybe they are endangered...but I would think someone would have figured out a way to reproduce them under a controlled setting.

Diana: I am sorry you lost your friend...When you lose someone, it really puts your life in perspective...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:34 AM   #189  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Morning all,

Weight is down a little this morning, so that was nice. Mowed half my lawn yesterday and my arms and legs were sore last night. I'll now the other half today if it doesn't rain. Staying on plan today and it feels nice to be in the swing of things. Another busy one of work and school baseball today. Thankfully this is my son's last game for this week. He will need that test this weekend. So proud of how he is doing and sticking with baseball. He loves it.

Have a great day my friends!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:41 AM   #190  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

175.3 this morning, not sure why, but it stopped me trying to justify skipping WW tonight. So, I will go since next week we're going to a music festival in NC (so excited) and I won't be able to go. It's going to be a challenge the next month or so, NYC this weekend with my BFF, music festival, then CA with my mom, then another fest Memorial Day weekend. Looking forward to everything but I fear it's going to go by too fast! My Aunt in CA had her 2nd hip replacement yesterday, it went well, thank goodness.

Diana I was looking forward to seeing what you had, tacos, tamales, enchilada, I'll use my imagination, my mom and I used to go to a lunch buffet at a Mexican restaurant occasionally, talk about dangerous...

Teri I laughed when you said about PT being like a second career, that's what my morning stretching/exercise routine is becoming. It makes me feel good, but I really can't add in anything else, I'll never get to work on time!

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:58 AM   #191  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 180.4
Up: 1.2 pounds (sodium from Mexican food)

Have a great day!
Daily Devotion: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/5311891-post118.html

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-20-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #192  

Good morning everyone

Hope your all doing well. I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already, the week flew by for me. All is well here, no exercise yesterday but plenty of cleaning and I got in my 10k steps. I went to the market as well and I'm all set for the next few days. It will be chicken kabobs with colored peppers and onions the next few nights for dinner (cooking a big batch tonight). Lunch is my usual but I will either be having thin'n trim chicken lettuce rollup or cobb salad...h.b eggs.

Tacos That sounds like a great program and that your enjoying it as well..thanks for sharing the info with us. It's always nice to learn and hear of other programs.

Diana One word.....Yum! lol I absolutely love Mexican, not just for the food but for the festive fun atmosphere as well. I am thinking to skip this weekend again (as last weekend was Easter and this is our last weekend so I need to crank) and I think it's the margs that get me the most probably, I will see how antsy I get and how things go until then. Yes, the sodium gets me too! I am glad that you went out last night with family and friends and hope you had a nice time.

nancy waving hi! : ) Hope you have a good day as well and yay on tomorrow being Friday!

Ronja I am glad that you have the opportunity to go out with DH and took it and I wish you a beautiful time and day!

Teri sending prayers your way Hang in there..it sounds like your knee is doing better, keep it up..you will get there. How are your seedlings doing? Hope to have some stories to share with you soon. It's been a lot of indoor and outdoor work but at least now the place will be ready (and just need to be upkept) so we can enjoy it. We have a red tailed hawk nesting at the bottom of the driveway so I did NOT rake that part and don't want DH doing it either but he doesn't listen to me! Must be a guy thing, lol.

Vixsen Congrats on another good day! I can tell your feeling so much better and your on a great roll lady, wtg!

keli It sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff planned coming up! Summertime fun, finally! lol smiling.......hope your meeting goes well tonight, congrats on the loss and have a great weekend.

Hope you all have a great start to the weekend tomorrow

Hi to everyone I missed and incase I am MIA tomorrow, have a wonderful start to the weekend and I hope to catch up to you all soon.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:58 PM   #193  
Work in Progress

Hello all
WI still the same 161.2 but day 4 of week 4 completed. I am looking forward to starting over next week and doing the extra credit....I sucked it up this am and took pictures of me in my yoga pants and sports bra..(shudder shudder) but since I am not dropping weight I want to see if I see a difference in looks in another 4 weeks.

Ronja, since eating low carb last October my Dr. has removed one of my blood pressure meds for 30 days and if my numbers are still good I will be able to eliminate the 2nd. I am so hopeful for this to happen as I have been on drugs for well over 15 years. no on in my family has hypertension so not sure why it picked me. I know that the meds helped me put on 20lbs that first year. And the dr. told me it was just my imagination and when he did pay attention to it he gave me a sheet of paper on how to eat a balanced meal....really????? I switched Dr.s

ok enough of this negativity from me

Shouts and hugs all around. I did not get the job I interviewed for last week, I was the second choice. Ah well another one will come my way and I am still working at my current job just not happy

Hey anyone know how long you can keep cauliflower rice in the frig before you really need to either cook it up or toss it?
Old 04-20-2017, 09:18 PM   #194  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Weekend Boater
Good job on your steps. I am so ready for the weekend.

nancylmrn Great job with being able to lower your BP meds! Sorry about the job, but I think something even better will come along.

Total Approx 1490 Calories +
No extra bites or licks

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:

KCM's Lean Body Circuits - full body and Hi-Lo w/12's
Old 04-21-2017, 03:31 AM   #195  

Default April 2017

Hello! It is truly amazing how much weight people have lost in this group...

Nancy: Hope you are able to get off those meds. I had a simlar experience recently with gaining 20 lbs when meds were changed. I hope that you do not have to be too vigilant with your diet.

Weekend Boater: My seedlings are soso. They are really tiny. I grow mostly primroses and they do best around 60 degrees, so there's a very narrow time for growing them...maybe it would be easier in NH. Yesterday, I was out and was going to the rehab pool and I suddenly realized it was hot and rushed home to check on the seedlings. It was raining by the time I got home...which can also wipe out the plants. I put them in a dark garage if it is too hot...but then they don't grow. I have some near a window in the basement too. Oh, I have some really pretty rows of primroses blooming outside. I have some new colors...

Is the nest of your redtail in a really tall tree? We had redtails around here, but I don't know where they nest. We have a couple of bald eagles in the area. There are cams on them. One tree fell and the birds lost an egg, but they promptly built another nest and laid some more eggs. The one I saw has a really big nest in a tall tree on a cliff overlooking the river. Oh, my mom and brother once saw a snowy owl.

Emily Lander: You are looking really good! Hope that the people at your new job are wonderful.

Kelipa: I had a young PT student helping me. He was very nice and telling me about growing up with horses and lots of horse trails. It sounded like alot of fun.

Diana: I too can not get enough Mexican. I have a BD coming up and I usually go out to eat. I was thinking about Greek...but I don't know. I had a groupon for a Greek restaurant. I went to use it last month and the restaurant had closed. I was so disappointed. I wish that I did not get so much pleasure from eating!
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote